Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:17:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Block Erupter USB Out of Stock - kosmo will be back!  (Read 33256 times)
kosmokramer (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

The Assman: CEO of Vandelay Import/Export, Inc.

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 11:23:36 PM

I'll be ordering at least one tomorrow.
I get it - I'm the new guy around here - no hard feelings Smiley  I look forward to earning your business!

As an aside, does anyone have any experience with coingig? I made a sale on there today, completed my end of the transaction, and still haven't received any funds, which is a bit concerning. I'm hesitant to continue on that site until I hear some good feedback or I get my money! Support has not responded yet.

firstbits: 1kosmo | PGP Public Key
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kosmokramer (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 11:29:21 PM
Last edit: June 03, 2013, 11:56:30 PM by kosmokramer

Also available now. The Jalapeno isn't.
This! A million times - this! I don't want this thread to turn into a debate about profitability, preorder predictions, is BFL a scam, etc - the whole point is that if you want this product, I will ship it to you! What good is even discussing ASICs like the jalapeno if it hasn't shipped? I've had tens of thousands of dollars tied up in preorders (including jalapenos!) for now nearly a year - trust me, I'm just as frustrated. I could have used that money and invested in ASICM at the same time and be a millionaire right now. That's the whole reason this thread exists though, to cut through the bullshit and make a very straight offer - a real physical ASIC in your hands as early as tomorrow for a fair price.

And if you can put a batch of jalapenos in my hands to sell in the same manner, I'll put them in inventory and sell them too!

GuiltySpark343

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 01:23:17 AM

GuiltySpark343 - I'm really glad there are users like you around to provide a healthy dose of skepticism. The community is really lucky to have users like you who go to the length of looking at posting history and investigating someone's claims. As someone who is often at the buying end, it's greatly appreciated Smiley I was a bit surprised myself with all of the orders I was receiving with such low feedback - while I've been told I have a trusting face, I wasn't quite sure you all could see it!  *places masking tape over webcam*

Thanks for the explanation and the new pics! Not trying to be a troll, just wanted to trust-but-verify. Good luck with your sales!

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
Ƀ:17wbDetEw2aESM5oWXbm5ih9NSdDruyWNT
HTML5 Gordon

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 03:07:44 AM

If you still have some tomorrow, I'm in for at least one.

If not, I definitely will be buying from the next shipment.  Much prefer this method of sales to the pre-order (group buy) method.
logicbomb666

Activity: 260

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2013, 03:33:24 AM

Its nice to see someone re-selling at a reasonable price. (Regardless if you believe the original price from asicminer is too high)

Props to you for being realistic.

I think snare rolls should be used as a currency.
dlasher

Activity: 467

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2013, 03:43:55 AM

Nice to see another Oregonian involved in BTC!

Kosmo - send me a PM.. I could be interested in buying either some of your pre-ordered chips, or a /16 or /64 board when you have them done.
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 03:51:27 AM

And now you have ordered a whole batch directly from friedcat? Can you show us pics of more than just the 2?
Absolutely. I received a couple other PMs about this, allow me to explain (this was originally in my OP, but it seemed very lengthy and I edited it to be a bit more brief). I first ordered one from Canary last week, then upped it to two. Almost immediately after paying him, I decided I wanted more than that, and that I wanted to order directly from friedcat. I kept my order with Canary in the hopes that I might get a mix of colors (I'm trying to get all four!). If you read more into that thread, you'll actually see that, oddly enough, Canary has not even received that group buy yet (based on his tracking status, I expect him to receive it today). I received my order Friday and am ready to ship a lot of units. I assure you if that's your reason for not trusting me, it's unfounded; I have not received any units from Canary and the hardware in my pictures is from my own direct order. I'm keeping many for myself, and have been "testing the sales waters" by selling the remainder for immediate shipment. I was trying to determine if there was a demand for such a service and oh boy is there!

Let me be clear: I absolutely understand the concern with a low-rep member coming on here and saying "hey, buy this!". I do not blame anyone if they're scared off (I would absolutely not trust myself yet, but I'm a nervous guy), but I assure you all in a day or two when all of the users who have ordered from me start posting feedback to this thread and bitmit, hopefully you'll see that I'm in this to help the community by providing a good service WITHOUT pre-orders. That's the big reason why I've included my bitmit auction - look at my small but positive feedback there and, in addition, use their escrow service! I'll gladly pay the fee for your protection there!

Regarding pictures - my current picture was just to show the packing slip from friedcat and the color options that I have. As many have suggested, I will most definitely be taking a new picture today of all of these pretty miners in boxes, ready to ship. Hopefully at that point it will be clear that I'm legit. I'll likely sell out today but expect my inventory to be replenished by friedcat by mid-week.

I did ask friedcat to post in this thread saying that I did in fact just re-order from him, but he's, understandably, a busy guy and I'm not sure if he'll get around to it. I sent the request via email to the same address I've placed my two orders through.

Thanks for your interest and allowing me to earn your trust!!

GuiltySpark343 - I'm really glad there are users like you around to provide a healthy dose of skepticism. The community is really lucky to have users like you who go to the length of looking at posting history and investigating someone's claims. As someone who is often at the buying end, it's greatly appreciated Smiley I was a bit surprised myself with all of the orders I was receiving with such low feedback - while I've been told I have a trusting face, I wasn't quite sure you all could see it!  *places masking tape over webcam*
kosmo, i don't know what you're trying to say here, but i've shipped out 2 batches already and have received 3...
I would appreciate you keeping my name out of your dealings.  I have nothing to do with you and do not associate my name with yourself to create some kind of a positive association in the minds of fellow users.
Thank you and good luck to you!
daemondazz

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 04:43:02 AM

I didn't read that as him name-dropping you, only stating that he ordered 2 from your group buys and then decided on his own batch..

Computers, Amateur Radio, Electronics, Aviation - 1dazzrAbMqNu6cUwh2dtYckNygG7jKs8S
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 05:00:10 AM

I didn't read that as him name-dropping you, only stating that he ordered 2 from your group buys and then decided on his own batch..
I've no issue with anyone doing whatever they want, wish him success!. I just don't like the innuendo about me not receiving orders.
kosmokramer (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 05:25:24 AM

I would appreciate you keeping my name out of your dealings
You should read the thread in chronological order and you'll in fact see GuiltySpark343 asked me a question specifically mentioning your name. Am I not to respond to concerns in my own thread just because they reference other users?

I re-read my answer to GuiltySpark343 and nowhere do I see an innuendo; it's a fact - DHL did not deliver the group buy to you on Friday! This was an important fact in establishing my case that the two miners pictured in my OP were not from your group buy. Someone else went out and did research, found out on a public forum that I had placed an order with you and simply inquired as to my legitimacy. I answered his question as clearly and concisely as possible, mentioning all relevant players and publicly visible facts.

I hope my thread is not being viewed by you or other group buyers as a threat - on the contrary - we serve two different types of buyers. You serve buyers who are not craving a product in their hands immediately and who are comfortable with a pre-order of sorts and, in exchange, get that product for a slight discount (as a reminder, I was such a buyer last week!). I, on the other hand, serve buyers who see value in having a product shipped within 24 hours of parting with their money, even if at a slight premium. There is reasoning and value behind both types of purchases.

If in the future, you have an issue with the way I'm conducting business on my own thread, I think a more professional approach would be to work it out via PM.

I don't think either one of us is making a killing doing these sales, we're both just doing it for the good of the community. I wish you success in serving your buyers and I appreciate you wishing me the same!

kosmokramer (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 05:56:25 AM

Much prefer this method of sales to the pre-order (group buy) method.
Woohoo! I'm so happy to read that! I had a feeling others were as frustrated with preorders as I was and put all of my savings on the line to do something about it. Will I significantly make a change to any of the big player's business practices? Likely not. But as long as I'm restoring faith in at least a handful of users, it's all worth it. Buying ASICs does not have to be so painful (nor should it be)!!

What's that one cliche saying - vote with your wallet? You guys definitely did that in the past 24 hours - thrilled to continue building up rep while serving such a great community! As proven by my interactions with people at the recent conference in San Jose, I truly believe bitcoin users are the friendliest, most critically sensible group of people I've had the pleasure to interact with.

kosmokramer (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 05:59:45 AM

When you receive the Avalon chips, at what price will you be selling the K16's for?
Sorry, missed this at the bottom of page one. Predicting, especially with ASICs, has proven to be a losers game for me in the past year. Should I receive my K16's in a timely manner, I suppose the price will be what the market bears? No idea what that would be at present - I prefer to focus on hardware that I can touch!

afroman1131

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 06:01:25 AM

ill trade a wow account, a domain name and .2 BTC for a USB miner  Grin ( I'm poor lol )

S P O R T S F I X           ●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●
|     Whitepaper     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     Medium     |
████████████ [ Join SPORTSFIX ] ████████████
Cranky4u

Activity: 810
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2013, 06:07:29 AM

ship to Australia at all?

FCTaiChi

Activity: 308

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2013, 06:08:50 AM

Aww, I'm sure they'll be sold out before I can get my BTC Smiley

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM
kosmokramer (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 06:10:17 AM

Sorry guys - bitcoins only and shipping within US only at this time. I can't pay friedcat with a WoW account, unfortunately Smiley

kosmokramer (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 06:11:37 AM

Aww, I'm sure they'll be sold out before I can get my BTC Smiley
Another batch is on order. Although I haven't received tracking number from friedcat, I do expect delivery mid-week. There's enough for everyone (the new ones just may not be red or black)!!

FCTaiChi

Activity: 308

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2013, 06:15:05 AM

Lol, good job with the pic btw.. . if everyone else is like me they drooled and started up their wallet to see if they had enough Smiley

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM
daemondazz

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 06:22:05 AM

ship to Australia at all?

There are companies that will re-ship for you. One I use is myus.com (I'm also in Australia) and have used them for getting stuff from Amazon sellers that only ship to the US.

Computers, Amateur Radio, Electronics, Aviation - 1dazzrAbMqNu6cUwh2dtYckNygG7jKs8S
friedcat
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 848
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 09:51:18 AM

We confirm that kosmokramer has successfully ordered another 50 USBs from us and they are shipped out.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: