Bitcoin Forum
November 23, 2017, 09:11:10 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: action=.xml is disabled due to slowness. If you use this, write a post in Meta  (Read 954 times)
devvienuis

Activity: 460

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 09:27:37 AM

action=.xml is disabled due to slowness. If you use this, write a post in Meta explaining your usage.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=.xml;type=atom;sa=news;limit=6;board=6.0

Hello, for a couple of days now I am unable to tweet any new RSS items on twitter.com/devnullius.

WHen I checked my BCT feeds, I found this message. Kindly unlock me? It's a win-win for the both of us Smiley

♥ Devvie
twitter.com/devnullius

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CoinMonsta.io

Activity: 9

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2017, 12:54:28 PM

You are not locked. They took down the feed for everybody. There has been no update regarding if it is ever coming back.

www.coinmonsta.io - realtime altcoin news
devvienuis

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 01:22:15 AM

You are not locked. They took down the feed for everybody. There has been no update regarding if it is ever coming back.
ah man! whom would know? I really thought I was tweeting them for a good day before being locked :/
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 1960

Nemo me impune lacessit

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2017, 06:48:19 PM

I'm subscribed in Thunderbird to subforum feeds I can possibly make money from.

devvienuis

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 10:15:28 AM

These feeds will work with THunderbird but not with other readers / parsers...?
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 1960

Nemo me impune lacessit

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2017, 10:25:27 AM

These feeds will work with THunderbird but not with other readers / parsers...?

They don't. I didn't see the "action=.xml is disabled due to slowness. If you use this, write a post in Meta explaining your usage." until I poked around in Meta looking for an explanation why Thunderbird had blank feeds. My post above is explaining my usage.

phelix
Legendary

Activity: 1708

nmc:id/phelix

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 07:31:24 AM

> action=.xml is disabled due to slowness. If you use this, write a post in Meta explaining your usage.
I use it for my website http://blockchained.com bitcointalk top posts. Without xml parsing it won't work.

edit: the page I need to access is: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=.xml;sa=recent;limit=255

blockchained.com ■ bitcointalk top posts
pennywise

Activity: 73

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:28:54 PM

Hey, I would like to voice some support to phelixes site; I became used to monitor new topics from there and now it doesn't work anymore  Sad

I hope this gets sorted out because the list of the most viewed topics was really nice.

We went through a period where it was briefly tough and now there are 1400 new billionaires in the world - maybe some capital was misallocated... --Kyle Bass
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 2856

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:56:21 PM

Alright, I'll try to enable at least some of its functionality in the near future. (The trouble is that action=.xml has a whole bunch of options, and I know that some combinations of options end up resulting in minutes of computation. I need to figure it out.)

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
redrider

Activity: 19

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:06:44 PM

I primarily only use bitcointalk through blockchained.com so that would be great if this could get fixed so the hot topic scraper would work.  Thanks!
Equilux

Activity: 340

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 05:06:55 PM

Hey, I would like to voice some support to phelixes site; I became used to monitor new topics from there and now it doesn't work anymore  Sad

I hope this gets sorted out because the list of the most viewed topics was really nice.

Same here! It was such a usefull feature!

phelix
Legendary

Activity: 1708

nmc:id/phelix

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:26:29 AM

Alright, I'll try to enable at least some of its functionality in the near future. (The trouble is that action=.xml has a whole bunch of options, and I know that some combinations of options end up resulting in minutes of computation. I need to figure it out.)
Note that I only sample that page every 10 minutes with exactly these options:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=.xml;sa=recent;limit=255

If there is another way to achieve something similar (a largish number of recent posts) I might look into it as well.

blockchained.com ■ bitcointalk top posts
disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1442

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 12:57:39 PM

Would love to see blockchained working again.
DoomDumas
Legendary

Activity: 991

Bitcoin forever !

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 09:05:38 PM

> action=.xml is disabled due to slowness. If you use this, write a post in Meta explaining your usage.
I use it for my website http://blockchained.com bitcointalk top posts. Without xml parsing it won't work.

edit: the page I need to access is: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=.xml;sa=recent;limit=255

Yeah, this was awesome and very usefull... Can BitcoinTalk.org enable it please ?

I like this tool to browse 'hot topics'

Thanks for all this phelix
DoomDumas
Legendary

Bitcoin forever !

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 09:08:26 PM

Thanks theymos for your time.. phelix blockchained page was very usefull.. otherwise I wont come here in bitcointalk.org

altdev

Activity: 32

The one and only #Altcoin Devvie / Devnullius!

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 10:19:10 PM

Thanks theymos for your time.. phelix blockchained page was very usefull.. otherwise I wont come here in bitcointalk.org

I think the same goes for my followers and the about 250k / 350k daily impressions ;-)

Let us know if you figure it out!

(and how I can get my account devvienuis back ;p)

twitter.com/devnullius

DoomDumas
Legendary

Bitcoin forever !

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 12:27:22 AM

theymos Huh
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.