Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 09:14:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Block Erupter USB Out of Stock - kosmo will be back!  (Read 33290 times)
macromode

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 06:33:59 PM

At the moment, it appears that the listings for both the imposter and @kosmokramer are down. The hardlink to the offering from the first page of the thread simply redirects to a general bitmit page. Hope this gets remedied soon.
kosmokramer (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

The Assman: CEO of Vandelay Import/Export, Inc.

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 07:21:16 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2013, 08:15:03 PM by kosmokramer

At the moment, it appears that the listings for both the imposter and @kosmokramer are down. The hardlink to the offering from the first page of the thread simply redirects to a general bitmit page. Hope this gets remedied soon.

Yes, they took mine down too, unfortunately Sad  So, someone copies my information and I get punished for it too. Seems fair...  Hopefully they're just trying to sort it all out. At least no one can get scammed right now from the fake listing.

I'm trying to get it resolved ASAP.

firstbits: 1kosmo | PGP Public Key
kosmokramer (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 08:03:15 PM

Gentlemen,

A BitMit update - I have yet to hear a single word from BitMit. Over the past few weeks, I've been in regular contact with Joachim @ BitMit but he's been entirely unresponsive since this scam listing popped up. Here's the series of events:

• Someone told me there was a scam listing
  • I assume you guys emailed BitMit first, followed by my clearly worded email directly to Joachim about the concern
  • I looked not long ago and see that both listings have been removed (wtf?!?)
  • I sent another email to Joachim, but he is not responding, although he clearly knows there is an issue
  • Waiting to hear back from Joachim so we can get this worked out and you guys can buy again

Inventory is very low at the moment. I have several users who are interested in "buying everything I have" and I'm dealing with them on a first come/first served basis. It's NOT going to the highest bidder - I don't work like that. I am going in the order that messages are received and that's that.

Please be patient with me (rather, BitMit) as these issues are worked out.

I would advise everyone not to make a single purchase on BitMit until we see how they handle this situation. I'm very concerned about how this is being handled.

Thanks for your understanding guys - we'll get this sorted out and be back in business soon.

ak49er

Activity: 672

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 08:36:11 PM

Back from the post office.  And 10 minutes later I'm mining away with my gold Block Erupter!!!  Running quite happily on cgminer 3.2.1 along with my two GPUs.

(j/k guys, it's red not gold  Tongue)

kosmokramer (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 08:38:16 PM

And 10 minutes later I'm mining away with my gold Block Erupter!!!

You sonofabitch. While I'm glad you received your miner (yay!), I am yearning for one of the gold ones. The thought of letting one slip through my fingers is infuriating!!

Enjoy!!

ewibit
Legendary

Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 08:41:14 PM

Are you using cgminer?

The setup for this ASICMiner is

cgminer -o http://yourminingpool.com:port -u Username -p Password --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --icarus-timing 3.0=100 -S \\.\COM3 -S \\.\COM4 -S \\.\COM5    (or whatever you COM port is.)

Note this is on a windows base computer.

no I am on Linux, but I have tried it with win too; - it seems to be a Problem with the USB-(HUB,-timing,-PSU,-temperatur,-current,-...)
 Huh
-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 08:49:50 AM
Last edit: June 16, 2013, 09:07:36 AM by -Redacted-

I guess they can't "undelete" ??

--------------------------
Me-> Joachim

Where is KosmoKramer's page?  I've been successfully buying from him
for a long time.  Why take his page down because "123456" is scamming
with a copy of Kosmo's page?

Look at your sales history on the two sellers, please.

Joachim -> Me

Hi,
One of our staff made a mistake and deleted his item by mistake.
We are very sorry for that.
---
Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Kindly Regards
Joachim S.
Xer0

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

°^°

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 12:21:18 PM

Backups, holymoly, make backups!!
agibby5

Activity: 267

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 02:07:36 PM

Are you using cgminer?

The setup for this ASICMiner is

cgminer -o http://yourminingpool.com:port -u Username -p Password --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --icarus-timing 3.0=100 -S \\.\COM3 -S \\.\COM4 -S \\.\COM5    (or whatever you COM port is.)

Note this is on a windows base computer.

no I am on Linux, but I have tried it with win too; - it seems to be a Problem with the USB-(HUB,-timing,-PSU,-temperatur,-current,-...)
 Huh

First find out which tty's your device is using. This is a quick and dirty way.
Code:
ls /dev | grep ttyUSB

I didn't have any others on my machine, so it shows 0-9.

I couldn't get it working with 3.2.1, so I'm using 3.1.1 successfully.

Then here's what I use for my miner command line.  Notice the need for sudo to access the devices.
Code:
sudo ./cgminer-nogpu --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --icarus-timing 3.0=10 -S /dev/ttyUSB0 -S /dev/ttyUSB1 -S /dev/ttyUSB2 -S /dev/ttyUSB3 -S /dev/ttyUSB4 -S /dev/ttyUSB5 -S /dev/ttyUSB6 -S /dev/ttyUSB7 -S /dev/ttyUSB8 -S /dev/ttyUSB9 
-Redacted-

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 03:43:30 PM

I guess they can't "undelete" ??

Me-> Joachim

Where is KosmoKramer's page?  I've been successfully buying from him
for a long time.  Why take his page down because "123456" is scamming
with a copy of Kosmo's page?

Look at your sales history on the two sellers, please.

Joachim -> Me

Hi,
One of our staff made a mistake and deleted his item by mistake.
We are very sorry for that.
---
Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Kindly Regards
Joachim S.

My reply back to Joachim:

You delete items in cases of a dispute, instead of just blocking the listing??  That seems like an incredibly unprofessional way to deal with things.  

You can't put the listing back from a backup?   Are you attempting to run this professionally, or like a bunch of amateur hackers?

I'm absolutely astonished.  At the moment you have a lead in the market, but first mover advantage can't overcome sloppy delivery.  You can be a MySpace and fail, or you can be a FaceBook and succeed.   It's all in the service you provide.

kosmokramer (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 08:08:55 PM
Last edit: June 18, 2013, 09:15:29 PM by kosmokramer

I got everything worked out with Bitmit and my listing is back up! I am currently sold out though.

Here is the update I wrote for my OP:

SOLD OUT! Thank you to everyone who has purchased from me. I have had so many awesome customers  Smiley At this time I'm working with ASICMiner to establish new pricing and I'll have more in stock once that is complete. Thanks again!

-Redacted-

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 08:59:17 PM

So why is this disclaimer showing on your page?  Can't buy anything from the listing anyway, but the heading shows this:

Seller is currently not active
kosmokramer (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 09:36:21 PM

So why is this disclaimer showing on your page?  Can't buy anything from the listing anyway, but the heading shows this:

Seller is currently not active

There is an option to show that disclaimer. I am currently out of stock, but I wanted my listing to remain on the site in case another impostor comes along. I don't want someone to buy from a listing that looks like mine thinking it's me.

rsbriggs

Activity: 427
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 12:12:17 AM

Will be having more things selling in stock soon? 
HTML5 Gordon

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 01:00:39 AM

@Kosmokramer I received my black one today.  Thanks for the continued fast shipping!
arlington

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 04:39:01 AM

hope you'll get some more to sell
kosmokramer (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 09:13:51 PM

Hey all - just wanted you to all know that I am in contact with ASICMiner about acquiring more inventory. You will all be the first to know when I have more in-stock.

I'd like to make a comment about resellers - I had hoped I was providing this hardware to end users for a very fair price in order to get more people into mining at a reasonable cost. It appears many of the units that I sold are now being resold for a significant markup. While I know there's nothing I can do to prevent that, it is a bit of a let down to see such high prices on hardware I worked so hard to keep affordable.

Really glad to see you've all been happy with my service - that is always my number one goal and I don't intend for that to change! Whether it's ASICMiners, raw chips, or potato chips, hearing you say you're happy is the best reward there is; especially when it comes to something as historically disappointing as ASICs. It's been an honor to serve you all so far.

whonesta

Activity: 379

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 10:01:16 PM

THANK YOU, Kosmo!
6 ASICMiner Erupter USB sticks got here in 3 days.

I am using a RPi running MinePeon-6-11-2013 and mining with CGMiner 3.2.1. I am using the DLink DUB-H7 powered usb 2.0 hub. I tried to using the Plugable usb 3.0 high power hub, but the RPi failed to recognize the AMU devices. I am mining with the 6 - AMU's, 1 - BFL Jalapeno, and 1 - BFL FPGA.

http://www.jahlives.com/BFL_Jalapeno/CGMiner_2013-06-18.jpg

http://www.jahlives.com/BFL_Jalapeno/ASICMiner_USB.jpg

http://www.jahlives.com/BFL_Jalapeno/ASICMiner_USB1.jpg
-Redacted-

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 12:56:47 AM

Hey all - just wanted you to all know that I am in contact with ASICMiner about acquiring more inventory. You will all be the first to know when I have more in-stock.

I'd like to make a comment about resellers - I had hoped I was providing this hardware to end users for a very fair price in order to get more people into mining at a reasonable cost. It appears many of the units that I sold are now being resold for a significant markup. While I know there's nothing I can do to prevent that, it is a bit of a let down to see such high prices on hardware I worked so hard to keep affordable.

Really glad to see you've all been happy with my service - that is always my number one goal and I don't intend for that to change! Whether it's ASICMiners, raw chips, or potato chips, hearing you say you're happy is the best reward there is; especially when it comes to something as historically disappointing as ASICs. It's been an honor to serve you all so far.

Actually, just so you don't feel so disappointed, if you look closer you will find that most of those are out of the US - many in the Netherlands shipping only to the Netherlands.  Those were part of a group buy from Augusto Croppo - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=195540.0.  My sister bought some out of the group buy before she found you.  Now she only wants to buy from you since her group purchase of 15 of them ended up on a rather sour note, and we still don't have the units, but paid for them many weeks ago.

I'm supposed to ask - what are you selling now/next ?  She'll buy some...

roy7

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 01:10:52 AM

Honestly I thought about buying some simply to resell. People who want to buy for USD and don't have access to easily convert to BTC will pay a markup. Didn't end up doing so in the end though. (Partially because I didn't have enough BTC myself. Smiley )
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: