Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:14:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 107 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will bitcoin replace gold?  (Read 15623 times)
Hamstead

Activity: 805
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:29:18 AM

Bitcoin and gold are totally different from each other. There is no aspect that make them similar. Gold is a kind of metal that can be found on earth, not a digital thing just like bitcoin. So there is no reason that bitcoin will replace gold, only they are fighting on price in the market as both of them are competing to become top.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Delisaara

Activity: 387
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 11:36:44 PM

gold can not be replaced with bitcoin,maybe bitcoin prices that could exceed the price of gold,
gold is there first before there is bitcoin.

███    TWITTER    MEGATRON      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                     THE RISE OF BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION                  LAUNCH EVENT    ███
███  TELEGRAM     WEBSITE           FACEBOOK      ███
c0inHnt3r

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 11:49:26 PM

I'm sure for some people it already has. For example the guys who sold all his life savings to live in a tent has put his full faith in it. That faith and portability is all that is needed for a gold method of currency. When bitcoin is compared to the tulip bulb craze the person shows a lack of understanding of history. The tulips had a purpose before the craze as something for the garden. Bitcoin was exclusively designed as a currency. It has time and again proven  its ability to evolve and manage bumps in the road. Bitcoin is here to stay. It may evolve slightly. The equipment used to transaction verification my change but it has come at the right time. If it came during the dial up era or before people were comfortable with online transactions, it would have failed to challenge the major fiat currencies. In this time the only thing that can stop it is government intervention. But as long as the government is run by elected people its death is not likely.
assyla

Activity: 319

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 12:05:38 AM

Gold in general is no better. The value of gold is nothing more than a result of a global consensus - at the moment everyone agrees to consider gold a measure of value, simply because this measure is in some form or another necessary. If we assume a utopian situation, that tomorrow everyone agrees that gold is not such a measure, then it will be good only for the production of quality wires and trinkets.
The btc is gaining momentum for exactly the same reason - the global consensus towards the btc is constantly being strengthened. In this case, unlike gold, the cue-ball is not only a measure of value, but also a settlement system, and gold is not a competitor for this parameter.
I think bitcoin will not replace the gold because gold is used in different accessories in which it is tangible while bitcoin were not, they have different factors that are differ to each other so tht dont compare them to each others.

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
Firefly Foundation

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 08:35:31 AM

The gold will never be replaced. Bitcoin and gold are very different things, bitcoin exist in the invisible internet.
Psalms23

Activity: 504
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 05:04:04 PM

Gold in general is no better. The value of gold is nothing more than a result of a global consensus - at the moment everyone agrees to consider gold a measure of value, simply because this measure is in some form or another necessary. If we assume a utopian situation, that tomorrow everyone agrees that gold is not such a measure, then it will be good only for the production of quality wires and trinkets.
The btc is gaining momentum for exactly the same reason - the global consensus towards the btc is constantly being strengthened. In this case, unlike gold, the cue-ball is not only a measure of value, but also a settlement system, and gold is not a competitor for this parameter.

I dont really quiet agree with gold as nothing more than a result of a global consensus. Gold is being used as expensive jewelry and there are many who would spend a lot of fortune just to be seen sparkling with gold. Aside from that, its quality as a metal has also been very useful and expensive for electronics. This is what really make a gap between gold and bitcoin which has no real physical state and cannot be used aside from being a currency.
sunsilk

Activity: 2912
Merit: 620

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 05:05:51 PM

It is very unlikely for bitcoin to replace gold. Bitcoin is not much stable like gold is.

It is not going to happen that bitcoin will replace gold. And I have read a lot of thread that many people are keep on comparing gold to bitcoin and bitcoin to gold.

They are both profitable and when it comes to the choice many are into bitcoin now because of the popularity of it's pricing and while others are staying to gold.

But a wise investor both are good for a stay so if I were you, I'll go with bitcoin and gold as long as I can avail and I have some spare.

Carreuh

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 05:20:07 PM

I think gold and bitcoin are not comparable. Because gold more likely to be anti inflation. While bitcoin is an investment that certainly provides benefits in terms value as well solution to usual financial transactions we do.

JTASSOCIATES

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 05:24:23 PM

Brother why you want to replace Gold by Bitcoin. Gold is an asset and Bitcoin is crypto currency both are very much valuable in it's kind. So both are not going to replace.

▂▂▃▃  TRADE CRYPTOCURRENCIES | INDEXES | FUNDS ▃▃▂▂
●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬● BITOTAL.COM ●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●
░▒▓█ DEPOSIT BONUS | 0% TRADE FEES | WIDE COIN OFFER | EXCLUSIVE ICO'S █▓▒░
daenarys_stormborn

Activity: 756

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 05:25:39 PM

I think bitcoin still can not replace gold, because gold itself has a different value, that is gold can be used as an accessory, while bitcoin is not, so the level of one's wealth can be in value if using gold as an accessory

frowsiter

Activity: 714
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 06:15:41 PM

Why compare two different assets if they are not even close to each other in terms of characteristic of an asset.

The vaibility of each of these assets depend on the use, interest and attraction of population in the world. As a whole gold is precious metal being traded since dark ages and that's why it's compatibility is different than bitcoin. Bitcoin stands differently and in the lightening world it stands as digital asset.

The comparison ? Well, it defines the price and growth potential for them. The bitcoin definitely stands a chance in the near future to capture the whole market cap of multi billion dollar industry.
celebrated

Activity: 6

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 06:16:02 PM

i think bitcoin and gold is different and bitcoin can not replace gold because gold have physical form and bitcoin is not. bitcoin and gold is work from different ways and both is the best investment now but people is still considering to buy gold than bitcoin. beside that, the market of gold is different and there is more difference between bitcoin and gold and we can not say that bitcoin will replace gold. but if there an empty supply for gold material then bitcoin can replace gold.
ajmapalo22

Activity: 266
Merit: 122

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 06:20:05 PM

I think the market of gold is different with bitcoins although they have been always compared on value appreciation but their target market were different..gold focuses on investors who is willing to buy them and kept in a long run unlike bitcoin which market considered to be all members of the society in fact even students were looking for bitcoin..it is a currency not just an asset...I guess its more of bitcoin will replace soon the paper money
gaston castano

Activity: 1526
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 06:28:32 PM

Currently, Bitcoin may replace gold, investment in BItcoin is very promising to see prices and cycles of rising and falling bitcoin prices is the cause of people who are switching to invest their wealth in Bitcoin although the risk of investing in Bitcoin is huge, but for my long term see more potential gold is very promising because gold is easy to save and gold is still popular today and the price will surely jump in the next few years.
BIG Tyrese

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 06:32:59 PM

It'll never replace gold. Gold is rare enough to mean something. But its an alternative. I don't think people would like to base their fiat money on Bitcoin though so gold will still be a backup to your money.
Hannahanto

Activity: 826
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 06:37:57 PM

Bitcoin's rate has become so high that people love to invest in bitcoin than gold.  Its so even secured to keep bitcoin with us than gold.  Bitcoin holders may get more profit than gold holders now.  
CurrencyMaster

Activity: 93
Merit: 5

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 06:40:40 PM

Gold and bitcoins are two different entities and cannot be replaced..Gold is physical and Bitcoin is virtual is the main difference.
so till all the generation come across bitcoin as they have been seeing gold..its going to remain as it is and wont be replaced.!

█ █   TIPPER   |   THE SOCIAL ECONOMY   █ █
█████████     ICO LIVE NOW     █████████
━━━━━   WWW.TIPPERECONOMY.IO   ━━━━━
krhnrhn

Activity: 462
Merit: 306

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 06:42:52 PM

Yes! it is possible. If I have saving money, I buy btc and altcoins. This is completely my saving and investing method. Gold is so slow and is not a good idea.
BlackFawkes

Activity: 12

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 06:43:47 PM

BTC and gold have some common points but can't be compared. One is physical, the other is virtual.
jesgatt

Activity: 6

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 06:44:07 PM

I think YES !!!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 107 »
  Print  

Jump to: