Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 07:31:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KNCMiner Sell order#  (Read 14981 times)
klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 09:23:48 AM

Sam, there will be 500 in the first batch? How soon do you plan to sell the 1st, 2nd and 3rd batches?

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 09:51:22 AM

Actually I think of it differently

What annoys me more than anything is people on eBay/or here selling pre orders for boxes. When the person buying has no chance of actually knowing if the box will ever arrive at his/her door because the original company doesn't allow a change of shipping address,

There is enough scamming in this industry already. I do not want to see our boxes or queue placements being used at all to scam anyone out of money and if i can spend a few minutes to fight that I will.

If this offends anyone then so be it. I would rather that than have you lose your coins to someone who claims to have a queue placement, or a full pre order who in actual fact does not.

After payments are made and the queue does indeed become longer. We know that queue trading is gong to happen and as we cant stop it the best we can do is try to make sure no one gets scammed.

Sam

And this is exactly what I would pen if I had low queue numbers to sell acting as the go-between. Fuckin' genius!

Do it for the child!

Protect those from getting scammed! (Gulp! Sounds like me, but you know what I meant.)
stripykitteh
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 11:05:43 AM

Well, thanks KnC. You've demonstrated through your behaviour today exactly what I could expect from you if I was to become one of your customers. You've just saved me some money and heartache, I expect.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 11:22:14 AM

Is it possible to resell a BFL pre-order?

Paya

Activity: 334
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 11:36:43 AM

Serious buyer with live cash in his hands will have to wait in line while people who put early preorder are playing their little speculative game, without actually ever investing a cent in product? And all this is supported and arranged by the company? Unbelievable...
pikeadz

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 11:53:15 AM

I think his intentions were good, but he was probably a little naive and didn't really think this through.  Now that all of this has been pointed out, his pride is preventing him from changing the policy.  You know what they say about pride and the fall...  hopefully he can come to terms with that, change the policy and move on.  The people have spoken man.  They are your customers.  And while I realize it is not a democracy, you should view such unanimous disdain as guidance.  Respect them.  We don't need another prideful BFL in this world.
KS

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 01:39:15 PM

Here you go, start your bidding:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=222622.0

100 000 000 BTC (one hundred million).

wait, Is this the right thread?  oh....  Embarrassed
KS

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 02:04:53 PM

Here you go, start your bidding:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=222622.0

100 000 000 BTC (one hundred million).

wait, Is this the right thread?  oh....  Embarrassed

Hmmm (thinks to himself) "Maybe I should have gone for 100 000 000 000 BTC (one hundred billion)."

100 000 000 000 BTC (one hundred billion)

There you go. Looks much better. Happy now. Smiley
KS

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 02:07:15 PM

Hey, I'm the first one to make an offer in this thread. Does that count? Can I resell my place# in the other thread? Will the OP nicely take care of the formalities for me? I'm pretty sure I would have the winning bid.
stripykitteh
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 02:16:58 PM

Hey, I'm the first one to make an offer in this thread. Does that count? Can I resell my place# in the other thread? Will the OP nicely take care of the formalities for me? I'm pretty sure I would have the winning bid.

Only if I can be #2 behind you. Actually, I was thinking of starting my own thread where people can bid to be the first to respond to my post. Highest bid wins. Thinking about starting the bidding at BTC6. Any takers?

EDIT: Hey wow, it turns out that my close friends and family and my work colleagues all have pre-orders in to be the first to post in my new thread. No. 1 is my cat, but I think she'll reluctantly step aside for BTC10.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 02:19:20 PM

I feel sorry for the next vendor that allows pre-orders. The first person that discovers it will pre-order 1000 times.
KS

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 03:03:45 PM

Only if I can be #2 behind you. Actually, I was thinking of starting my own thread where people can bid to be the first to respond to my post. Highest bid wins. Thinking about starting the bidding at BTC6. Any takers?

EDIT: Hey wow, it turns out that my close friends and family and my work colleagues all have pre-orders in to be the first to post in my new thread. No. 1 is my cat, but I think she'll reluctantly step aside for BTC10.

OK. I'm selling the #2 spot behind me (great idea BTW!).

Best offers please.

NB: serious buyers only!
KS

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 03:04:42 PM

I feel sorry for the next vendor that allows pre-orders. The first person that discovers it will pre-order 1000 times.

I bet you could even script a bot to register for you... 1000 times pfffff, step aside noob! Smiley
kendog77

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 03:15:49 PM

What annoys me more than anything is people on eBay/or here selling pre orders for boxes. When the person buying has no chance of actually knowing if the box will ever arrive at his/her door because the original company doesn't allow a change of shipping address,

There is enough scamming in this industry already. I do not want to see our boxes or queue placements being used at all to scam anyone out of money and if i can spend a few minutes to fight that I will.

If this offends anyone then so be it. I would rather that than have you lose your coins to someone who claims to have a queue placement, or a full pre order who in actual fact does not.

After payments are made and the queue does indeed become longer. We know that queue trading is gong to happen and as we cant stop it the best we can do is try to make sure no one gets scammed.

Sam

I think this is a decent policy that should apply after the original customer pays. It only takes 2 minutes to place a "pre-order" on your website, so folks that never had any intention of buying should not be financially rewarded if they don't have any skin in the game.

Make the original buyers pay to find out who is serious and purge the queue, and if they decide to sell afterwards you can help facilitate transfers.
KS

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 03:27:09 PM

Sam

I think this is a decent policy that should apply after the original customer pays. It only takes 2 minutes to place a "pre-order" on your website, so folks that never had any intention of buying should not be financially rewarded if they don't have any skin in the game.

Make the original buyers pay to find out who is serious and purge the queue, and if they decide to sell afterwards you can help facilitate transfers.

The best policy is to not mess with the orders.

User pays and gets the product (free to resell it afterwards).

User doesn't pay and the order is canceled.
Twh

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 05:35:30 PM

This is a more decent way to do it, at least this filters out the small-scale speculators. There's nothing wrong with this and it actually does exactly what they want to do. I don't really understand what mental mixup made them create the system they claim to have now. By far the best is just disallowing order transfers. Buyers should be cautious when buying from others, that's the end of it, it's not the manufacturer's fault or responsibility that they weren't careful and got scammed.

In the end the core issue is that this queue exists, it doesn't make any sense.
eve

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 05:40:11 PM

I may have some units available do contact me as early as possible. first come first serve. PM me please.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 05:49:44 PM

This is a more decent way to do it, at least this filters out the small-scale speculators. There's nothing wrong with this and it actually does exactly what they want to do. I don't really understand what mental mixup made them create the system they claim to have now. By far the best is just disallowing order transfers. Buyers should be cautious when buying from others, that's the end of it, it's not the manufacturer's fault or responsibility that they weren't careful and got scammed.

In the end the core issue is that this queue exists, it doesn't make any sense.

+1

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 05:52:59 PM

I may have some units available do contact me as early as possible. first come first serve. PM me please.

Eve. Now that's a nice, fresh douche-bag shill name. I bet you put a lot of thought into that one.
stripykitteh
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 06:07:22 PM

Eve. Now that's a nice, fresh douche-bag shill name. I bet you put a lot of thought into that one.

Yeah, she's a fast learner. She joined the forum 2 days ago, was asking neophyte questions about solo mining yesterday and now she's got some hard to get hold of hardware. A regular little Einstein. Either that or you've exposed a shill factory, Phinnaeus.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print