Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:31:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Zilliqa: A scalable blockchain platform with througput of thousands of TX/s  (Read 47193 times)
D1jay
Copper Member

Activity: 294
Merit: 5

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 02:18:00 PM

Finally, we have exact date for Mainnet release and that is 31st of the January 2019. Having known hard date now I will expect things to start moving other way. Everyone was watching and planning about Zilliqa other way not being cleared. I already started to be excited because it is matter of few weeks and time is flying on the wings with full speed .

Really? That's good to know that Mainnet is scheduled on 31st January, from now till that period will mostly be accumulation time because by February if things go smoothly there will surely be a good rise in price and certainly nobody wants to miss it, i hopping the whole crypto market must have recovered.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
memii
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 06:49:49 PM

I also have confirmed the news of launch on the end of January is true and valid. What surprised me today is this no one has shown reaction on this thread except few regular visitors who are keeping the thread alive time to time. Zilliqa is one of the very important project being developed with large number of hedge funds investment. Anyways those don't react to early feeds get less from the pie.
Sim-91

Activity: 189
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 08:27:33 AM

I also have confirmed the news of launch on the end of January is true and valid. What surprised me today is this no one has shown reaction on this thread except few regular visitors who are keeping the thread alive time to time. Zilliqa is one of the very important project being developed with large number of hedge funds investment. Anyways those don't react to early feeds get less from the pie.

Will binance support the mainnet token swap?

[url=https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1
Simss

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 10:51:03 AM

Finally, we have exact date for Mainnet release and that is 31st of the January 2019. Having known hard date now I will expect things to start moving other way. Everyone was watching and planning about Zilliqa other way not being cleared. I already started to be excited because it is matter of few weeks and time is flying on the wings with full speed .

Really? That's good to know that Mainnet is scheduled on 31st January, from now till that period will mostly be accumulation time because by February if things go smoothly there will surely be a good rise in price and certainly nobody wants to miss it, i hopping the whole crypto market must have recovered.

I have gone to Zilliqa website and went to the wallet area and downloaded the wallet program. It produced one wallet and corresponding keys. My assumption is that when mainnet begins, this will be the wallet that tokens are sent to automatically by the Zilliqa program running.
magisterr

Merit: 259

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 08:35:00 AM

How this can surprise people? Seems Zilliqa is doomed. Their competitor Tomochain will have maiinet in December this year and they have more TPS than Zilliqa.
Zontop

Activity: 854
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 08:44:37 AM

Actually more than one projects are working on similar issues with different approaches to solve the mysteries. Based on the effectiveness of their solution their market value will be decided in time not at this stage, of course. Let them present their mainnets and platforms and market will be best judge to rank them using many things as criteria.
magisterr

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 08:53:38 AM
Last edit: November 24, 2018, 01:46:12 PM by magisterr

Actually more than one projects are working on similar issues with different approaches to solve the mysteries. Based on the effectiveness of their solution their market value will be decided in time not at this stage, of course. Let them present their mainnets and platforms and market will be best judge to rank them using many things as criteria.

Yes, as I know Zilliqa, Tomochain, Pchain and QuarkChain working at sharding. But I think project which will developed first their product take place in the market like this made Ethereum. And Tomochain will have maiinet first.
pomak

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 12:56:34 PM
Last edit: November 24, 2018, 01:12:24 PM by pomak

How this can surprise people? Seems Zilliqa is doomed. Their competitor Tomochain will have maiinet in December this year and they have more TPS than Zilliqa.

Tomchain doesn't have sharding, they have a plan to implement it in the future (once ethereum have it in 202x, they will copy it too I assume). Tomchain is basically a centralized ethereum (and yes, a fork of ethereum as well), having master-nodes resp. different consensus to speed up transactions. This is really absurd, comparing Tomchain to Zilliqa. Zilliqa is whole another level. The only project with a working sharding solution (yeah, it is working right now) and with far better smart-contract language, support.

P.S. You can compare it to EOS or NEO because of the similarities between their consensus mechanism. At least EOS and NEO have their own blockchain implementations. Anyway, even Tomchain doesn't dare to compare themselves to Zilliqa, at least, not on their GitHub repo (which based on Ethereum with consensus changes, since ethereum couldn't figure it out to make a centralized consensus mechanism and ramp up their TPS, so Tomchain stepped in, lol), that would be laughable. 
magisterr

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 01:42:30 PM

Tomchain doesn't have sharding, they have a plan to implement it in the future (once ethereum have it in 202x, they will copy it too I assume). Tomchain is basically a centralized ethereum (and yes, a fork of ethereum as well), having master-nodes resp. different consensus to speed up transactions. This is really absurd, comparing Tomchain to Zilliqa. Zilliqa is whole another level. The only project with a working sharding solution (yeah, it is working right now) and with far better smart-contract language, support.

P.S. You can compare it to EOS or NEO because of the similarities between their consensus mechanism. At least EOS and NEO have their own blockchain implementations. Anyway, even Tomchain doesn't dare to compare themselves to Zilliqa, at least, not on their GitHub repo (which based on Ethereum with consensus changes, since ethereum couldn't figure it out to make a centralized consensus mechanism and ramp up their TPS, so Tomchain stepped in, lol), that would be laughable. 

Of course, they dont have sharding now, as they still dont have maiinet. They will launched maiinet on December 14th this year.

In Q2 2019 they will launched maiinet 2.0 with sharding enabled (look at their roadmap).

But Zilliqa will implemented sharding not in 1st version of maiinet as well. Right? So they will made this after Tomochain. As I see all that Zilliqa have right now is testnet with just 2828 TPS.

Why you think that Zilliqa have more experience in blockchain? Tomochain have a lot of experience (as their CEO made 2 succesfull blockchains (NEM and NXT).
pomak

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 02:24:28 PM
Last edit: November 24, 2018, 02:38:33 PM by pomak

First of all, thanks for your constructive response, I was a bit aggressive towards to TomoChain.

Of course, they don have sharding now, as they still dont have maiinet. They will launched maiinet on December 14th this year.

They won't have sharding in their main net. They state they are researching about sharding. They didn't implement it. Please check the facts. They have "state sharding" in their roadmap. For your information, state sharding is what ethereum aims for but it is theoretical, still open to debate, it is not even known if it is possible to implement it or not. So they have nothing in hand about sharding, they won't have it in main-net launch.

In Q2 2019 they will launched maiinet 2.0 with sharding enabled (look at their roadmap).

Even though they somehow achieved implementing sharding for their v2 launch, it is months later than  Zilliqa's main-net. And as I said, there is no indication that they will able to implement it.

But Zilliqa will implemented sharding not in 1st version of maiinet as well. Right? So they will made this after Tomochain. As I see all that Zilliqa have right now is testnet with just 2828 TPS.

Zilliqa mainnet will be launched with the sharding (network sharding). Zilliqa's sharding blended in their project from the beginning.

Why you think that Zilliqa have more experience in blockchain? Tomochain have a lot of experience (as their CEO made 2 succesfull blockchains (NEM and NXT).

I don't dismiss their team, I shouldn't since I don't know them. I'm basing my opinion according to their GitHub repo. So, there is nothing new, unique, or different about Tomochain regards to their mainnet launch. I don't know how it will evolve later. But currently, they are not a competitor of Zilliqa. Zilliqa is in a different league. Zilliqa's team amazing. I mean, for example, Ilya Sergey regarded very highly by academics in his field. I won't compare the teams but if you have a good understanding of programming, just check their repos and there won't be anything to discuss. Zilliqa is superior in every way possible. Again, I'm talking about the current state of the developments. 

P.S. Btw, Zilliqa has already over 10k TPS in their stress tests when limited to the payment transactions. And this is in a decentralized manner. Not like having some master nodes to process transactions i.e. similar to distributed SQL (TomoChain, EOS, NEO). So I wasn't focused on TPS since Zilliqa is way above than others if you stick with decentralization target. And plenty of room to improve. No other chain comes close to them as far as I know.

pomak

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 03:08:54 PM

Oh, and the founder of NXT is Sergey Ivancheglo aka Come-from-Beyond. I know that since I'm also interested in IOTA and he is the board member & founder of the IOTA as well.
magisterr

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 04:53:51 PM

Oh, and the founder of NXT is Sergey Ivancheglo aka Come-from-Beyond. I know that since I'm also interested in IOTA and he is the board member & founder of the IOTA as well.

I dont know what you talking about. And seems you dont know what you talking about as well. As you dont know nothing about Tomochain, why talking that this is not a competitor of Zil? You must learn info before talk about this.

I just want to compare all promising projects which developing new function (sharding). Pchain also have strong team (his CEo in China blockchain assosiation). but their mainet in March next year only. So among them Tomochain looks like more promising as they are 1st and with experience team. But seems you look at one side only (your invested coin) and dont know nothing about competitors. And you dont talk with facts.

Founder of NXT - Long Vuong aka utopianfuture (his nickname on this forum) and you can see this from his started topics (he is a founder of NXT, NEM and TOMO). So dont talk about you dont know nothing.
stasyk411

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 06:25:35 PM

One of the worthiest projects was and remains today. I believe that the team will cope with the crisis and will go further and take a worthy place among other worthy projects.
luksbit

Activity: 1204
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 06:32:49 PM

Has there ever been any private sale or ICO the Zilliqa? If it happened what was the value of the token in private sale and ICO?
pomak

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 06:42:40 PM

I dont know what you talking about. And seems you dont know what you talking about as well. As you dont know nothing about Tomochain, why talking that this is not a competitor of Zil? You must learn info before talk about this.

I just want to compare all promising projects which developing new function (sharding). Pchain also have strong team (his CEo in China blockchain assosiation). but their mainet in March next year only. So among them Tomochain looks like more promising as they are 1st and with experience team. But seems you look at one side only (your invested coin) and dont know nothing about competitors. And you dont talk with facts.

Founder of NXT - Long Vuong aka utopianfuture (his nickname on this forum) and you can see this from his started topics (he is a founder of NXT, NEM and TOMO). So dont talk about you dont know nothing.

Oh boy, from the beginning of our discussion, I'm correcting your mistakes. You came to Zilliqa's topic without even knowing anything about it. Claiming TomoChain will have sharding before Zilliqa and Zilliqa is doomed etc. Meanwhile, TomoChain has nothing to do with sharding, not a single implementation, test, whatsoever, other than a promise that they will research about sharding, lol. What I wrote are facts and you can verify them. You are full of false information, all over.

Founder of NXT a.k.a BCNext, is Sergey Ivancheglo a.k.a Come-from-Beyond. (both nicks are on this forum, you can search for them).

Here is the NxtWiki: https://nxtwiki.org/wiki/BCNext%27s_Plan
Here is wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nxt#History
Here is the final shot: https://twitter.com/c___f___b/status/932561535322468352

Well, good luck. You will need it.

P.S. I'm sure you will have difficulties even for finding a basic info. So, here is the announcement of NXT: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303898.0
magisterr

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 07:29:00 PM
Last edit: November 24, 2018, 08:15:04 PM by magisterr

Oh boy, from the beginning of our discussion, I'm correcting your mistakes. You came to Zilliqa's topic without even knowing anything about it. Claiming TomoChain will have sharding before Zilliqa and Zilliqa is doomed etc. Meanwhile, TomoChain has nothing to do with sharding, not a single implementation, test, whatsoever, other than a promise that they will research about sharding, lol. What I wrote are facts and you can verify them. You are full of false information, all over.

Founder of NXT a.k.a BCNext, is Sergey Ivancheglo a.k.a Come-from-Beyond. (both nicks are on this forum, you can search for them).

Here is the NxtWiki: https://nxtwiki.org/wiki/BCNext%27s_Plan
Here is wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nxt#History
Here is the final shot: https://twitter.com/c___f___b/status/932561535322468352

Well, good luck. You will need it.

P.S. I'm sure you will have difficulties even for finding a basic info. So, here is the announcement of NXT: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303898.0

What you talking about? I said you, tomochain will have sharding in Q2 2019 with maiinet version 2. 1st maiinet in December this year already.

Well, look: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=412138

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=422129

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2021785

Im not sure about NXT (may be he was one of the developer, but I know that CEO of Tomochain is a co-founder and the former project lead of NEM (he left NEM in 2016).
Tomochain had tesnet month ago or so.

Unlike you, im learning about among all project interesting for me and compare them. But you dont know nothing about Tomochain, Pchain and said that this is "useless projects with false promising". This looks funny. And I choose most promising for me and which will be first in their product. Thats all.

In any way we will see soon what will be in reality, who will be first and which will be used. The more important thing - is overall market grow...
pomak

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 11:43:19 AM

... But Zilliqa will implemented sharding not in 1st version of maiinet as well. Right? So they will made this after Tomochain. ...

You wrote that here, on Zilliqa's thread, without even knowing the fact Zilliqa has built-in sharding and will be launched with it.

You wrote that, despite I was right. Just check the topics and their timestamps. I didn't say the CEO of the TomoChain is not involved with NXT, I did say he is not the creator/founder of it, which is true.

You are so funny that you accuse me of not informing myself while what I state are all true and verifiable while you have misinformation and ignorance in every one of your messages that. I also didn't dismiss TomoChain but stated the facts about the current situation. You need to improve your reading comprehension. I'm done here. Good luck!

P.S. Oh and I wrote everything with fact-checking (including TomoChain docs) while you were commenting on Zilliqa's thread with your misinformation even about the basics. You can't point out a single fact that I state is wrong while I proved you are wrong multiple times, lol.
magisterr

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 01:36:35 PM

P.S. Oh and I wrote everything with fact-checking (including TomoChain docs) while you were commenting on Zilliqa's thread with your misinformation even about the basics. You can't point out a single fact that I state is wrong while I proved you are wrong multiple times, lol.

you said wrong information several times! You said that only ZIL will have sharding and Tomochain will dont have! And yes, I know than ZIL will have sharding, thats why Im comparing this similar projects.

This is your quote where is totally wrong every words!

Tomchain doesn't have sharding, they have a plan to implement it in the future (once ethereum have it in 202x, they will copy it too I assume). Tomchain is basically a centralized ethereum (and yes, a fork of ethereum as well), having master-nodes resp. different consensus to speed up transactions.

Tomochain maiinet in December this year and maiinet #2 with sharding enable is in Q2 2019. And this is decentralized coin and this is not a fork of ETH (lol  Grin)

Pchain maiinet (with sharding as well in March 2019).

Quarkchain mainnet version 2 in Q2 2019. And they will have sharding as well in 2nd V. of maiinet.

So all this 4 projects will have sharding: Zilliqa, Tomochain, Pchain, QuarkChain. Not only ZIL as you said.
abonarea
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 07:21:46 PM

These release dates of Mainnets for four similar projects are scheduled in same period with little difference of dates. If sentiment under which market is moving continues for few more months these Mainnets releases will go unnoticed. Market is seeking to restore confidence and faith in investors if they returns they will want to pour money. In short term really hard to predict who will play how but it is long term which will be decisive based on support and tech for these competitors. I personally preferred ZIL over others and still believe that I chose most supported project than others. I might be wrong but everyone has own criteria to see potential.
Xantrax

Activity: 827
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 10:30:45 PM

The following is a simple way to store and manage ledger data: some nodes on the network that we can call archive nodes store the entire history of the transaction.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: