Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:52:06 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Holy Grail BOUNTY  (Read 36294 times)
JaSK

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 03:17:37 PM

As you can see in my git history I managed to implement most of the required bitcoin api calls.

We can now verify that certain transactions have been made (if we have the tx id) so my next step is to implement the actual escrow protocol.

Iirc that requires just three more api functions (create-, sign- and sendrawtransaction) which shouldn't be difficult and some GUI elements and buttons.
At the beginning this won't be very comfortable to use (addresses and tx ids will have to be shared and typed in manually) but we can probably automate part of that process by communicating over bitmessage or direct p2p connections. But that will take more time and I'll have to ask FellowTraveler how he'd like it to be done.
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2013, 03:21:35 PM

Also please note that http://ciyam.org has had a complete design rework.

We are keen to continue working with the Moneychanger project and encourage skilled devs to sign up.

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
fellowtraveler (OP)

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 09:08:06 AM
Last edit: October 31, 2013, 11:21:26 PM by fellowtraveler

There are many contributors who I'm sure want a quick UPDATE on status, and we're making LOTS of EXCITING PROGRESS!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

First, here are the main project tasks as posted on the "Ciyam Open" project management site:

Systray GUI with OT integration   General UI   BTC:   10.000
Namecoin integration (credentials)   Integration   BTC:   7.500
HTTP Interface                     General UI   BTC:   8.000
Colored coins integration         Integration   BTC:   10.000
Bitmessage integration            Integration   BTC:   11.000
Bitcoin Integration (Multisig)         Integration   BTC:   10.000
Internationalization                  General UI   BTC:   5.000
Integration with legacy banking      Integration   BTC:   12.000
Markets UI                           General UI   BTC:   7.000

------------------------------------------------------------------------

LATEST STATUS ON TASKS:

-------------------------------------------------

Systray GUI with OT integration   General UI   BTC:   10.000

Since Xenland stopped working on this, I have taken over personally, courtesy of Monetas.

I'm nearly done! It's working great, and I will be posting a video really soon!

For those who have seen the iPhone video already, the functionality is basically the same, except more powerful. The UI is very similar and looks great... finally a real UI people can use for OT! Hopefully we can start making an official install program soon.

Here's my commit history:
https://github.com/Open-Transactions/Moneychanger/commits/master

===> Once this task is completed (video coming soon) I will split the bounty between myself and Xenland, based on the difference in code.

===> I will not keep my share of the bounty, but will re-distribute it among the existing tasks of the project.

Namecoin integration (credentials)   Integration   BTC:   7.500

The purpose of this integration is to allow us to eliminate Certificate Authorities, by making revokable OT credentials through Namecoin. (And to support other credential systems as well, with Namecoin just being the first one integrated.)

There's a developer working on this Namecoin integration, and I've been in regular contact with him -- he's progressing rapidly.

We are near the point now of adding it to the UI with full-functionality!

On Sept 17th, the developer wrote:

just a quick status update from my work on the Namecoin integration, in case you are interested.
I've now mostly finished a first version of libnmcrpc, which I'll use to communicate to Namecoin.
The code can be found at https://gitorious.org/libnmcrpc and already supports wallet unlocking,
querying of Namecoin names, signing and verifying messages and name registration
including semi-automatic handling of name_new/name_firstupdate,
although I still have some things to polish there.

On October 5th, he wrote:

I've already registered some names with my code and am working on finishing code to handle
multiple name registration processes conveniently (possibly in different "stages" of name_new / name_firstupdate
and waiting for confirmations.)

On October 16th, he wrote:

I've finished the work (at least for now) on the base Namecoin library, it
now supports registering and managing the registration processes of
multiple names.  It also includes a command-line utility that can be
used to register names and watch the registration processes including
"automatic" name_new / name_firstupdate, and I already used it
successfully to register some names for myself.

On October 18th, he wrote:

I'm also implementing a method with the signature:
virtual bool VerifyCredentialHashAtSource(hash, source);

===> The best part of this is that Namecoin is just an example of the kinds of credentials OT will now be able to support!

===> OT also supports self-signed credentials, as well as CA-based certs (through OpenSSL.)

===> Since this is implemented through an abstract interface, it will be trivial to support other identification systems, such as GPG web-of-trust, BitShares' BitIDs, Retroshare, etc.

HTTP Interface            General UI   BTC:   8.000

No one is working on this one yet, but now that basic functionality is nearly done, it shouldn't be hard to add an HTTP interface on a local loopback address.

This will enable many other applications to integrate, including web apps.

Bitcoin Integration (Multisig)      Integration   BTC:   10.000

JaSK has been kicking ass on the Bitcoin integration! He's got multi-sig coded!

On October 8th, he wrote:

We can now verify that certain transactions have been made (if we have the tx id) so my next step is to implement the actual escrow protocol.

His commit history on October 21st says:

ESCROW MOTHERFUCKING WORKS THEORETICALLY - Added all missing functions required for receiving, verifying, creating, signing and sending to and from p2sh addresses and tested them successfully in a simple 2-of-2-escrow.

A lot more testing needs to be done and there are still some things I need to check to make sure noone gets scammed but all major issues are out of the way.

In the next commits I will do some cleaning up and commenting, create some helper functions and structures to hold information about the current state of outstanding escrow transactions and add GUI items so more people can start testing how well it actually works.

See his commit history:
https://github.com/tuttleorbuttle/Moneychanger/commits/master

TL;DR: This means we are finally going to have multi-sig voting pools on OT! (These will enable an OT server to process Bitcoin transactions, without having to trust that OT server with your Bitcoins.)

(I mean frankly, isn't everyone in the Bitcoin community tired of having to trust all the various servers out there with their coins?)

JaSK recently asked:

we can probably automate part of that process by communicating over bitmessage or direct p2p connections.
But that will take more time and I'll have to ask FellowTraveler how he'd like it to be done.

The answer is: When a user wishes to move Bitcoins into OT, he will be sending the coins multi-sig, using your code as described above. As long as I am able to send and verify those coins, and as long as I am able to perform multi-sig votes to remove those coins back out, then I will be able to do the rest on the OT side. Bitmessage will not be needed for this, but if you want to get started on the Bitmessage integration, it's definitely needed for other pieces.

Integration with legacy banking   Integration   BTC:   12.000

As you guys know, we have a 12 BTC bounty on implementing this protocol for p2p transfer of funds in/out of legacy banking systems:
http://pastebin.com/SsLrxVP6

The protocol requires the use of smart contracts for dispute resolution inside OT (which OT is able to do) but it also involves integration with legacy systems.

Fortunately, people have been working on the integration, and there is now alpha software ready for testing!

See this thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=173220.msg3429555#msg3429555

The next step is to integrate this (through an abstract interface) into the new GUI, and use OT smart contracts for escrow and dispute resolution.

The abstract interface will allow us to swap in alternate solutions as well, so we are not reliant on any one. But I have to say, it looks like these guys have done some great work so far.

Colored coins integration      Integration   BTC:   10.000

Not yet started.

We'll use an abstract interface here so we can handle disparate systems such as colored coins, master coins, bitshares, etc.

(OT strives to be agnostic on this sort of thing.)

BTW, we are also integrating with Project Praesto by ninjabanker, which is another system for providing fiat in/out, which uses Bitcoin reserves in order to eliminate the need for an "issuer" entity (normally trusted to hold the reserves in dollars / euros / etc)

I'm really excited about this solution, since it will take advantage of OT-based virtual corporations and of course, since it enables us to eliminate the issuer.

Bitmessage integration         Integration   BTC:   11.000

The original purposes of this integration:

1. Server-to-server wiring of funds.
2. Distributed exchange.
3. Integration with legacy banking.

Well, a great new benefit is being added to the pile:

4. Distributed bazaar. (Like E-Bay, except without the server.)

I realized a few weeks ago how easy this would be to add, using the same Bitmessage integration we already had planned.

So I worked out the UI with Yamamushi's help, and have started adding it to the GUI app.

This bazaar will not be functional until the Bitmessage integration is ready, but I do expect to have it all working soon.

Internationalization         General UI   BTC:   0.000

The Subtask in Ciyam Open appears to show a zero balance, but rest assured, a contributor put 5 BTC towards Internationalization, but the money is in the top-level wallet so it's showing incorrectly as a zero on the subtask. But the 5 BTC is really there, so if anyone wants to consider Internationalization of this project, there's a good reward waiting for you.

Update: Internationalization work has begun! See this commit history from one of our contributors:
https://github.com/Open-Transactions/Moneychanger/commit/023b0a0a649e7023d2c7dc10c9c8a3c692c97227

Markets UI               General UI   Open   7.000

Yamamushi is working on this page but I'm not sure of his current status. I will probably sync up with him sometime this week.

I will update the Ciyam Open project soon, once I have the video ready showing off the new GUI. (I hope to record one this week.)

co-founder, Monetas
creator, Open-Transactions
minimalB
Donator

Activity: 674
Merit: 522

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 09:33:13 AM

You guys kick ass! Thanks for the update!
phelix
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1020

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 10:22:42 AM

Thanks for the update. The Namecoin developer clearly is best in class, give him a bonus!
btctraderr

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 11:47:31 AM

Awesome, what address can I donate to?
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 12:11:36 PM

Awesome, what address can I donate to?

You can see the address for the project itself from here: http://ciyam.org/open/?cmd=view&data=20130606055250338000&ident=M100V137&chksum=a2a9d6d5

If you are more interested to donate to a specific task then scroll down and click on that task to see its address (each specific task has a specific address).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

JaSK

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 02:30:24 PM

JaSK recently asked:

we can probably automate part of that process by communicating over bitmessage or direct p2p connections.
But that will take more time and I'll have to ask FellowTraveler how he'd like it to be done.

The answer is: When a user wishes to move Bitcoins into OT, he will be sending the coins multi-sig, using your code as described above. As long as I am able to send and verify those coins, and as long as I am able to perform multi-sig votes to remove those coins back out, then I will be able to do the rest on the OT side. Bitmessage will not be needed for this, but if you want to get started on the Bitmessage integration, it's definitely needed for other pieces.

I haven't had a proper look at the other parts of Moneychanger/OT yet so I'm not sure what we can and can't do.
Just to clarify:
As part of the escrow protocol each involved party has to share things like public keys, transaction ids, signed transactions,.. with each other via a secure communication channel.

For testing we can just share those things via messenger and enter them in textboxes but that won't be very convenient or secure :p
Is communication between the parties something I don't have to worry about?
fellowtraveler (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 02:58:03 PM

As part of the escrow protocol each involved party has to share things like public keys, transaction ids, signed transactions,.. with each other via a secure communication channel.

For testing we can just share those things via messenger and enter them in textboxes but that won't be very convenient or secure :p
Is communication between the parties something I don't have to worry about?

Correct.

As long as the basic functions are in place allowing us to send to multi-sig, verify multi-sig, and vote to release multi-sig, then all other communication should be handled inside OT as part of the bailment protocol.

co-founder, Monetas
SimonBelmond

Activity: 226

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 04:02:51 PM

Thanks for all the hard work. I am very much looking foreward to the first installer version.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2013, 05:02:22 AM

Wohoo! You made my day FT! Now if only I had some free time to install OT on my system and actually play around with it  Undecided
dacoinminster
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1031

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2013, 10:50:50 PM

Well, a great new benefit is being added to the pile:

4. Distributed bazaar. (Like E-Bay, except without the server.)

I realized a few weeks ago how easy this would be to add, using the same Bitmessage integration we already had planned.

Ooooo. Nice. We (MasterCoin) have plans for distributed e-commerce too, but I'm a little worried about getting in trouble, since it can be used as a "distributed silk road". That's why that feature is currently at the bottom of the priority list. I do think there are legitimate uses for it, which is why it is on our todo list. I'd like to get the less controversial features done first though.

Exciting times. I hope you'll post screenshots soon of some of this stuff in action Smiley

fellowtraveler (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 11:53:47 PM

We (MasterCoin) have plans for distributed e-commerce too, but I'm a little worried about getting in trouble, since it can be used as a "distributed silk road".

Certainly I would never condone such operations, nor would I ever personally mis-use the software in such a way.

I do think there are legitimate uses for it, which is why it is on our todo list.

Clearly E-Bay is a big example of "legitimate uses", so that point IMO is without question demonstrably true.

Unfortunately I believe they are also ripe for disruption. (See, for example, their abuse of power vis-a-vis their prohibition on Bitcoin-related products.)

co-founder, Monetas
lclc

Activity: 298
Merit: 275

Bitcoin Association Switzerland

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2013, 10:27:08 AM

I've just made a pull request for the internationalization part.
This adds a settings window where you can choose your language (based on the available translations files (.qm) in the "translations" folder).
So far there is only US English and German, where German has just 2 windows translated (for debugging). I expect a few changes for the UI until the first release, that's why I don't recommend starting translating yet.

A short how-to for translators and developers is in /documentation/translating.

I hope for later we can count on the OT/Bitcoin community to translate Moneychanger in many different languages Smiley

Any open points for internationalization expect the language I didn't think of?

I'll have a look at the HTTP-Interface now. I would inform you if I definitely start working on this.

Edit: I've also written a small Windows installer (very easy with InnoSetup), but I didn't have the time to test it and to build OT for Windows.

StarenseN
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 1362

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 10:31:05 AM

Following.

Activity: 144

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 12:56:16 AM

I'd really like to code colored coins support for this. bitcoinx / NGCCC is implemented enough that this is possible now. The task status on Ciyam seems to be "review due", is it available?
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2013, 12:20:36 PM

I'd really like to code colored coins support for this. bitcoinx / NGCCC is implemented enough that this is possible now. The task status on Ciyam seems to be "review due", is it available?

FellowTraveller will need to set a new "review due" to a future date and then re-open the task (I think he will be doing that soon).

fellowtraveler (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 01:31:22 AM

co-founder, Monetas
phelix
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1020

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 08:57:16 AM

Looks great!

Did you hear about Zero Reserve? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=295930.0   Could there be some synergy effects that these two noble projects could benefit from?
Voodah

Activity: 266

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 10:57:30 PM

Coming along nicely.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: