Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:30:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [TAT.VIRTUALMINE]  (Read 39619 times)
drdanishkhan

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 12:57:33 PM

TAT can you atleast reply to the PM i sent you.. not too much of a hassle...

BTC tip jar 1LrwjfQ41DA9u8PLcQBLp7CueoWotdKshq
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ThickAsThieves (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 01:00:03 PM

After looking at the share price - holy shit - I am glad I never invested in this. I won't be in the future unless TAT makes it right for everyone.

I think everyone defending TAT is actually him or his accomplices? Why would you defend an investment that is, and has constantly lost money and your losses are funneled towards the issuer? I have no proof that they are sockpuppets, but he seems to accuse everyone of being a sockpuppet(s).

A moderator could probably confirm that I have never posted from any account but this one. I don't have time to play socking games.

bitcoinplay

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Bitcoin Play!

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2013, 01:01:46 PM

ThickAsThieves is now outright lying - he is making up an imaginary user that have talked to him on IRC for 4 hours?!??

I never used IRC in my life!

Bitcoin Play, the source of everything bitcoin! Donate: 1KPyjjUWge1vDou2bQXJkZfA2dV5NKTWmv
Faucet Donation: 1BhrsvzcbjP6cPUrQDBjYbTztnHHFDLE9W
drdanishkhan

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 01:03:09 PM

Why cant you just reply to a PM man.. seriously..  Sad

ThickAsThieves (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 01:04:44 PM

Why cant you just reply to a PM man.. seriously..  Sad

Why pm, ask what you wanna ask right here. I have nothing to hide.
drdanishkhan

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 01:05:52 PM

Fine.. my exact message..
CAn you please buy back my shares.. i dont want to be a part of all this trolling and idiocy.. i have 600 shares.. please buy back at 0.005 per share.

Happy??

ThickAsThieves (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 01:08:50 PM

Fine.. my exact message..
CAn you please buy back my shares.. i dont want to be a part of all this trolling and idiocy.. i have 600 shares.. please buy back at 0.005 per share.

Happy??

Unfortunately, I can't do that, even if I wanted to. It sets a horrible precedent, and makes me a target for harassment in the future.
bitcoinplay

Activity: 84

Bitcoin Play!

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2013, 01:10:23 PM

ThickAsThieves is now outright lying - he is making up an imaginary user that have talked to him on IRC for 4 hours?!??

Answer this! This is important because TAT is now making up things that never happened. It very much casts his character in the true light!

Of course you can do that.. you just have to sacrifice your profits that you made from US!

Bitcoin Play, the source of everything bitcoin! Donate: 1KPyjjUWge1vDou2bQXJkZfA2dV5NKTWmv
Faucet Donation: 1BhrsvzcbjP6cPUrQDBjYbTztnHHFDLE9W
ThickAsThieves (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 01:12:00 PM

Answer this! This is important because TAT is now making up things that never happened. It very much casts his character in the true light!

I am assuming that all of these accounts harassing me today are the same person that harassed me in IRC earlier. Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt it. If I am, I apologize, but I do have the chat logs, and I wil provide them to any moderator that requires them for any kind of action.
drdanishkhan

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 01:12:18 PM

Well.. i am sorry to hear that.. this was my first investment in life and that too in BTC.. i think it was wrong on my part to hope that an issuer would try to keep his asset valuable and keep the trust.. you are right on your part too thats why i sent a PM..

stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 01:39:37 PM

Well.. i am sorry to hear that.. this was my first investment in life and that too in BTC.. i think it was wrong on my part to hope that an issuer would try to keep his asset valuable and keep the trust.. you are right on your part too thats why i sent a PM..

In the context of issuing and managing shares, TAT appears to be fully complying with what was offered. Don't know if its a good example, but Mark Z had/has no powers to support the price of the FB IPO, and nor should he be able to. Look how many, and how much smart money got it initially wrong. So people should not be beating themselves up too much. And at the same time, don't let what an issuer and/or forum post says, be the sole reason you decide to participate.   

These type of shares/bonds are essentially based on math. If the math don't work FOR YOU, the math don't work.
elefter

Activity: 67

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 01:45:51 PM

Wow im really amazed with ppl whining to TAT about the bond price, it is clear to me that who ever does either didnt read the contract or didnt even come close to understanding it...
this is a bond not a share TAT has no moral obligation to keep bond price up as a president in a company would to the share holders (and even then the board of a company cant be held financialy responsible in case of failure)

i lost some on mining bonds too didnt expect this sharp decline in price but thats how it goes, the terms are very clear from the start...
drdanishkhan

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 02:15:09 PM

Agreed.. As somebody said Deprived ruined another pretty amazing pmb..

Ac3Upz

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 02:48:24 PM

I don't want to post off-topic in TAT's thread about Deprived. We can continue this discussion in Deprived's thread or via PM.
I'm thankful for Deprived's project, thread, and information in general, it helped me understand a lot about estimating a mining profit and difficulty rise.

Anyway, if you are holding VIRTUALMINE, or thinking about buying it, you should check this new thread calculating the possible profits: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=240556.0 (or do the math youselfs).
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 02:48:42 PM

Best to view Deprived as a very astute ally. Most do for good reason.
ThickAsThieves (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 03:02:12 PM

Best to view Deprived as a very astute ally. Most do for good reason.

While I acknowledge that Deprived has had influence, I agree with you and totally respect Deprived.
ThickAsThieves (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 03:33:52 PM

My scam accuser gets caught scamming (bonus, more sockies!): https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=240541.msg2550068#msg2550068
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 08:46:11 PM

Is shit hitting the fan already?

Write this down - ALL perpetual mining "bonds" that pay based on FIXED Mh are turds and are guaranteed to lose their value.
Buy "turds" ONLY if you believe that difficulty is going to drop.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
fently

Activity: 66

Bleh!

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 09:12:32 PM

Is shit hitting the fan already?

Write this down - ALL perpetual mining "bonds" that pay based on FIXED Mh are turds and are guaranteed to lose their value.
Buy "turds" ONLY if you believe that difficulty is going to drop.

All perpetual mining bonds are expected to lose their value in the long term, given the expectation that difficulty will continue to rise over the long term.

But they are bets on how fast difficulty will rise, and it is possible to buy them for less than their future value.
SOSLOVE868

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 09:17:47 PM

Hello everyone,
I lost few coins myself with another PMB and I just want to say something as a defence for TAT.
I lost coins because at the time of buying I didn't fully understand the mining difficulty concept and I was dumb enough to buy something I didn't understand completely. The 50% APR seemed great compared to anything in "real" stock market.

Did you, the complainers, calculated your future dividends in case that the difficulty will increase (thus your dividend will be lower) by 15-20% every two weeks? The price of the bond is connected to this yield.

For the defence of TAT: You can blame him only for offering something that the market wanted, altough he expected (or could have) that the difficulty will skyrocket, in which case the coins from the IPO could be bigger amount than the dividend sum paid in entire VIRTUALMINE existence. At the time of the IPO his PMB was the cheapest on the BTC-TC (as far as I know).
The important fact is, that if you would bought mining hardware yourself, you would be in the same position (I just calculated that if I bought GPU mining rig now, the cost per MH/s would be at least two times higher than the cheapest PMB. Also the rig consumes electricity, unlike the PMB).

That being said, from my short experience here on the bitcointalk I can say that TAT seems to be honest and acts according to his contract. Also I had never any issue with his ASICMINER micro shares.

If you are interested in how to estimate the PMB value you can try to read Deprived Mining Speculation thread (it's a long and complicated read). Also the DMS.MINING is probably the reason why VIRTUALMINE value is falling.

I had post a article a month before in this forum...that trying to tell people do not buying any PMB ,and provides very clear calculation with it.

Some people was argue with me ,saying I am stupid do not understand what PMB it is .how ever this guy called Frunmp is now disappear in this forum.

PMBs issuers isn't doing anything wrong, but The things is PMBs itself is not a wise decision when the market being hit by new technology.

Like CPU change To GPU....during the period of switching , no one should buying any PMBs contracts.

I have personally loss around 10 BTC on those contracts, what I want to say is the issuers of PMBs are not doing anything wrong ,they just exploit the contracts and take advantage over those people who do not has certain knowledge to analysis what they are buying.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: