Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 02:14:51 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Another Bitcoin fork on 25 October  (Read 3701 times)
Aventhe

Activity: 322
Merit: 134

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 08:50:58 AM

I too would have to say that from what can be predicted, Bitcoin's immediate price will drop a little before it sky-rockets up - just like it did with BCH back in August 1. What is, however most certain, that this fork will not be as popular as the one before, since it has not gained that many votes. The price of Bitcoin Gold won't be as high as BCH (IMO, however I may be wrong.)
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 08:55:18 AM

The fork, which will be on November 25th, affects bitcoin prices positively. People sell altcoins and buy bitcoins. At this point, the price of bitcoin passes 5000 dollars.
True, all these altcoins gets dumped so hard, the 24h volume significantly decreasing, people are migrating their money to the promising bitcoin with free money called bitcoin gold.
Even though this event will just temporary untill all the bitcoin gold distributed, the altcoins will get pumped again soon after 25 october.
rowbot

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

NOW

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:52:31 PM

I think bitcoin price will grow massively before the fork.
People will try to get free bitcoin gold
For that people need to have bitcoin in their wallet.
And remember Bitcoin will always remain King.
Good strategy tho to attract more investments and pump the value
markkeian

Activity: 508
Merit: 101

EXMR

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 02:52:40 PM

I think it wont affect bitcoin for such a long time,.just like what happen before.

BitcoinExpart

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 03:58:56 PM

The fork, which will be on November 25th, affects bitcoin prices positively. People sell altcoins and buy bitcoins. At this point, the price of bitcoin passes 5000 dollars.
True, all these altcoins gets dumped so hard, the 24h volume significantly decreasing, people are migrating their money to the promising bitcoin with free money called bitcoin gold.
Even though this event will just temporary untill all the bitcoin gold distributed, the altcoins will get pumped again soon after 25 october.
Yes, we should take this positive. Personally,  I love the fork on Nov 25th and why not, The BTC you hold on the 25th will be the amount of BCG you receive (on the 1st November). So, This not crazy!

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄▄
▄████▀▀            ▀▀████▄
▄███▀                    ▀███▄
███▀       █████            ▀███
███         █████              ███
███        ▄▄█████    ▄█████▀    ███
██        ▄███████  ▄█████▀       ██
███       ▄████████▄█████▀         ███
███       ▀▀▀▀██████████           ███
███      ▄▄▄▄▄███████████          ███
███     ▄███████████▀█████         ███
██    ▄███████████▀  █████        ██
███   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████    █████      ███
███         █████     █████    ███
███▄                        ▄███
▀███▄                    ▄███▀
▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
KRYLL
                ███
                ███
                ███
        ███  ███
        ███  ███
        ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
AUTOMATED CRYPTO TRADING STRATEGIES MADE SIMPLE
▁▁         Whitepaper   █   Token sale will start on Feb 7, 2018   █   Announcement         ▁▁

███
███
███  ███
███  ███
███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 10:08:06 PM

from article 5 days ago:
Quote from: CoinTelegraph
The project was apparently co-founded by Jack Liao, CEO of Hong Kong-based Bitcoin mining company LightningASIC. LightningASIC also conveniently sells the hardware that this new market of miners will need.
(hardware in question)
So they want to become a big fish in a small pond, instead of being a small fish in a big ocean that makes sense, but the only ones that are going to buy that are those that are not informed, after all who is going to mine that coin and for what purpose since no one is going to use it for anything except speculation.
newelllamo

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2017, 12:40:30 AM

I think this fork will not make a lot of difference. Seems very small follower in the community and the only interest of those follow this fork is the airdrop during the fork.
South Park

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 10:43:24 PM

The OP seems to be talking about the the bitcoin gold fork and not the segwit2x, but regardless of that you are correct, I thought that the forks will be detrimental to bitcoin but instead bitcoin is gaining value with each one of them, I never thought that was going to be possible but we just need to look at the price that  a huge price increase is going to happen again.
DrGuns4Hands

Activity: 910
Merit: 550

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 02:07:16 PM

another fork, hmm i don't think the price of bitcoin will decrease again because there will be nomore bitcoin panic seller where they gonna sell their bitcoin i think they will gonna reach $7000 barrier first before they sell their coins. mostly big whales do that. they have a massive effect on the economy of bitcoin and also the demand of bitcoin affects the price of bitcoin.
chineseprancing

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 03:36:21 PM

another fork, hmm i don't think the price of bitcoin will decrease again because there will be nomore bitcoin panic seller where they gonna sell their bitcoin i think they will gonna reach $7000 barrier first before they sell their coins. mostly big whales do that. they have a massive effect on the economy of bitcoin and also the demand of bitcoin affects the price of bitcoin.
If there's a hard fork happen this October or November, I think we all need to do is to sell immediately our bitcoin. Because if we sell our bitcoin in the market and when their price is fall down rapidly they were lessen our risks to take. Due to some of our bitcoin are keep and safe into the respective currency of each nation.
PancherBitCoin

Activity: 812
Merit: 317

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 05:56:56 PM

If there's a hard fork happen this October or November, I think we all need to do is to sell immediately our bitcoin. Because if we sell our bitcoin in the market and when their price is fall down rapidly they were lessen our risks to take. Due to some of our bitcoin are keep and safe into the respective currency of each nation.
in such words, you only generate and panic and I do not think that it is worth selling their Bitcoin, as well as the last time in August, nothing terrible happened. How today we need to have Tranquility and wait out this split.
South Park

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:32:15 PM

Unfortunately for me,I have no btc in any of my wallet. . So am not gonna participate.
The fork is still 11 days away for someone that knows how to earn bitcoin, it is not that difficult to earn some bitcoin in that time frame, you are not going to receive a lot of bitcoin gold, but small profits are always better than to receive no profits so keep your eyes open for opportunities to earn bitcoin.
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 11:13:26 PM

because of that fork push we have NOW massive price improvement.
from 3000>6000$ in few weeks so probly now we have those fork priced into BTC market now.
That is why after fork not much will happen.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
jcmansah7

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 11:23:11 PM

I have really enjoyed this topic and I needed to show appreciation. thanks all for your brilliant ideas.

felicita
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1031

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 12:51:39 PM

i hope prize will go up as it was on bitcoin cash Cheesy
but this time im proofed last time on bitoin cash i missed to catch my bitcoincash XD
on bitcoin gold i will catch my bitcoin gold walled in exchange all into bitcoin as the most users will do Cheesy
we trust in bitcoin i think Wink

kind regards
Clairvoyance

Activity: 412
Merit: 152

Perceiving events in the future and beyond

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 02:35:50 PM

Free money from fork who doesn't want that? The massive price swing is caused by the people pushing the price to keep rising before the year ends. Breaking $5000 mark is really a good sign of what is to come.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 03:13:12 PM

Free money. Heh. A GPU fork of bitcoin that is going to a new protocol, not sha-256, what was it? Equiash?

Just a gimmick to jump-start an alt coin...ho hum (nothing to see here folks)

my expectations the price will level down to 12c by the end of the first month

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 03:43:03 PM

Free money from fork who doesn't want that? The massive price swing is caused by the people pushing the price to keep rising before the year ends. Breaking $5000 mark is really a good sign of what is to come.
that's how most of the holders see that its a free money which already happen before when btc cash went out from the fork, I understand that most
people really loves how the free money will flow from the btc gold.
South Park

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 07:33:20 PM

I think that is the wrong strategy, the price of bitcoin goes up before the forks and after the forks because people are expecting to get free coins and then sell them in the open market, so the right strategy is to hold and sell the altcoins not your bitcoin.
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:40:00 PM

I think that is the wrong strategy, the price of bitcoin goes up before the forks and after the forks because people are expecting to get free coins and then sell them in the open market, so the right strategy is to hold and sell the altcoins not your bitcoin.
I totally agree on this, you must hold your bitcoin because no matter what bitcoin will be a very good thing to invest in the coming future. Those altcoins you got from airdrop/ICOs should be consider as not that too important since you have your bitcoin as your number one investments. Although some of these altcoins are consider to the be high in priorities such as etherium, BCH, LiteCoin etc., these coins are on the top of the coinmarketcap.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: