Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:17:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Buying and Holding the only way?  (Read 4286 times)
Kiweikoo

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 10:46:16 AM

At the moment buying and holding long term seems to be more profitable and less stressful than day trading. But who knows how long this will last for? It could drop off big time and would require very big balls not to panic when that happens. If demand for bitcoins keeps rising, then its all good.
No there are also a lot of different ways such as mining, daily trade as well but I think holding and holding is fast way for earning I’m also one the investor of bitcoin and I buy bitcoin when he price is low but I don’t keep it for a long time I sell bitcoins in a week and get fast profit and it’s very easy and way to earning.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
changcloy

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 11:06:32 AM

i tried to calculate how much would i make from bitcoin mining using an antminer s9, and i don't think it's worth it for me as the cost of electricity is high where i live, which is in the UK (it's 20 cents approx), i make like $300 profit a year. and obviously i can't use faucets as that will take years to get one bitcoin. so is the only way to even get any value from bitcoin is to buy it and hold it on for another few years? but it is a risky investment due to the price. or should i invest in new currencies that are cheap right now and have potential to grow to $4k a coin?  Huh

There are a lot of ways but different risks, if you want high return but high risks then gambling is for you, but if you want to earn steadily then go for campaigns and mining.

truth, for me i rather go campaigns and mining than gambling i'm that very sure if we can win or the profitable there's no assurance in gambling. so i stick to what i do joining signature campaign and mining .
cryptolit

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 11:08:14 AM

i tried to calculate how much would i make from bitcoin mining using an antminer s9, and i don't think it's worth it for me as the cost of electricity is high where i live, which is in the UK (it's 20 cents approx), i make like $300 profit a year. and obviously i can't use faucets as that will take years to get one bitcoin. so is the only way to even get any value from bitcoin is to buy it and hold it on for another few years? but it is a risky investment due to the price. or should i invest in new currencies that are cheap right now and have potential to grow to $4k a coin?  Huh

i think that buying and holding is good but you will not get so much returns as you can if you seek for coin burn etc, watch out coin events!

Coin events?
CuriousGeorge

Activity: 1498
Merit: 251

KUWA.ai

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 11:11:20 AM

I would just hold, home bitcoin mining, only works if you have free electricity. And your mining hardware will most likely be outdated in a year or faster.
Use a little fractions of a bitcoin to trade, there’s a big momentum in all the lending ponzi  coins right now, just get out fast.

Yes there is no doubt that bit coin mining is a profitable job but there is a major concern of the electricity so it is well and good but for those countries where the charges or the cost of electricity is low otherwise he will get not valuable profit from it, so investment and trading are good options for getting much more profit in a short span of time.
The current electricity cost is nothing if you see the price of bitcoin has now reached $7000+. Even better if you can make your own nature friendly electricity source that could supply you without the need of paying the fee.
So by concluding above, mining is still profitable and will cover the electricity cost by the high price of btc. thats why now the hash power increasing very much.

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
BitcoinIsAlgebraic

Activity: 89

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 11:12:06 AM

Trading daily/weekly or whatever is actually beneficial to the market but it requires skill and an education in trading and economics holding is a much safer way of going about it.
poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 11:25:38 AM

I would just hold, home bitcoin mining, only works if you have free electricity. And your mining hardware will most likely be outdated in a year or faster.
Use a little fractions of a bitcoin to trade, there’s a big momentum in all the lending ponzi  coins right now, just get out fast.

Yes there is no doubt that bit coin mining is a profitable job but there is a major concern of the electricity so it is well and good but for those countries where the charges or the cost of electricity is low otherwise he will get not valuable profit from it, so investment and trading are good options for getting much more profit in a short span of time.
The current electricity cost is nothing if you see the price of bitcoin has now reached $7000+. Even better if you can make your own nature friendly electricity source that could supply you without the need of paying the fee.
So by concluding above, mining is still profitable and will cover the electricity cost by the high price of btc. thats why now the hash power increasing very much.
yeah but still the bitcoin difficulty increases time after time, and it makes things just remain same when the price of bitcoin at the low one. unless if you do mining with high hashing power which it cost a lot of money , just prepare your capital and you might could expect that your miner would become a profitable miner.

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
Phyton76

Activity: 504
Merit: 268

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 11:27:56 AM

I think no, buying and holding bitcoin is not the only way. I feel that it's definitely better for you to use fiat to exchange Bitcoin if you are just going to buy one and miner to mine. Apart from that would bring your profit to however much you want but do note that mining difficulty do increase so a constant calculation might not work.
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 11:31:57 AM

There are many ways to earn Bitcoin and Mining and Trading are not the only way, the other ways that have reasonable pay of course will require work and talent. This very own forum and some sites like upwork will hire freelancers and will be paid on their preferred payment and how much you will be paid will depend with your negotiations and also the quality of your work. Well if you really don't have any talent than it will be the end of the road for you not unless you invest your time in getting better at trading.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
Wintersoldier

Activity: 966
Merit: 274

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 11:33:02 AM

Yep, the safest way is to simply buy an amount of Bitcoin and put it away in a cold storage. Value increased with 1000% since January 2016 ($420 to $4200), go figure ... Diving into alts could yield a much greater profit on the longer term but could also bite you in the ass financially. An acceptable middle-ground would be to put half of your funds into alts and leave the other half in Bitcoin. I'll make a return in cryptoland myself in this way.
It is true that there is a lot of evidence that we could actually see for us to trust on bitcoin system in terms of investments. So it is a good idea to buy bitcoin and to store it within a month or a year so you could earn some percentage out of it. But if you want a more passive way of earning you could also try on dealing with altcoin on trading so you could know the possible profit and times to earn more bitcoin in time for your hold bitcoin to grow.
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 11:41:25 AM

There's many way to earned bitcoin not only buying and holding. Also investment is part of business if you don't know about and you don't want to invest its quite slow to earned more. And investing is need a risk.in the business everyday and every inveat is take a risk so if you want to earnes big jist take a risk and try other method or way of earning like in the gambling. Gambling is the fastest way to earned bitcoin but it also the fastest way to loose it. Its up on you if you want to try.
Investment and trading are the best ways of earning money by bit coins because there are a lot of fluctuations in bit coin prices so there are so many chances of getting profit every day. I would not suggest for gambling as it is a highly risky act where there is a risk of losing all your money at a glance so invest money in bit coin for getting profit.
conceivedspoon2

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 11:44:37 AM

Bitcoin is not supposed to be held on to where the uncertainty is sure. But then bitcoin is an emerging currency and it birth cryptocurrencies generation. More coins are coming out and some of them have potentials to grow to come high yielding currencies depending on the problem they solve. So, where you mind can carry you, invest into coins that will appreciate or hold on to the point where and when you need to have more or create a point of sale where you can accept bitcoin has means of payment for yourself or company.  
lighpulsar07

Activity: 518
Merit: 271

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 12:30:31 PM

well bitcoin mining with only 1 antminer s9 is obselete you are just wasting your time. in bitcoin mining you need more mining equipment in order to mine bitcoins due to high difficulty and that's the reason why some miners were switch to mining altcoins. buying and holding isn't the only way to earn money with bitcoin you can do bitcoin trading, or instead of doing bitcoin mining why you didn't switch to altcoin mining. there are many ways earning with bitcoin you have to research.
gulshan1

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 03:06:22 PM

There are so many ways to use the bitcoin.This is totally depends on the bitcoin holder that he wants to hold it or invest in the another altcoin currency. If you by any altcoin and it gives you a profit or loss that is totally depends on your luck. Every body have different opinions.some say that it must be hold and some say that always book profit, Then how can image that who is a good adviser. Holding of coins is depending on your patience and potential of your money for long time.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
fishbonez11

Activity: 322
Merit: 116

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 05:29:37 PM

As you say electricity is too expensive for you,but if you want to try with mining do you consider solar energy maybe?Although this is also additional investment and probably there would be no profit for you.

Besides buy&hold option you can offer something to sell on this forum,your skills or something of your goods.When you reach higher rank there is option to join to signature campaing and make some BTC in this way.Faucets are slow way to get something but it is better then nothing,you can claim altcoins and sell them when price go up.

It is tempting to invest in some altcoins,they are cheap in comparison to BTC,but also it is even more risky then invest in BTC,many will say that altcoins is only used for pump&dump and most of them have no future.

Buying and holding is not bad afterall, but if you want other ways to earn with bitcoin, I second to Lucius' response. You can offer goods or services online and ask bitcoin as payment. You can do that in the Services section of this forum. Joining signature campaigns is also one way to earn. Good thing about it is that you don't even need to shell out anything from your pocket. It only requires your knowledge, which you can also improve along the way. It would not take up a lot of your time. I also tried faucets but I see it slow and tedious. Last is buying altcoins using bitcoin.

Going back to the buy and hold, yes it is risky because of the price. But not doing anything is also a risk - a risk of losing what you should have acquired when you can actually do something.

crazycatwoman03

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 07:39:29 PM

Yep, the safest way is to simply buy an amount of Bitcoin and put it away in a cold storage. Value increased with 1000% since January 2016 ($420 to $4200), go figure ... Diving into alts could yield a much greater profit on the longer term but could also bite you in the ass financially. An acceptable middle-ground would be to put half of your funds into alts and leave the other half in Bitcoin. I'll make a return in cryptoland myself in this way.
It is true that there is a lot of evidence that we could actually see for us to trust on bitcoin system in terms of investments. So it is a good idea to buy bitcoin and to store it within a month or a year so you could earn some percentage out of it. But if you want a more passive way of earning you could also try on dealing with altcoin on trading so you could know the possible profit and times to earn more bitcoin in time for your hold bitcoin to grow.

In addition,  after investing into bitcoin and holding it.  Joining altcoins is also a way to increase the number of bitcoins.  Who would ever deny that by joining altcoins they are able to save bitcoin?  This is what I do to increase my profit.  I join altcoins and what I earned is exchanged into bitcoin.  In this way,  while I am holding my bitcoin I will be also to increase its number that will result to higher profits.

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
McKane

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

IF PROBLEM WITH MY TRUST THEN BRING AN ESCROW.

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 08:45:34 PM

Its just a way to earn earn some profit.Buy low and hold it until price go up and sell it.But its not the only way.There's still some more and interesting easy way to earn it.you can join any campaigns.Which can paid you depend on your work and ranking.Also you can use some mining software to earn more NichHas who use your GPU power to mine.Also you can play faucet to earn but the amount would low

There is no others way if you think you want an instant profit. Aside those mining and gambling that it takes time to earned.  Just keep on buying bitcoin at a low price value and sell it on a higher price after the fork cause probably the price is so high. And also trading altcoin is a better earner to earned profit.
Bitcoins is anything but difficult to utilize in the event that you need to profit than put your cash in bitcoins on the off chance that you need to guard your cash than you can likewise take help of bitcoins on the grounds that bitcoins is the most secure cryptocurrency so in the event that you need to profit than it's too simple with bitcoins simply put cash in bitcoins and sit tight for the correct minute and when the cost goes high than you can offer bitcoins with much benefit than you expected on the grounds that the cost of bitcoins are going higher quickly.

IBMINER DONE A GOOD JOB. I learned a lesson from him. He gave me negative trust just because i was dealing with account seller. To buy an account.
ThunderCatSteve

Activity: 770
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 06:25:07 AM

Its just a way to earn earn some profit.Buy low and hold it until price go up and sell it.But its not the only way.There's still some more and interesting easy way to earn it.you can join any campaigns.Which can paid you depend on your work and ranking.Also you can use some mining software to earn more NichHas who use your GPU power to mine.Also you can play faucet to earn but the amount would low

There are also other way to earn bitcoin like trading, mining, investment etc. but invest is a very good for earning because once if you invest here and start to wait for a right time so it give a profit altogether and that’s what I’m doing as well here and believe me it change my life so if you want to use other ways that can also help you.
barneystinson

Activity: 103
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 06:52:07 AM

i think that buying and holding is good but you will not get so much returns as you can if you seek for coin burn etc, watch out coin events!
On top of buying and holding you can do air drops or joining bounty campaigns. Its fun.

█████ █████  ██ MOBILINK-COIN ██  █████ █████
▬ FIRST DECENTRALIZED MOBILE SERVICE TELECOM COMPANY ▬ (https://mobilink.io/)
fattyforhire

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:49:54 AM

If you are allowed finances - just buy bitcoin and precipitate it to be stored on your wallet. Of course, you can invest in other alctoins, but this method is less secure, because bitcoin is the most reliable of all crypto currency, and its value speaks for itself.
luigidosado

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 12:05:44 PM

Buying and holding can be the most ideal idea to earn money through bitcoin. But also, there are some other ways of earning. You can join different campaigns where in they pay you every time you finish a task. You can look for airdrops that gives away tokens and convert it to bitcoin.There's also mining and trading. In addition, you can also offer jobs that you know in exchange for bitcoins. Try to explore more and you'll see different ways to earn.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: