Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 02:45:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin illegal in Nepal  (Read 1778 times)
zorko34

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 12:29:20 PM

come on!
they don't understand nothing. Well, I don't care they will remain behind technologically...
that's not an opinion it's a matter of fact!
bad for them!
vonnyaries

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 12:32:04 PM

damn one new country that againist bitcoin for be the currencies, i think i know that they will make their country safe from the criminals that using bitcoin but maybe they should find the another way to do it, like make the limitations int heir country ot KYC in that country, so they can make the monitoring if bitcoin used for criminals

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████   PARTICIPATE NOW!
  █████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
██ █  Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
biskitop

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 12:34:21 PM

this is the same as happened in china, the government banned bitcoin exchanger. but there is still a chance, if still can keep the coin in the wallet, can to exchange it in the country receiving bitcoin.
onaiwusun

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2018, 12:34:43 PM

That is sad, Sad They are taking a cue from India which also placed restrictions on bitcoins.Plunging those who already depend on btc as a means of livelihood back into poverty.
Tahir460pk

Activity: 308
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2018, 12:38:21 PM

Really its very very sad news that bitcoin is illegal in Nepal the Nepal national bank take action if its true than its not good the government authorities and bitcoin authorities must be talk with each other and clear all the issues with both parties and resolve these issues.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY | ANN THREAD
www.gigtricks.io
MMysterious

Activity: 972
Merit: 255

Bear season or just the beginning

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 12:47:44 PM

It is sad to see those cryptonists being jailed but I think they could've easily follow government rules or left Nepal for another country that is friendly with crypto currencies. Nepal is still not finished with its plan to make regulations on crypto currencies and hopefully it will happen sooner than later.
Pan Troglodytes

Activity: 392
Merit: 39

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 12:51:27 PM

Good luck with travelling with bitcoin then. One day something similar may happen to you travellers: one day you buy your local food or shelter in Nepal or China with your bitcoin and the next day you go to jail for trying to do the same.
Coinsher

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 12:55:00 PM

This kind of news are really affecting the reputation of bitcoin but it doesn't mean that it can fall for it. Bitcoin are used before for some illegal transactions but as time goes by, it changes into a good source of income. Maybe in Nepal there are some regulations and rules that can't fit with this coins and probably because of it's anonymity.

Website            ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇ VELOX ◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ ANN Thread
Whitepaper     The Future of Anonymous Trading      ◆ Twitter       
Discord             ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ Telegram   
ironman2014

Activity: 266

ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 01:01:19 PM

I am always sighing, when I hear something like that from news, because it postpones the day, when bitcoin will takeover whole world and became accepted everywhere at the globe.

Mio talama

Activity: 79

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 10:13:03 AM

This is bad news for Nepal.  I wouldn't know what to do if BTC was banned in my country. I find it awful that countries can "Ban" certain things like that. It's so stupid, people should decide themselves whats good and bad for them.
sheryl18

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 05:09:24 PM

National Bank of Nepal Deems Bitcoin Exchange Operations “Illegal,” While the CIB Police Force Arrest Seven Exchange Operators

Source :- https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-illegal-in-nepal-police-arrest-seven-individuals-for-trading-operations/

there's really no bitcoin in the country we can not touch on here but we still think that bitcoin will stay solid enough for many who believe it.
Jannatul Shefa

Activity: 312
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 05:58:23 PM

Yeah. I have heard that bitcoin is illegal in Nepal. Which is really a bad news. Not only in Nepal but also in some other countries bitcoin is illegal.

sniper23

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2018, 12:56:46 PM

Bitcoin is like a drug, no matter how many times you ban it, people will still use it.
pjr77

Activity: 299

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 01:22:54 PM

financial regulator of the country Nepal Rastra Bank in 2017 issued a decree banning operations with crypto-currencies. This was also preceded by the arrest of seven people allegedly involved in the management of crypto-exchange trading floors in Nepal. they face fine and imprisonment.
jeffer8035

Activity: 251

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 01:40:57 PM

guaaoo guys I'm surprised and bitcoin yego to monte everest the truth that I already imagine the Tibetan monks using the fence that we go to the whole world, the bad thing is that the exchange houses that is what a nregro market and sure they will change it in the countries close to the one where if they accept it, bitcoin has no borders, I hope that the government of that country will legalize it so that they can join the crypto faster and see the advantages of the chain of blocks and implement it in their country.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
znakistu

Activity: 263

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 01:53:11 PM

I heard that as early as 2017, the government of Nepal issued an order banning operations with crypto-currencies. leading bitcoin-exchange announced the termination of work and returned money to all users, citing compliance with the law. As a result of the ban, 7 people were arrested and brought to justice.

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]      [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]      [    ICO  |  May 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER                       TWITTER                       TELEGRAM                       ANN THREAD
ratnawide

Activity: 166

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 01:55:30 PM

Nepal is a small country, so it doesn't matter whether it is illegal or not. The price of bitcoin depends on what the big players think such as China and India.
I strongly agree with your statement, I also think that nepal is a small country and the percentage of bitcoin users in the country is also very small therefore I am sure that the ban will not have any effect on bitcoin, then I know that country is forbidden to exchange bitcoin but they are not forbidden to keep it. this is still a not so bad news
nazaididuan1

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 02:03:08 PM

Bitcoin's popularity in the international community is the trend!
The actions of marginalizing and illegalizing Bitcoin are all acts of retreating and blocking the country. These actions will lead to further economic decline. Blockchain technology also lags behind other countries!

⮘Pre-ICO Start - 27.04.2018⮚ ⮘https://wbb.io/⮚
Dancobit

Activity: 118
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 02:21:11 PM

Yes, indeed the use of bitcoin especially in NEPAL needs to be regulated so that there are no casualties in the midst of technological developments and millennium generation are turning to online commerce.
damort

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 02:22:01 PM

That's a sad news. But I'm not so surprise about this because Nepal is a peaceful country. It is said that people living in Nepal are the happiest citizen in the world. So I think the Government of this country does not want any things threaten their country.
Ignoring Nepal, nowadays, they notice more about Korea  Grin this country will be a heaven for crypto. Just look at what Korean Government did and you will understand why:
https://btcmanager.com/south-korea-may-launch-dedicated-cryptocurrency-zone-for-companies/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: