Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:48:09 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KnCMiner order/shipment mess and unfairness  (Read 5750 times)
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2013, 10:14:00 AM

Are you saying it doesn't matter how long I, as a non-first-500 person, dilly dally and blather before paying, because I somehow won't end up behind more and more non first 500 people who actually fork over the money?

-MarkM-

exactly, there is no clearly defined fair process and when you pay at the moment does not matter

Bullpucky. When *I* pay matters a lot. The fact I already paid puts me ahead of any non-golden-500 person who didn't pay before I did, I thought they actually wrote that somewhere? Or was that baseless hearsay posted by some random troll?

Heck it probably even puts me behind any non-golden-500 person who buys a slot off a slot-scalper, but that is fair in capitalism isn't it? They who fork over the gold get the golden tickets? Assuming they offer enough to convince those who actually found the things to sell them?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
mxmz.in (OP)

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 10:17:45 AM

Bullpucky. When *I* pay matters a lot. The fact I already paid puts me ahead of any non-golden-500 person who didn't pay before I did, I thought they actually wrote that somewhere? Or was that baseless hearsay posted by some random troll?

-MarkM-

Nope. They didn't reply to my email regarding order placement and shipment but they did to another guy

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=225540.msg2376984#msg2376984

And placement is not done by actual payment, not at the moment at least
r3animation

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 10:19:22 AM

Are you saying it doesn't matter how long I, as a non-first-500 person, dilly dally and blather before paying, because I somehow won't end up behind more and more non first 500 people who actually fork over the money?

-MarkM-

exactly, there is no clearly defined fair process and when you pay at the moment does not matter

Heck it probably even puts me behind any non-golden-500 person who buys a slot off a slot-scalper, but that is fair in capitalism isn't it? They who fork over the gold get the golden tickets? Assuming they offer enough to convince those who actually found the things to sell them?

-MarkM-

Do give up talking to this troll. I've given up trying to explain things to him.

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2013, 10:20:24 AM

OP:

You seem not to have understood what you just referred to.

It seems pretty clear that until they know which golden slots are actually paying within the seven day window they won't know which of them will actually still exist to be ahead of the ordered by actual payment non-golden folk like me and, maybe, one of these years, if you like what we all get, and still want some once we all got some, you...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
mxmz.in (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 10:22:54 AM

It seems pretty clear that until they know which golden slots are actually paying within the seven day window they won't know which of them will actually still exist to be ahead of the ordered by actual payment non-golden folk like me and, maybe, one of these years, if you like what we all get, and still want some once we all got some, you...

-MarkM-

Nope. I placed the non-golden order and have 7 days to pay. So the placement is not done by the payment date.
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2013, 10:24:40 AM

-MarkM-

Nope. I placed the non-golden order and have 7 days to pay. So the placement is not done by the payment date.

Ahhhh! That I did not know!

So you propose that we toss a coin to decide whether you should give me your spot, being as how I paid and you have not yet?

Or you propose you should yield your spot to me?

-MarkM-

mxmz.in (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 10:26:28 AM

-MarkM-

Ahhhh! That I did not know!

So you propose that we toss a coin to decide whether you should give me your spot, being as how I paid and you have not yet?

Or you propose you should yield your spot to me?

-MarkM-

That's what I refer to as mess and unfairness. Seems like they spin the process as they like, there are no rules.
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2013, 10:28:54 AM

Maybe some, like how much one truck can carry.

You still didn't indicate even whether you expect we are already truckloads apart or probably both on the same truck, let alone how many hours days weeks or months you expect between truckloads...

I have heard of courier companies so large and rich they can actually send more than one truck at a time to do pickups!

-MarkM-

EDIT: You should sulk at least 7 full days before paying though, just as a matter of principle! Smiley

Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 10:30:53 AM

Look FFS, the magic '500' units number only applies to the bare minimum they need to sell fund the non-reoccurring engineering costs of 28nm ASIC development in the timescale they have set themselves.

That is all.

There is no real spectacular difference to the end user other than they may receive the product earlier than those that order later *if manufacturing takes a while to reach full speed.

There are no gold and diamond encrusted first 500 units.

Those in that first 500 registered interest and placed pre-orders early before KnC pitched their idea to ORSoC. That magic 500+ was ORSoC's bare minimum of interest before they would even consider devoting time to this project.

In an unusual, but respectable manner KnC are upholding a promise they gave the first 500 by granting the, the license to keep or sell their first run preorder in gratitude for helping KnC get this project off the ground.

Integrity, or at least the perception of it. We have to see how the project pans out.

They don't want to have to deal with pre-sales via eBay, they won't support it or the tarnished image it gives. They will only support sales or pre-sale they agree to change the buyer's name on.

You may have been aware of KnC's early intentions, but through choice you decided not to keep abreast of the situation.

A week is a long time in this crazy Bitcoin ASIC development world.

For me at least it has been mentally exhausting to keep abreast and relay information to people so they can make informed choices without hopefully getting scammed by so many out to do just that.

You've done nothing but be lazy, please be an adult male and quit whining it's not a very alpha male/ masculine trait. Admit you f**ked up and try and join the queue now which shouldn't make a huge difference in the scheme of things if you have made yourself fully aware of the project and the risks, which you haven't yet done.

Do some research, real research, actually read, make up your mind.

You might find many things about this you don't like, or a lot you do.

You have to be responsible for your decisions and not blame anyone but yourself for mismanaging them.

Genuinely best of luck with whatever you decide, but stop the whining as you have no foundation for genuine complaint.

Best wishes!

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 10:35:11 AM

Also don't expect an answer from them before the weekend. If you have paid any attention so far you would know why they will be busy in the interim...pay attention!

mxmz.in (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 10:57:10 AM

OP Status:

not told [ ]
Told [ ]
Fucking told [ ]
Knights of the TOLD republic [X]

I'm not able to live up to be scammed so I'm out I guess.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 11:14:09 AM

Relax he's probably a young guy and this is clearly not the best investment for him.

He's unprepared, impatient and easy to declare himself the victim without accepting recognition for his mistakes.

Hopefully he's got the anger out of his system now. Should KnC succeed, I'm sure he will find a point of entry that suits himself better than now.

mxmz.in (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 11:14:15 AM

So basically your whole rant (whinge) was for nothing. You wouldn't have had the balls anyway in the first place to make a payment even if you had a position in the 1-500 slots.

ROFL.

You sir are the bitch of the day for today.

That's total bullshit. I have the balls to even pay for my > 500 order if the rules are set straight and I'm not donating my money for nothing.
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 02:12:27 PM

So basically your whole rant (whinge) was for nothing. You wouldn't have had the balls anyway in the first place to make a payment even if you had a position in the 1-500 slots.

ROFL.

That's total bullshit. I have the balls to even pay for my > 500 order if the rules are set straight and I'm not donating my money for nothing.

nature has a simple way to deal with baby birds who leave their nest in this mindset

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 02:19:25 PM

ROFL.

nature has a simple way to deal with baby birds who leave their nest in this mindset

ironcross360

Activity: 140

Troll of the Fourth Reich.

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 02:21:33 PM

ROFL.

Why are you just staring at this? Just send it! 1MHZjADM41ttjbPUiTPYWGYGm45XLf8ZeS
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 10:59:23 PM

ROFL.

awesome clip......thx!   love the one that raises his head at the end and runs over

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Betatester

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 10:18:02 PM

Have an order confirmation dated 2013-05-14. Never heard of them again. Account is now unknown. WTF

1LdXn1PKhzLYT45W4sCUR1yqXNuiY1MLYw
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 11:14:20 PM

So, you didn't take advantage of the numerous KnC group buys?  Well then...

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
██████