Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:49:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Vs Ethereum  (Read 3632 times)
rexona

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 03:05:40 PM

If you compare the two main cryptocurrency, namely Bitcoin and Ethereum, which one has the most promising future?
In terms of evolution, Bitcoin reached a maximum of roughly 4800$, whereas Ethereum reached roughly 394$: in other words, it is a potential increase of 33 % for Ethereum, but only 24% for Bitcoin.

if you see the technology both have their own respects.
you've seen the difference fundamentally. and you are questioning again, for me, this is very simple. basically the bitcoin value is so far away with the eth value, the future potential is more attached to bitcoin because it has a large user and fan.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 03:11:46 PM

If you compare the two main cryptocurrency, namely Bitcoin and Ethereum, which one has the most promising future?
In terms of evolution, Bitcoin reached a maximum of roughly 4800$, whereas Ethereum reached roughly 394$: in other words, it is a potential increase of 33 % for Ethereum, but only 24% for Bitcoin.
If you are looking at numbers,check back the numbers when the price of bitcoin started to increase in 2013 ,from below $100 it jumped to over $1000 in a short period of time ,so do not compare these sort of burst from a short period of time,just image the over all potential of bitcoin and Ethereum, you could clearly understand that the potential of bitcoin is far bigger than any other currency and i am not here to call Ethereum a currency in the first place, Tongue so hope you understand the reality and who has the potential. Wink
Rishabh riyz

Activity: 357
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 04:00:37 PM

In my opinion bitcoins is the mother of all other alt coins , it is the first digital crypto currency that gained such momentum and a value touching $4900.
Bitcoins would always be seen as a currency cum asset.
It is obvious that bitcoin would never fall because of the huge community behind it and the rate of increase in users.
But know one know what future is holding , ETH is a great project which is also gaining value , it has a good potential to come up .
It would be very hard for ethereum  to overcome bitcoins and chances are that they may never overpower BItcoins.
yugyug

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 05:05:12 PM

Bitcoin is the standard measure for cryptocurrency and ethereum could surpass bitcoin's price but could not dominate adaptability. Just like foreign currency dollar, is the standard but some currency surpassed its value like Euro, Pound and Dinar but dollar is everywhere. For innovations and flexibility ethereum is the best.
pushups44

Activity: 854
Merit: 281

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 05:08:18 PM

This is, in my view, an apples and oranges comparison. Bitcoin has the first-mover advantage and the most recognized brand name, whereas Ethereum is a next generation cryptocurrency with the ability to use smart contracts. Ethereum can evolve quicker, but this is with more centralized control. Both are good coins.
olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 05:11:29 PM

Comparing bitcoin with EThereum is trying to create a rivalry where there is none and this is something ETH enthusiasts are fond of doing the moment they can have an argument to their advantage such as this and even when such is not sustainable. Both coins have their own route and comparing ETH with bitcoin wouldn't even happen if not for the token creation make available for ICOs that have increased the value ETH without that, I don't see ETH price going beyond $100 in a long time.
pginvest

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 05:14:45 PM

Its early days yet for these 2 - there are a number of others showing promise too, ARK, Waves etc for functionality and the likes of DeepOnion for privacy. The recent highs will I am sure look very modest in times to come. I have printed out a copy of the current market caps of the top 800 or so coins at coinmarketcap and I am pretty certain when I look at it in 1, 2, 5 and 10 years time I am going to cry as to why I didn't sell my dog to buy all around me.

Am I spamming? Report me!
djselery
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 05:18:30 PM

Both Bitcoin and Ethereum are valuable crypto currencies and profitables. But Bitcoin still the best as it have the biggest community around the world, and also its price is a lot higher than ETH.
ETH nowadays is mainly used by tokens holders and traders, and to generate profit from the ICO projects. The crypto currency is also profitable if you plan to trade it
megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 08:10:25 PM

Both Bitcoin and Ethereum are valuable crypto currencies and profitables. But Bitcoin still the best as it have the biggest community around the world, and also its price is a lot higher than ETH.
ETH nowadays is mainly used by tokens holders and traders, and to generate profit from the ICO projects. The crypto currency is also profitable if you plan to trade it

Bitcoin is the premier cryptocurrency success and by far better and widely used than ethereum. Ethereum is best used for trading or gambling but in a lot of other ways/usage Bitcoin is preferred over ethereum.
cryptotsunami

Activity: 114
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 08:20:53 PM

It is irrelevant to compare the two coins because they have different coin supply and date it was made. The higher the price,  the harder it is to pump.
Aaroenz0r

Activity: 504

Option Blitz

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 08:23:14 PM

ETH still need to do many things to have accept from people arround the world. now many people when say about crypto currency the only coin they know is just bitcoin

rebel92

Activity: 616
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 08:51:47 PM

ETH still need to do many things to have accept from people arround the world. now many people when say about crypto currency the only coin they know is just bitcoin

Actually it isn't judging by the fact that this currency is still holding strong after countries like China or South Korea put regulations on ICO's. This shows that many people actually do use this currency like the average person would use USD.
FACE 2 FACE

Activity: 756
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 09:58:21 PM

It is difficult to predict something for the future as crypto-currencies are not regulated by anyone, but bitcoin appeared first and is very popular. I think for safety you need to keep money in different coins.
Bitcoin is very popular because it is the first. Ether is something else. But the etherium has a leader - Buterin. Bitcoin does not have a leader. It is possible that in the future the etherium will be the most serious competitor for bitcoin.
Bezdonov Art

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 10:10:25 PM
Last edit: October 03, 2017, 09:14:15 AM by Bezdonov Art

Ethereum is very promising because he has an ideological leader - the vitalik. But bitcoin appeared first and he had his own advantage. I think it will be a serious struggle.
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 10:15:25 PM

We cannot really predict the future of any of these two, can we? They both have a promising future and they obviously both serve different purpose. Whichever way the future want's to bring it, I believe we are prepared. However, I still believe Bitcoin has and may always have the No. 1 advantage.
nejibens

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 10:19:34 PM

Bitcoin and ETH both are profitables and have a great future. ETH is now growing up because the ICO projects and the huge number of investors, but it is still depending in the Bitcoin price and chart. Also the BTC community is bigger than ETH community
Asgar 9

Activity: 560

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 10:25:47 PM

Bitcoin is a pioneer in the crypto-currency industry. he will always be on his head above any other altcoyins. Bitcoin and ether are the two giants who are destined to conquer the whole world.
dead_m92

Activity: 650
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 10:28:36 PM

Ethereum is a very interesting project, i really like their technology and how it works, it is something that i love so much more than bitcoin, but it would never be better than bitcoin, because ethereum was the second, and it will always be like this until someone takes it's chair. anyway, bitcoin will always be the best, and all newbies will always choose bitcoin instead of any other altcoin.

███
             █████████
          ███████████████
        ███████████████████
       █████████████████████
       █████████████████████
       █████████████████████
       █████████▀▀▀▀▀██████
    █████████▀        █████████
 ███████████▌  ▄████▄▄████████████
████████████▌  ████████████████████
█████████████   ▀▀▀▀  █████████████
██████████████▄▄     ▄█████████████
███████████████████████████████████
 █████████████████████████████████
    █████████         █████████
       ███               ███

WhitePaper
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Wexnident

Activity: 2506
Merit: 665

I don't take loans, ask for sig if I ever do.

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 10:31:36 PM

For long term investment, I'd go with Bitcoin but for short term, ETH I think is better. Bitcoin has a much larger market value compared to ETH but Etherium is usually used in most ICOs that makes its market demand high and its market price, continuously increasing. Both are good by the way, maybe it just depends on the individual and his/her perceptions.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
wolfracer

Activity: 294
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 11:17:30 PM

First, you need to define what kind of future as can be in the case of their utility or as a means of saving, both currencies are excellent but each one plays a different role, so simply comparing it in a single aspect seems to be unfair of who it's better or worse.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: