Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:10:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 196 »
  Print  
Author Topic: is it risky to turn all my money to bitcoins?  (Read 37270 times)
Jombrangs

Activity: 630
Merit: 258

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:14:37 PM

puting your all money on bitcoin i think there's a advantage and dis advantage of that
advantage you have earn money on the bitcoin but its depende if you can trade
disadvantage you can lose your all money on bitcoin ... but if you stack your monney on bitcoin its safe
joinfree

Activity: 1246
Merit: 260

1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:16:32 PM

Maybe it is a little bit risky.. nobody knows what can happen to bitcoin in a few months, not even in years.. So my advice is only to put some money on bitcoin, not all your funds, because if bitcoin drops to zero, then you will loss all your money. I hope that this is never going to happen, but nobody can predict what is going to happen in this market, it is very volatile right now.
So better to keep some funds on cash, and the other part in cryptos.

Crypto Enthusiast supporting innovative ideas for the Liberalization of the world from the Centralized Institutions.
Bruce Wayne

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:16:43 PM

I think it's always a good idea to diversify your portfolio.

Join My Newsletter (Free) By Shooting Me A Message On Here With Your Email Address. 1st Newsletter Goes Out in December! Happy Trading.
SimilarCoin

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:24:23 PM

Yes it is risky to turn all my money to Bitcoins.

A good idea is to diversify your investment in other crypto currencies.
okae
Legendary

Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008

northern exposure

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 06:31:00 PM

is it risky to turn all my money to bitcoins? anyhow this money sits in the bank and do nothing for!

Well i must agree that money sitting on the bank is for nothing, unless you have a big % interest on it which i doubt... but i will never suggest you to put all your eggs into one basket... on the other hand and IMHO bitcoin has been the best investment on last years and will continue so... don't forget that if you never take the risk you will never win Tongue

IMHO #1.b of suspects, Hal Finney is/was S.N.
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:31:43 PM

First of all no your money is never in the bank they give out loans from your money to others and they just give you some numbers to keep track on. and Secondly yes absolutely, It is 100% risky to turn all of your money into bitcoin because bitcoin is not a ponzie scheme but its price is not fixed. but yes I can say in bitcoin no one is going to touch or use your money on there needs like banks do. Your money will be much safer and from bitcoin, you can grow your money on some services like trading or buy/sell.
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1219

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:43:16 PM

is it risky to turn all my money to bitcoins? anyhow this money sits in the bank and do nothing for!

No! Don't do that. It is not only with bitcoin. Even with any kind of business it is highly not recommended business-wise to put all of one's money in just one business venture. Haven't you heard this expression, " don't put all your eggs in one basket" before now? Try to spread it across bitcoin and other cryptos, offline business like shops, keep some in the bank. If you like forex trading, why not?

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
maxamus

Activity: 833
Merit: 267

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:43:40 PM

Yeah its risky to put all your  money on bitcoin. You must be a pro on this currency or Trader before you give all of your money on it because it can make your money gone in just a couple of seconds if the market value of bitcoin goes. You must be knowledgeable before you invest everything on an ICO or any cryptorelated.

I agree with you it is risky to turn all the money into bitcoin and it's not only limited to bitcoin but let it be any venture or investment product it will be foolish to invest everything at the same place. As far as bitcoin is concerned one should ale\ways be aware of the current market situation of bitcoin in order to be on the verge of investing more or trading bitcoin for money. Only your own research and knowledge with bitcoin will help you in decision making and earning profit.

Am I spamming? Report me!
Don Pedro Dinero
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1537

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:44:17 PM

Do you think it's not risky to hold money in the bank?  Cheesy it is risky. But Bitcoin will bring you 300% growth per year, but how much your bank gives to you? 5-10% per year.
I have heard stories about people who take a loan in a bank and buy Bitcoin with those money. And it really can be profitable, cause of Bitcoin will give you +300% and for loan you will pay 10-20% provision  Grin
So, think yourself what is more risky here and more profitable.

Yeah, sure! Listen to this guy. And then look at this:

Where is the 300% growth per year between November 2013 and January 2017? Will you able to keep your investment at a loss for three or more years?

Getting into debt to buy a highly volatile asset is quite silly. You may have luck and make money but not because you are a smart person.

OP, you have to read a lot about investing and about cryptos before you put your money into bitcoin or another asset. Having it in the bank has some risk as well but because everything has some risk.

Don't listen to this guy, he has even made me think whether he is joking.

erep

Activity: 2296
Merit: 594

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:52:08 PM

Yes, It is risky, I am not saying this because of the price variations. Am telling this because the governments are already angry towards the decentralized currency and may be your country may start putting regulations on it. So invest only the savings and keep it safe.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
brickafterbrickwalldpt

Activity: 294
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 07:16:28 PM

Bitcoin is way too volatile and it's exchange rate changes really rapidly compared to other currencies. I would advise against exchanging all of your savings into BTC, while the future for bitcoin is most likely positive nobody can really predict the future. Who knows, maybe we'll experience a huge cryptocurrency crisis in the following times? I'm overexagurating at this point, but it's better not to invest all of your savings, not a very clever investment in this case from economic point of view.

HODLER Open Source Multi-Asset Wallet infrastructure test with $2000 worth of bitcoin for the participants. Read more here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5032817.msg46184177#msg46184177
djselery
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 07:21:58 PM

Yes it is a bit risky to turn all your money to bitcoins, because the price is volatile and we cant exactly expect its future, despite its powerful potential. Always cash is needed for needs and living and also for emergency cases.
Also it is better to invest in many crypto currencies , and diversify the methods of earning.
TagaMungkahi

Activity: 364
Merit: 118

Bounty Campaign Manager? --> https://goo.gl/YRVVt3

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 07:51:05 AM

I think it is , it is really risky specially bitcoin's price is volatile you should study trading first and the movement of price ( which is really hard to do) it will take a lot of time for you to master this. But one piece of advice. Don't do it. Maybe do it when the price is stable (maybe in the future but who knows).

Ararbermas

Activity: 1988
Merit: 283

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 08:17:58 AM

For me in my opinion its not risky if you now what are the safe procedures or process how to convert your money into bitcoin or wallet that you want to use after.. but i suggest that don't turned all your money into bitcoin. Just pick small amount first if you don't have any experience on how to convert your money .and If you want to multiply your money instead of nothings happen in the bank . Will try to buy low and sell high which there's a chance that you can earn alot of profit such as TRADE OR INVESTING when bitcoin value fall buy a cheap price the when you notice that its starting to climbed in a higher value then sell into a high price. .
uztre29

Activity: 275
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 08:24:28 AM

Obviously, yes, it is so risky. I suggest, spare some of your money so if something bad happens to you (let's say you got scam), you still have money. But I believe in bitcoin. Investing in bitcoin is a good thing. With proper knowledge, you can gain profit by investing in bitcoin. Sparing some of your money is just for safety.
soham

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 08:36:34 AM

Certainly it is risky and it is not only for bitcoin. It is true for any investment. If you invest in a single asset without diversifying it exposes you to a great deal of risk. Because if that particular market goes down, you will end up loosing all your investment. So diversification is the key for healthy investment. So I won't suggest you to invest all your money in to bitcoin.

Instead diversify into more than 3-4 coins and also in some real-world asset like bank deposit or company debt papers. This way you will be able to lower your portfolio risk. So if bitcoin or all other crypto goes down anytime. You real-world investment will give you a support.

▄████▄       
██████       
▀████▀       
▀██████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
▄▄█████  ▄██████████████████▄
▄██████▀██  ████████████████████
▄█████▀    ▀  ████████████████████
▄█████▀         ███ ████████████ ███
██████▀          ███ ████████████ ███
███████           ███ ████████████ ███

▄████▄                  ███████   
██████                 ▄██████     
▀████▀                ▄█████▀     
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄    ▄█████▀       
▄██████████████████▄  ██▄ █████▀         
████████████████████  ██████▀▀           
████████████████████  ██████▄             
███ ████████████ ███                     
███ ████████████ ███                     
███ ████████████ ███                       
  [    |    ████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███            ▀████████
███  ███████  ▄  ▀██████
███           ██▄  ▀████
███  ███████  ████▄  ███
███                  ███
███  ██████████████  ███
███                  ███
███  ██████████████  ███
███                  ███
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
  ] 
FACEBOOK  )   (  TWITTER  )
  SUBSCRIBE NOW!!! 
INSTAGRAM  )  (  LINKEDIN  )
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 08:42:25 AM

id say yes because investing is like gambling and theres also a risk.so i suggest dont put all your hard earn cash on bitcoins rather put only small amount that you can afford to loose or you can also divide your money, (ex.  half on a bank and half on bitcoins ) although banks is still safer to store you money but you cant earn much interest on it.
trk

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 08:43:10 AM

Yes, I do think so it is extremely risky to do so. Just assume bitcoin as stocks of a company (a bluechip company stock to be more fair). Are you willing to invest all your money in stocks? I hope you dont

You can invest some of course, the rest would be better to be invested in a safer kind of investment

ukboss

Activity: 742
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2017, 08:45:14 AM

Have a proverb sentences in our urban city that is don't put your all money in a one basket because it is a very risky if your basket lose you will lose your all bitcoin if your close friend hack your account you can lose your all money so you need to put your money in a different wallet and never move your all coin to bitcoin.  
audrey12

Activity: 210
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 08:46:39 AM

Yes for me it's quite risky if you turn all your money in bitcoin because even though bitcoin has a very promising value appreciation in the past years still it can be trusted 100% that it will not crashed or lose its value. Better be safe while also having investment you can convert some into bitcoin for me atleast 40% of your money can be invested.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 196 »
  Print  

Jump to: