Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:55:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Buying and Holding the only way?  (Read 4286 times)
Shamie1002

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:16:39 PM

i tried to calculate how much would i make from bitcoin mining using an antminer s9, and i don't think it's worth it for me as the cost of electricity is high where i live, which is in the UK (it's 20 cents approx), i make like $300 profit a year. and obviously i can't use faucets as that will take years to get one bitcoin. so is the only way to even get any value from bitcoin is to buy it and hold it on for another few years? but it is a risky investment due to the price. or should i invest in new currencies that are cheap right now and have potential to grow to $4k a coin?  Huh

In a way, yes, it's the most safest way of earning today. If you haven't got anything to invest, then start offering services with btc as payment. That is the best choice I could possibly advice you.
Though there are many ways to earn there will always be risks. Even in buying and offering services, there are possibilities that you can be scammed.
But there are greater risks in trading and gambling. So rather doing that, stay in holding what you have earned.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pushups44

Activity: 854
Merit: 281

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:33:39 PM

Buying and holding has proven to be an effective method for the last nine years or so and there's a good chance that strategy will continue to work. Apart from that, buying and holding will give investors peace of mind. Who wants to be stressed out every day over bitcoin's volatility?
DarkIT

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:41:25 PM

Buying and holding has proven to be an effective method for the last nine years or so and there's a good chance that strategy will continue to work. Apart from that, buying and holding will give investors peace of mind. Who wants to be stressed out every day over bitcoin's volatility?
yes, for now, holding back is a very good decision. instead of spending the bitcoin you have, holding in for a long time can make you get a big profit. and I'm sure it will not bother you and will help you in the future.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
CPLAY - IDO█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L   
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
osmo

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:46:35 PM

I think buying and holding is not the only way to increase the amount of bitcoin we have, I suggest you better trading bitcoin or altcoin and you can benefit from rising and falling prices. it's in my opinion.

aoihs00

Activity: 700
Merit: 300

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 07:25:26 PM

Thats too much complication you are carrying right now. I think you don’t really know what are you doing with bitcoin. I mean you started with the mining and then ended up all into alt coin investment wth some self suggestion. Well, everyone knows mining is not profitable as long as you have big farms and cheap electricity. If you want to earn profits with it then invest money into alt coins and trade them or hold them for long term. But choose everything very carefully and then try to make your way through alt eh profits. Just investing won’t help, learn about it. In addition to that why not try signature campaign and invest your time really.
vaughn125

Activity: 238

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:04:35 PM

i tried to calculate how much would i make from bitcoin mining using an antminer s9, and i don't think it's worth it for me as the cost of electricity is high where i live, which is in the UK (it's 20 cents approx), i make like $300 profit a year. and obviously i can't use faucets as that will take years to get one bitcoin. so is the only way to even get any value from bitcoin is to buy it and hold it on for another few years? but it is a risky investment due to the price. or should i invest in new currencies that are cheap right now and have potential to grow to $4k a coin?  Huh

Lol man. That is not such of a problem. There a re a lot of ways to earn bitcoins. You can join signature campaigns, bounty campaigns,(that gives you stakes of their token. You can convert these into bitcoins if you want.

You can also do day trading to zmaximize profits. A lot of people i know has gotten grewt profits because of day trading.
Hope this helps in any ways,
Good luck pal.
Baby Dragon

Activity: 896
Merit: 272

OWNR - Store all crypto in one app.

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:06:58 PM

You can do anything you want really. Bitcoin is really a good investment if it is long term case because its price grows eventually to cover up your capital. Holding your bitcoin requires a lot of patience and time. So it would be recommended to have other sources of income while investing to bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████▀   ▀██████
██████▀     ▀██████
█████▀       ▀█████
█████▀▀▄▄ ▄▄▀▀█████
█████▄  ▀  ▄█████
▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
Partner of             
BITFINEX
jinksters09

Activity: 126
Merit: 16

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:08:40 PM

If you analyze  it carefully  that's  not the only way I say because  if you don't  want that kind of method you could try joining signature campaigns to earn bitcoins you could read the guidelines there regarding how you could earn or you could try mining but its  a costly one I guess because you need to have an high specs computer  for that one. Or maybe you could try finding the right ICO to invest but you need to think carefully  which one you should choose.

Nevis

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:45:25 PM

There is so many ways to earn profits in bitcoin but most of us prefer investment as it gives us high reward which is worth it for the risk we take. Most of us try to use that time joining campaigns to earn extra profits. Buying and holding is a great way to earn because of bitcoins' popularity right now. Holding lessen the supply in the market which will make buyers buy at higher price. Mining is good too but only if done right and calculated. For your question about holding, I think it is very hard. The most successful alts right now is eths but even though it has a good system, eths also are taking a hard time rising. Having a 4k usd price on alts can be pretty hard so I think sticking with bitcoin in long term investment is ideal. For shorter investment, most of us goes to alts as they dump and pump occassionally.
Washball

Activity: 266
Merit: 151

First crypto index traded as a token!

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:54:03 PM

Buying and holding are maybe not the only way, but that could be very profitable as you could see these last week's. Since January till last week bitcoin has increased 5000%. Mining is not that profitable anymore, because of the large groups of miners.

xBitHodler

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:20:51 PM

If I were new to crypto then I wouldn't invest in mining right now. A lot of people are going to invest in Bitcoin so its price is going to increase. That's why investing directly in Bitcoin would be the best choice. I have even traded all my altcoins to Bitcoin to earn on SegWit2x hard fork. I would advise any newcomer with small amounts of money to invest in Bitcoin.
Wesimon

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

https://gexcrypto.io

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:22:38 PM

If you stick in one way like mining, you wont really your 1BTC goal in just a year. You can do different ways such as trading, investing joining signature campaign and bounties. Or you can invest in a different coin which you see as a potential coin to grow. Though buying and holding will give you profit, these activities would help you to achieve your goal faster.

███
     ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀▀▀
  ▄█████████▄
 ███▀     ▀███▄
███         ███
███         ███
 ███▄     ▄████
  ▀████████████
     ▀▀▀▀▀  ███
            ███
███▄       ▄███
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀█████▀▀
gexcrypto
E X C R Y P T O

Global Trading Corp.
████
████
████
████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
YOUR COMPREHENSIVE CRYPTO TRADING PLATFORM
|       WHITEPAPER       |       FACEBOOK       |       TWITTER       |       ANN THREAD       |
████
████
████
████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
ashfer

Activity: 353

https://luxantdigitalbank.com/

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 05:40:51 AM

There are several ways to earn btc for that you need to learn more about what you can do to improve yourself first of all try to have much more ideas on what all things you can do in this forum by adding in more meaningful post even if you are not able to give response to everything try to improve your knowledge about btc from available source you earn btc if you start working with this forum and earn btc at least if you become a Jr.Member you can join campaigns and you get paid on weekly basis based on your membership rank.There are several other currencies which came up after the split of several coins so if you don't completely trust btc to invest spit up your money and invest it separately in other currencies so that you don't end up loosing everything even if there is a loss in one place doesn't mean it will be same everywhere.

mel1978

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 06:35:12 AM

There are many things that you can profit more bitcoins. Mining, go on to trading different types of altcoins against bitcoins and by joining signature campaign here in the forum. Bitcoin for me is not so hard to earn due to the fact that there are many jobs offer that really earns bitcoins and there are also business to invest with bitcoins. So buying and holding is not the only way there are some.
Silent Money

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:33:36 AM

I think Investing or Buying bitcoins is not the only way to profit more of it..There are many other ways to earn more in bitcoins like mining,getting airdrops  and even joining campaigns.But for now im just getting airdrops I still cant afford to buy coins here..Cause Im just a newbie..But I also want in the Future I can totally Invest here in Bitcoin ..I have a big trust on Bitcoin
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:35:16 AM

There are many things that you can profit more bitcoins. Mining, go on to trading different types of altcoins against bitcoins and by joining signature campaign here in the forum. Bitcoin for me is not so hard to earn due to the fact that there are many jobs offer that really earns bitcoins and there are also business to invest with bitcoins. So buying and holding is not the only way there are some.

I agree with you with a qualifying answer about mining. Unless you have a good amount of capital to invest with infrastructure and technology (we are talking here of millions of dollars) then you are good with mining but if you don't have even a quarter of a million, then mining is not for you.
owengtam09

Activity: 1330
Merit: 248

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:38:53 AM

No after you buy try to do trading there are some good exchanges to do trading.
but never start with poloniex they are samers.
Best are bitfinex/bittrex.
This is how you can grow your coin .
Is that true? What is the problem with Poloniex? I just want to know so I also have an idea about it since I have an account in Poloniex.
Trading is also good when you buy bitcoin but also make sure you have the ability to gain profit make sure you learn a lot about it before entering it. You can also buy and hold if you don't want to take risk, you can invest some of your income then buy bitcoin and hold for a long term to gain profit.
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:39:21 AM

At the moment buying and holding long term seems to be more profitable and less stressful than day trading. But who knows how long this will last for? It could drop off big time and would require very big balls not to panic when that happens. If demand for bitcoins keeps rising, then its all good.
DarkIT

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:43:05 AM

no, I guess so many ways to find bitcoin. not just buying and holding. however, people always think that it is the fastest way to produce bitcoin, and I agree on that. I am sure many agree with this.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
CPLAY - IDO█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L   
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
Restmand

Activity: 979
Merit: 258

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:43:37 AM

There's many way to earned bitcoin not only buying and holding. Also investment is part of business if you don't know about and you don't want to invest its quite slow to earned more. And investing is need a risk.in the business everyday and every inveat is take a risk so if you want to earnes big jist take a risk and try other method or way of earning like in the gambling. Gambling is the fastest way to earned bitcoin but it also the fastest way to loose it. Its up on you if you want to try.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: