Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 06:59:30 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Block Erupter USB Out of Stock - kosmo will be back!  (Read 33288 times)
ak49er

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 06:59:21 PM

For what it's worth I feel kosmo used a poor choice in terminology when he said 'exclusive', when I think that maybe 'authorized' would have been better.  Having said that he's been clear from the outset that he wants to offer sales of product from stock, and that's exactly what I want when I'm ready to buy.  He sees this as a somewhat unique niche to fill, but I can't comment on if others are doing it as well as I haven't bothered to look.  I don't think it's unreasonable for him to support this business model with some kind of agreement with friedcat/ASICMiner.  Neither is it unreasonable for him to negotiate better terms based on projected sales, his risk in holding stock, and the convenience it offers ASICMiner.  This is all just standard businesss practice.

I hate pre-orders, am wary of group buys, but am more than happy to buy from stock and have items shipped the next day.  Good luck to you ksomo.

roy7

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 08:03:39 PM

For what it's worth I feel kosmo used a poor choice in terminology when he said 'exclusive', when I think that maybe 'authorized' would have been better.

I was going to say this as well, but you beat me to it. Smiley Although ASICMiner does seem to only have one authorized reseller per country/region so far. But that doesn't mean they aren't open to more than one, of course.

Certainly I see Kosmo's POV though. You don't want to lay out $5K USD to buy 50 miners only to have the sales price cut to half that the day after they arrive. I'm guessing the authorized resellers have some sort of pricing protection in place for unsold stock at the time of a price cut, so there's no carry risk. I'm only speculating though.
djjacket

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 08:10:31 PM

For what it's worth I feel kosmo used a poor choice in terminology when he said 'exclusive', when I think that maybe 'authorized' would have been better.

I was going to say this as well, but you beat me to it. Smiley Although ASICMiner does seem to only have one authorized reseller per country/region so far. But that doesn't mean they aren't open to more than one, of course.

Certainly I see Kosmo's POV though. You don't want to lay out $5K USD to buy 50 miners only to have the sales price cut to half that the day after they arrive. I'm guessing the authorized resellers have some sort of pricing protection in place for unsold stock at the time of a price cut, so there's no carry risk. I'm only speculating though.

This makes the most sense for those who are supplying product and carrying inventory.  Otherwise kosmo would need to charge a hefty premium to cover this risk and the convenience.  As one who has purchased from kosmo, I appreciated the VERY quick delivery at a low markup.
cptdome1

Activity: 386
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 10:32:15 PM

Kosmo are these for sale currently?
enigmazr

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 11:06:34 PM

As a burgeoning economy, bitcoin business needs to maintain ethical standards and practices if it hopes to gain widespread acceptance.  In particular, what sets apart virtuous businesses from subpar ventures is the degree of integrity, honesty, transparency, and trust that the entity cultivates from its customer-base.  These are not merely platitudes and they stand as pillars of solvent, successful businesses.  Bitcointalk forums are a testament to the importance of an established trust network for conducting equitable transactions.  

It is apparent that Kosmo has earned his customers' trust from his dedication and diligence over the past few weeks.  While some re-sellers tested the waters by risking their customers funds (e.g., group buys) Kosmo dared to be different and risked his own personal wealth to provide a well-needed service to the community -- selling only those devices that he currently holds in stock.  Time and time again, and to the chagrin of prospective buyers, he resisted temptation and refused to accept pre-orders.  His insistence on protecting the customer at the cost of his potential large gains speaks volumes to his integrity as a businessman.  

Through his steadfastness, tenacity, and self-sacrifice, Kosmo has demonstrated his virtuous nature.  He has tact and civility.  He is responsive and generous.  His remarks are thoughtful and honest.  These are the behaviors of good business practice and the qualities of ethical standards.  If he has one fault, it is that he is ambitious.  But this putative weakness fuels his service and is a benefit to his customers' satisfaction.  We are all challenged everyday, but don't we deserve to reap the fruits of our labor?  I certainly don't think Kosmo intends to monopolize hardware re-sales.  On the contrary, I think the intent behind "exclusivity" was to acknowledge that not all businesses are created equal, and those businesses that support their customers the best should be allowed to continue.  Thus, the exclusive right to re-sell is a privilege bestowed to those who earn it.  Kosmo's request to his customers to PM friedcat was apparently a way of demonstrating that he has earned the privilege to faithfully serve the bitcoin community.  If others are indeed deserving, then they should be honored with this privilege as well.  After all, re-sellers are themselves customers.  Do they not deserve to be treated as such?
kendog77

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 11:21:00 PM

kosmokramer,

Why are you still selling USB miners to unsuspecting customers on bitmit.net for 2.15 BTC after ASICMiner lowered their price to 1 BTC?

I doubt you'll get much repeat business if buyers find out you're doing this!
kosmokramer (OP)

Activity: 266

The Assman: CEO of Vandelay Import/Export, Inc.

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 11:23:15 PM

This. It was late and I was just using terms that I saw thrown around ('if we get an exluding deal...'). I agree that 'authorized' more accurately describes what I was requesting.

Nevertheless, it would appear that ASICM may not be interested in establishing such relationships in the US at this time, as I have not heard a reply. As such, I cannot continue to carry their inventory until this is resolved.

Thanks for all of your business so far - if things change, I'll certainly update. In the meantime, there are many other sellers around here who I'm sure will be happy to serve you.

firstbits: 1kosmo | PGP Public Key
kosmokramer (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 11:24:52 PM

kosmokramer,
Why are you still selling USB miners to unsuspecting customers on bitmit.net for 2.15 BTC after ASICMiner lowered their price to 1 BTC?

My apologies. If you look closer, you'll see there is no quantity available at that price, therefor I'm not able to sell to anyone.

I've been too busy dealing with the above, just trying to get inventory under new terms, and have not at all had a chance to revise the wording in my non-active listing to reflect the new prices. But I guess I'll get right on that as I see how that must appear...

**Edit** Inactive listing has been revised now. Thanks for pointing that out.

Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 11:34:54 PM

Kosmo, sale;

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=214519.0

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
rsbriggs

Activity: 427
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 11:47:07 PM

kosmokramer,

I believe brother being last one buying 4 at 2.15 after price changing.
kosmokramer (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 11:58:09 PM

I believe brother being last one buying 4 at 2.15 after price changing.

Really? I was under the impression that price just changed yesterday. My last sale was Friday.

It should be noted (as mentioned above), re-sellers are just customers, too. We were just as surprised as everyone else with the new prices.

rsbriggs

Activity: 427
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 12:34:20 AM

Friedcat letting be known to certain circles last week price change happening.  Not just waking up Sunday morning and suddenly making decision let us lowering prices - supply chain needing be managed in advance.  Stupid brother not hanging with right peoples to be knowing enough to wait before buying.   He not making buy decisions on price or who in future.
kosmokramer (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 05:09:05 AM

I'm still seeking a USA re-seller partnership with ASICMiner so I can carry inventory in-stock for same-day shipment.

In the meantime, based on responses in a recent survey, I will be facilitating group buys at near cost as there is clear demand for that service.

Minimum order quantity will be 5+.

• Price is BTC 1 each plus shipping/handling/insurance of 0.15 BTC (I reserve the right to offer free shipping if you order enough)
  • Send me a PM with the following: Quantity desired (5+), full shipping address, email address
  • I'll send you an invoice either in PM or email - pay it in full.

davecoin

Activity: 816
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 05:54:00 AM

To clarify, you can have 5 units shipped for a total of 5.15 BTC? 
kosmokramer (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 05:55:00 AM

To clarify, you can have 5 units shipped for a total of 5.15 BTC? 

Yes sir!

macromode

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 05:57:23 AM

Will it be 0.15 BTC shipping/handling/insurance for every 5 units purchased? Just wanna know how much the shipping/handling/insurance would be on larger orders. Thanks!
kosmokramer (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 05:59:13 AM

Will it be 0.15 BTC shipping/handling/insurance for every 5 units purchased? Just wanna know how much the shipping/handling/insurance would be on larger orders. Thanks!

Absolutely not - flat 0.15 BTC per order. I will clarify that in my OP - thanks for pointing out that it's confusing  Wink

Also, depending on how many you order, I reserve the right to give you free shipping (or possibly even upgrade to overnight)

kosmokramer (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 04:11:23 AM
Last edit: June 27, 2013, 10:20:09 PM by kosmokramer

Less than an hour remains for this group buy. Gather your coins and follow instructions on OP

Benny1985

Activity: 391

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 04:37:22 AM

How long does it take for you to get these in to ship them to me? I'd like to buy 50, but am worried about processing/turnaround time.

Thanks!
kosmokramer (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 06:40:04 AM

How long does it take for you to get these in to ship them to me? I'd like to buy 50, but am worried about processing/turnaround time.

Thanks!

Usually about a week from China -> USA. Then a day for me to process. Then whatever USPS Priority takes to your address (1-3 days).

All business days, of course.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: