Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:46:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: when you try to explain people about cryptocurrency do they understand?  (Read 3547 times)
KingOfWinterfell01

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:25:41 PM

at the beginning it took me some time to explain people about this market.
i wonder:
when you try to explain people about cryptocurrency do they understand?

They do. When I explaib bitcoins in every detail possible, they understand what bitcoins are and what other cryptocurrencies are currently circulating in the internet. But I never push them to invest in bitcoins not to mention to start trading. I guess it's their own initiative to try and start trading. At least when they do do it on their own and fail, they can't blame me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stromae

Activity: 309

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:26:35 PM

i wonder:

They do. When I explaib bitcoins in every detail possible, they understand what bitcoins are and what other cryptocurrencies are currently circulating in the internet. But I never push them to invest in bitcoins not to mention to start trading. I guess it's their own initiative to try and start trading. At least when they do do it on their own and fail, they can't blame me.

If we're talking about an elder person, it's really hard for them to understand how bitcoin works. Youngsters are better in understanding the bitcoin technology actually.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:31:24 PM

i wonder:

Good for you that they understand about it.  As for me I was having a hard time to explain to them how bitcoin gives an income.  They are always afraid to try and always saying that it is a scam.  It is maybe because bitcoin is not that popular here in our country. If they do not understand I just stop explaining.
Scavagers

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:06:49 PM

i wonder:
I introduced bitcoin to my friends and family, I know they do not care at first but when I told them more they got interested,its hard to understand at first,even I do not completely understand all the terminologies and other things that I must know. if you want them to learn about bitcoin,teach them the basics and dont teach them chunks of information, just bit by bit and they will learn eventually. By that time, they will probably have interest and they will start asking questions about something that isnt clear to them.
jinxing

Activity: 276
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:29:19 PM

They do not understand one bit. not even a few people who criticize. But after a while they see the changes being experienced by bitcoin users, they become interested. Initially it was hard to explain, because there are so many market languages. But as time passes slowly they will understand.
Booooooo

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:59:29 PM

I do not talk about technological nuances and other complex issues, but I always emphasize the safety of bitcoin, I tell you what profits can be obtained and how to do it. Usually people understand everything and even start to invest in money.

gamechain

Activity: 162

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:32:32 AM

Normally they don't, but if you're intro cryptocurrencies long enough you eventually know how to explain the basics in a language fully understandable by most people. Then some get curious, and others don't...

Either way, it's still something quite out of the ordinary for most people, so it's pretty hard to explain...

In fact, they are not very understanding, sometimes even to stop you. Think of it as a scam and sometimes do not want to explain it. People who understand you will always understand.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10207

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:58:43 AM

Normally they don't, but if you're intro cryptocurrencies long enough you eventually know how to explain the basics in a language fully understandable by most people. Then some get curious, and others don't...

Either way, it's still something quite out of the ordinary for most people, so it's pretty hard to explain...

In fact, they are not very understanding, sometimes even to stop you. Think of it as a scam and sometimes do not want to explain it. People who understand you will always understand.

There is some truth in the fact that some people are better listeners and also better interactive or maybe just interested in a variety of topics.

Sometimes you do not know about someone's areas of interest until either they ask or something in your environment sparks the conversation in a certain direction, and one thing leads to another, and the next thing you know, talking about crypto.

On a weekly basis, I have anywhere between 5-10 people that either I talk with about bitcoin or the topic comes up, and sometimes these are folks that are brand new to bitcoin or crypto and other times they have had some exposure to the topic.  Sometimes, I see them in a quasi public location in which I have three computers that are running in various spots, and each of the computers have bitcoin tickers running (my two favorite to keep up on the screen in order that I can see it from a variety of angles is bitcoinity.org and bitcoinwisdom.com).  

So sometimes folks will see the bitcoin ticker and they will ask about what it is or guess what it is, for example suggest that it is the stock market or something like that.  So, if the topic goes down the bitcoin road, then I am more than willing to discuss, and if they start to talk about various other cryptos, then I am not too interested in discussing other cryptos, so there is a bit of a two way street about whether people know anything, and how much either they or I am interested in the topic.  If they get me talking about bitcoin, then that is when we get into potential information overload territory in terms of my willingness to share (in the event that they are interested in the topic).  If I sense that peeps are not interested in the topic, it is easy enough to change topics, and in other words, I do not push it.

So the punch line is that ease of explaining does have some connection to the level of interest of the audience, which may be different time 1 or time 2 or time 3, etc.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
imdada

Activity: 46
Merit: 1

quarkchain.io

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:02:34 AM

Most of my friends know only Bitcoin. So, I always start with this phrase " Do you know that Bitcoin is just one of the thousands crypto today? Then my discussion starts..
They just get the idea but they must e the one to do their research and study it.
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:32:08 AM

Most of my friends know only Bitcoin. So, I always start with this phrase " Do you know that Bitcoin is just one of the thousands crypto today? Then my discussion starts..
They just get the idea but they must e the one to do their research and study it.

its nice to see that there are people who are willing to spread the word bitcoin and cryptocurrency in our youth thats why i salute you sir and to others that keeps on doing it because these is another way to help cryptos especially bitcoin to become more popular in any parts of the world therfor this could lead to more price increase as more and more people were going thru it because they see bitcoin is merely a profitable way in the form of investment and trading. in my case i also educate my neighbors , co workers , house mates  , etc so that they can also experience what i experience in cryptos.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10207

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:36:03 AM

So if you and i were having a conversation in real life, I would be mostly interested in talking about bitcoin.. however, if you want to compare and contrast and talk about a bunch of other cryptos, then you would lose me, because I am personally not very interested in various other cryptos.

Accordingly, if we are on the same page and we are mutually interesting to each other, then we can have a conversation, but if our interests diverge in such a way that is not interesting to one of the parties, then we may not have much to talk about.

Furthermore, there may be some folks are interested in a wide variety of cryptos and open to such discussion, and there may be some other folks who are only interested in certain cryptos - and they don't want to necessarily explore compare and contrasting of the cryptos.

Sometimes, I have also found that topics can become combative, too, and maybe it can be good to avoid combativeness, especially in real life.   Sometimes, someone will bring up some other crypto, and I might either say, I am not interested in that crypto or I might give my conclusion about what I think of that crypto from what i have heard about it, such as calling it a pump and dump.  Sometimes, there can be some hostility because I might not appreciate if the person attempts to preach to me or to sell me on some coin or presume that I don't know enough about the coin in order to come to whatever assessment that I have made.  So, there can be a fine degree of distinction between going down the road of polite conversation and preachiness, and most people do not like to be preached to (at least I don't because it puts me on the offensive, sometimes when someone tries to preach to me about any topic whether crypto or religion or anything else).

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
wojiaohahaha

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:49:45 AM

I never voluntarily explain to people what cryptocurrency is?
Because at first he didn't know what it was?
I offered to introduce them to them.
He might have thought my motives.
IamAltcoinfan

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

homt.net

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:57:08 AM

I tried to explain everything about cryptocurrencies to my friends but they don't seem to understand it. They don't even know how it works and how is it even possible to earn money with cryptocurrencies. They don't believe that it really works and I don't know how to explain it to them anymore.  Cheesy
I also gone through almost similar situation where I tried to explain people about cryptocurrency and that’s potentiality how blockchain technology changing world . But people seeing me with doubt I am trying to scam them . But I am not loosing hope still explaining to people.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
lhadygreen

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:10:34 AM

At first, they won't understand it.
But later on, they're the ones to share it with others.
Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:17:53 AM

i wonder:

When I introduced bitcoin to one of my friend at first he don't understand it so we have to meet again and continue to discuss more about cryptocurrency. Its hard to tell people about bitcoin because they heard the negative news first but we must tell them that those news are really wrong. I encourage my friends to try to invest on bitcoin because they can't appreciate this thing if they don't try this for at least small amount.  
cryptoalfs76

Activity: 406

▰▰▰ MODULE ▰▰&#9

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 11:27:07 AM

i wonder:
When i explained bitcoin to the people especialy to those who want to learn and become merchants,at first they did not understand what is bitcoin,and sometimes they doubt my personal intention,but time to time i slowly explained it to them,they understand the true value of bitcoin in the life of all people and there mind open up, and now the result they are disame me want to become a capitalism and a bitcoin earner.

Joemzz31

Activity: 308
Merit: 30

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 05:43:11 PM

Yes they wil, since you provide a important knowledge which they can use as a foundation in their journey in bitcoin.  It is very means alot to them. 
ondabeat

Activity: 104

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:20:37 AM

I use Bitcoin as a useful tool or not.
And some people feel, the creators of Bitcoin have left and remain anonymous all the time, and therefore think it might be a scheme prepared to make a lot of money and I never spend too much time on these people.
lance04

Activity: 462
Merit: 112

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 03:34:10 PM

Not all people will understand the cryptocurrency, since not all people have knowledge about it.
So we need to make a move that will increase the knowledge of the public regards to the cryptocurrency since it is very important for the whole society to learn.
isomoyes

Activity: 327

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 10:22:17 PM

It's really hard to understand someone who has no idea about virtual currency. To easy when they're Related to share market and online markets (like forex traders). They catch it easily. I use my first step with online wallet(like PayPal)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: