Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:17:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 107 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will bitcoin replace gold?  (Read 15623 times)
FasTroy

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 02:32:12 PM

No, bitcoin won't replace gold. Gold will keep existing because some people prefer physical things and it's beautiful. It's also more stable than bitcoin so some people like it more than bitcoin.
You are right, but when we talk about the value, bitcoin will automatically beat the gold. It's right that the value of gold increase each year, but it not increase too much like bitcoin, It's a very low difference compared to the volatility of bitcoin and the high increase of price over the years.

TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitfornewbs

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 02:39:36 PM

It's a different matter. It's a big no for me. Bitcoin can't replace gold there's a big difference between the two. Bitcoin is a form of currency and it's different from gold which is a form of metal where there's a value on it and can be tested as a jewelry or things are formed from gold. At the same time, the two can be an investment but in different purpose and it's different approach for people. People see gold a precious thing and has a value on it . So Bitcoin will not replace gold.
dewynijhof

Activity: 292
Merit: 11

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 03:11:02 PM

bitcoin is a kind of cryptocurrency, has just been born recently with many advantages but gold has been born from very longtime and be a symbol of an economy, so if bitcoin want to replace,it is not impossible but it will take a lot of time to be a symbol of whole world.

tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 03:19:03 PM

Both bitcoin and gold are completely different in my opinion and though bitcoin is gaining more momentum in present times one should remember that gold has always been there. People have confidence in it and it has never failed people. Also gold is pretty useful in different things. However bitcoin is a totally different type of asset. And it has not gained acceptance everywhere. Also bitcoin is decentralised. Not bound to any regulations. This makes it a good and a bad thing as well as people will find it difficult to lean towards bitcoin.
raking

Activity: 159

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 03:30:14 PM

I do not think so. btc and gold, I don't notice  any relationship. If btc receives global consensus, it will also not be able to replace gold,but It will become the global currency, the strongest currency.
saekotye07

Activity: 305
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 03:31:55 PM

for me GOLD is a mineral that you can see all over the world yes it's have a big value but if you going to compared it to bitcoin. they have a similar on the price but different in the aspect...

◆Telegram  ♞♞♚♚    EOSBET- Be the house, get dividends   ♚♚♞♞  ◆Whitepaper
◆Twitter    ♚♞   Instant dividend payouts based on house profit   ♞♚    ◆Reddit         
Fatemablabla

Activity: 546
Merit: 180

I'm Matured Now

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 03:34:28 PM

I dnt think there is any similarity between bitocoin and gold.i mean they both are precious but in a different stage.
cjinny

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 03:35:52 PM

That sort of thing will never happen. Gold will not be replaced by bitcoin from its functional side. bitcoin can be said higher than gold, bitcoin can be equalized with diamond.
Rj Manik

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 03:51:43 PM

It's a good news for every bitcoin trader that Bitcoin is replacing the gold.It will open up a bit more of Bitcoin's movements.Because every business has a policy that has to find new investment approach.We saw Bitcoin Cash replacing a coin bitcoin.So I think it will be good.
kelinci_putih

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 03:58:20 PM

I think bitcoin will replace gold, so many people choose put their investment into bitcoin than gold nowadays. The bitcoin price always increasing by time to time it will provide if investment in bitcoin will more profitable than investment in gold. Gold price always stable not like bitcoin price will always fluctuating increase and decrease, so bitcoin is good investment to long term holder.

*Image Removed*
| A I R W A L L E T
    The Gold Standard of Airdrops

►   WHITEPAPER   ◄
[        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        LinkedIn        ANN THREAD        TELEGRAM        INSTAGRAM        ]
supine

Activity: 1036
Merit: 109

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 03:58:56 PM

Gold in general is no better. The value of gold is nothing more than a result of a global consensus - at the moment everyone agrees to consider gold a measure of value, simply because this measure is in some form or another necessary. If we assume a utopian situation, that tomorrow everyone agrees that gold is not such a measure, then it will be good only for the production of quality wires and trinkets.
The btc is gaining momentum for exactly the same reason - the global consensus towards the btc is constantly being strengthened. In this case, unlike gold, the cue-ball is not only a measure of value, but also a settlement system, and gold is not a competitor for this parameter.

I doubt that bitcoin will replace gold, it's true that bitcoin is a good investment, however, gold is still gold. If bitcoin reigns in the crypto world, a lot of people are still keeping gold as investment because it's a secured investment, it's value will stay high.
DIMKAZDS

Activity: 704
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 04:59:36 PM

Gold in general is no better. The value of gold is nothing more than a result of a global consensus - at the moment everyone agrees to consider gold a measure of value, simply because this measure is in some form or another necessary. If we assume a utopian situation, that tomorrow everyone agrees that gold is not such a measure, then it will be good only for the production of quality wires and trinkets.
The btc is gaining momentum for exactly the same reason - the global consensus towards the btc is constantly being strengthened. In this case, unlike gold, the cue-ball is not only a measure of value, but also a settlement system, and gold is not a competitor for this parameter.
No. I don’t think bitcoin will replace gold. Although prices of bitcoin have escalated over that of gold. But still it won’t be able to replace gold because firstly, gold is much more popular that bitcoin because of which it is being used much more than bitcoin. Gold is much more trusted by bitcoin because of which people invest in gold way more than that they do in bitcoin. Then gold has a physical entity and is a precious metal whereas bitcoin is just digital currency. Gold is a stable form of currency which means that its value does not fluctuate. Whereas bitcoin is not stable and it’s value fluctuate. Then gold is centralised which increases its stability and does not let it to collapse whereas bitcoin is decentralised and can collapse.
MAHNOOR

Activity: 163
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 01:15:14 PM

Bitcoins are the new trend setter of today.  The rate with which bitcoin has come in economy it's remarkable. Bitcoin is come to origin in 2009, and since its rate gas been increasing incredibly.

‌Gold and bitcoin are two different thing, each serves for a different purpose. Although both item can ba an investment, they are still different. You can trust bitcoin for very wise invesment for the future as well as gold however gold also are precious thing because it people love jewelries and anything from gold so I think gold will stay in the market as well as bitcoin.
. The value of gold is nothing more than a result of a global consensus - at the moment everyone agrees to consider gold a measure of value, simply because this measure is in some form or another necessary. If we assume a utopian situation, that tomorrow everyone agrees that gold is not such a measure, then it will be good only for the production of quality wires and trinkets.

Yes I think it will replace gold because of some reasons and I am sure these reasons which blow people minds because these reasons are really useful and everyone should need to know these reasons are bitcoin is much common and can be easily able on the internet while gold is not enough common and for gold we must need to pay an amount of money while bitcoin don’t need anything just need intelligence and experience and then it will change life while gold will not.
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 01:18:57 PM

Gold is something an universally accepted reserve which has got a materialistic value which we don't have with bitcoin. When it comes to bitcoin, it's all about trust and on technology backing. The growth could have surpassed the value of gold, but the same won't make bitcoin replace gold at any point.
Usui-Kun

Activity: 224

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 01:36:35 PM

Bitcoin would not probably replace gold because gold is far more stable and valuable due to its rarity, bitcoin's price depends on how widely people use it and does not have any kind of stability with respect to its value.

thecryptogiant

Activity: 16

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 01:39:12 PM

No. I don’t think bitcoin will replace gold. Although prices of bitcoin have escalated over that of gold. But still it won’t be able to replace gold because firstly, gold is much more popular that bitcoin because of which it is being used much more than bitcoin. Gold is much more trusted by bitcoin because of which people invest in gold way more than that they do in bitcoin. Then gold has a physical entity and is a precious metal whereas bitcoin is just digital currency. Gold is a stable form of currency which means that its value does not fluctuate. Whereas bitcoin is not stable and it’s value fluctuate. Then gold is centralised which increases its stability and does not let it to collapse whereas bitcoin is decentralised and can collapse.
Yes you are correct and i agree with this that gold is much more popular than bitcoin but by the time the world become more and more technical i am sure bitcoins popularity will surely grow up more.Now as per price wise you cannot compair both as tow are completetly diffrent thing one can be use and physically exist and other one is paper money.So if internet fails and we become offline gold replaces bitcoin.on the other han internet fail is not possible before world war 3 so form my point of view bitcoin surely beats gold.
crustycrab666

Activity: 560
Merit: 104

terra-credit.com

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 01:42:18 PM

I think not, bitcoin and gold are rare items that are sought after. to get it also through the mining process. each has a market traded by its fans. nothing replaces each other. but complete.

► TerraCredit ◄ ♦ TerraCredit - An Effective Alternative To Cash Since 2018 ♦ ► TerraCredit ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Facebook|LinkedIn|Telegram|Whitepaper
Jaydeepjani

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 01:46:37 PM

Gold still attracts many of the people as it is a precious metal of all time . Bitcoin on the other hand can be used for transactions . For my opinion I will always go with the gold as we know how much ever the market changes there will always be value for gold
peterbom

Activity: 28
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 01:47:24 PM

Well there is an assumption here that gold is the standard store of value for investors. I think this is generally not true: gold is a very small portion of the overall world GDP or of investment transactions daily.
Setting this assumption aside, I suggest, based on some experiments we have been doing with blockchain and BitCoin, that BitCoin has some technical challenges.
WannaCry

Activity: 742
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 02:33:40 PM

First we are talking about something that has a physical form, and can be used in various ways such as materializing it into accessories. So, I highly doubt that bitcoin will replace gold. Although, there is a possibility that bitcoin’s value will be higher than gold.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 107 »
  Print  

Jump to: