Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:35:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: what makes you trust a new altcoin?  (Read 11081 times)
dutchkay

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:05:59 PM

The truth is that most shit coins do x100 but for me to go long term on a coin then I have to trust it. Following up the devs to make sure they are active. I don't care if they are who they say they really are. My concern is their community, is it active?  when they make announcement do they deliver. I always consider all that before I trust a coin.
hieuho381

Activity: 504
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:16:24 PM

My opinion . People tend to favor investing in new altcos, especially altoin from ICO projects, as it will be easy to attract whales and potential investors to develop that altcoin and be sure will last for 1 year. They will then try to dump the altcoin back to its original location
jonatuzc

Activity: 854
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 04:25:34 PM

i wonder what makes you trust a new altcoin? what you're looking for in their company page etc...?
When i trust a new altcoin, i will try to understand its details, strengths and weaknesses, then invest the correct amount of money into it and wait until the price to the point where I accept and sell it.
Some new altcoins do get pumped which is what makes the price to surge pretty fast than the amount you got it.

In this period, I always sell and save the profit in a wallet for future as we have seen so many of them increase in value a lot and then buy again later on when the value dips which is a pretty good way for me to make some profit and also have most of the coins without breaking sweat.
Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 06:57:28 PM

You need to know about the project. It is important to understand and investigate it.
Of course, what is most important is how popular it is.
Exactly that makes sense. Whenever you are going into something new, you have to interrogate and investigate the whole case properly so that nothing is hidden from you. Same is the case with altcoins, they are not much popular than bitcoins so more care have to be taken in this regard. And popularity, yes that is one factor of measuring the level of coin. Good luck to you.
Colt22

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 10:19:07 PM

Since bitcoin is gaining popularity, so many developer are come with unique and good idea. They just to make better coin but most of their investor are lost and leave the coin after take profit from pump.
It is really a difficult thing to put your trust on something which is new to market. You can only trust some coin if he is having a good reputation in the market and you are sure enough that your money will not be lost. Till the time you don’t feel that your money will be safe and that you are going to earn profit by investing your money, I don’t think so that someone will invest his money.
sonhatq

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 10:26:55 PM

Team Dev
its environment
its white page
public source code
And IF it is accepted by big exchangers or not

ETHEREUM PRIME | FUTURE OF TOMORROW
NO ICO | NO CROWDFUNDING = FAIR DISTRIBUTION
HomePageTwitterAnnThread
xFGND

Activity: 137

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 01:04:54 AM

How they react to when accusations happen. Like if they act like babies, they're most likely babies. Something else to look at is their legal / developmental team. If they have a lot of experience / have worked at big companies before, then it's a good idea that you can trust them.
YuurinBee

Activity: 233
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 01:25:27 AM

I don't bother much with new alt coins to be honest, but those I trust passed the following criteria upon closer research (ie. whitepaper, about page, announcement thread):

1) Does it smell like bullshit?

2) Does the problem they are trying to solve actually exist?

3) Does their solution look technically solid and viable?

Most alts don't even pass the first point in my book. Too much crypto-babble abound and too many cash-grabs.

Exactly...

1) or sounds to good to be true

Simple, Solid Answer.

MetaBrands Discord: https://discord.gg/metabrands
MetaBrands Telegram: https://t.me/metabrands
miyong

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 01:46:36 AM

i wonder what makes you trust a new altcoin? what you're looking for in their company page etc...?

When i find it still stable even if other issues may occur with that particular coin. I am also get interested when the chart goes well, the movements are usual and when the price increases.

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
viralz

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 04:13:50 AM

Interesting question,
I trust it.
It has solid team, function and good plans.

I believed one of Altcoins would replace Bitcoin someday.
willmunte

Activity: 87

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 04:30:35 AM

Should  new altcoin be invested or not, I'm usually interested in volume (24h) and the amount of people investing in it at ICO.
Wagako

Activity: 249

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 05:34:24 AM

As new here, what makes me trust a new altcoin is the potential of it. Of course i will going to read what would be the purpose of this coin if it is really benefited a lot of people. I want also learn new things on how to see the altcoins if it is effective or not.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
musharaf

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 06:04:54 AM

the main and important thing which keep in mind for trust is reliability. in the case of altcoin they are most trusted currencies because now the trend is changed people are working and investing in these crypto currencies and during short period of time they become very rich. some time altcoin is fluctuated rapidly and then stable for a smooth period of time.

Juliedarwin

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 06:52:55 AM

Being as a newly Jr member here in this forum.What do really makes me trusting about to the new altcoin for me to stay as long as it working on it,.I actually do more on reading for me  to keep really understand what's the purposes.
gyu22

Activity: 127

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 08:09:06 AM

It takes several steps of research before trusting a new altcoin. First I consider if its relevant to create a new coin and what they can bring to the market. Then I search up the CEO and developers of the project to see if they have experience to support their plans. And then I read carefully the whitepaper to set a potential gauge for the coin. If there is an ICO, the results are a good indicator of the future success of the company. I also assess if the route map is realistic. I graduate my investment according to the results of the first stages of the project.
Hannahanto

Activity: 826
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:32:02 AM

The new innovative projects, the quality team, a quick action is taken upon issues, the specific tool they have set secured and how healthy they squire market.  These are few reasons to trust in a new altcoin.
Shishir99

Activity: 644
Merit: 379

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 08:53:18 PM

I think whitepaper is the mirror of a good altcoin.
Beside that you can look upto their ideas and fundamentals.
And how much they can apply it to real world.
Other that i check who is the team members and what wad their background and experience.
carlerha

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 11:47:56 PM

It takes several steps of research before trusting a new altcoin. First I consider if its relevant to create a new coin and what they can bring to the market. Then I search up the CEO and developers of the project to see if they have experience to support their plans. And then I read carefully the whitepaper to set a potential gauge for the coin. If there is an ICO, the results are a good indicator of the future success of the company. I also assess if the route map is realistic. I graduate my investment according to the results of the first stages of the project.
In fact several investigations are need if you are going to trust on a coin and want to invest money there. i think that the most important is that you must study the ICO of such coin their white paper and their road mape. the second is that you must check the interste of the people, you need to check the volume that how high is te volume of new coin, after getting such informations you can decide that either you should trade such altcoin or not.
Gears

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:49:57 AM

If there is good devs team, updates are on time, white paper is easy to understand and they have good road map, team stay active on github and social media. Community supports and there is not much FUD.
xCryptoManiaX

Activity: 361
Merit: 137

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 06:09:36 PM

Transperancy mostly. Its also good when the team is active on social media.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: