Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:39:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the presence of Bitcoin able to wipe out cash?  (Read 792 times)
Nikkolodeon

Activity: 98
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:53:58 AM

As it is famous today. that Bitcoin is the solution to the weakness of cash. Many people are switching from cash and using Bitcoin.
If this continues to happen then the cash will be destroyed.
what do you think about it?
will Bitcoin be replacing cash?
what if the cash impact is no longer used?

Nope! I don't think cash will be destroyed. I think if bitcoin will destroy cash in the future the government will act before it happens, in that way bitcoin will be destroyed first. Why? Because cash is what most people needs, those who don't have the bitcoin need cash. Those who are homeless needs cash. There are so many people who need cash rather than cryptos. How do you think they will live if there is no cash? You can think of other of other scenarios. Do you think bitcoin will not be banned in your country if they know that it will destroy the cash someday? I think it is better that they can coexist rather than destroying each other.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dexion

Activity: 812
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:56:17 AM

I do not think that bitcoin will replace ordinary money. The price for one coin is too high and it is used mainly as an investment, and not as a currency for small purchases.
yes, I agree with you, 1 bitcoin is so large that it can not be used to buy something of little value.

technology will continue to grow rapidly, so I'm sure if the world has received bitcoin as a legitimate transaction tool, then there will be a special application used for payment of something of little value.

as now there is altowl, a trading application on mobile. so wherever and whenever we can trade.

yurenchuang7125

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 03:01:21 AM

Not a chance, man.. Cash is immortal method of government to control economic market a bit.. BTC might get really strong but it it never replace regular cash.. Smiley

I don't think bitcoin will replace cash. Bitcoin will revolutionise finance and drive the financial system. It is used to replace the number of bank controls.
Butchick

Activity: 392

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 03:09:35 AM

Despite the convenience and all the advantages that bitcoin offers, i don't think it will ever replace cash. For one, not all people, unfortunately, have access to the internet and the digital currency, with this alone, the number of people being able to use bitcoin for purchases and transactions are limited. Another is that bitcoin and some other digital currencies are decentralized, which means governments cannot control or take hold of it and with this, money cannot be wiped out but instead, bitcoin will be added as an option when performing certaintransactions or payments.

Capt00

Activity: 938
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 03:17:58 AM

Maybe we can say it would in a certain place but not the entire community nor it happen globally. As we all knew that some places aren't accepted this or they certainly banned crypto, so it means that still a lot of people are currently and never look into these 3rd world currency generation.
Nick Abimanyu

Activity: 406
Merit: 19

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 03:18:05 AM

As it is famous today. that Bitcoin is the solution to the weakness of cash. Many people are switching from cash and using Bitcoin.

I never thought cash would be ruined. Bitcoin can never replace the currency we use everyday. As we know the amount of bitcoin is very limited in number only 21 million pieces, I think it is very unlikely bitcoin able to meet the needs of the world economy.
L00n3y

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 03:23:48 AM

Bitcoins popularity by the day is one thing but its acceptance by the general public is another thing. It will not replace cash at the moment or for the next 10 years.
coinholic

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 11:43:39 AM

I doubt. This is unlikely to happen. I just don’t see cash being wiped out anytime in the near or far future. It has been circulating in the monetary system for hundreds of years compared to Bitcoin’s existence of barely 10 years. And majority of the world’s population haven’t even heard of Bitcoin and that they are used to using cash. So the idea of cash being phased out is very unlikely to materialize.

pushups44

Activity: 854
Merit: 281

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 11:45:50 AM

I seriously doubt bitcoin will wipe out cash. I see cryptocurrencies and fiat currencies coexisting and interchangeable. The advantage of fiat currency is that it can be used to pay taxes.
devormity

Activity: 83
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:51:18 PM

Bitcoin will not change the international currency, because in my country bitcoin better as its own investment because of many problems with banks in my country, bitcoin worried about the shift of bank position, so bitcoin can not be a legitimate payment. Instruments such as buying goods and other necessities, bitcoin just like a tool to invest only.
PrimeauxETH

Activity: 48

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 04:16:03 PM

If it really happens, it would be a nightmare for me as I hate those bitcoins.
TheROBER

Activity: 116

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:52:09 PM

its not possible because for this everyone in earth should have internet knowledge which is not going to be possible ever
JayarC

Activity: 22

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 05:05:23 AM

It's very possible but it will take a big step to crypto to do that.
Jitra

Activity: 126
Merit: 5

Professional Translator (Malaysian Language)

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 05:08:14 AM

I honestly don't think bitcoin or any cryptocurrency will be able to wipe out cash, at least not during our lifetime.  Non of the governments around the world will allow it to happen.  They will do whatever it takes to make sure that they can control the currency a.k.a cash.  Unfortunately they may not be able to control bitcoins, not yet anyways.

csr.INPACTOR.com  ◁|▌ A NEW HUMANITARIAN ECOSYSTEM ▐|▷  theINCITEMENT.com
■■■■■■■■■■■■■   POWERED BY CSR Tokens   ■■■■■■■■■■■■■
Muramblend

Activity: 49

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 10:58:57 AM
Last edit: June 01, 2018, 09:33:47 PM by Muramblend

Not for many years. When all devices and people have the means to exchange currency with the reliability, discreteness, and ease as cash then it could be possible, as long as we have 100% up-time.
LudiAAA1

Activity: 27

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:09:18 PM

Not sure as it is in beta still but if this happens then there will be a tragedy ofcourse
LORENthetiger

Activity: 61

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 01:06:38 PM

I would rather say that it is not impossible looking at the growing craze for the bitcoins
Sains

Activity: 41

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 08:29:17 AM

not like that in fact .. cash is still needed.
fc10a3

Activity: 23

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 09:02:30 AM

Reduce the share of cash, but do not wipe
First77

Activity: 266
Merit: 32

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 12:58:45 PM

Looks like Bitcoin will get into trouble for talking about currency/cash.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: