Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 04:46:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Tradehill or MtGox  (Read 6291 times)
thdvmgbgjn

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2011, 11:17:35 PM

Been with MtGox since day 1 and still very satisfied.
codymanix

Activity: 203
Merit: 121

Gir: I'm gonna sing the Doom Song now..

View Profile
October 24, 2011, 09:39:04 PM

At the moment, neither MtGox nor Tradehill support SEPA deposits, so both suck for me now.
I hope they get this fixed soon..

Programming tutorials, Tools, Games & Humor http://deutronium.de.vu
My Vircurex referral code for persistant 0.05% trade discount: 750-33267 or use
https://vircurex.com/welcome/index?referral_id=750-33267
Joseph sterns

October 25, 2011, 02:29:48 AM

MTGOX4EVAR
codymanix

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 06:55:14 AM

Did you mean MTGOXTILLITGETHACKEDAGAIN  Grin

guinness

Activity: 20

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 06:15:34 PM

I've had zero trouble with MTGox
Alfurx

Activity: 13

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 08:49:58 PM

Hi,

I started mining on June 2011 until I stopped mining on 15 BTCs. I've worked with tradehill since July 2011 and went by the usual method to increase my BTCs: buy cheap sell expensive and with that, last week I still had around 15 BTCs but also a profit of near 12 bucks, even with the drop of BTC value.

Two days ago I entered Tradehill to check after 2 days since my last login, my funds were down to zero! To make things worse (I thought it was just a glitch) the transaction log showed that my funds were used one day before to buy all the BTCs possible and then, the total amount of BTCs were withdrawed to this address: 194XZ7Jqm1BcLcevKyRSRaQrVP4aA4htEU

In other words, someone hacked my account and robbed all my money and BTCs. Of course, selling the bitcoins and transfer the money would be traceable but the other way is not. Now I have almost nothing and no one to blame.

Tradehill team has been in contact with me since I reported this but they cannot help me. I'm not writing this to discourage you using their service but you should be aware that this can happen to anyone and of course, if somebody knows that the owner of that bitcoin address has an account in tradehill also, I appreciate to report it to TH team.
philip1905

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 11:38:27 PM

as a n00b i just started buying some bitcoins and picked probably the worst exchange, wide spreads and low volume ... live n learn lol

just opened a tradehill account, they have tighter spreads and better prices. hopefully better service.

for now im just learning how it all works, havent actually spent any bcs yet. might try some trading between exchanges to earn some extra bcs for fun but i'm anly talking tiny amounts here.
Korvalkov_V

Activity: 6

View Profile
October 27, 2011, 09:25:45 AM

definitely mtgox
klaus
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 27, 2011, 02:42:40 PM

Mtgox is in Japan, Tradehill is in Chile.

Mtgox trades 80-95% per day, depending of high or low volume day. On high volume days mtgox reaches up to 95%

bitmessage:BM-2D9c1oAbkVo96zDhTZ2jV6RXzQ9VG3A6f1​
threema:HXUAMT96
nmat

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 27, 2011, 03:01:18 PM

Mtgox trades 80-95% per day, depending of high or low volume day. On high volume days mtgox reaches up to 95%

Liquidity is a good thing, but I think it's a little strange that a decentralized currency relies so much in one company. I like to support the alternatives.
Alfurx

View Profile
October 27, 2011, 03:07:10 PM

Liquidity is a good thing, but I think it's a little strange that a decentralized currency relies so much in one company. I like to support the alternatives.

I had no complains with TH until happened what happened... Now I'm afraid of losing more BTCs, no matter where I sell/buy them.
nmat

View Profile
October 27, 2011, 03:37:08 PM

I had no complains with TH until happened what happened... Now I'm afraid of losing more BTCs, no matter where I sell/buy them.

What happened?
Alfurx

View Profile
October 27, 2011, 04:54:01 PM

What happened?

Look 6 or 7 posts above this one...
codymanix

View Profile
October 27, 2011, 05:38:21 PM

If somesone would have hacked Tradhill, then multiple, if not all users would have lost their money, but instead, only your account is affected.
If you think a little bit about it, it is clear that somebody had your password.
Maybe it was to easy to guess or to find out with brute force trial and error. Maybe you used the same password in another service or website which got hacked. Maybe you had the password stored in your browser and someone had physical accesss to your computer?

Maybe with this information you may spot your very own security hole and fix it, so that this doesn't happen to you again.

Btw. With the bitcoin block explorer you can see where transactions are going, but this is rather complicated and chances that you find the thief that way are rather small.

alfabitco

Activity: 4

View Profile
October 27, 2011, 06:02:08 PM
Last edit: November 05, 2011, 05:08:42 PM by alfabitco

Hello
I have two still not completed paxum withdraw from Mt.Gox.
14.10.2011. =488$
24.10.2011. =258$

HAve an opent ticket submited 8 days ago with no response!!
Ticket number: 13803

I have try with many emails to get support with no response.

Please help me, I need funds unrgently.

UPDATE
MtGox completed both withdraw, thanks.
Alfurx

View Profile
October 27, 2011, 09:01:34 PM

If somesone would have hacked Tradhill, then multiple, if not all users would have lost their money, but instead, only your account is affected.
If you think a little bit about it, it is clear that somebody had your password.
Maybe it was to easy to guess or to find out with brute force trial and error. Maybe you used the same password in another service or website which got hacked. Maybe you had the password stored in your browser and someone had physical accesss to your computer?

Maybe with this information you may spot your very own security hole and fix it, so that this doesn't happen to you again.

Btw. With the bitcoin block explorer you can see where transactions are going, but this is rather complicated and chances that you find the thief that way are rather small.

Yeah, I know, It's not that TH was hacked, but what bothers me is that I'm not a big BTC user with lots of BTCs mined or something like that. I started as another guy in the bitcoin thing and didn't get so much. It pisses me off being bullied just because someone can do it.
codymanix

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 03:40:24 PM

But still, it would be very interesting, how your account got hacked.
Which of the points I gave you could you answer with true?

Al-arabia

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 07:02:34 PM

I like MtGox more than Tradehill
Alfurx

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 09:30:35 PM
Last edit: November 02, 2011, 07:04:41 PM by Alfurx

Yeah, I know, It's not that TH was hacked, but what bothers me is that I'm not a big BTC user with lots of BTCs mined or something like that. I started as another guy in the bitcoin thing and didn't get so much. It pisses me off being bullied just because someone can do it.
But still, it would be very interesting, how your account got hacked.
Which of the points I gave you could you answer with true?

Well, let's see:
Somebody could have stolen my password? hard to accomplish. I work inside a corporate intranet and behind a firewall most of the time. No one in my company as far as I know are into BTC trading.
At home, I scan my computers once or twice a week for spyware and virus and don't use IE. In fact, the computer that holds my wallet is not the one used for trading is another one and the mining rig is another one. BTW I pulled the plug for the rig like 2 months ago. I put online the bitcoin program only to update my BTC balance.

It's true that my browser had my password but then again, I'm just a tiny part of the TH market. I'm sure that several people has their browsers set to save passwords and probably 10 times more BTCs than I.

My password has more than 10 characters. Brute force attack is possible but the effort would be too much for just 17 BTCs...

Anyway, s*it happened. Now I'm sure to log off all my accounts before closing the browser and will only enter smaller amounts to test the security. Also, the TH guys have taken my suggestion about use a link to confirm withdrawals or transfers between accounts sent to the e-mail with a time deadline to accept the transaction. I hope they add this feature soon.

nmat

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 09:36:54 PM

Also, the TH guys have taken my suggestion about use a link to confirm withdrawals or transfers between accounts sent to the e-mail with a time deadline to accept the transaction. I hope they add this feature soon.

I don't understand why this isn't an option. It has been mentioned several times, but Bitmarket is the only exchange that does this as far as I know.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: