Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:29:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Block Erupter USB Out of Stock - kosmo will be back!  (Read 33261 times)
buyer99

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 03:13:27 AM

Got mine today, awesome job Kramer! Thanks a bunch!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kosmokramer (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

The Assman: CEO of Vandelay Import/Export, Inc.

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 04:09:23 PM

I'm so glad you've all been getting the hardware (fast!) and have been satisfied with my service. I'm amazed at how you guys come back here so diligently to report updates - it really means a lot to get feedback for my hard work and it's really appreciated.

firstbits: 1kosmo | PGP Public Key
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 08:24:35 PM

I'm so glad you've all been getting the hardware (fast!) and have been satisfied with my service. I'm amazed at how you guys come back here so diligently to report updates - it really means a lot to get feedback for my hard work and it's really appreciated.

I wish you are still facilitating Block Erupter sales. I sold all 84 Block Erupters in about 3 days on Ebay! I sold them much faster than I was expecting, and it provided me with some decent income as well. I am very happy that I decided to do it and with your services!  I'm about ready for round 2 as soon as I get my funds back into Bitcoins. Wink

Let me know if you start selling these again, and I will be your first customer.

Thanks,

Ch
Tranz
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052

May the force bit with you.

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 09:54:02 PM

Got mine, and they are mining away!

Thanks again!

HBN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303749.0 hobonickels.info
Personal Donations: F1TranzWqFGZyFeTMu6iLbtTQgdXuJPsiL
Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE or 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw
kosmokramer (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 07:12:45 AM

I have two gold erupters for whomever PMs me first. 2.25 BTC total ... ships tomorrow via USPS Priority!!

bitcoindaddy

Activity: 481
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 02:46:38 PM

What are we going to do about this news, where previous purchasers can buy a USB block erupter for 0.1 BTC:

(Use google translate if necessary):

http://ttbit.sinaapp.com/t/50

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=261523.0
kosmokramer (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 03:10:31 PM

What are we going to do about this news, where previous purchasers can buy a USB block erupter for 0.1 BTC:

(Use google translate if necessary):

http://ttbit.sinaapp.com/t/50

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=261523.0

I've tried to translate a bit, and while I do possibly see some people (customers?) talking about buying them for 0.1  BTC, I don't see friedcat talking on that thread at all. Is there any other proof of this claim?

Are they perhaps mis-interpreting this article to imply that ASICMiner will be priced at 0.1 BTC? As far as I can tell, it's referencing raw Avalon chips with no PCB or assembly - quite different than what ASICMiner has been offering.

reactor

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 03:22:12 PM

The fire sale on Amazon has already started, four vendors sub $100 now. 

Best case scenario, all transactions are recorded in group buy threads because all the organizers rock, so if there are going to be massive purchases it's basically give folks a window of X days to claim it, otherwise group buy leader can purchase their units at the low price. 

But this is all rumor. Cheesy
agibby5

Activity: 267

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 01:06:12 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=261797.msg2816340#msg2816340
Tranz
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 01:54:05 AM

Hopefully the .1 for previous buyers is true. Hopefully those who bought at 2 and 1 btc are able to get that same deal. Hopefully Kosmo does another group buy!

Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE or 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 02:09:24 AM

Hopefully the .1 for previous buyers is true. Hopefully those who bought at 2 and 1 btc are able to get that same deal. Hopefully Kosmo does another group buy!
see the OP here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=261797.0
kosmokramer (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 03:49:41 PM

Hello everyone - I was bombarded with PMs this weekend asking for block erupters at 0.1 BTC. I stopped selling these a while ago. I don't have any of these in-stock and have not seen any official public announcements yet about how to acquire the discounted units.

I've only seen rumors that state some users may be entitled to get discounted units (quantity equal to 1/3 of what you've ordered so far). Those same rumors seem to state that specific details won't be made available until August 5th ('The exact method of coupon distribution will be announced when coupon units arrive, which should be around August 5th.')

Hopefully you all trust that I'll continue to take care of you in every way that's in my power - my time is very limited at the moment and I can't afford to be shipping out hundreds of these miners for no profit. When the official announcement is made, I'll evaluate the price that is being offered, determine what I would need to earn in order to resume re-selling these products, and then make a public announcement myself if I decide to proceed. In addition, if there is any way to pass this coupon onto you in order to have you redeem for yourself, I'll be more than happy to do that. That would be ideal as I really am not keen on group buys and have little interest in resuming sales in that manner.

Please be patient for another week or so while more details roll out. Thanks.

Chronikka

Activity: 658
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 10:06:08 PM

Hello everyone - I was bombarded with PMs this weekend asking for block erupters at 0.1 BTC. I stopped selling these a while ago. I don't have any of these in-stock and have not seen any official public announcements yet about how to acquire the discounted units.

I've only seen rumors that state some users may be entitled to get discounted units (quantity equal to 1/3 of what you've ordered so far). Those same rumors seem to state that specific details won't be made available until August 5th ('The exact method of coupon distribution will be announced when coupon units arrive, which should be around August 5th.')

Hopefully you all trust that I'll continue to take care of you in every way that's in my power - my time is very limited at the moment and I can't afford to be shipping out hundreds of these miners for no profit. When the official announcement is made, I'll evaluate the price that is being offered, determine what I would need to earn in order to resume re-selling these products, and then make a public announcement myself if I decide to proceed. In addition, if there is any way to pass this coupon onto you in order to have you redeem for yourself, I'll be more than happy to do that. That would be ideal as I really am not keen on group buys and have little interest in resuming sales in that manner.

Please be patient for another week or so while more details roll out. Thanks.

Thanks a lot kosmo. Looking out for us as always. I don't think it would be fair for asicminer or friedcat to expect you to be a middle man for no gain. A simple confirmation from you on how many units each of us ordered so they know how many discounted units we are entitled. It shouldn't be that difficult to implement.

I just hope they make it easy and take care of us because these price drops are very suspicious...

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination"  -Albert Einstein
Tranz
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 02:32:41 AM

It seems at least are getting response from AM, any word here Kosmo?  I know you are busy and don't want to work for free. Personally I would be ok with you reselling them at .15 or maybe even .2? Could still be a nice chunk of change!

Thanks!

reactor

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 11:16:54 AM

It seems at least are getting response from AM, any word here Kosmo?  I know you are busy and don't want to work for free. Personally I would be ok with you reselling them at .15 or maybe even .2? Could still be a nice chunk of change!

Thanks!

Quite frankly it would be nice if friendcat would make an announcement and we didn't have to get sporadic updates by different people opening up different sales at different times with different information regarding what the program will be (notice all the use of different?  we have no clue still).  I've yet to see a single ASIC vendor actually act like a business when it comes to dealing with customers and setting expectations.  Everyone is still a BFL, except they're (slowly) shipping.  AM has to get with the program before a more professional vendor blows them out of the water with professionalism and quick delivery.
Chronikka

Activity: 658
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 12:25:59 PM

It seems at least are getting response from AM, any word here Kosmo?  I know you are busy and don't want to work for free. Personally I would be ok with you reselling them at .15 or maybe even .2? Could still be a nice chunk of change!

Thanks!

Quite frankly it would be nice if friendcat would make an announcement and we didn't have to get sporadic updates by different people opening up different sales at different times with different information regarding what the program will be (notice all the use of different?  we have no clue still).  I've yet to see a single ASIC vendor actually act like a business when it comes to dealing with customers and setting expectations.  Everyone is still a BFL, except they're (slowly) shipping.  AM has to get with the program before a more professional vendor blows them out of the water with professionalism and quick delivery.

Sadly enough AM is probably the most professional ASIC vendor currently in the market. I think AM specifically tried to stay out of the BFL model and they did a fairly good job. The USB eruptors are the first asic that any new or casual miner can afford. And while it may not be a consistent 1-2 week delivery time they are still pretty good about hitting estimates. But everybody wants to talk about AM's return on investment...and maybe its not that high. But you will make your money back you just wont get rich. But then again if it was that easy to get rich, AM would just build the machines and keep them lol.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination"  -Albert Einstein
roy7

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 12:32:25 PM

But everybody wants to talk about AM's return on investment...and maybe its not that high. But you will make your money back you just wont get rich. But then again if it was that easy to get rich, AM would just build the machines and keep them lol.

If the ROI is too high, then AM is charging too little. So many people (not saying you are one of them) don't seem to realize AM is a for-profit business, not a charity.
reactor

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 01:09:21 PM

But everybody wants to talk about AM's return on investment...and maybe its not that high. But you will make your money back you just wont get rich. But then again if it was that easy to get rich, AM would just build the machines and keep them lol.

If the ROI is too high, then AM is charging too little. So many people (not saying you are one of them) don't seem to realize AM is a for-profit business, not a charity.

It isn't even about ROI at this point, it's about communication.  Let them tell folks when product will be released and the pricing, that makes group buys fair.  People can make their own estimates based on network hashrate increases (can almost guarantee 15% plus per increase at this rate) just like people are choosing to buy or not buy these (or K1's).  But long periods of silence with the only information being A, B, C, D, and E reporting slightly different info from the source is pointless.  In any non-money printing box industry companies sink or swim on this kind of thing, the only reason any of these companies gets away with it is because BTC is still in an infancy stage and there is nobody professional in the vendor market to set the benchmark.

Again, hope we can't still have this conversation in Feb/2014, but not so sure. :/
buyer99

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2013, 06:14:55 AM

Thanks Kramer! It would certainly be impressive if AM rewarded those who have purchased(earlier) at higher prices. It could be an excellent oppurtunity for you to get alot in stock for cheap. Ill pay any fair price. Especially in stock...

kosmokramer (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 08:38:09 PM

As has been hinted by others above, I'm hesitating to really make any statements until I'm contacted with clear instructions from an official source (i.e. friedcat) about what the offer is. I have an email in to friedcat and will update this thread if/when he replies. I'm still hoping to hear a positive answer about allowing someone else to step in and fulfill these discounted orders for me. I would make an announcement asking you to contact me about ordering additional units, and if you qualify, I would pass that info on to the designated user who will fulfill these orders in a one-time large group buy. You would likely have a week or so to place those orders if this goes through.

Again, please wait until I hear from friedcat - assume if I'm not posting an update on this thread, he has yet to provide me with an update, and unfortunately I can't offer much without that!

Thanks all for your patience and understanding - I know you want these discounted units and I'm doing my best to align all the stars so you can get what you're owed, regardless of whether or not I'm still an active ASICM re-seller Wink

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: