Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:17:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pawn your forum accounts! BTC Loans using your forum account as collateral!  (Read 28650 times)
BTCTalkAccounts (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 08:23:11 PM
Last edit: June 08, 2013, 02:42:51 PM by BTCTalkAccounts

CURRENTLY LENDING PM ME

I am offering a new type of service. It allows almost anybody reading this to take out a BTC loan.

How it works is we agree to the terms of the loan via PM (amount. length, interest). You then send me your password. Once I have control of your forum account I will send you the loan. All loans are fully anonymous. Once you pay back the loan you will be given control of your account back.

If anybody has more questions please PM me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
soniq

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 08:30:07 PM

Is the amount you can borrow based on your forum status?

What are the terms?

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 12:22:36 AM

How does this work? Are you going to scam using that forum account if they default?
Bethany

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 03:58:26 AM

lol worst thread ever
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 04:07:57 AM

How does this work? Are you going to scam using that forum account if they default?

lol, good question. I don't see how a forum account will be a form of collateral otherwise...

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
nebulus

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

... it only gets better...

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 04:13:08 AM

Pretty good idea, actually.

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 08:13:45 AM

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 08:22:56 AM

Could you answer the question - are you going to scam using the accounts you pawned?
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 08:24:54 AM

No, I mean if someone defaults on their loan - what will you use their account for?
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 08:31:39 AM

Why are you trying to dodge the question? There are lots of scammers here, and someone will default. But what will you do then - are you going to scam with the account you gained?

Forum accounts are really worth nothing unless you are trying to scam. Also, I am not here to advertise anything, you're the one who mentioned it.
tom1

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 08:32:44 AM

No, I mean if someone defaults on their loan - what will you use their account for?
Why would somebody default?
Then why do you need access to the account? I don't get it Roll Eyes

escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 08:35:13 AM

So you want us to give your password for some loan. Great

Bullshit.

In my opinion this shouldn't be allowed in this forum.
You can do anything with their accounts or do bigger direct/non direct scams using their accounts.

keatonatron

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Jack of oh so many trades.

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 08:57:49 AM

Pawned? More like pwned!

1KEATSvAhbB7yj2baLB5xkyJSnkfqPGAqk
Zaih

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 09:29:18 AM

Collateral doesn't necessarily need to involve redeeming lost funds/other.. It's obvious he's not going to use them to scam, that'd make terrible sense.
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 10:09:23 AM

But the account holder could change the password after loan taken, and after original password given over??? What am i missing?
tom1

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 10:18:20 AM

I think he'll change the email address as well.

Eisenhower34
Legendary

Activity: 906
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 10:20:46 AM

Im sure that "BTCTalkAccounts" will change the password, so the account owner cannot login nor change the password...

Anyway, to put it in a nutshell, BTCTalkAccounts lacks in trust. Noone reputable will give him his forums password (for obvious reasons) and all the other low rep XX post guys have nothing to lose, giving BTCTalkAccounts a 2 weeks old account and creating a new one...

The question remains, is BTCTalkAccounts stupid or is he playing another game (scam, advertising, ..., or selling the account details to scammers / advertisers...)
crumbcake

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 12:56:24 PM

Why are you trying to dodge the question? There are lots of scammers here, and someone will default. But what will you do then - are you going to scam with the account you gained?

I'm going to PM you with more info.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^BWAAAHHH! Cheesy

This is a nice scam.  No credible scam accusations -- you won't have access to your account to make them with Cheesy 
Sure, you can start a new account, but good luck getting any attention in noob jail (where you'd have to loiter or clickbot for what, four hours? Shocked Cheesy
Nice one, OP, hope you have some shills lined up to prime the pump Cheesy
Korbman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 03:44:48 PM

I can kind of see how this would be feasible, but only for well established accounts. Obviously there's no point in loaning to new or new-ish accounts since they're easily recreated.

But for someone like me (or TF and the like) where my account is used for both business and personal purposes, there's sort of a need to get my account back (and not just for the time I've put into the forums).

However, what sort of assurances are in place to make sure I get my account back after paying my debt?

ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 05:47:59 PM

However, what sort of assurances are in place to make sure I get my account back after paying my debt?

Good question. For certain accounts I will allow the borrower to pay a percentage of the loan off, I would then give them back their forum account and they would pay the rest, if they don't pay the rest then the account will get a scammer tag.

If you wouldn't mind, can you please send me a pm to explain a bit more about how having the forum account benefits you? It's just curiosity because this (from my standpoint) doesn't make a lot of sense, but I'm definitely interested in hearing your side; maybe I'll learn something new!

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: