Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:22:34 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HOW TO SPOT A WINNING ICO  (Read 2409 times)
Yoko 666

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 01:32:03 AM

I'd be interested to here more about this too. Got into it because of Divi, they have a really interesting development project.
primeer

Activity: 883
Merit: 262

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 01:41:17 AM

i think what's going to happen to unsold tokens is very important. if they are going to burn them or distribute them to the ico investors, that's a big plus.

jack107

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 01:43:37 AM

I completely agree. For me it's about the founders/team, backers, idea, proof of concept, and press coverage doesn't hurt. It's so hard to find ICO's that fulfill all of these categories. One that's ending this month has really impressed me. UnikoinGold by Unikrn is an ICO for legal esports betting and tournaments. A very interesting idea that is more of a long-term game or if you're someone that participates in gaming/betting. They even do fiat betting in the UK and want to be the standard crypto in the esports space.

Definitely check them out because they have a solid team and are backed by Mark Cuban, Ashton Kutcher, Pantera Capital, and their advisor is Anthony Di Lorio, co-founder of ethereum.

https://unikoingold.com/

I could't agree more with this^. Never forget the whitepaper. Always read it and do your due diligence. I stumbled upon UnikoinGold's thread an they filled all the criteria for me. I threw in 300 ETH just a few days ago.
primeer

Activity: 883
Merit: 262

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 01:43:52 AM

also, it's important to check what happened before the ico. if a token was sold a lot cheaper on the presale than the ico price, then i wouldn't invest on that ico.
ledu_ico

Activity: 1250

Education-Ecosystem

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2017, 01:54:22 AM

First and foremost, it is very useful to tell a scam from a legit ICO. Once you’ve decided take a closer look, consider taking the time to read the technical whitepaper to understand how it works (please don’t decide to invest only based on the pretty website or flashy buzzwords). The papers can sometimes be dense but the understanding of the details is very well worth it. Also, you may find it helpful to join the Slack group to ask questions and see what other peoples’ concerns are.

Having a white paper well written that covers all the details is very important, without that and ICO may fail before it even starts. I think that's the best way to spot a scam.

TagaMungkahi

Activity: 364
Merit: 118

Bounty Campaign Manager? --> https://goo.gl/YRVVt3

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 02:00:26 AM

I 've been trying to find out all the things that would lead me to spot the wining ICO, meaning an ICO that will not just enter a the platforms to make a quick buck.

An ICO I can really HODL.

I have gathered the below up to now:

• The founders are working on something great, with details on their design and their roadmap.
  • The founders are not worried with deadlines, but are making changes when necessary to ensure the safety of their project.
  • The founders know their project of by heart. They can answer logical questions. They love it when people ask them about their project and the details of the development.
  • The founders could be promising the world, but not tomorrow. If they are promising you to become rich tomorrow, something looks bad.

New points from other members:
  • Competent development team is the most important rule. Ideas are not enough. There should be good devs to build around those ideas. That is main rule.
  • ICO's with a low or reasonable market cap and ICO's that have set a max cap.
  • [it could apply sometimes] The winning icos will be having a large of the communities that will always try to monitoring the development process of the project that was including about the crowdsale too.
  • Truly wining ICO gets a news coverage on the media.
  • The ICO softcap is fulfilled ahead of time.
  • If something seems too good to be true, it probably is.
  • Projects with an existing product, could look more promising, but people could be less likely to invest. It all has to do, at which stage their project is running and where they want to take it.

Looking forward to enhance my list. I will add your ideas to the above list.

I think you must prioritize first is the VISION and FEASIBILITY of this project, and also check out the DEVELOPMENT them and their social media accounts ( they should have) and also the people involved ( it should be clear that this people are involved) a lot of photos of "development team" "Coaches" "counselors" have been edited and just got from image hosting sites.

Oo ako to

Activity: 238

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 02:07:05 AM

I just want to add that even only just one person of the team has been part or done successful projects in the pasts and I'm confident that the ICO will also be successful. I'm very strict with ICO now, once I see a mispelled word in any of their ann,whitpaper or roadmap then that is definitely not to be trusted.
rommelzkie

Activity: 294
Merit: 125

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 02:15:45 AM

Red Pulse is one of a good ICO

Their company operates since 2015

with 50,+++ subscribers already

1st ICO under NEO.

Great backers and developers

KYC and Crowdsale capping at 51,000 USD per client

15 Million USD Capital

What can you wish for?

https://coin.red-pulse.com/

L1240erion

Activity: 151

Permission-based advertising platform

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 02:16:07 AM

I completely agree. For me it's about the founders/team, backers, idea, proof of concept, and press coverage doesn't hurt. It's so hard to find ICO's that fulfill all of these categories. One that's ending this month has really impressed me. UnikoinGold by Unikrn is an ICO for legal esports betting and tournaments. A very interesting idea that is more of a long-term game or if you're someone that participates in gaming/betting. They even do fiat betting in the UK and want to be the standard crypto in the esports space.

Definitely check them out because they have a solid team and are backed by Mark Cuban, Ashton Kutcher, Pantera Capital, and their advisor is Anthony Di Lorio, co-founder of ethereum.

https://unikoingold.com/

UnikoinGold is definitely worth a look for everyone. ICO meets the esports industry is going to be big $$$$$$ in the next few years.

https://news.unikrn.com/article/UnikoinGold-Sets-Records-Becoming-Universal-Esports-and-Gaming-Token

lalawallet

Activity: 658

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2017, 04:46:08 AM

I think one should focus on a long-term perspective and take part in an ICO which has actual utility and value. That's number 1 thing you keep when you make in invest, right?

LaLa World - Website || Telegram || Reddit || Facebook || Twitter
chocolah29

Activity: 588
Merit: 128

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 05:07:53 AM

By no means am I a pro at this, but I always look for a strong dev team, an active community and following and most importantly real world applications that I would picture myself and other using/adopting.

I agree. When you imagine yourself using that then maybe other might too.
I think it's a plus when the product of ICO is timely and very useful in the community and for the future. Also the developer and the team that supported it is a big factor. Their white paper and the roadmap is a must read when eyeing an ICO.

SUBSCRIBE NOW
inthelongrun

Activity: 1792
Merit: 598

The Martian Child

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 05:13:28 AM

I 've been trying to find out all the things that would lead me to spot the wining ICO, meaning an ICO that will not just enter a the platforms to make a quick buck.

An ICO I can really HODL.

I have gathered the below up to now:

• The founders are working on something great, with details on their design and their roadmap.
  • The founders are not worried with deadlines, but are making changes when necessary to ensure the safety of their project.
  • The founders know their project of by heart. They can answer logical questions. They love it when people ask them about their project and the details of the development.
  • The founders could be promising the world, but not tomorrow. If they are promising you to become rich tomorrow, something looks bad.

New points from other members:
  • Competent development team is the most important rule. Ideas are not enough. There should be good devs to build around those ideas. That is main rule.
  • ICO's with a low or reasonable market cap and ICO's that have set a max cap.
  • [it could apply sometimes] The winning icos will be having a large of the communities that will always try to monitoring the development process of the project that was including about the crowdsale too.
  • Truly wining ICO gets a news coverage on the media.
  • The ICO softcap is fulfilled ahead of time.
  • If something seems too good to be true, it probably is.
  • Projects with an existing product, could look more promising, but people could be less likely to invest. It all has to do, at which stage their project is running and where they want to take it.

Looking forward to enhance my list. I will add your ideas to the above list.

Thanks for this, mate. I know this will be very helpful to the people here, especially the investors. And most especially to the newbies and beginners, this is a very precious note. I hope they will come over to this page. ICO investment is not for everyone, especially to those who do not even want to exert some effort to even check the project's website.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
johnsm79 (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

trade.io - Join the Trading Revolution

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2017, 09:57:28 AM

The only way to know if a team is capable of building something is if they have already built something for you to run now. EVERYTHING ELSE IS USELESS, including team, fancy pretentious titles, references, roadmap, video, fancy animations, escrow, blogs, Slack, Telegram, Twitter, Facebook, Reddit and white paper.

But what if they want to build something, but they don't have the funds, yet. If I'm to invest in someone who already accomplished the thing he is promoting, why should I back-him up? He would be better off running an IPO, with real investors, rather than coming here.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  TRADE.IO       ║     WHITEPAPER  •  ANN THREAD  •  TELEGRAM     ║     JOIN THE TRADING REVOLUTION
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
johnsm79 (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2017, 09:58:40 AM

Wow that's an excellent guideline, another thing I would add, although it may not be so important but for me it is, it's the lenght of the Whitepaper. I've seen really good Whitepapers where they comprise everything in just 20 pages, and I've also seen Whitepapers of 50 pages that are just pure crap haha

SO you are saying is not the length, but the quality of the whitepaper.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  TRADE.IO       ║     WHITEPAPER  •  ANN THREAD  •  TELEGRAM     ║     JOIN THE TRADING REVOLUTION
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
johnsm79 (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2017, 09:59:53 AM

i think what's going to happen to unsold tokens is very important. if they are going to burn them or distribute them to the ico investors, that's a big plus.

What do you mean, that if the tokens are burned is not a good thing?

000JC88

Activity: 159

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 10:12:24 AM

An ICO is an idea of a future project, so in order to hold the idea must be very good and be able to watch the progress of the project. 
Posheby

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 10:27:38 AM

Helpful, thanks
yugyug

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 10:29:44 AM

I am new to this ICOs fad, but to this date since the new ICOs are today required some legalities like SEC requirements, KYC and AMLC compliant or investor friendly ICOs. This is not just their white papers, road mad, dev teams, marketing , long term goals that i am looking for but also how are ICOs abiding the rules and regulations in order to secure the investors money. The good example of this ICO is the ICON ico, this are the most successful ico this month because they comply the government policy for legality and sustainability.During their ICO launching it takes less than 24 hours to sold out all the coins.
btcjoin14

Activity: 891
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 11:38:07 PM

It is difficult in this current climate with so many ICOs going on to determine which ones will work out and which ones are no good, but the same as it has been with many of the altcoins, it is all about doing a decent amount of research, check out the community behind the coin, see what the opinions are on this forum and use a bit of your own instinct.
If the investment is not worth the storing for a few weeks then it is not the right investment to have. Gambling is the next step to that.
virtualhero

Activity: 161

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 11:49:35 PM

You forgot to check the background of the team. It is one of the important thing that you need to know. Maybe the dev had a history of abandoned projects before. One of the team may take part on a scam before.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: