Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:36:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cardano (just hatched #17 at Coinmarketcap)  (Read 1416 times)
Drama Queen (OP)

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 09:03:34 AM

Here's the bloody thing: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/cardano/

"A new, better Ethereum, both blockchain and platform, bla bla bla"

Just managed itself to be ranked #17 at CMC when I write this

Not much good info to be found online so far really, excluding project pages and some new-better-imagineyoutobefuckingearlyadopter shilling here or there

Anyone watching this one closely or having knowhow about?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 09:55:53 AM

It's a weird coin that just got added to Bittrex for fuck knows why.

I mean, I couldn't even figure out what algo it uses nor its premine.

Not your keys, not your coins!
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 10:01:32 AM

Quick search, here's the chairman: https://www.linkedin.com/in/michaelparsons
Their page says it uses Haskell language for programming, don't know if that rings a bell?

HardFireMiner

Activity: 872
Merit: 120

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 10:09:51 AM

So 24,252,040,035 coins already in circulation and staking Cheesy .
Man, these shitcoins will keep invading the crypto world until people  wouldn't care and still buy it, oh wait, this already happened.

█  █  █  █    / / / / / / / /    Play Games, Earn Crypto!         █  █  █    \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \    Start Earning NOW by Playing Mind Improving Games!     █  █  █  █     \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \  Best Crypto Earning Games for Office Workers!       █  █  █  █  Free Withdrawals of BTC, Doge and ETH 
iwouldntknow

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 10:38:18 AM

So 24,252,040,035 coins already in circulation and staking Cheesy .
Man, these shitcoins will keep invading the crypto world until people  wouldn't care and still buy it, oh wait, this already happened.

It's like people can't use their brains.  They are so blinded by greed. 

In another cardano thread some dude was like, i bought just as it listed at .03 usd, was that a bad idea? 

I guarantee he did no research whatsoever but saw a coin for .03 usd and thought, it can only go up from there, surely it'll pump and I'll be rich.  Except it's some no name coin that he's valuing at 800 million at that price.  Some random coins shows up immediately in the top 15-20 coins and nobody blinks, they all just whip out their wallets to buy as fast as they can. 

What I don't understand is the volume.  It's sitting at number 8 now at 86 million/24 hr.  That makes no sense. 
thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 10:52:06 AM

I will not touch this token, out of 34 billion tokens, 24 billion is already in circulation. I don't know why Bittrex decided to list but the huge trading volume is difficult to ignore for day trader
MoonIsBlue

Merit: 111

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 10:56:21 AM

I will not touch this token, out of 34 billion tokens, 24 billion is already in circulation. I don't know why Bittrex decided to list but the huge trading volume is difficult to ignore for day trader

I bet it had something to do with $$$BTCBTCBTCBTC

Ging

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 10:57:40 AM

i dont much about b Cardano (ADA) i foundit worth
$0.022011
0.00000494 BTC
Drama Queen (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 11:04:32 AM

Relax, ppl, my post was millions of years far from shilling, I've just mentioned a couple of simple facts, actually I haven't written anything even remotely positive on this coin.

An alien coin that just sneaked into a TOP 20 barely receives a rock star lvl of popularity.

What this thread needs is a person who watches the damn thing on a long term basis, not another look-what-greedy-noobs-buy generic debate.

Will be interesting to watch if sb. has more background info/insight.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 11:10:26 AM

COINMARKETCAP = most dangerous site in crypto

totally misleading site that sadly too many noobs take at face value.

probably

fake volume, fake cap , like 99% of other icos hence why icos

tom_cardano

Activity: 4
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 11:15:08 AM

It’s great seeing this interest in Cardano and Ada. I'm Tom Kelly and work as a Community & Marketing manager at the Cardano Foundation. It's a very exciting time for us right now as we publicly launched Cardano on Friday and today began trading on Bittrex.

What is Cardano? Cardano is blockchain technology that harnesses the latest research and engineering best practices to build a system that will run decentralised applications, smart contracts and is fit to securely carry very high value.

Cardano is being built by IOHK, a leading technology company. Their international team of leading experts, academics and cryptographers have built Cardano over the past two years, inspired by the best features of existing cryptocurrencies including Bitcoin, Ripple and Ethereum. Of its many innovations, Cardano is the first blockchain to use a provably secure, proof of stake algorithm - the only one to have been academically peer reviewed by leading cryptographers through its acceptance to Crypto 2017, the world’s top cryptography conference. https://www.forbes.com/sites/amycastor/2017/08/23/at-crypto-2017-blockchain-presentations-focus-on-proofs-not-concepts/#35d474f67b70.

There is a wealth of information available to read on the Cardano Hub website. https://www.cardanohub.org/en/home/
Anyone who has questions about the project should come to our community channels listed below. The roadmap for future updates to the project will be shared very soon, so join the community to keep up to date!

Cardano Community Channels
Slack: https://cardano.herokuapp.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/cardanocommunity
Twitter: https://twitter.com/cardanocom
Reddit: https://reddit.com/r/cardano
axiline

Activity: 462
Merit: 114

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 11:28:31 AM

Interesting coin, And it is very strange that the first exchange that it added was Bittrex. I managed to take it cheap and even earned it. But you need to be careful.
Drama Queen (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 04:07:23 PM

Thank you for your insight, Tom.

If the coin somehow manages to get listed at Bittrex which is unlikely a coincidence means devs are at least good at making valuable business connections.
´
That is important.
Taya Afi

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 10:19:05 PM

I'm not surprised anymore. crypto world is very different and often the events here are not amenable to logic.
VeeTeaSee

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 10:28:12 PM
Last edit: October 07, 2017, 10:53:02 PM by VeeTeaSee

this coin is great, because its "LEGAL" and its going hard on adoption (read in reddit)
i wont be surprised if this coin do x100 in  5 - 7 years or so
this years will be revolutionary for the world, so the marketcap will grow very fast
they have presentation in facebook soon, check for it
Riddikulo

Activity: 896

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 05:56:27 PM

Somebody know official thread of this Cardano coin?
Can't find it...
I have problems with wallet, it is not starting... Maybe somebody know where I can download previous versions?
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 06:29:03 PM

Can't find it...
I have problems with wallet, it is not starting... Maybe somebody know where I can download previous versions?

I don't think there is an official thread, which is why it caught everyone by surprise (myself included).
It might be worth messaging tom (further up the thread) if you're having difficulty.
ruffles2016

Activity: 475
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:33:20 PM

It’s great seeing this interest in Cardano and Ada. I'm Tom Kelly and work as a Community & Marketing manager at the Cardano Foundation. It's a very exciting time for us right now as we publicly launched Cardano on Friday and today began trading on Bittrex.

What is Cardano? Cardano is blockchain technology that harnesses the latest research and engineering best practices to build a system that will run decentralised applications, smart contracts and is fit to securely carry very high value.

Cardano is being built by IOHK, a leading technology company. Their international team of leading experts, academics and cryptographers have built Cardano over the past two years, inspired by the best features of existing cryptocurrencies including Bitcoin, Ripple and Ethereum. Of its many innovations, Cardano is the first blockchain to use a provably secure, proof of stake algorithm - the only one to have been academically peer reviewed by leading cryptographers through its acceptance to Crypto 2017, the world’s top cryptography conference. https://www.forbes.com/sites/amycastor/2017/08/23/at-crypto-2017-blockchain-presentations-focus-on-proofs-not-concepts/#35d474f67b70.

There is a wealth of information available to read on the Cardano Hub website. https://www.cardanohub.org/en/home/
Anyone who has questions about the project should come to our community channels listed below. The roadmap for future updates to the project will be shared very soon, so join the community to keep up to date!

Cardano Community Channels
Slack: https://cardano.herokuapp.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/cardanocommunity
Twitter: https://twitter.com/cardanocom
Reddit: https://reddit.com/r/cardano
You should inform our community by somekind of campaign or anything like that. We all heard about cardano but information isn't clear and price seems overvalued. Your project hit coinmarket basically out of nowhere and now everyone think its scam. I don't think it is scam but you really need good pr I must say.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
innergy

Activity: 685

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:59:23 PM

Can't find it...

Cardano Slack is pretty active.
I'm sure you'll find answers there... Wink
chaosfourever

Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:10:27 PM

Ya Ardor is going to be the true rival to Ethereum. Only a few more months till its gets rolling and from there it will just snowball.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███