Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:15:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Buying and Holding the only way?  (Read 4286 times)
Portia12

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

ADAB ICO

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:45:09 PM

i tried to calculate how much would i make from bitcoin mining using an antminer s9, and i don't think it's worth it for me as the cost of electricity is high where i live, which is in the UK (it's 20 cents approx), i make like $300 profit a year. and obviously i can't use faucets as that will take years to get one bitcoin. so is the only way to even get any value from bitcoin is to buy it and hold it on for another few years? but it is a risky investment due to the price. or should i invest in new currencies that are cheap right now and have potential to grow to $4k a coin?  Huh

There are a lot of ways but different risks, if you want high return but high risks then gambling is for you, but if you want to earn steadily then go for campaigns and mining.
I agree if you want passive income but risky go gambled your money different site use bitcoin as a currency and they have small percent of house hedge. But if you want to earn money try to apply in bounty campaigns they give high salary to all who wants to have an steady income

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lenovo16

Activity: 210
Merit: 120

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:54:24 PM

i tried to calculate how much would i make from bitcoin mining using an antminer s9, and i don't think it's worth it for me as the cost of electricity is high where i live, which is in the UK (it's 20 cents approx), i make like $300 profit a year. and obviously i can't use faucets as that will take years to get one bitcoin. so is the only way to even get any value from bitcoin is to buy it and hold it on for another few years? but it is a risky investment due to the price. or should i invest in new currencies that are cheap right now and have potential to grow to $4k a coin?  Huh
If you want to earn a lot from bitcoin you should not stick to one way of earning. Mining is not advisable for earning BTC for a short time because it takes time and investment before you get your profit. Same as trading you need to be in the right time when to buy and when to sell. Aside from that you can join in a signiture campaign like this were you can earn a small amount but still can help. You can also for a gambling were you need your luck. Because it is an easy money.
Ronaldcoin2017

Activity: 1148
Merit: 300

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:14:02 PM

If you want to earn a lot from bitcoin you should not stick to one way of earning. Mining is not advisable for earning BTC for a short time because it takes time and investment before you get your profit. Same as trading you need to be in the right time when to buy and when to sell. Aside from that you can join in a signiture campaign like this were you can earn a small amount but still can help. You can also for a gambling were you need your luck. Because it is an easy money.
yes i agree i think there is a lot of ways to earn not only holding because holding needs a lot of timeit required a year before you can earn big amount.i think we should try signature campaign or social madia campaign such as tweeter facebook  telegram etc. In order for us to earn quickly.maybe investing time through joining a campaign is also the best way to earn because it is not risky .
Drnice

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:21:05 PM

If you can't afford the risk of buying a full bitcoin,it will be better you invest into some good altcoins or join some good ICOs and wait for a potential rise in the price, sell and convert to bitcoin. Or, if you have good services to provide in the forum, that will be good too.
imteaz

Activity: 532
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 10:25:32 PM

It depends on your financial situation, if you able to invest for an year on any crpyto, you will make profit in long run, but if you do day trading, its risky and you might lose lots of money, if you don't follow the news, and able to read the pump and dump situation etc.

NelfiNovita

Activity: 640
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 03:41:53 AM

not only that you can also join the signature campaign then you will be paid with bitcoin, mining and trading is also a great way to get more btc even though it is risky because every success that is achieved must have a risk.

NelfiNovita

Activity: 640
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 03:50:45 AM

if you buy and hold it for a few years I think it is not risky because bitcoin price is getting higher year by year and you will get many benefits in this way. precisely if you invest in a new currency that will cause more risks.

Yadamosan

Activity: 193
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 03:53:14 AM

not only that you can also join the signature campaign then you will be paid with bitcoin, mining and trading is also a great way to get more btc even though it is risky because every success that is achieved must have a risk.
that's also needed to consider when finding other ways of earning bitcoin but as long as you are willing to learn then you are just fine and luck will bring
your fate into your success, buying and holding can be the best thing for lone term investment while signature, trading and mining would be an alternate ways.
Kray

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 03:14:00 PM

What do you want to say? Do you have a problem with how to reproduce your Bitcoins? If so, you can join campaigns. There you will earn bitcoins depending on your rank. And it's paid weekly, All you have to do is post depending on the required post you should be able to do in a week of campaigning. Because of the signature you are wearing as they are paid. So wait for about a month and you can join the campaigns
yup, I agree with you, by following the campaign we can add more income and invest at the same time invest by converting the coins we earned from campaigns into Bitcoin.
EddyGameta

Activity: 884

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 03:18:19 PM

if the cost of electricity in your country is expensive then maybe you can choose other alternatives like trading and participating campaigns in this forum, but if you still insist to mining and still want profit maybe you can try the cloud mining service that has a good reputation like owned by Bitmain it’s Hashnest.
AIRDROPSQUAD

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

PLAYHALL - SKILL GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 03:38:21 PM

I think, that is not the only way. This is the Crypto world, you can do many things with this stuff. If you feel your electricity is costly, you can stop mining, and move to become trader. Although, trading is not an easy way to make some fast cast. But it is more profitable if you know how to do it.

audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 04:29:26 PM

Several ways are avaliable
Earning through bitcoin is basically based on the amount of risk you are willing to take. For someone who wants to take low risk, then buying and holding might be the only option for him or her. But also worthy of note is that the higher the risk, the higher the return. For someone who has flair for moderate risk, then trading is the way, ICOs is an option as well as bounties because here the risk of losing money is there if the ICO decides not to live to expectation or the negativity ended its reign. If it works out, then the returning profit in addition to bonus of early investment might turn out to be a mine.

For high risk taker, gambling and HYIP are the best option, the more the returns the higher the chance of losing them all.
Colt81

Activity: 630
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 04:35:18 PM

Yep, the safest way is to simply buy an amount of Bitcoin and put it away in a cold storage. Value increased with 1000% since January 2016 ($420 to $4200), go figure ... Diving into alts could yield a much greater profit on the longer term but could also bite you in the ass financially. An acceptable middle-ground would be to put half of your funds into alts and leave the other half in Bitcoin. I'll make a return in cryptoland myself in this way.
I absolutely agree that, the safest way to buy bitcoin is on walllet and you can also keep your bitcoin on offline and online wallet. You must hold you bitcoin if you want to gain income and it is the best way to earn much income. Buying bitcoin is also a nice idea but you must a lot of money if you want to buy it.
bitjoin

Activity: 1372

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 04:46:32 PM

For high risk taker, gambling and HYIP are the best option, the more the returns the higher the chance of losing them all.

I like the idea of a well researched investment into a HYIP as it could in theory be +ev but straight up gambling where its -ev seems like you would be better off working at mcdonalds and just banking everything into bitcoin.

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
.....5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y......
|     TWITTER     |    TELEGRAM    |     DISCORD     |
....JOIN NOW....
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 04:59:12 PM

No! Earning profit from speculation activities is not the only way to build a good corpus. However, I am also not impressed with the gains from mining activities in these days as I believe that mining Bitcoin is a business now and we should leave it for those who treat it in that way. Faucets are useless and pure wastage of time unless you have a strong referral network under your profile.

However, there are multiple other ways to earn handsome amount of profit by offering valuable useful services in the marketplace. Working as a bitcoin freelancer. Actually, there are infinite ways to earn money and here are some examples

See this thread: 100 Ways To Earn Bitcoin.
CisColtz

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:03:18 PM

Well if you're not a good trader , it's better and safer to just buy and hold some coins. Also be very carefull when you buy alts , make sure you find good project and you enter near bottom or else you gonna loose bitcoins.
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:06:22 PM

If you have any idea that there is a coin that has a potential to rise like bitcoin then you can do that, but it is too risky since we don't really know exactly what will happen in the future. By this time bitcoin is the best way to invest but try to search some other altcoins if you want to invest in small amount.
CryptoRama

Activity: 453
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:11:02 PM

You should do for every altocin currency that increases 10% or more you sell for bitcoin about 10% of all you have, then when it get's lower you can buy again that you have more of that currency again... and repeat....

good luck

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
ajochems

Activity: 1305
Merit: 511

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:13:12 PM

I like the idea of a well researched investment into a HYIP as it could in theory be +ev but straight up gambling where its -ev seems like you would be better off working at mcdonalds and just banking everything into bitcoin.

To get profit you have to hold your bitcoin. If you inverse in Gambling means, you need to take risk .In risk Both will happen,you may lose the inversement or get double of investment. If the price of bitcoin reduce means, just brought the lot of Bitcoin. So get into gambling is fully based on your own wish.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Gens09

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:15:43 PM

I guests kinng is also one of the best way to earn a good lrofit but i guess the bitcoinis already cost a lot in the market and we know it is a lot easier to mine bitcoin in the pass year so i guess if you hold the bitcoin in the point it will gonna be a big money and it will make you a complete rich man but i guess doing it today is not a good idea because it will complete ruined the difficulty of mining today so maybe you can try to mine altcoin like eth.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: