Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:57:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Syan a real deal?  (Read 7593 times)
shinjunobi09

Activity: 126
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:35:39 PM

So far no proof here about your claims and accusations. When I am reading most of their articles they seems to be a pretty legit when it comes to mining probably some minor delays in some of their confirmations but hey nobody's perfect right let us just wait and see if there were really victims by them which have legit proof.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
saffacoin

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:27:04 AM

So far no proof here about your claims and accusations. When I am reading most of their articles they seems to be a pretty legit when it comes to mining probably some minor delays in some of their confirmations but hey nobody's perfect right let us just wait and see if there were really victims by them which have legit proof.

Totally agree. Due to all the past scams no media would touch them until they have tested units or seen delivery so its a challenge. Also being china they will only reveal look, feel and design on the finished and shipped product otherwise 10 other factories produce them before they do. It can still go both ways but way too early to label them anything. Most complaints so far as to do with escrow and refund well you have no refund with escrow unless manufacturer fails to deliver and that date has not passed. Anyway glad I am not the only one thinking its too early to have any evidence to call them not legit.
domitron

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:50:02 PM

Today the Syan Mining website is down.  I think that pretty much settles it.  Wow, I sure learned this lesson the hard way.  But still getting your hands on miners (as in bulk miners over 60 units) isn't very easy now.

Between miner companies being outright fake and others selling product many months before they can deliver, it seems buying Bitcoin miners is a minefield of unknowns.  A miner is something that has a short shelf life, potentially, such that getting it late could cause one to not even break even.  Companies should not only provide escrow but also escrow with an delivery expiration.  Why?  Because if I order from Bitmain, for example, today and they take until May but I could have ordered say from Canaan and got the product the end of March (or vice versa), that matters a lot in mining.  In fact it might be all that matters in some extreme cases.  
saffacoin

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:35:13 PM

I would normally say something optimistic like maybe they forgot to pay the hosting or ran out of bandwidth but if it walks like a duck and now quacks like a duck... it is a f’kn duck!
Rahularora1987

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:10:01 AM

Finally, they have revealed themselves."Account Suspended"
domitron

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:06:09 AM

So is this a true statement from Syan or not?

"Syan are a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Hong Kong-based FinTech subsidiary of the multi-national investment giant and finance conglomerate the Zahrani Group."

Has anyone confirmed any part of it?
Rahularora1987

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:18:24 AM

So is this a true statement from Syan or not?

"Syan are a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Hong Kong-based FinTech subsidiary of the multi-national investment giant and finance conglomerate the Zahrani Group."

Has anyone confirmed any part of it?

Their website (https://syanmining.com) is suspended as of now. Also, I tried contacting Zahrani group about 10 days ago, but didn't got any reply.
domitron

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 03:06:15 AM

It's a little important to me.  If they were a member of the group, then obviously, that's who you sue.  I guess I'll need to get a lawyer involved next week.  *sigh*
thi1nkpad

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 03:38:16 AM

The site is back up fyi. I spent .49 btc on these back in Nov. Likely a scam but interesting the site is back up.
saffacoin

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 04:28:23 AM

We can relax!!! They probably oaid late or ran out of bandwidth 😃 Few more weeks then we can call this one it was a close call lol
thi1nkpad

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 04:32:05 AM

We can relax!!! They probably oaid late or ran out of bandwidth 😃 Few more weeks then we can call this one it was a close call lol

Wishful thinking but we can always hope!
saffacoin

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 08:28:12 AM

Hhaha true. From day 1 wishful thinking so really hope this wish comes true 🤪
Nemedalist

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 12:25:01 AM

Although all this stuff looks like a scam, just for fun but with the hope...
I placed an order and almost immediately  I got an email from their Escrow agent and I guess it is definitely an auto-reply. There was around 5:30 AM in Hong Kong when I got it.  Escrow's website looks like a real and has the physical address so I found a company who is the property manager and have sent a message for them just in case to double check do Escrow Agent is renting a real office in the building pointed in the address. I have a couple friends in Hong Kong so I probably would ask to visit the address in case the landlord will not answer.
Rahularora1987

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 02:54:45 AM

News article updated at https://www.bitsonline.com/syan-technologies-koji-tanaka/
They mentioned, its a possible scam, they are trying to reach out to the company and their parent group "Zahrani group".
shefkk

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:59:06 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2018, 05:35:42 PM by shefkk

please keep us updated -- i just put a considerable amount into this.... then saw this post.  then looked up the zahranigroup.com and they state a UAE address but no UAE number.  This is HORRIBLE!!  and the escrow site has no history online...  guys did we just get ......?  NO BODY BUY FROM THEM!!!!!!  THEY DONT EVEN HAVE A UAE NUMBER OR REGISTRATION IN DUBAI.... AND HOW CAN AN ARABIC COMPANY NOT EVEN HAVE THEIR WEBSITE IN ARABIC
shefkk

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:10:54 PM

CONFIRMED SCAM PEOPLE DO NOT BUY.  I AM SORRY TO TELL YOU.  THEY HAVE NO PRESENCE IN DUBAI.  I AM FROM THE REGION, I CHECKED THAT. 
saffacoin

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:00:50 PM

they are still taking orders we should all email cryptonator.com and confirm if they have vetted the company as per their FAQ section where they do that for high volume accounts
Rahularora1987

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:47:12 AM

I ordered Syan Vega 2s 2 weeks ago but didn't paid for it. Today I received an email saying that the order has been cancelled due to non payment. And they mentioned that the first batch is now out of stock so I will have to order for second batch.
Now again back to question, are they really scam or were they just keeping quite until first batch. Few more days to find out the truth.
saffacoin

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:17:51 AM

I ordered Syan Vega 2s 2 weeks ago but didn't paid for it. Today I received an email saying that the order has been cancelled due to non payment. And they mentioned that the first batch is now out of stock so I will have to order for second batch.
Now again back to question, are they really scam or were they just keeping quite until first batch. Few more days to find out the truth.

That is a good sign to say the least. Very very good! They must be flooded with emails requesting refunds and accusations so that is the one side, maybe ignore it and send orders out when done well that is the positive side lol.

You did get a response giving us that little bit of extra hope thanks for sharing!  Cool
///Bryan

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:23:58 AM

All, I am in Hong Kong and today I went to the supposed office of the Martin Gleeson, the law firm handling the escrow. On the website, the address is given as in the Langham Place Office Tower 516-596 Shanghai St Kowloon, Hong Kong. The office tower is a large modern high rise. There is no Martin Gleeson on the directory, I did spend some time looking verifying that I was not missing something.

I was approached by one of the elevator attendants who came to assist me. I asked for the Law Offices of Martin Gleeson, she said there are only two law firms in the building, and she pointed them out to me on the directory, none of them were even close to Martin Gleeson Law. I showed the attendant the website on my phone to make sure that I was in the correct building, and she verified that  I was. The attendant said there were some communal/shared office spaces which could be the case and that I should contact the law firm to find out what floor they are on.

I once again reached out to Martin Gleeson law by email to ask them what floor they are on. I contacted Syan by email a few times over the last weeks asking to pay the escrow in person in Hong Kong, unlike others on this board, I never got a reply from them. Tomorrow I will visit the two addresses for Syan that are listed on the Syan website, and see who or what is there.

I am not doubting that Martin Law does exist, but it is a law firm without a permanent and dedicated office, and is somewhat disconcerting to me personally. I will visit them again tomorrow if they reply.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: