Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:54:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: In which Mem trolls Kano and kano predictably bursts into flames  (Read 4997 times)
mem (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 12:37:31 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2013, 04:41:23 AM by mem

Avalon have been dragging their heels on sending him any hardware (and today stated they won't send him an Avalon but just some different 6GH/s device) so for the last 4 months Avalons have been pretty unreliable.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=140539.msg2291673#msg2291673

It would be in your best interest also of course.

(Yes, I do not want an Avalon or an Avalon clone Tongue)

Q> Whats an asic thread without Kano flouncing around like a big sook or demanding free hardware ?
A> One where he already has been paid.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1805

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 11:05:19 PM

Avalon have been dragging their heels on sending him any hardware (and today stated they won't send him an Avalon but just some different 6GH/s device) so for the last 4 months Avalons have been pretty unreliable.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=140539.msg2291673#msg2291673

It would be in your best interest also of course.

(Yes, I do not want an Avalon or an Avalon clone Tongue)

Q> Whats an asic thread without Kano flouncing around like a big sook or demanding free hardware ?
A> One where he already has been paid.
Q> What's an asic thread without some unknown, ignore flagged, herp derp user making stupid comments?
A> Non-existent.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
WinTame2012

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

Official sponsor of Microsoft Corp.

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 11:49:29 PM

Quote from: kano
Q> What's an asic thread without some unknown, ignore flagged, herp derp user making stupid comments?
A> Non-existent.
your answer is obvious, given the fact kano was in all of the threads.

Sorry for off-topic guys, but this moron just flying around shitting on everything but that is already deep in shit (BFL, i.e.)

May the WinTame Power be with you!
http://wintame.com
kano
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 01:15:59 AM

A> Non-existent.

Sorry for off-topic guys, but this moron just flying around shitting on everything but that is already deep in shit (BFL, i.e.)
Sorry people for these two morons posting rubbish in your threads.
They seem to like posting crap based on delusions and have a general reality check problem.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
mem (OP)

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 02:13:34 AM

A> Non-existent.

lmao, well said.

Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 02:47:30 AM

A> Non-existent.

They seem to like posting crap based on delusions and have a general reality check problem.

Oy.

illegitimi non carburundum.  They seem to like pushing your buttons. Probably cuz it's getting a rise.
mem (OP)

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 05:16:50 AM
Last edit: May 31, 2013, 05:44:49 AM by mem

A> Non-existent.

Oy.

illegitimi non carburundum.  They seem to like pushing your buttons. Probably cuz it's getting a rise.

Kano is like a spoiled entitled little child/ brat, you know the type:

Take candy away (that he simply assumed he deserves) and watch him throw an epic tantrum all the while screaming that he is right about X and he deserves Y with a complete disregard for everyone but himself.  
Truly an awful individual who deserves to be roasted every time he opens his mouth to have his latest cry.

Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 05:45:50 AM

A> Non-existent.

Oy.

illegitimi non carburundum.  They seem to like pushing your buttons. Probably cuz it's getting a rise.

Take candy away (that he just assume he deserves) and watch him throw an epic tantrum all the while screaming that he is right about X and he deserves Y with a complete disregard for everyone but himself.  
Truly an awful individual who deserves to be roasted every time he opens his mouth to have his latest cry.

Disagree. He seems a bit reactionary, but he also is partially responsible for the code that the majority of us are mining with. What little I've seen of him, when not in a shouting match with a couple of people, has been pretty helpful.

He is helping BkkCoins with coding, trying to have CGminer ready to go on the klondike boards. I'm a newbie, and Cgminer is so far the ONLY software that worked the way it says it will (including the supposedly "newbie friendly" GUIminer frontend). So he wants to gain from his efforts. So do I. So do you, most likely. Being irritable doesn't make you an awful person.
mem (OP)

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 05:52:52 AM

A> Non-existent.

Oy.

Take candy away (that he just assume he deserves) and watch him throw an epic tantrum all the while screaming that he is right about X and he deserves Y with a complete disregard for everyone but himself.  

Disagree. He seems a bit reactionary, but he also is partially responsible for the code that the majority of us are mining with. What little I've seen of him, when not in a shouting match with a couple of people, has been pretty helpful.

He is helping BkkCoins with coding, trying to have CGminer ready to go on the klondike boards. I'm a newbie, and Cgminer is so far the ONLY software that worked the way it says it will (including the supposedly "newbie friendly" GUIminer frontend). So he wants to gain from his efforts. So do I. So do you, most likely. Being irritable doesn't make you an awful person.

Oh I agree, he is a good coder, unfortunately he is also a massive dick (see how he approached avalon).
Kano is not the original / main author of CGminer but unfortunately he is the loudest author.

It was quite hilarious to see him making constant threats against avalon by threatening to make cgminer incompatible with their products only to STFU when it was revealed Jeff (the original cgminer author) was the person working with Avalon.

Simply put, Kano is a greedy dickhead who gives OSS a bad name. As a linux user & admin of ~14 years I think its revolting to see someone so rude and entitled come out of the OSS camp.

kano
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 10:07:07 AM

It was quite hilarious to see him making constant threats against avalon by threatening to make cgminer incompatible with their products only to STFU when it was revealed Jeff (the original cgminer author) was the person working with Avalon.

Simply put, Kano is a greedy dickhead who gives OSS a bad name. As a linux user & admin of ~14 years I think its revolting to see someone so rude and entitled come out of the OSS camp.
OK, I'll say it bluntly - fuck off, prick.
That is a complete bullshit lie.
You are a good example of why I do sometimes abuse the crap out of people.

Show me ONE POST ANYWHERE where I said I would make cgminer incompatible with the Avalons.
What I have done is write most of the cgminer library that now deals with all the USB devices (including the Avalon) and also helped with the development of the Avalon driver.

So simple - show proof or shut the fuck up.

Where have I said I'm entitled to anything? Show me one post for that also! No? No! Cos you made that shit up also.

Jeff is NOT the original cgminer author.
Jeff wrote a cpu miner that was what ckolivas used as the basis for cgminer.
Most of Jeff's code has been rewritten, replaced (coz it wasn't very good) or in many cases whole new code has been added for things that didn't even exist before.

My complaint about OSS was the simple fact that Avalon used the cgminer code and did not release the source code when asked, until 30 days later.
Then made up a crap (and invalid) excuse that they had to remove debugging from the code before release ... which is against the GPLv3 license also.
They claimed to ship the Avalon in January (and the git shows they were working on the code 2 days after that Tongue) but they didn't release the code that was already in the devices they shipped (whatever the day was that they really shipped them) until a month later.

Seriously, your post is pretty much bullshit, from start to finish.
Get a reality grip before posting next time (or at least take your lithium first)

ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 12:07:50 PM

Kano, Mem and others could you please take your kindergarden somewhere else?
kano
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 12:13:06 PM

Kano, Mem and others could you please take your kindergarden somewhere else?
No

Aseras

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 08:39:00 PM

Kano has helped significantly with the Avalon firmware development. Even if he claims he hasn't. Con's doing the typing and work. Kano is there to dig the devs out when they mess up something or hit a roadblock, or a mountain slide. He has lead me by the hand through crap I didn't understand.

Avalons dev team, is well non existent except for xiangfu. 99% of the work has been poke an avalon watch it react and go from there. Kano is the man for poking things and getting reactions. He knows his stuff Tongue
turtle83

Activity: 322

Supersonic

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 09:42:34 PM

As a linux user & admin of ~14 years I think its revolting to see someone so rude and entitled come out of the OSS camp.

I doubt the 14 years claim. You obviously have not interacted with anyone else in the OSS camp Smiley

ecliptic

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 10:20:00 PM

so many software guys fundamentally do not understand hardware

maybe if it cost you a few thousand dollars every time you invoked gcc
ecliptic

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 10:21:42 PM

My complaint about OSS was the simple fact that Avalon used the cgminer code and did not release the source code when asked, until 30 days later.

Pretty sure you have to receive a binary to be able to invoke the GPL.  Outsiders can't do it.

Granted for the majority of things it's not hard to purchase / obtain a binary copy and then request the code

Nobody who gets a copy of their program requests the source code, they don't have to release it until someone does.  That's how it's written.  Take it up with RMS if you don't like it.

and they were within the 30 day window even though nobody who had the legal right to do so formally requested the code, no?
K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 10:24:58 PM

so many software guys fundamentally do not understand hardware

maybe if it cost you a few thousand dollars every time you invoked gcc
well, thats the fault of the nowadays used programming languages which are all almost likely do_magic(). also winblows/osx hurts you alot if your a developer

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
kano
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 10:26:28 PM

Pretty sure you have to receive a binary to be able to invoke the GPL.  Outsiders can't do it.

Granted for the majority of things it's not hard to purchase / obtain a binary copy and then request the code

Nobody who gets a copy of their program requests the source code, they don't have to release it until someone does.  That's how it's written.  Take it up with RMS if you don't like it.
Sigh, go read the thread ...
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=142083.msg1513165#msg1513165

ecliptic

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 10:27:45 PM

Sigh, go read the thread ...
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=142083.msg1513165#msg1513165

Yes you have so far avoided breaking the license by not even releasing the code coz apparently no one has rightfully requested it

So which one of their customers requested the source code?

It sounds like you admit they were not in violation of the GPLv3

Or why don't you quote the explicit, legal, text of the GPL that they supposedly violated

No, not "the spirit".  The literal text.  There's a world of difference between "violating a license" and "doing something I don't like"
dan99

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 02:11:11 AM

A> Non-existent.

Oy.

Agreed he is helping with the cgminer, a much better programmed / software than others. What's wrong with awarding him a miner? by doing so he will take the initiative to look after problems and what not and trouble shoot them, and he is also into updating the software as when needed. 
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: