Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 01:20:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] 📈 KnoxCoin【KNX】🌟 💵 POS 2% 💴 POS - Efficient Minting  (Read 11053 times)
bet101 (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 09:49:46 AM

Nice,  Keep up the good work.

~34 more hours and POW will end. 

At this very moment 1000 Blocks to go!!
bet101 (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 03:58:57 PM
Last edit: October 03, 2017, 04:15:33 PM by bet101

Going Full POS in less than 700 Blocks

Why PoS is Better than PoW

If you have been exposed into the crypto community for a while, then you would have heard of PoS (Proof-of-Stake). It is a mining concept available to some of the traded coins, which bases the coins you mine depending on the amount of coins you possess, meaning a person who owns 1,000 coins would mine more than a person with 10 coins regardless of their computing power. Some people would welcome this concept, while some would shun away from it as they continue to be skeptics; but as coins like Etherium (ETH) are starting to warm up to PoS, there must be some advantages to this type of mining, but what could they be? From what I can gather, these are some fundamental benefits for PoS.

Resource

This is perhaps the most obvious advantage of PoS. As PoW uses massive amounts of computing power, it also comes with a huge toll on the electricity bill, not to mention the deterioration of your mining computer. I would say, thousands of heavily powered computers around the world would have a huge green house effect. With PoS, you would be able to stake using something as simple as a Raspberry Pi (USD 35), which only uses a very small amount of electricity would enable you to stake more coins compared to a super computer. That’s assuming you have more coins staking on your Raspberry Pi. The effects are especially visible for countries with high electricity costs. For people worried about large electricity bills and global warming issues, this is the obvious choice.

Price Volatility

As you know, the miners serve as nodes who guard the ledger and confirm transactions, which in turn enables them to earn coins by solving hashes in the blockchain. It is up to the miner to decide whether to keep or sell the earned coin. As mining is expensive as mentioned above, you can’t blame miners for selling the coins they earn. The problem is, if there’s not much demand for a coin, this pushes the price down. As some miners would sell, the other holders would get jittery and… you get the point. Perfect example of this is the anon coin, ZCash, which plunged the price by a fraction of what it already is (around USD 35) as miners would automatically just sell all coins to the highest bidder. Speaking of anon coins, if you compare anon coins like ZEC, XMR and SDC (SDC being the only PoS), you can find which coin is the most stable.
The reason why a PoS would give you price stability is because it gives the person more incentive to keep the coin than to sell. If a miner could make more coins using the coin that he mined from, he would think twice before selling.

Decentralization

The reason why PoW is so popular is because this is what Bitcoin has introduced. This has provided the global community with a decentralized form of currency. People imagine their humble computers would serve as nodes keeping all the transactions safe. However, as entities like China have invested a few billion dollars worth of supercomputers with the sole purpose of mining bitcoins, enabling them to mine a huge chunk (I would say around 80% of all mined coins). Isn’t that in a way, a centralized currency?
PoS would minimize that possibility as it would provide tons of risks for China or any other entity planning a buy-out. Would a staker sell his principal coin to anyone if he’s guaranteed a certain cashflow? Within that scenario, stakers would realize that the longer you hold, the more expensive your coins would get.

Security

Of course there are both upside and downside in terms of PoS and PoW security, but the most important part of securing a coin is arguably by protecting its blockchain.
Compromising a blockchain involves inserting incorrect information into the data where the whole decentralized system would accept; in order to do that, you would need a large amount influence. When we talk about influence, PoW and PoS would classify them differently. PoW is measured by computing power, where PoS uses coin ownership.
If a malicious Super PC (the billion dollar PC China already has) would want to compromise a competing coin, he only needs to stop mining on his coin for a few hours and target the coin. That way, a competing coin would lose credibility and investors would just opt to buy their coin. For PoS, you would have to own a large amount of coins. A large enough amount to be able to land an impact into the ledger, which would be very expensive; and why would you want to compromise something that you have spent a lot of?

Conclusion:

Of course, we can give a lot of counter-arguments to rationalize why PoW is still an effective way to maintain a blockchain. Do not get me wrong, I believe PoW is very effective; the technology has managed the BTC blockchain for years, which is why BTC continues to increase its popularity. However, there is a difference between effectiveness and efficiency. PoS coins not only are as effective as PoW, it also offers more practicality based on my given reasons.

Source: Decentralize.today
Hobbyist

Activity: 588
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 07:12:49 PM

As of block 12232, We have ~4.7 Hrs of POW mining remaining.

The pool stratum will be shutdown,  Be sure to have your backup pools configured.

The web interface will remain up until users make their final manual payouts.

I'll make arrangements with individual users to payout any balance under 1 KNX.

╔══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
°o.O O.o° TheCryptoChat.net - Your Connection To Everything Crypto!! °o.O O.o°
╚══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
romasalah

Activity: 299

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 09:15:53 PM

Only 35 block and POW will end .... Cool. let's see how will the price go
Hobbyist

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 09:31:34 PM

It is finished.

POW is over,  POS is occurring ... 

Pool users,  Please let the pools final unconfirmed blocks confirm and make your withdraws.

And remember to tip your pool operators Smiley  KWNqjT9eXNf7M5RcTCUScmS35hmkUVSoeS

╔══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
╚══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
bet101 (OP)

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 01:41:39 AM

Well well well............ PoS started

What a fast paced week, to all coin owners, please be patient at the exchange, don't sell your coins just for he sake of selling. Help us promote and market our coin. We are a very small community but this can and will change in the future.

Join us on #Slack https://knoxcoin-slack.herokuapp.com or Discord https://discord.gg/vDeqNf

bet101 (OP)

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:08:37 AM
Last edit: October 04, 2017, 03:45:17 AM by bet101

How is the staking weight calculated? I see it is not the same amount as the coins i have.

You get rewarded with 2% on your holdings so if you hold 100.000 KNX that's like equal to 2000 KNX per year at | 2% 10.000= 200KNX | 1000= 20KNX |
and that's over 12 months!
dx_twisted

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 03:49:23 AM

Well well well............ PoS started

What a fast paced week, to all coin owners, please be patient at the exchange, don't sell your coins just for he sake of selling. Help us promote and market our coin. We are a very small community but this can and will change in the future.

Join us on #Slack https://knoxcoin-slack.herokuapp.com or Discord https://discord.gg/vDeqNf

This is sad, I was looking forward to this coin. I planned to join the POW mining but due to my work I couldn't. Please donate some coins to my address: KNFNNZcEw3aJtTxn9onop8giKKZzrcWMVm

lol!
bet101 (OP)

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 12:17:39 PM

We are starting promoting the Coin from today on wards, with Articles in the Crypto News websites and more.
We would also really appreciate to get help from the coin holder to promote the coin.

bet101 (OP)

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 03:06:19 PM

The "Stake mining" is what will keep the blockchain alive after the whole coin distribuition.

You mine it simply by leaving your client open.

bet101 (OP)

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 03:27:58 PM

Question: Question: why does my wallet not show the correct amount? There should be around 1000 KNX but it only shows 200 (and some 800 as 'staking')?

Answer: Obviously 800 of your coins generated stake and now you have to wait 512 blocks before they'll be available for spending again. That's how stake blocks (and stake rewards) are generated. If you want to make sure this doesn't happen you have to set the reserve balance field in the knox.conf file.
Hobbyist

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 04:29:02 PM

Please remember to withdraw your final balance from the pool.

https://hobbyistpool.ddns.net/knox

PM me for balances under 1 KNX.  I'll group these together and manually send.

bet101 (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 12:29:23 AM

PREMINE - Yes we premined 10% of the coins, the premine is exclusively for payments to coders and bounties for works done for our community.
Users or coin owners will be able to check the premine wallet at any time "KGCzybZgBb61ps1PyWBwS2tYodVxTskxES" for transparency.

Our Website will have a page that shows every payment made for what work or bounty. 2.5% of that premine is set for the developer.

We will sell KNX coins to pay for Exchange fees for example like Nova exchange fee to add our coin without Voting or the same at Cryptopia Exchange, server and maintenance fees. As described above all these charges will be clearly shown in our Transparency page, every expense will be accounted for.

Hello Dev. No attack but just a question to understand and clarify things. If i looked correct i noticed that the 10% premine is receiving stakes. This would mean that the Percentage of how the coins are devided will remain mostly the same. After PoW the distribution looks like this to me :

DescriptionKNXPercentage distribution
Premine for Developers 583.333 19,72%
Premine for Community 1.750.000 59,15%
PoW 625.000 21,13%
Total 2.958.333 100,00%

And then each gets 2% a year. Is this a correct distribution?

No worries i understand your question and no offense taken,

Premine for Developers | 583.333 From the Premine for developers (CODERS)
580.000 WILL BE INVESTED TOWARDS PROJECTS LIKE WEB WALLET, ANDROID WALLET,MacOS APP WALLET, ADVERTISING...

Premine for Community | 1.750.000 VERY IMPORTANT, 1.750.000 WILL BE REVERTED TO THE COMMUNITY IN THE NEXT 6 MONTHS.
WE WILL HAVE A DISCUSSION IN TE NEXT FEW WEEKS ON HOW WE ARE GOING TO PROCEED IN ORDER TO GO FORWARD WITH THE DISTRIBUTION.  
And then each coin holder gets 2% a year interest reward.
bet101 (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 12:54:07 AM

The perfect selling price for the KNX would be 0.00024 BTC

A coin  is only worth what someone is willing to pay for, if several of you sell your coins for 0.00000252 thats what people will be willing to pay for.

We need to stick together and hold a price in the exchanges of minimum 0.00024 BTC per coin, this will be worthwhile your time and coins.
bet101 (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 01:55:11 AM

Guys is anyone minting their coins??
Hobbyist

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 02:09:06 AM

I've received 6 stakes for today.

bet101 (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 02:17:29 AM

I've received 6 stakes for today.

Thank you for the info.
bet101 (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 02:39:16 AM

KNOX is looking for community managers for long term jobs.

You need to be:
- Crypto enthusiastic
- Have account on bitcointalk older than 2 months
- Be interested in crypto niche

Just post "I'm interested" under this post - I will review your account and contact you.
skdsw

Activity: 319

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 12:17:26 PM

How to disable POS in wallet?
bet101 (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 01:55:15 PM

How to disable POS in wallet?

To stop your wallet  from staking add the following to your wallet knox.conf file:  reservebalance=9999999, you can paste it under rpcport=23696

Than restart the wallet
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: