Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:55:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 107 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will bitcoin replace gold?  (Read 15623 times)
Tahsin Kabir Kollol

Activity: 1610
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 01:50:27 AM

It will not possible that Bitcoin will replace Gold.Because Bitcoin and Gold are not the same things.People use gold as jewelry and wear gold jewelry is a tradition.On the other hand, Gold is valuable metal since people started to use it.Bitcoin will replace Gold in the sector of investment but not completely. Because only a few people know about bitcoin and gold is more popular than bitcoin among the general public.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BAGOBO
Legendary

Activity: 1163
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 02:06:06 AM

for people who know Crypto world, I think they prefer Bitcoin rather than Gold. Bitcoin is better for price movements than Gold.
darrly

Activity: 165
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 02:13:50 AM

No. I think bitcoin cannot replace gold. Afterall it is very hard to produce or find these precious golds. They also have different applications. Bitcoin is widely as currency for transactions and such while gold have many applications from jewelry to electronics to medical.

Jannatul Shefa

Activity: 312
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 02:23:01 AM

Sooth to say i really don't think so.Yeah i agree bitcoin became a number one online currency.But still Gold is a precious metal.And people use it traditionally.
Now a days the price of gold isn't good.That's why it can be possible that people invest more in bitcoin.But still Gold has it's ownexistence.So it won't be possible to replace gold.

Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 02:41:57 AM

no bitcoin cant replace gold for the world.bitcoin is to much instable for a lot of long term investors.
or when  ww3 breaks out, i think gold will help u more ;-)
Gold will only take you so far, and having gold is something that is only viable early- and post-war, since you're going to see fiat lose a lot of value for a variety of reasons, which would take all kinds of forms. In the actual war, if you are within any conflict zone, you won't be doing a lot of trading at all, and I hope you have a lot more valuable goods like food, water and toilet paper to use, since you won't be getting your hands on a lot of that in a ready capacity. Otherwise, if you're outside of conflict zones, then great! You'll just be on rations, but there will (hopefully) be a supply.
KeeKit

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 01:22:00 PM

Buying an actual physical gold may be a good idea though you will have to spend for safe storage and have to physically sell it when you need money for something. Buying bitcoin or any cryptocurrency for that matter is less-hassle way. It's value is increasing and you can always bring your wallet with you on your phone or laptop. It is never too late to invest.  You may check this link for more information: www.propthereum.io
kateryana81

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 12:52:55 PM

Completely accept you. Why substitute some thing. oust and other extremes? People experienced precious metal, bitcoin made an appearance, every single day something new appeared. By the way, cars did not completely substitute farm pets.
Gold is different thing and bitcoin is different gold is actually a valuable metal and bitcoin is a currency in gold you can lose your money and bitcoin will always give you a profit because in bitcoin you do daily trade and mining and investment and its price is going to increase every time as compare to gold so bitcoin is much better then gold.
martinbridger

Activity: 38

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 01:14:02 PM

When people mine gold on the moon and it won't cost you anything, then Yes
rpg

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 01:43:26 PM

Completely accept you. Why substitute some thing. oust and other extremes? People experienced precious metal, bitcoin made an appearance, every single day something new appeared. By the way, cars did not completely substitute farm pets.
Gold is different thing and bitcoin is different gold is actually a valuable metal and bitcoin is a currency in gold you can lose your money and bitcoin will always give you a profit because in bitcoin you do daily trade and mining and investment and its price is going to increase every time as compare to gold so bitcoin is much better then gold.

really. Bitcoin is not  gold, it better. You can send it to anyone in few minutes, you can hold it in 2 places at a time. You can split it to get any amount.
twicezeroiszero

Activity: 840

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 12:04:03 PM

really. Bitcoin is not  gold, it better. You can send it to anyone in few minutes, you can hold it in 2 places at a time. You can split it to get any amount.
But, can you use it as a jewelry?
Can you use it without internet connection?
You will not access your Bitcoin wallet if you live in a place have not internet while Gold can sell anywhere, all people want to buy Gold.
In my opinion, both are good.

Tra

╓███▄
                            ]████▌
                            ]███▀
         ╓▄▄█████████▄▄    ,▄█▀  
      ▄████▀▀█████µ   `▀▓██▀`    

╓████╜   ╙███████▄▄█▀▀`▀▄    
   ]███▌        "▀██████▌    ▓Ç  
   ]███        ,▄█▀" ▀████   ]█  

▓██      ▄█▀▀     ▓███▌  á█  
     ▀██╖ ╓▄█▀        ▓███▌ ▄█▌  
       ▀███▒         ╓███████`   

,▄██╜"▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀      
   ,▄██▀                         
  ▄██▌                           

╓████▌                           
█████┘                           
 ▀▀▀                             
ion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
 Transitions You to A Crypto-ready Society 

Github   Telegram   Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Reddit   Youtube
 TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO 
u
\ \ \ \
/ / / /
PRE-SALE STARTS APRIL 15, 2018
/ / / /
\ \ \ \
u
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Kayum10029

Activity: 1190
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 02:52:23 PM

I dont think so. In the end game Gold is still a precious metal and a beautiful thing in the eyes of a person. Bitcoin is a different story as it is a very good way to make transactions so as for the better currency the bitcoin would be best of two as for my opinion.
yes may be one day bitcoin will replace the valuable metal named as gold. bitcoin is more prefer than gold. gold is used to making luxurious jweellary. but bitcoin is used many ways

ASICHEAD

Activity: 552

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 02:53:19 PM

no bitcoin cant replace gold for the world.bitcoin is to much instable for a lot of long term investors.
or when  ww3 breaks out, i think gold will help u more ;-)
Gold will only take you so far, and having gold is something that is only viable early- and post-war, since you're going to see fiat lose a lot of value for a variety of reasons, which would take all kinds of forms. In the actual war, if you are within any conflict zone, you won't be doing a lot of trading at all, and I hope you have a lot more valuable goods like food, water and toilet paper to use, since you won't be getting your hands on a lot of that in a ready capacity. Otherwise, if you're outside of conflict zones, then great! You'll just be on rations, but there will (hopefully) be a supply.
The history of the world proved Gold always has high value than other asset, currency after world war. Bitcoin is a new asset of this century, I do not want to take high risk with a currency if world war happen. Instead, I can choose Gold or foods and some things needed for my life in that time.

▄███▄
███████▄
██████▀██▄
█████▄  ▀██▄
████▀  ▄  ▀██▄
███▄ ▄██▀   ▀
██████▀  ▄█▄
███████▄█████▄
███████████████▄
████████████████▀
█████████▀
███████▀
 ▀███▀
Safein     
.M A K E   I S I M P L E.
A   R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   W A Y   T O   P A Y   O N L I N E
[WHITEPAPER]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████▀░░░░░▐████
███████████████░░░░░░░▐████
██████████████▌░░░▐████████
███████████░░░░░░░░░░░█████
███████████░░░░░░░░░░▐█████
▀█████████████▌░░░▐███████▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████▀███████▀░░░▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌░░▀▀███▌░░░░░░░▄█████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
██████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
███████▄▄░░░░░░░░▄█████████
██████▄░░░░░░░▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀░░░░███████
████████▀▀▀░░░▄▀░░░████████
█████▄░░░░░▄█▀░░░░░████████
████████▄░█▀░░░░░░█████████
█████████▌▐░░░░░░░█████████
██████████░▄██▄░░██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
A
▬▬

█▄▄
██████▄▄
██████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄
██████████████████▄▄
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀
██████████████▀▀
██████████▀▀
██████▀▀
█▀▀
.GET IT ON               
Google Play
stevanprice

Activity: 40

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 02:59:35 PM

I think Bitcoin will not replace Gold, Gold is real while Bitcoin is Digital, but if it is about price, Bitcoin has defeated Gold ...
bitcoin and gold have more specific characteristics and basically the function is almost the same that is for investment, but there is a difference here people may prefer gold because stored in a long time will be safe and there is a reality. people are more confident with something that looks different from bitcoin that the level of security and risk we do not know and the shape was not visible.
Oulay

Activity: 133
Merit: 37

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 03:05:52 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2017, 08:07:21 PM by Oulay

Why can't gold and bitcoin coexist?
Yes they are both assets that you can invest in but each one of them has its own attributes and use.
Actually imo bitcoin dying has a much higher probability than it replacing gold..

You need to know, bitcoin has a limited supply. In contrast to the gold that can be produced by a person without limit. And that's what will make gold will be worthless.

And tell me how do you produce gold???

My list of threads giving away merits: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3048258.0
chicobr

Activity: 235
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 03:22:58 PM

I don't think that Bitcoin will replace gold. This is due to of the fact that every thing has own role. Bitcoin is a digital money. It is both a means of payment and a kind of financial asset. Gold is a kind of hoarding property. They don't need to compare
syamster

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 03:36:58 PM

I believe bitcoin won't replace gold. Because, bitcoin is not always recognized through the wider neighborhood. While gold can be recognized by the community.
Many people seeks bitcoin than gold because it is easy to find and earn from bitcoin rather than gold. But still gold will not replace by bitcoin because there is use of gold that bitcoin has not. Bitcoin and gold has different characteristics and functions that cannot be raplace by each other.

Yes I think bitcoin can replace gold as bitcoin replaced other crypto from market so there is no doubt that bitcoin can also replace gold and I’m sure that after some time bitcoin will be able to replace paper money as well so bitcoin is one of the fast growing currency in market and day by day its going more high and stronger.

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
acener

Activity: 1274
Merit: 115

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 03:57:30 PM

Gold in general is no better. The value of gold is nothing more than a result of a global consensus - at the moment everyone agrees to consider gold a measure of value, simply because this measure is in some form or another necessary. If we assume a utopian situation, that tomorrow everyone agrees that gold is not such a measure, then it will be good only for the production of quality wires and trinkets.
The btc is gaining momentum for exactly the same reason - the global consensus towards the btc is constantly being strengthened. In this case, unlike gold, the cue-ball is not only a measure of value, but also a settlement system, and gold is not a competitor for this parameter.

There is a possibility that bitcoin could replace gold simply because of it’s high value and increasing value. Gold’s value is high too, but the increase of it is not gradual, and that is bitcoin’s advantage.

Joshapat

Activity: 1526
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:12:53 PM

Gold will be hard to replace with anything including bitcoin, I'm sure even though bitcoin is legalized by all countries then gold will continue to be used and become the first choice of investment, this is because gold has a physical form, can be seen, accepted by anyone and anywhere.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

dbutp

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:25:14 PM

Bitcoins can not replace gold because gold is not only of economic value but also of aesthetic value. bitcoin has no aesthetic value.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS      [ TowerX ]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
FACEBOOK        MEDIUM        TWITTER        LINKEDIN        REDDIT        TELEGRAM
Wardtr

Activity: 16

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:28:46 PM

I don't think that cryptocurrencies will ever replace gold, for a number of reasons. For one, cryptos are strictly forms of currency, whereas gold has many other time-tested applications, from jewelry to dentistry to electronics.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 107 »
  Print  

Jump to: