Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:36:14 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Another hard fork coming in October. New Bitcoin name is "Bitcoin Gold"  (Read 5662 times)
Mr_Twelve

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 09:06:29 AM

r u sure that there will be a "new" coin, like during the BCH fork?
ngocbkcse

Activity: 562
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 09:18:54 AM

Yes, it's Bitcoin Gold(BTG), may be in the future market will have a lot of bitcoin fork versions if this situation continuously going on. It could be another great time to buy if there's another big dip before the fork.
UAE Seasider

Activity: 700
Merit: 110

Helios Protocol https://discord.gg/cpzAEMB

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 09:38:28 AM

I think after the last fork with BCH spinning off people won't be as excited this time around. BCH did trade at around $800 briefly after the fork had completed then settled around $600 for a while and now its in the $300. I don't expect Bitcoin Gold to do much more than where BCH is now so maybe sell and transfer all back into Bitcoin itself like some have already said a bit of free cash to help you stack.

Hopefully this is the last one for some time and Bitcoin can do it's own thing without more hurdles.

Any wallet's announced support for Gold yet?

HELIOS PROTOCOL ★ ✅[DAG]✅[BLOCKCHAIN]✅[PoS]✅[Masternodes] ✈✈✈[weekly Airdrop][join our discord to qualify]✈✈✈
 ▬▬  Mainnet Launched  |  Parallel Blockchain  ▬▬ 
 ▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ Website  |  Github  |  Bitcointalk  |  Bounties  |Discord  |  telegram▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 09:40:57 AM

Yes, it's Bitcoin Gold(BTG), may be in the future market will have a lot of bitcoin fork versions if this situation continuously going on. It could be another great time to buy if there's another big dip before the fork.

Could be, but I'm not sure that the market is quite ready for a dip like that yet. The bulls have retraced to the very last resistance before retesting all-time highs. I suspect that Bitcoin will continue to rally as there is still ample time before the real fork threat in November.

In the meantime, if anything, the Bitcoin Gold fork could be causing people to withdraw their BTC from exchanges, so they can recover the BTG after the fork. That could help drive the price back to $5000 and beyond. I suspect that November will be bearish for Bitcoin, though, as the Segwit2x fork approaches.

RayvenPierre

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 09:55:11 AM

Bitcoin may experience a decrease in price but it may not be that big unlike the previous fork. But surely there will be a price increase that would happen but it may not be that much. People should have more faith in bitcoin given what has happened before with BCC.

Mike011

Activity: 312
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 09:58:18 AM

So, if i have BTC after the fork i will receive free BTG? Right?
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 10:04:23 AM

As long as you putted your bitcoin into the wallets or exchanges that promised that they will give bitcoin gold then you will receive bitcoin gold for sure and you need to remember that the amount of bitcoin gold that you are getting will be equal to the amount of your bitcoin so if you want more bitcoin gold then you need to buy or get more bitcoins to be deposited or to be held.
okae
Legendary

Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008

northern exposure

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2017, 10:18:39 AM

like happen some weeks ago, something like this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2017191.0 , so yes, in the end this is free BTG for all, just be 100% that you follow tips on that thread.

I predict that people will dump his BTG so faster Tongue

...People should have more faith in bitcoin...

Agree but you know... people are impatient... let's hope that bitcoin devs could  bring us to the table a good bitcoin who solved the current problems in a good way...

IMHO #1.b of suspects, Hal Finney is/was S.N.
Mr_Twelve

Activity: 11

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:18:57 AM

do you have any wallets which supports the fork of bitcoin gold or are there no informations out yet?
wellsontheja

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:36:21 AM

Another hard fork seems to come soon. The new bitcoin will be named "Bitcoin Gold". How would you think about this?

Bitcoin Gold will be successful as like Bitcoin Cash?

Bitcoin price will go higher before and after the new hard fork?

https://www.coindesk.com/first-cash-now-gold-another-bitcoin-hard-fork-way/

Idk bitcoin gold will be succes as Bitcoin cash or failed like bitcoin unlimited.
It succes or not according by response from user but i hope it'll be succes and about bitvoin price maybe it'll gow down beforw hardfork but after that it'll go to the moon i trust that, just like before.
UAE Seasider

Activity: 700
Merit: 110

Helios Protocol https://discord.gg/cpzAEMB

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:38:08 AM

Someone just linked me to this, I have no idea what to make of it, I am more on my alt coins at the moment with some BTC and BCH sat in Bitcoin Core wallets so it doesn't bother me either way.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/7551nd/bitcoin_gold_fork_had_happened_a_week_ago_and_the/

Take a look and draw your own conclusions

HELIOS PROTOCOL ★ ✅[DAG]✅[BLOCKCHAIN]✅[PoS]✅[Masternodes] ✈✈✈[weekly Airdrop][join our discord to qualify]✈✈✈
 ▬▬  Mainnet Launched  |  Parallel Blockchain  ▬▬ 
 ▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ Website  |  Github  |  Bitcointalk  |  Bounties  |Discord  |  telegram▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐
datodota002

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:42:50 AM

Another hard fork seems to come soon. The new bitcoin will be named "Bitcoin Gold". How would you think about this?

Bitcoin Gold will be successful as like Bitcoin Cash?

Bitcoin price will go higher before and after the new hard fork?

https://www.coindesk.com/first-cash-now-gold-another-bitcoin-hard-fork-way/

i hope the bitcoin gold can hold his succes not like bitcoin cash, get high price at the time when it release and going down rapidly so fast, that makes me very dissatisfied
sonofsquidward

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 01:46:43 PM

This article has more answers from two of the people responsible for Bitcoin Gold:

https://moneymorning.com/2017/10/06/the-bitcoin-gold-hard-fork-explained/
Rubberduck59

Activity: 340

NEM <3

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 01:50:40 PM

So basically exact same strategy  as the last time?
Sell all altcoins -> buy btc -> sell btw at high on/before 25 oktober -> buy altcoin low after Segwit2

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
babar123

Activity: 481
Merit: 258

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 04:54:57 PM

what do you expect the price of bitcoingold to be during the first day ? and will exchange give bitcoingold like kraken, coinbase and so on
ahmad21

Activity: 672
Merit: 271

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 05:04:15 PM

Well I don't know about this one but I think they're just making a lot of confusions to people. Why another hard fork? Then somewhere in the line I read in the article the words "...the plan is being hatched in China." Let's see if this will really push through and what will happen next. But one thing I am certain, I am not gonna support this another alt.
I think this is being done to mantain some mining capability of bitcoin. Moreover I think its quite different from any other altcoin. Not only because it has bitcoin with its name but because it can be mined is same way as bitcoin. Moreover I have heard that everyone will get btc gold equivalent to the  amount of btc they are holding.
Frank0209

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 05:17:51 PM

As I know the upcoming hard fork will make Bitcoin become more difficult to mine and holder will receive amount of Bitcoin Gold equivalant to the amount of Bitcoin they have it's the same with the hard fork on 1st August when holder received Bitcoin Cash as much as the amount of Bitcoin. Beside I think maybe after the hard fork in this month Bitcoin price will be double soon cause the hard fork will make Bitcoin more difficult to mine Cheesy
imteaz

Activity: 532
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2017, 05:20:37 PM

So, my question is, does all exchanges give you free Bitcoin Gold, if you hold bitcoins? So some specific exchanges? can someone name of them, so we will have a brief idea, where to hold to get some free gold Smiley thanks

ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 05:23:38 PM

what do you expect the price of bitcoingold to be during the first day ? and will exchange give bitcoingold like kraken, coinbase and so on

Basically 0. It's clear it's a scam (see https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/757jf4/here_is_why_bitcoingold_is_shady_and_a_scam_you/ and https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/7551nd/bitcoin_gold_fork_had_happened_a_week_ago_and_the/), I've seen a hundred posts from people eager to dump it imagining they will get rich like with BCH. Whereas BCH actually had supporters. I've not seen a whisper of interest from anyone wanting to hold BCG.

So, while I was hopeful like everyone else that I'd wring some profit from BCG, I've literally struck it from my list of things to pay attention to in the weeks ahead. Maybe they will actually find some 2-bit exchange to host it (I notice nobody seems to have paid attention to that little detail), but if no one is dumb enough to buy who are you planning to sell to ahead of the scammers dumping it on the first poor soul they can trick into placing a buy order?

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
trickyriky

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 05:25:09 PM

Guys! When will be this hard fork?
Will Myselium wallet support bitcoin gold?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: