Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:01:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DON'T DO PANIC SELLING !!!  (Read 8879 times)
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 06:13:02 AM

Well it is easier said than done. When you are put to a spot where the traders see that their portfolio is red your emotions will overshadow your thinking making you have wrong decisions and often lead to messing up your plan. When you are affected psychologically it really won't help you as you will see that Bitcoin is really going down fast and you will always think that it is a game over for Bitcoin making them cut their losses. For me when to avoid scenarios like this you must observe the charts in order to know where the trend will go.
Yes I agree with you there is no need to make any panic in selling of bitcoin always keep your eyes on market trade when you see the price is high then sell your bitcoins because bitcoin is now one of the stronger and good currency around the world and it change his price in a week fast so need to be careful about selling.
It is better to just hold your bitcoin and keep it on a safe place rather than selling it even the price is falling down. If you will do panic selling then you will lose your opportunity to make money in bitcoin and the chance for getting the benefits of bitcoin in the future will be gone. Bitcoin is still developing and the dumps are still common in bitcoin so just take advantage of those dumps and buy those dumps to get cheaper bitcoin for long term investment.
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kabul

Activity: 619
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 06:26:47 AM

I have a very bad experience with panic selling and it stung me a lot. It happened a few months before halving about two years ago. The price dipped to somewhere around $300 or $400, and I sold a small bulk of my coins. A few days later, the price went up then when the halving came, the price doubled. Nowadays, I hold on to my coins like a barnacle holding on to a rock.  Grin
haha. Never being panic Bro. It is the main key in this world because when you are panic, you can not make a good decision and it can easily consume a big amount of your money. Always make your head cold. Be wise and be the one who controls everything. Control your emotion, your balance, you money, your coin and many other things. Blockchain is the future. It will always increase the price

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

alisafidel58

Activity: 364
Merit: 127

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 06:32:35 AM

I have a very bad experience with panic selling and it stung me a lot. It happened a few months before halving about two years ago. The price dipped to somewhere around $300 or $400, and I sold a small bulk of my coins. A few days later, the price went up then when the halving came, the price doubled. Nowadays, I hold on to my coins like a barnacle holding on to a rock.  Grin

I have the same experience like you do,I didnt notice that the halving of bitcoin was coming i sold about 10 bitcoin.
I did panic when i saw the market was kinda low and read some online news,the lose on that time still in my memories.
darthmaul

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 06:35:54 AM

It is never that easy to put a statement in front of emotional traders. Most of the crypto community consist of panic sellers due to very human nature that we can’t alter. If everyone had courage to keep the investment as it is then the price will never drop. It’s very clear thing that bitcoin rate goes down only if there are people who are selling it on mass scale. That’s the easy way to fluctuate the market in reverse way as well. But as we can see it neve happens and people will always choose what they want and panic.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
BlueStackz
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:10:58 AM

Bitcoin's price dropping and decreasing is only normal. It is highly volatile and there is no guarantee when the price will increase or decrease. If you will be affected by the FUDs and do panic selling you'll just incur some losses. Just keep calm and hodl, the future for bitcoin is very bright.
I agree, panic selling is also the reason why bitcoin price is decreasing. So maybe if all of us will stick to hold our bitcoins and will not sell it, bitcoin price will stay with its price and continue to rise. But hard fork is now coming so we can't blame everybody to make panic selling. They are all just taking care of their bitcoin. Just like me, I also don't want to lose my bitcoins. Cheesy
Yes there are many facts and figures that must been seen and observed clearly when you are taking a start in business. Some of these facts are strong enough that they have a stunning part in development and success of business. One of them is being panic. Business is all around the decisions and being panic, you will be only doing wrong decisions and this is final. Be patient.

AVAMONEY

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:32:48 AM

each person must have his own desire in making a profit.
so it will be difficult to be able to unify the joint decision to hold bitcoin when the price drops or otherwise
unknown-user

Activity: 445

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:00:25 AM

Hey everyone Smiley

finally the price of bitcoins is increasing and was becoming more stable but ! Its price is again decreasing now... You know it will be very nice if you guys instead of dumping them hold on to them...
Dumping the bitcoins in panic because of the fear of the price never reaching this high value in future.. does affects the price of bitcoins in a very bad way!
Yes some people get profit form it but!!!it decrease your future chances of earning even more higher profit... And so does for everyone else...

This is absolutely right. The best thing to do whenever the market value of Bitcoin is falling is to Hold and patiently wait until its market value rise again. If a user, especially an investor is aiming for profit, holding will be a better idea than selling. Bitcoin is volatile so dumps should always be expected but as what always happen, it will eventually increase after a week or even a day.

appleffi

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

One of a kind

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:16:36 AM

Hey everyone Smiley

finally the price of bitcoins is increasing and was becoming more stable but ! Its price is again decreasing now... You know it will be very nice if you guys instead of dumping them hold on to them...
Dumping the bitcoins in panic because of the fear of the price never reaching this high value in future.. does affects the price of bitcoins in a very bad way!
Yes some people get profit form it but!!!it decrease your future chances of earning even more higher profit... And so does for everyone else...

I prefer to hold BTC for a long time for now, why? because what I can see and feel on its current status is very positive. BTC's value now a days are growing faster everyday though there's a time where it falls hard, still it does not remain on its falling state for a long time. Also, as a passive person in this kind of market, its best that you should keep it first until you understand BTC's status.

White Christmas

Activity: 882
Merit: 258

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:23:54 AM

Hey everyone Smiley

Yes do not do panic selling even its price was dumping why? Because its normal. The price of bitcoin was not stable so there are times that it decreases and increases. I might focus on holding it, in fact it was a great lesson to my classmate who taught me about what bitcoin is. He was regretting for not holding it. Because if he do holding on that time, he was one of the bitcoin billionaire now because of its high price.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
thinkdifferent

Activity: 212

ASK ME FOR LOANS

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:35:57 AM

No one is panic selling, everyone is just joining the crash to cut losses every ATH is followed by a rough correction.
Correction is not yet felt maybe because of the hype.

But some people do a panic selling when they don't have knowledge about what they bought.

ASK ME FOR LOANS
mharz

Activity: 336
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 10:12:05 AM

Hey everyone Smiley

Yes do not do panic selling even its price was dumping why? Because its normal. The price of bitcoin was not stable so there are times that it decreases and increases. I might focus on holding it, in fact it was a great lesson to my classmate who taught me about what bitcoin is. He was regretting for not holding it. Because if he do holding on that time, he was one of the bitcoin billionaire now because of its high price.
Yes we have no need to panic this time even hard fork happen, because we all know that segwit have less affect to the crypto currency society now. I know last hard fork are hardly given to us a bad impression on the first, but after segwit or hard fork many users are celabrate for the continues increasing of bitcoin value together with the altcoins.
trecore4

Activity: 658
Merit: 260

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:14:31 PM

Yeah getting panicked about our investment is first step towards the loss, lot of it! Just look at the current live example of bitcoin gold (despite its nature) it is being dumped like anything and people can’t just hold it until the hardfork is happened. It is so clear that if you wait altogether then we could have hold the price of 0.08 btc to 0.1 btc per bitcoin gold and after the fork it could have hiked double. But no, there are always groups which will start the panic chain reaction leading to all the dumping.

Same thing happens with bitcoin whenever it is dumped it ruins the profit of good investor or holder as well as panic seller too. Hope this will change some day to get us bigger profits.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
redfin31

Activity: 700
Merit: 275

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:25:44 PM

agree with u, just don't panic with decrease btc price it will increase again very soon. and the problem is people can't wait when btc price are down, especially when hardfork are coming.

waynechong1995

Activity: 644
Merit: 117

swing!

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 01:30:58 PM

That's how market works dude, at certain level people would start speculate a dump and the chain reaction would follow, and should continue until a perceived safe price by the community and goes up again. Bitcoin has been very stable since the increasing market cap this year, no big dump has been observed after the segwit FUD. Sometimes it's good to follow the dump a little bit and rebuy at a better entrance, up and downs are all profitable if the market growth is natural - with some level of fluctuation but overall positive.

BTC needs to circulate the market rather treating it like pure gold, that's how i look at it.

nelsledma

Activity: 572
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:45:54 PM

We can not do this because the bitcoins are also needed by its users.

So when there's a panic selling we expect that the bitcoins will actually fall down. Especially if we can not stop it, we know that when it goes, then we can return to $ 200 a bitcoins.
The ones who used to do such kind of things at the time when the prices are falling down are the ones who are suffering a lot than any other person. At the time when the prices are falling down, getting panic cannot help you in getting anything fruitful. In fact this will add up more troubles for you. You need to remain patient at that time and keep on holding your bitcoins for having profit.
lazaruseffect11

Activity: 161

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:59:44 PM

Hey everyone Smiley

Nothing good will happen if someone do something when in panic. It is because they cant think critically and also theyre nervous about what they are doing. So dont do panic buying as well as panic selling. Know the time when to buy and sell bitcoin. You can do that by continuosly monitoring its unstable price.
Sidiq SP

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 02:20:59 PM

ready, sometimes I panic, especially when the value of coin down, especially if it fell too deep, sometimes until it has a thought in the sale loss
GreenStox

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 02:26:02 PM

I have experienced is when panic selling, I regret and loss due to panic selling. so don't ever sell when the panic, because the price will always move up and down, so the panic is not the right time to sell if you don't want to regret it.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 02:30:16 PM

Sometimes it's hard not to panic and keep calm. But when the price falls it's a good chance to buy Bitcoin but not to sell it. Because in a few days the price will increase again and you will be very sorry. You have to be patient.

Honestly, for someone who is going to be holding for long, I do not see any reason why they should panic. Most people are just in this ride looking for the fastest ways to double their money and have no idea what bitcoin is even all about. Ask some people today to tell you what they understand about the blockchain technology, they will blab rubbish.
However, if you understand the value of bitcoin and also understand the volatility after monitoring and studying the movement since the beginning, then you will see dips as blessings instead.
This is just pretty right. Bitcoin is totally still undervalued, so what any hypocrite wants to say won't stop the value from increasing the more. As the adoption keeps increasing we will keep seeing the value rising the more and at this stage, compare the adoption to when we will have mass adoption.

Just as you have said as well, the fact that we are still early adopters is why we are experiencing this high volatility, a time will come when the volatility will reduce and we will end up seeing the light volatility seen by other currencies which is normal and not worry too much about it.
geopolisch

Activity: 1022
Merit: 511

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 01:32:47 PM

I have the same experience like you do,I didnt notice that the halving of bitcoin was coming i sold about 10 bitcoin.
I did panic when i saw the market was kinda low and read some online news,the lose on that time still in my memories.
This loss of 10 bitcoins have in fact taught you a very good lesson. You will not go for panic selling from no onwards. This is really a common issue especially for the ones who are new to this business. They get panic at the time when they see the prices of the coins going down and instead of just remaining patient, they go for selling which in return results in huge loss. Patience is the key.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: