Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:14:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gox BTC hitting TH Auction Block  (Read 7438 times)
AtlasONo

Activity: 551
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 09:38:19 PM

Also just because YOU chodpaba took all your bitcoins out of mtgox dosen't mean everyone did.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FooDSt4mP

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 09:55:38 PM
Last edit: June 25, 2011, 10:11:03 PM by yrral86

If sticking with mtgox makes me a sucker, than I'm a sucker.  I'd rather trust someone who has dealt with a compromise than someone who is just hoping their security is good enough.  They cockiness of newer users is starting to get very annoying.  They all know how stupid everyone else is, and they ignore reason.  I'm not targeting anyone in particular in this thread with these comments, but I'll be surprised if nobody jumps in to start the name calling.  Obviously, not all new users are part of the problem, but these forums have become much less enjoyable over the past few months.  Let's spend less time insulting each other and try to have a constructive discussion.  Like I said, shit happens and I'd rather put my money with those who know how to use a shovel.

As we slide down the banister of life, this is just another splinter in our ass.
bitcoinBull
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

rippleFanatic

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 10:14:22 PM

Also just because YOU chodpaba took all your bitcoins out of mtgox dosen't mean everyone did.

That is most likely true.

But shortly after Mt. Gox opened the gates some 2.42 million BTC moved from somewhere to somewhere else.

http://blockexplorer.com/block/0000000000000464742a8d6147c4ef3a0d41658f643d624555a1cfa9c80aa0f3

Much less than 2.42 million.  That's the change from MtGox's 48,480.94 BTC being counted multiple times as it moves from address to address.  At the end of the block 46,391.666 BTC remains, so its closer to 2,000 BTC (plus) that actually changed hands in that block.

College of Bucking Bulls Knowledge
BTC Economist

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 10:25:00 PM

If sticking with mtgox makes me a sucker, than I'm a sucker.  I'd rather trust someone who has dealt with a compromise than someone who is just hoping their security is good enough.  They cockiness of newer users is starting to get very annoying.  They all know how stupid everyone else is, and they ignore reason.  I'm not targeting anyone in particular in this thread with these comments, but I'll be surprised if nobody jumps in to start the name calling.  Obviously, not all new users are part of the problem, but these forums have become much less enjoyable over the past few months.  Let's spend less time insulting each other and try to have a constructive discussion.  Like I said, shit happens and I'd rather put my money with those who know how to use a shovel.

It's hard to have a constructive discussion when so many people here just blindly believe bitcoins will keep going up and up and away!!

When BTC soars, you need to be READY!  PM me to learn more about my new e-book, How to Create and Profit from the Second Bitcoin Bubble available exclusively to BTC forum members!

17JzkreEBYNHQM9tMTiUKCHANofwzHRLhP
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 10:43:23 PM

It's hard to have a constructive discussion when so many people here just blindly believe bitcoins will keep going up and up and away!!

And yet money is based on the belief of its value.....

Oh the irony.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
FooDSt4mP

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 11:03:09 PM

I never made that claim.  I have some modest savings, but I'm prepared to lose it all.  I prefer to use bitcoins for transactions.  I do see a lot of upside potential, but I'm not blind to the inevitable downswings.  I do see your point though.  But after a few more months all the new users will either be burnt or just a bit more rational.  Unfortunately, most of the old hats have retreated from this forum because it has become such a repetitive shitstorm.

As we slide down the banister of life, this is just another splinter in our ass.
DrYe5 (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 01:08:17 AM

I never made that claim.  I have some modest savings, but I'm prepared to lose it all.  I prefer to use bitcoins for transactions.  I do see a lot of upside potential, but I'm not blind to the inevitable downswings.  I do see your point though.  But after a few more months all the new users will either be burnt or just a bit more rational.  Unfortunately, most of the old hats have retreated from this forum because it has become such a repetitive shitstorm.

Just for the record, I don't think bitcoin is going to zero. There's some figuring out that's got to go on over the next days and weeks about exactly how risky bitcoin is. There's money to be made here.
DrYe5 (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 03:11:26 AM

This is old news, shutting this baby down.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: