Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:12:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 107 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will bitcoin replace gold?  (Read 15623 times)
Open4lies

Activity: 552
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 07:57:13 PM

I think bitcoin and gold are two different and separate things, bitcoin is not a gold competitor because market share is different, if any say bitcoin can replace gold then it will never happen, gold until whenever will be accepted and price stable while bitcoin not necessarily can last 100 years.

I agree with you, Bitcoin and Gold are not related to dropping between Bitcoin and Gold because gold is longer found than bitcoin Wink
thats true, i think though bitcoin is becoming popular and is widely used for investments or such as, bitcoin will not be possible to replace gold, let alone i do not think that bitcoin is a competitor for gold, both of them are not directly related you know? although bitcoin price rises it will not make the gold price down right ?
That's right, Bitcoin and Gold are different, the price of Bitcoin can not affect the price of Gold, because Gold is not a part of the cryptocurrency market. But, Bitcoin can affects the opinion of investors in the whole world. Because in this year, the volatility of the Bitcoin market always better than the Gold market, it can helps the investmore gain more profits and faster than Gold.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wxa7115

Activity: 2716
Merit: 704

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 10:13:22 PM

no cant, bitcoin will be bitcoin digital currensy ( online investment)
gold (offline investment) invest in bot of them is good
This is a nice way to see it, you cannot go wrong by investing in both bitcoin and gold, while both are forms of money each one of them serves a different purpose, if you are already comfortable with the amount of money that you have you can easily buy gold and retain your purchasing power but if you want to make profits there is nothing better in the world than bitcoin.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
howtobuy

Activity: 107
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 10:19:59 PM

Bitcoin can't replace gold. Gold has been around as store of value for thousands of years, digital age will not change that. But bitcoin is slowly becoming a store of value of modern times. Myself I invest in both - diversification is always advisable for any investments. 
gokudera

Activity: 256
Merit: 36

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 11:05:10 PM

Gold in general is no better. The value of gold is nothing more than a result of a global consensus - at the moment everyone agrees to consider gold a measure of value, simply because this measure is in some form or another necessary. If we assume a utopian situation, that tomorrow everyone agrees that gold is not such a measure, then it will be good only for the production of quality wires and trinkets.
The btc is gaining momentum for exactly the same reason - the global consensus towards the btc is constantly being strengthened. In this case, unlike gold, the cue-ball is not only a measure of value, but also a settlement system, and gold is not a competitor for this parameter.
It is like Bitcoin or Fiat but again different things have different uses. Gold is usually use as a pay for bill or as a money and it is usually use to accessories that bitcoin cant do because bitcoin is not tangible.

loremz

Activity: 54
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 02:46:31 AM

I think for me gold is the best ,becaused gold is a natural resources of our nature
Minionnn

Activity: 204

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 04:35:02 AM

I think bitcoin can not replace gold. Although the bitcoon value increases, but gold is a precious metal, it has aesthetic value that bitcoin does not have.

mia khalifa

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 04:44:57 AM

Gold in general is no better. The value of gold is nothing more than a result of a global consensus - at the moment everyone agrees to consider gold a measure of value, simply because this measure is in some form or another necessary. If we assume a utopian situation, that tomorrow everyone agrees that gold is not such a measure, then it will be good only for the production of quality wires and trinkets.
The btc is gaining momentum for exactly the same reason - the global consensus towards the btc is constantly being strengthened. In this case, unlike gold, the cue-ball is not only a measure of value, but also a settlement system, and gold is not a competitor for this parameter.

it seems impossible because gold has a lot of availability and is still expensive, gold still exists but its price may be much cheaper than bitcoin.
webdevmastery

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 05:03:13 AM

it seems impossible because gold has a lot of availability and is still expensive, gold still exists but its price may be much cheaper than bitcoin.

It is possible but it take more years before bitcoin will replace gold, There are a lot of professional traders who invest in bitcoins because the value of this coins are consistently increasing and maybe in the near future it will really surpass the value of gold since everyone is mining this coins.
Gens09

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 05:07:05 AM

I guess bitcoin and gold are almost the same in a matter but physical gold i guess cannot be replacr by bitcoin this is impossible because gold is a natural mineral so mean it is precious and also it is a physical not just a virtual thing like bitcoin so i guess it is impossible what this thread is thinking i guess there is no way it will happened.
Latviand

Activity: 1540
Merit: 219

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 05:11:12 AM

Ita very difficult when times that the bitcoin compare to the gold. Cause we know that the gold is using from late centuries or millenium until now. So the gold is in terms of economics its a oldest for all. And we know that the bitcoin is have an expensive value than the gold. But when you see it. Gold is known by all people even though people who don't know internet.
natekim07

Activity: 58

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 05:19:56 AM

yes, i believe bitcoin is getting way more powerful
greenclub09

Activity: 560
Merit: 102

BBOD - The Best Crypto Derivatives Exchange

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 05:45:44 AM

bitcoin is a new cryptocurrency has just been existed recently, it just a new digital money and can not represent an economy of a country. however, gold has been existed for a very longtime and used to trade for manythings so it has been a great symbol to represent a power of country and become a symbol of entire economy. So gold has more value than bitcoin, bitcoin will never or take a very hard and long time to replace bitcoin.

MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 05:51:57 AM

Ita very difficult when times that the bitcoin compare to the gold. Cause we know that the gold is using from late centuries or millenium until now. So the gold is in terms of economics its a oldest for all. And we know that the bitcoin is have an expensive value than the gold. But when you see it. Gold is known by all people even though people who don't know internet.
But i think that when more and more people will come to know about bitcoin, it will then become more popular and expensive. Gold is too much popular but only such people are using it who want to save their assets, because bitcoin has a very stable price and we can observe a very little change in the price of Gold. While bitcoin is the selection of those people who want to increase their assets, because they know that bitcoin has the potential to give them good profit. Therefore in present time we use bitcoin for trading and investment purposes.
Mr. Thang

Activity: 110

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 05:56:22 AM

It does not mean that if bitcoin's value is increasing and its supply is also limited, it can replace gold. Do remember that gold has been around since time immemorial. Countries use their gold reserves as a basis for the value of their currency, and suddenly replacing it with bitcoin can result to a massive inflation around the world, which would disrupt the equilibrium and order of each country's respective economy. Not to mention, gold is tangible while bitcoin is not.

susuberuang

Activity: 926

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 06:23:58 AM

yes this could happen but this is very long because bitcoin for now the price can be very expensive due to limited availability factor, but if gold in making that mean then the gold will also be more expensive.
ruthbabe

Activity: 966
Merit: 275

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 06:37:22 AM

Why is gold no better? I'm wearing right now a 20K gold necklace, 20K bracelet, and a 22k gold ring, so, tell me where can I find to buy Bitcoin bracelets, necklace, and ring? I like gold and I like Bitcoin too. Bitcoin is a digital asset and its price is unstable so, it's risky as compared to gold.

8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:37:47 AM

Why is gold no better? I'm wearing right now a 20K gold necklace, 20K bracelet, and a 22k gold ring, so, tell me where can I find to buy Bitcoin bracelets, necklace, and ring? I like gold and I like Bitcoin too. Bitcoin is a digital asset and its price is unstable so, it's risky as compared to gold.

That is why investing to bitcoin and gold is wise. With the gold investment, I mean physical gold, you can regularly appreciate it by wearing them while having a potential to sell it at a higher price in the future. While in bitcoin, you can potentially earn more by just holding in just a short period of time.
DarkIT

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:40:02 AM

That is why investing to bitcoin and gold is wise. With the gold investment, I mean physical gold, you can regularly appreciate it by wearing them while having a potential to sell it at a higher price in the future. While in bitcoin, you can potentially earn more by just holding in just a short period of time.
yes, that is what people often say. but most big investors, prefer to buy physical gold, and keep it, because the price is very expensive, and always increase over time. they are the ones who are patient for doing so. but, for bitcoin, they always make use of it for short-term investments.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
CPLAY - IDO█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L   
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
mashort

Activity: 281

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:57:56 AM

i don't think bitcoin will replace gold, gold has other functionalities related to electronics. however, both act as a store of value and i think on that basis, gold and bitcoin might be similar or even bitcoin might end up becoming a better store of value than gold. both require mining and with time, mining bitcoin will become more difficult than gold (if it is not already). when all 21 million bitcoins are exhausted, bitcoin will become a more valuable store of value than gold but that does not mean it will replace gold.
SmallBit

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:23:06 AM

No because you can't create various rings, earrings out of bitcoin, you just can buy them with bitcoin Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 107 »
  Print  

Jump to: