Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:42:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Syan a real deal?  (Read 7594 times)
domitron

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 08:40:45 AM
Last edit: January 18, 2018, 09:12:47 AM by domitron

I wrote to the FBI referencing the orders I made on behalf of myself, my fiancee, and my brother.  I provided them the precise blockchain identification as found on blockchain.info, the commonality being that all three were easily traced to the same destination (0x19mb1jVLBapd5SjGAPgE4pY3uVwaNkwSNE).  You can see funds moving out of this address very easily, so I assume the FBI could do the same.  In fact just yesterday (1/17) ~14.0356 Bitcoins were moved out of the address, leaving 8.07924683.  I doubt it'll help, though, unless many people do the same.  Does anyone else know their destination addresses?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
domitron

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:15:51 AM

Syan had was featured by various media channels. THose releases are generally handled by PR firmswho push the stories to the media. The media channels that broadcasted the stories about Syan know who the PR firm is who gave them the story and the PR firm will know who paid them. Follow the money to find out who these people are.

I am suprised that not much is being said in the news and media. This was a well planned scam and min of $20m all gone to scammers yet not many buyers going all out about it. I think most who purchased have not noticed the website is gone and that their money 💰 is gone. Maybe in the coming weeks they will start realising what has happened.

Yeah the news is always behind.  Maybe then the FBI will take a look.  I'm sure it's already too late, though, unless the FBI started to look into months ago.
thi1nkpad

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 04:54:36 PM

Wait a lot of people have lost 10, 20, or even 55K (between 3 orders in my family) dollars.  Now if there is a way to get these funds back, I have a thousand for you.  Can you please tell me more than "write a dozen people."  How about people exchange with me on this forum what happened to you and we do this as a group?  Doesn't that just make sense?  What is the point of having everyone write all these people if there is a recourse to be had.  I have every single thing they sent me (e-mails) and proof on the blockchain of 3 payments for 10 miners each.  Who is in with me on this? 

I live in San Jose, CA.  If someone is around here that got scammed, I'd love to chat with them at a local coffee shop or something.  I want to do this as a class of people who were thieved.  Keep in mind these guys stole MILLIONS of dollars, guys.  This isn't just some dude breaking into your home and stealing your favorite pair of slippers, a dimond ring, and your wallet.  This was a serious amount of money here.

I will do what I can, I am not sure if the number of dollars stolen is in the millions though, I see Less than 50 BTC input between both addresses GoUrl.io Provided and I suspect that the dollar value of escrow payments is much lower but I'm not sure. I would say they made off with around 750k based on a btc value of 14000. I lost 0.5btc to them when btc was only 7k.

Maybe it's just my negative attitude but I have a hard time believing any legal organization will touch this. If I am wrong though, I will get on board. I think the lack of people complaining on here about this shows that the number of us who got really screwed is actually quite low.
Aethyr13

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 07:44:50 PM

the whois for martingleeson, they registered this site name in 2003, so they should be pretty legit, this scam could not have started back then.  anyone used the wire tranfer try to get their money back yet?

DOMAIN INFORMATION
Domain:martingleeson.com
Registrar:GoDaddy.com, LLC
Registration Date:2003-08-25
Expiration Date:2018-08-25
Updated Date:2017-11-15
clientRenewProhibited
clientTransferProhibited
clientUpdateProhibited
Name Servers:ns10.hawkhost.com
ns9.hawkhost.com
REGISTRANT CONTACT
Name:Patrick Gleeson
RAW WHOIS DATA
Domain Name: martingleeson.com
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Registrant Name: Patrick Gleeson
Registrant Organization:
Name Server: NS9.HAWKHOST.COM
Name Server: NS10.HAWKHOST.COM
DNSSEC: unsigned

For complete domain details go to:
http://who.godaddy.com/whoischeck.aspx?domain=martingleeson.com
baileym

Activity: 36
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 06:41:55 PM

I got scammed on it also.  I don't think those who were scammed see it going anywhere even if sent to the FBI or calling the police.  There is always that chance though.   I wish I found this forum before getting scammed.   looking at previous posts on Syan  by trusted people here,  it seems pretty clear they recognized it from the beginning. 
baileym

Activity: 36
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 11:04:02 PM

Submitted to IC3.gov, FBI.  Will let you know if I hear anything back.  I'm sure I won't get the money back but maybe they will find these people.
shefkk

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 08:37:58 PM

dont forget a lot of people made wire transfers (like myself) as well... they should go to their banks... there will be a line of accounts to follow there attached to names.
file a claim with your bank
saffacoin

Activity: 53

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 03:27:50 PM

either nobody has realised they got scammed or there was just not that many fake units sold... it's almost deafening how little is said online anywhere about this even Bitsonline has take then silent route
Aethyr13

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:57:55 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2018, 05:15:06 PM by Aethyr13

I think everyone is so quiet so that crypto doesnt get a bad name. Ex, the nicehash hack was in news for about 1 day as a minor headline, media doesnt want to make a panic. I'm going to bank today to file my claim. will update here on progress.
Aethyr13

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:16:51 PM

bank said funds were applied at thai bank on Dec 25 and need approval of user to release funds, which means since the law firm now cannot be contacted, its time to get the authorities involved, if they can help.
DashRog

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:18:18 PM

They got me too. 10.38 Litecoin for 2 units. It was very well done with all the news sources. If anything can be done keep me up to date. good work thus far on the research you guys have been doing.
Meshegan

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:36:27 AM

Is there any update yet?

I too paid in about 0.26 BTC on 08 Nov 2017. At the time they said that they were shipping mid Feb 2018, only noticed today that their website is down.
Aethyr13

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:45:31 PM

Hong Kong police came back with a ton of questions and seems to be taking an interest.
guardzilla

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:17:34 AM

that be awesome if they do. this has been a real ordeal
saffacoin

Activity: 53

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 10:38:52 AM

Any news on this or progress? It is probably a long shot but if they do find them in Thailand they don't take crap there so linking the bank account owner to it should be not a problem as the bank account they used for wire transfer was a personal and not a business account. ASICminer 8 Nano also now out also "water cooled" but definitely waiting for people to take delivery before I even think about it as it does have all the warning signs and totally looks like the "ASICminer", yes... the old beast from the past a bit of a name to pick if you trying to launch a new product but hey ho... you neverrrr know.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  

Jump to: