Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 03:19:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH on it's way  (Read 1676 times)
joshmontford

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 01:08:58 PM

ETH just might make it as big as bitcoin in the future, being known as much as btc. Will ETH make it's way in the upcoming years despite the price being around 350-400$.  ETH just may surpass btc in the market trading with bigger companies and bigger investors.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/recent-ethereum-upgrade-may-make-wall-street-fall-in-love-with-blockchain

That has been the main speculation for ETH since this year, when everyone talked about the great Flippening about to happen. Remember that when Bitcoin almost hit $3000 and ETH was $400? And people said, wow, more than 10% of Bitcoin value. Well, every time ETH tries to climb back to $300 like now, Bitcoin is making new ATHs. Flippening is not happening, we have to accept that and move on.

Wall Street has to stop loving Bitcoin first too.

Maybe that news was a fake too, recently the number of fake news all over the internet and in this forum was greatly increase if you would see the title of every article it looks convincing but the content has no real meaning at all, and I think many newbies and some bitcoin users that doesn't have much knowledge about bitcoin would certainly caught up with the hype that is not really happening. but I think bitcoin had something to do with the increase and together with the hype it is really kicking in.

Ethereum has a great potential, but i agree with the Wall Street remark.

furthermore, i believe bitcoin is just "the first one". It's like the iPhone, first iPhone was really a ground breaking thing. Everybody wanted to have it, and every company wanted to be it. There will come a time where bitcoin will be well, still bitcoin, but other coins might be just as big, if not bigger.

Flor1982

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 01:20:33 PM

ETH just might make it as big as bitcoin in the future, being known as much as btc. Will ETH make it's way in the upcoming years despite the price being around 350-400$.  ETH just may surpass btc in the market trading with bigger companies and bigger investors.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/recent-ethereum-upgrade-may-make-wall-street-fall-in-love-with-blockchain

I don't believe that ethereum will surpass bitcoin because of the very big gap value that already established by bitcoin because no matter how many ethereum that we keep but still it will going to be traded to bitcoin to earn fiat and that makes bitcoin more stable because of high buying demand even it is very expensive to purchase. May be it will level the bitcoin value but not into surpass it plus we don't know when it might be happen too.
gyu22

Activity: 127

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 01:24:54 PM

ZK-Snark, or Zero Knowledge proofs recently being enabled on the Ethereum blockchain is attracting the attention of Wall Street investors. They want complete anonymity to do their business.

melted349

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 01:29:30 PM

I don't believe that ethereum will surpass bitcoin because of the very big gap value that already established by bitcoin because no matter how many ethereum that we keep but still it will going to be traded to bitcoin to earn fiat and that makes bitcoin more stable because of high buying demand even it is very expensive to purchase. May be it will level the bitcoin value but not into surpass it plus we don't know when it might be happen too.

Yes right as the coin that is always next to bitcoin there is a possibility that it will be but interms of surpassing the bitcoin i dont see that ETH will be as far as i know that this coin have a great future just like bitcoin.
bboyadjian21

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 01:31:34 PM

That has been the main speculation for ETH since this year, when everyone talked about the great Flippening about to happen. Remember that when Bitcoin almost hit $3000 and ETH was $400? And people said, wow, more than 10% of Bitcoin value. Well, every time ETH tries to climb back to $300 like now, Bitcoin is making new ATHs. Flippening is not happening, we have to accept that and move on.

Wall Street has to stop loving Bitcoin first too.

There was too much emphasis on the flippening happening instead of just ETH growth. Let Bitcoin do its thing and we can grow as well. Let's see what happens when everyone has their Bitcoin Gold. Will they still hold onto their BTC?
hous26

Merit: 115

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 01:45:59 PM

What is causing Ethereum to boom today?  It's long overdue but the timing of this puzzles me.  There is a mass sell-off right now so people can get into Bitcoin for the free BTC Gold (I don't think the community as a whole thinks long term enough to get into BTC now for the BT2X hard fork in November).

I know Ethereum is hard-forking this month but my understanding is that it is planned to be a standard hard-fork without another chain being developed. 

What changed?  Not that I'm complaining for anything.   Grin
Slipknot79
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2017, 01:49:13 PM

I personally believe that ETH is the better coin of the BIG 2. It really is undervalued. I truly believe it will be above 500 USD before year end.

hous26

Merit: 115

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 01:55:19 PM

I personally believe that ETH is the better coin of the BIG 2. It really is undervalued. I truly believe it will be above 500 USD before year end.

65% of my small stash is in BTC and 17% is in ETH.  I agree with you that ETH is the superior coin and I also speculate that it will be around $500 by years end. 

That said, I think BTC has firmly established itself as the king of crypto and I don't think there will ever be a flippening.
Ains_sama

Activity: 608

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 02:07:44 PM

if compete, I think ethereum could pursue bitcoin prices in the future, ether's smart contract will bring it higher, now many ICO coins use ether platform, so keep it strong.
Diced90

Activity: 994
Merit: 515

Get'em boys

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 02:58:09 PM

Not matter how big of a strory ethereum bring brings bitcoin will always come out on top and at the moment bitcoins looks like it will be entering its prime which makes it difficult for eth to be the top coin.
Cofee.BLUE

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 03:03:45 PM

I think ETH has really a good future, because even its just starting as an altcoin ETH is already known very fast and people were using Ethereum very intelligently. And now it is next to bitcoin, many say and predict that ethereum will be the next bitcoin or rather than the replacement to bitcoin because of its popularity now many bitcoin users were changing ethereum, but i think it will take a long time.
KluFf

Activity: 336

Alfa-Enzo: Introducing the First Global Smartmarke

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 03:11:44 PM

yes . it has the potential to have a high price like bitcoin someday.
but it is good to have when Ethereum will reach my goal satisfaction when It reaches 500$ at year 2018 .
by the way i'm okay with 400$ price if Eth Reaches that point price at the moment.

......A L F A ─ E N Z O......
\▼/ "Develop, standardize, protect, and promote" the AEF Ecosystem \▼/
...FACEBOOKTWITTERTELEGRAM BOUNTY...
FrankNoland
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 03:34:12 PM

I will have to agree with you, ethereum has huge potential and its platform will be huge in the near future. Don't forget that Ethereum is not only a coin but a platform, a lot of recently launched tokens are built ethereum blockchain, which might make the coin itself increase in value. I have already noticed that it has already started to increase in value, which is good for ether holders.

Digital asset exchange for settlement, clearing, custody and trading of various digital assets, utilizing distributed ledger technologies, programmed on the blockchain -https://bex.global
arseaboy

Activity: 644

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 03:41:43 PM

I will have to agree with you, ethereum has huge potential and its platform will be huge in the near future. Don't forget that Ethereum is not only a coin but a platform, a lot of recently launched tokens are built ethereum blockchain, which might make the coin itself increase in value. I have already noticed that it has already started to increase in value, which is good for ether holders.
Positive 10% for USD value not bad for holding this coin while btc is really making its big moves still ETH showing some quite working progress, like what many of us here thoughts about ETH its only time can tell when it will go and jumped high alongside with bitcoin and some others quality coin project.

██████████████████████  ▀███▄          ▄██▄          ▄██████▄   █████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀███▄        ▄████▄        ▄███▀▀███▄   █████████████████████████
                          ▀███▄      ▄██████▄      ▄███▀  ▀███▄       ▐███       ███▌
                           ▀███▄    ▄███▀▀███▄    ▄███▀    ▀███▄      ▐███       ███▌
   █████████████████        ▀███▄  ▄███▀  ▀███▄  ▄███▀      ▀███▄     ▐███       ███▌
                             ▀███▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄███▀        ▀███▄    ▐███       ███▌
                              ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀          ▀███▄   ▐███       ███▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▀████▀        ▀████▀            ▀███▄  ▐███       ███▌
██████████████████████          ▀██▀          ▀██▀              ▀███▄ ▐███       ███▌

R E I M A G I N I N G    E N E R G Y
█▄
▄█████▄
▄████▀████▄
▄█████▌ ▐█████▄
▄███▀▀██▌ ▐██▀▀███▄
▄█████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄█████▄
█████████▄     ▄█████████
██████  ▀██▌ ▐██▀  ██████
▀██████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄██████▀
▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
▀▀██████▌ ▐██████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀▀▀▀
█████
[.
TELEGRAM    MEDIUM
TWITTER   FACEBOOK
]███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
[PRE-SALE]
C O M I N G 
SOON███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
deloreswest

Activity: 350

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 03:43:44 PM

its cause the effect of bitcoin i think. alot people turn their bitcoin into eth. it will rise till 400 maybe

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
bucksman5233

Activity: 264

TV TWO - Connect your TV to ETH Blockchain

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2017, 03:49:51 PM

ETH is doing well against USD but I don't know why it's tanking against BTC from months nearly it is just half now 0.058 which was over 0.115 in July. So those who invested in ETH with BTC are facing a good loss. Bitcoin is always the king here

Antivoid

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 03:51:08 PM

will eth set a new record? actually, i am not willing to see this, recently, i hold no btc and eth and anyother altcoins, maybe i will pay for what i have decided
cynical

Activity: 490
Merit: 136

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 03:51:33 PM

this is some news, its is hard to imagine at the moment a coin taking bitcoins place. i cannot find easily the amount of ethereum which is the maximum, i assume there is a fixed amount? anyway this is to be the second alt coin i will have

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA   mastercard   SPA   UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
rain3798

Activity: 157

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:52:34 PM

Yes, there is a possibility that this ETH will going to have a future or maybe not because you see, there's no permanent in this world. ETH might be known for today but not in the future but we cannot also disagree that there is a possibility.

katiecbell

Activity: 644

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 06:51:41 AM

Yeah, Ethereum is on a good way in the last time and I think we are going up in the next couple of months. The hardfork is a very nice thing and I expect some crazy movements after that Smiley
Indeed ethereum is making progress and it has remained as the number one altcoin for a long period now. It has shown its potential and value. Though the supply is not a very small one but its investors are greater than any other crypto coin except BTC. Honestly telling you all, the only altcoins that I have some trust in are bitcoin, monero, litecoin, waves and neo.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: