Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 10:32:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to avoid ICO scam  (Read 7790 times)
Coldsnap4457

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

STOCKBET TOKEN SALE OCT 29 - USABLE SOFTWARE TODAY

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:18:16 AM

Best way to avoid scams, is to avoid any ICOs that do that not have any working software.

virtualkeybuyer

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:23:47 AM

Best way to avoid scams, is to avoid any ICOs that do that not have any working software.

The other way to find a scam ICO is that the owner of the ICO will not have any well knowledge about what the project he want to start. He only kow that he have to start an ICO and do not work hard for the rest of the project only prepare everything with an expert and then come to announce everything without any formal rules of the forum. he do not reply to any technical reply from the people of the forum.
Cofee.BLUE

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:49:09 AM

It wont be easy to avoid scam because many ico's were advertising and having a sweet introdictions of their campaigns, but when the real campaign starts it is very hard for them to give and they will scam people, but their are many ways to avoid that, for me you can avoid scam by knowing and searching deeply about what you are joining, deeping your knowledge will help, and also the familiarity is very important for you to be secured. Assurance will be a big part in avoiding scam.Be careful and alert for you to determine if it is a scam or legit.
marcbitcoins

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 02:01:10 AM

I mean, is there an exact list of rules that could guarantee that someone who follows them will surely not become a victim of another ICO scam. Of course there are obvious rules like event participation, reputation of team members among ather prifessionals, approve by well-known advisors. But potential scammers also know all these criteria and know what to fake exactly.

Is there a 'blockchain way' to create an algorithm, scheme or set of conditions allowing to recognise and ban scammers? Not government laws way which also good for the market in my opinion.

Would be appreciate a link to an old thread, perhaps I just didn't find it.

UPD Best Advices:
  • learn about previous ICO projects, select viable ones and participate similar ICOs

For me i learn here in this forum that one of the best way to avoiding an ICO is a scam was thru campaign manager. We should know who is the campaign manager is because they are the one to do fully research about the ICO if the certain ICO is a legit or not because their long time good reputation will be at stakes. Choosing a good campaign manager should be check their rank in which legendary and hero is the most trusted plus their trust and reputation rating is not at negative red sign.
triquoctien

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 02:55:12 AM

How can I find this coin ?
inthelongrun

Activity: 1778
Merit: 598

The Martian Child

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 03:12:27 AM

I mean, is there an exact list of rules that could guarantee that someone who follows them will surely not become a victim of another ICO scam. Of course there are obvious rules like event participation, reputation of team members among ather prifessionals, approve by well-known advisors. But potential scammers also know all these criteria and know what to fake exactly.

Is there a 'blockchain way' to create an algorithm, scheme or set of conditions allowing to recognise and ban scammers? Not government laws way which also good for the market in my opinion.

UPD Best Advices:
  • learn about previous ICO projects, select viable ones and participate similar ICOs

If you want an app or an invention that would simply answers yes or no, or scam or legit, when you input a specific ICO, the answer is none. There are sites though that present their own assessments of ongoing and future ICOs. There are also sites that publish their rankings of top ICOs.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
rhamzter

Activity: 420
Merit: 282

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 03:53:36 AM

It wont be easy to avoid scam because many ico's were advertising and having a sweet introdictions of their campaigns, but when the real campaign starts it is very hard for them to give and they will scam people, but their are many ways to avoid that, for me you can avoid scam by knowing and searching deeply about what you are joining, deeping your knowledge will help, and also the familiarity is very important for you to be secured. Assurance will be a big part in avoiding scam.Be careful and alert for you to determine if it is a scam or legit.
It is hard for us to defined the ICO's scam, because if you read their advertisement it gives you all information regarding with the project. Moreover their convincing power was so strength, so the tendency is to join them even you have lack of knowledge. In addition most of the scammer ICO's have gives you a lot of good things that attract you to join in the campaign.
rcactech

Activity: 5

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 04:12:49 AM

Due diligence is a must how much research is up to you. Then decide how much you are willing to risk remember greater the risk greater the pay day. I will drop $100-500 into a legit ICO and hope for the best. Got 3 for my money this week then learn to trade on the exchanges. If they all lose I got an education for the next round but my research tells me otherwise. The world is changing wealth will transfer as the Dollar dies I will not sit on the sidelines. I go in with no fear of loss spread across several baskets hoping there is a grand slam in my choices resolved to be on the money side.        
dg2010

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 04:13:12 AM

It is hard for us to defined the ICO's scam, because if you read their advertisement it gives you all information regarding with the project. Moreover their convincing power was so strength, so the tendency is to join them even you have lack of knowledge. In addition most of the scammer ICO's have gives you a lot of good things that attract you to join in the campaign.

Yes, I strongly believe that 99% devs will provide good information about their ICOs to investors. So, there is one way to help you that you must have more knowledge to avoid scams.
Latrix

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 04:26:06 AM

Do your research and due diligent checks on whichever ICO you are interested in. I supposed scams are unavoidable, but doing your checks sure helps reducing the rates on investing on a scammed ICO.
hyunee

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 05:09:37 AM

You just need to gather a lot of information for you to know more about icos you are going to invest. Having enough knowledge and faith will make you successful in using icos.
FrankNoland
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 06:30:24 AM

UPD Best Advices:

In my opinion, I think that reading should be the first rule before you can actually consider investing in any ICO, a lot of investors who usually get scammed are those who hardly read and understand the projects they are willing to invest in.

If you read and understand the idea behind the project, its rare that you will get scammed. Read almost every document that is related to the project, understand and familiarise yourself with the team behind and ensure that their profiles are not fake. Further ensure that documents such as the whitepaper, roadmap are brought forward and understand everything that is written on the white paper.

Digital asset exchange for settlement, clearing, custody and trading of various digital assets, utilizing distributed ledger technologies, programmed on the blockchain -https://bex.global
Cixboy61

Activity: 238
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 10:59:55 AM

First you can be sure that the project and website is looking good. After that, you should read their whitepaper carrefully and try to learn something about dev team members.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     A N T E X     / // ///     MULTI-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED PROTOCOLS & SERVICES     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Telegram Group     >     Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Medium     |     Whitepaper     <     Telegram Channel
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Sewarlock

Activity: 116

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 11:49:01 AM

make sure to come in direct contact with the founders of the project. Reliable projects always have the team available on various social media (twitter, telegram etc.) and it gives everyone the chance to ask any question about the project, which can be useful if you know what questions to ask. Other things you can do: read the whitepaper (does it make sense? are the suggestions reasonable?), if it's a poorly made whitepaper it's a good chance that it's a poorly run project as well, last but not least. Check if they have a working product/prototype for whatever they want to launch
DarkSi

Activity: 294
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 08:09:30 PM

UPD Best Advices:

In my opinion, I think that reading should be the first rule before you can actually consider investing in any ICO, a lot of investors who usually get scammed are those who hardly read and understand the projects they are willing to invest in.

If you read and understand the idea behind the project, its rare that you will get scammed. Read almost every document that is related to the project, understand and familiarise yourself with the team behind and ensure that their profiles are not fake. Further ensure that documents such as the whitepaper, roadmap are brought forward and understand everything that is written on the white paper.

Agree about it. I would also recommend to think about the value blockchaing technology brings to the product
shekt4

Activity: 95

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:40:00 PM

The whole thing baffles me.
faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:56:56 PM

There were ICOs that is so good to be true, they offer promising profit but the project is questionable. For us to determine if an ICO is a SCAM, we have to be sure that the development team is credible, we might background check their profile wether they true or fake. Not all eye pleasing websites are real ICO, it still deoend on the project behind that ICO. To be more sure of ICO, it is wiser if you will just invest in a ICO which you have a knowledge about their project.
ProsperFisher

Activity: 12

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:59:37 PM

Right now I�m looking where to invest, but really don�t know which project is better. Can anyone help?
ismart1

Activity: 1008
Merit: 127

Make a difference, make it better.

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2017, 10:08:46 PM

do not invest ICO will 100% avoid scam.

It´s definitely the best way to avoid scam ICOs but if nobody invests in it, it will never become a coin and will never be tradable.
Even very good projects don´t raise much money and become a hit after launch, I think Binance is a case like that, some others drop their price like crazy after tradeable, still others are good projects and don´t reach soft cap.
To an investor is always good to check the project itself, the team, the viability of the offer and other things like caps and all.

imusify    Award-Winning Blockchain Music Platform    Presale starts March 1
Discord Product Demo O3 Wallet  ::  Get Whitelisted 
Whitepaper    ANNFacebookTwitterTelegramRedditMediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN    Explainer Video
meanwords

Activity: 1624
Merit: 163

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 11:44:36 PM

I think the safest way to avoid ICO scam is to avoid investing. As long as you don't invest, you won't get scammed. But as we can see in the past, Alot of people who invested in ICOs are rich now so it's really not that bad to invest in it as long as you know what you are doing. Just gather more information, read it's white paper and road map, and ask someone who is an expert. That way you can be sure to what to do next because the decision is all yours.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: