Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 06:49:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL creates new charity project to donate 1000 BTC to [ROFL!]  (Read 8492 times)
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 09:31:26 AM

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/content/134-butterfly-labs-donates-1000-btc-charity-bitcoin-related-projects.html

Nice. Create your own charity project and then donate 1000 BTC to yourself because you still control the money supply or "honey pot". Tongue

BFL is seriously dirty players.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 09:47:06 AM

Un-believeable!

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
pitan

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 09:49:03 AM

What nonsense! Their limits know no bounds! I think they are planning their exit strategy anybody agree?
Hand the money from right to the left hand...
Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 09:55:30 AM

Un-believeable!

Really ? I'm not in the least bit surprised

Lohoris

Activity: 630

Bitgoblin

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 09:59:42 AM

I think they are planning their exit strategy anybody agree?
yep!

I guess they moved funds there, hoping they won't be confiscated.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 10:23:23 AM

Laughable.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Red_Evil

Activity: 1484

Across The Universe

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 10:33:37 AM

Lol

we talked about a charity

A donation is a gift given by physical or legal persons, typically for charitable purposes and/or to benefit a cause. A donation may take various forms, including cash offering, services, new or used goods including clothing, toys, food, and vehicles. It also may consist of emergency, relief or humanitarian aid items, development aid support, and can also relate to medical care needs as i.e. blood or organs for transplant. Charitable gifts of goods or services are also called gifts in kind.

A charitable organization is a type of non-profit organization (NPO). It differs from other types of NPOs in that it centers on non-profit and philanthropic goals as well as social well-being (e.g. charitable, educational, religious, or other activities serving the public interest or common good).

The legal definition of charitable organization (and of Charity) varies according to the country and in some instances the region of the country in which the charitable organization operates. The regulation, tax treatment, and the way in which charity law affects charitable organizations also varies.

Financial figures (e.g., tax refund, revenue from fundraising, revenue from sale of goods and services or revenue from investment) are important indicators to assess the financial sustainability of a charity, especially to charity evaluators. This information can impact a charity's reputation with donors and societies, and thus the charity's financial gains.

mezzomix
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1253

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 10:51:46 AM

Roll Eyes

If you shake hands with somebody from BFL, I recommend to count your fingers afterwards!
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 11:37:22 AM

OK... This should do it for a scammer tag.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
San1ty

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 12:32:39 PM

Euh, What's wrong with that? If you look at the website they created they are donating to projects, effectively spending the amount.
Ok, they aren't sending 1000 BTC to a traditional charity, but they are still giving it away...

Found my posts helpful? Consider buying me a beer :-)!:
BTC - 1San1tyUGhfWRNPYBF4b6Vaurq5SjFYWk NXT - 17063113680221230777
shackleford

Activity: 281
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 01:03:14 PM

...the human fund
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 01:06:50 PM

Euh, What's wrong with that? If you look at the website they created they are donating to projects, effectively spending the amount.

They are donating to the EFF (which won't take it), their own paid shill and contractor (luke-jr/BFGminer) and another paid shill and contractor (CGminer/ckolivas/Kano)
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 01:12:28 PM

Un-believeable!

Really ? I'm not in the least bit surprised
Honestly, neither am I.

It was expected and even joked about that they might do this....then they did.

Celebrities and Companies (scummy ones) do it all the time.

It is a trick to remove taxes, a good PR stunt and most importantly...you dont' actually donate to anyone. Is BFL doing this for those reasons, I don't know.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 01:16:25 PM

Ok, they aren't sending 1000 BTC to a traditional charity, but they are still giving it away...
Donation as a form of self propelling ones buisness is not a donation. (in my book)

Coca Cola might "donate" to a supplier that then mines a mineral that goes into their [own] products and reduces cost to their bottom line.

Is it a real donation?

If they fund projects "omni-directionally" that deal with BitCoin (and not their specific products), then yes, they would passably be donating.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4508
Merit: 1815

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 01:18:45 PM

They are donating to the EFF (which won't take it), their own paid shill and contractor (luke-jr/BFGminer) and another paid shill and contractor (CGminer/ckolivas/Kano)
Yeah fuck you too.
... and no I didn't get any so fuck you again Smiley

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 01:22:32 PM

Yeah fuck you too.
Oh smart, they could very well say the free machines they "donated" to Kano are indeed producing coins for his benefit. LOL

---------------

I just thought of something for you to use Sonny/Josh/Et al.

You don't even need to donate 1000BTC. Just claim that Kano's 1 jally will eventually produce 1000 coins over it's life (30 some odd years). This way you don't actually have to produce 1000 BTC.

Sounds good? Cheesy Wink
TheSwede75

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 01:24:41 PM

Though it seems a little "off" I wouldn't bet EFF wouldn't take it. It's also a great organization. The other two seems just like ways to pay contractors with 'gift money' which is a little shady.
greyhawk

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 01:36:05 PM

Yeah fuck you too.

Yeah, I found that a little strange also. They should have at least sent it to you. It was you writing the drivers wasn't it?
greyhawk

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 01:40:52 PM

Though it seems a little "off" I wouldn't bet EFF wouldn't take it.

EFF has always been "Can't you just leave us alone with your coin thingies? Pretty please? I mean really why do we have to go through that whole spiel every other month?" up till now.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 01:43:41 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2013, 01:55:45 PM by Bitcoinorama

OK... This should do it for a scammer tag.

+1,000,000

It wasn't the bulk chips that broke the camel's back, that just confirmed they are financially insecure in delivering on promises.

This however is clearly fraud.

Loosing a bet and agreeing to donate to charity is just that, giving the entire monies to a worthy organisation that will use it responsibly.

Not creating your own charity, and especially not when the entire point you lost was in acknowledgment of your inabilities to handle your own responsibility and deliver paid for products on time to a pre agreed and promised spec assured your irresponsibility.

And especially not after the bull$**t subsequent.

I was willing to give BFL the benefit of the doubt, but this speaks volumes.

Not impressed at all!

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: