Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 12:10:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to avoid ICO scam  (Read 7790 times)
UAE Seasider

Activity: 700
Merit: 110

Helios Protocol https://discord.gg/cpzAEMB

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 07:34:41 AM

You need to do plenty of research to verify the identities of the main personnel behind the ICO. check out all of their social media profiles all of which should be more than 12 months old with a lengthy relevant history behind them. Make sure the project whitepaper is both informative and rational, I have seen some terrible ones in my time. I am only looking at projects now with sensible token metrics, if possible an already working solution and previous successful business experience in the related field.

HELIOS PROTOCOL ★ ✅[DAG]✅[BLOCKCHAIN]✅[PoS]✅[Masternodes] ✈✈✈[weekly Airdrop][join our discord to qualify]✈✈✈
 ▬▬  Mainnet Launched  |  Parallel Blockchain  ▬▬ 
 ▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ Website  |  Github  |  Bitcointalk  |  Bounties  |Discord  |  telegram▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐
Sandeep24

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 12:35:49 PM

We can't avoid scam in ICO because scammers are easily targeted innocent people. It means regulating authority is required for monitor all lisited project and if they will be found any irregularities then immediate take strong action on listed company and their representative.
DarkNecromancer

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 12:40:09 PM

I think it's impossible to protect yourself against 100% of scammers in the ico sphere. You can study the project, get acquainted with his team and advisers. But nothing will give confidence in these people.
Previous projects are also not an indicator. They can earn themselves a name, and then disappear with your money, selling you candy wrappers for ico.

Guxidem

Activity: 93

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 10:20:34 AM

You truly never can tell if an ico is 100% genuine or trick. It is simply a question of our intuition insightful choice to whom abundance supervisor are we going to give our trust to. Ofcourse we have to do our own particular research, for example, perusing their whitepaper, visiting their site and checking the colleague's advancement foundation. Being trick is difficult to stay away from, it is just piece of the crypto business, learned and forestall it to happen once more.
ayu07

Activity: 401
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 10:50:05 AM

There isn't a sure way to avoid an ICO. The team can be good, a good whitepaper with a great proof of concept, yet the project can still fail or the team run away with the cashed raised. The best way to avoid ICO scam , is to not invest the amount you can't afford to lose. If you will invest in an ICO, ensure the company has existed offline for some number of years, and has a proven record of making a consistent profit before given them your hard earned cash.
gapthecap11

Activity: 113

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 11:03:25 AM

You truly never can tell if an ico is 100% genuine or trick. It is simply a question of our intuition insightful choice to whom abundance supervisor are we going to give our trust to. Of course we have to do our own particular research, for example, perusing their whitepaper, visiting their site and checking the colleague's advancement foundation and some back ground to their project. Being trick is difficult to stay away from, it is just piece of the crypto business.
crypto_blockchain43

Activity: 86

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 10:35:28 AM

I mean, is there an exact list of rules that could guarantee that someone who follows them will surely not become a victim of another ICO scam. Of course there are obvious rules like event participation, reputation of team members among ather prifessionals, approve by well-known advisors. But potential scammers also know all these criteria and know what to fake exactly.

Is there a 'blockchain way' to create an algorithm, scheme or set of conditions allowing to recognise and ban scammers? Not government laws way which also good for the market in my opinion.

Would be appreciate a link to an old thread, perhaps I just didn't find it.

UPD Best Advices:
  • learn about previous ICO projects, select viable ones and participate similar ICOs
  • invest in an ICO with a working prototype only

To look for ICOs at the reliable platforms like: https://forico.io

But anyway make your own research before investing
duc4487

Activity: 131

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 10:39:01 AM

Firstly you should research carefully about the ICOs, especially about the technical team, because no matter how good the idea is, if there are no good support then the project will go to dead end. Look at their white paper to see newly update information be trustful or not. Join their telegram project, ask admin all the question that you can ask to see the roadmap of the program.
otunayode

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 10:42:17 AM

Avoid high return and forward looking ICO with no track record of service or product they want to revolutionalize. ICO that gives to much bonuses a d unending bounty campaign is to be avoided as well!

[   BITVALVEⓇ   |   P2P crypto exchange   ]      ▬▬▬▬    THE MOST ADVANCED P2P
                                      Telegram        Twitter                   CRYPTO EXCHANGE PLATFORM
                                                    Bitcointalk      Facebook            [   ◾◾◾ JOIN ICO      WHITEPAPER   ]
freakcoins

Activity: 188

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 11:23:09 AM

As for me i would read as muchbas i can and understand whats that projects goes too,if theyre very active ICO's  dont just beleive for any promosing projects their must be a valid proof for you to be fascinated.,be wise and alert all the time because there is nothing newcomers be scam if you were only vigilant.
vandeam

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 07:56:16 PM

This is very hard to see a scam because now the scammers disguised themselves very well. You can choose some good resources for scoring ICO and trust them.

Sondale

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 07:58:52 PM

I mean, is there an exact list of rules that could guarantee that someone who follows them will surely not become a victim of another ICO scam. Of course there are obvious rules like event participation, reputation of team members among ather prifessionals, approve by well-known advisors. But potential scammers also know all these criteria and know what to fake exactly.

Is there a 'blockchain way' to create an algorithm, scheme or set of conditions allowing to recognise and ban scammers? Not government laws way which also good for the market in my opinion.

UPD Best Advices:
  • learn about previous ICO projects, select viable ones and participate similar ICOs

i thinkmthat you have to be very carefull at the beginning but later your intuition will helpmyou to tellmgood things from tbad ones
Sondale

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 07:59:34 PM

This is very hard to see a scam because now the scammers disguised themselves very well. You can choose some good resources for scoring ICO and trust them.
actually this question is very uptade as unfortunatelly there are a lotnof scam coins right now and i do not know what to do with it
veekky

Activity: 490

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 08:04:11 PM

Make proper analysis and select projects with strong community. That's it!
Scam percent of ICOs is extremely high, so it is essential to elaborate on your analysis!
bizzargin

Activity: 424
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 05:16:55 AM

Yes, these tips will help you better select projects, but do not think that after that you will find some success.
jackylion

Activity: 308

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 09:07:20 AM

To avoid these fraudulent ICOs, in my opinion you should update your in-depth knowledge, so that will be better for you, check out the roadmap, whitepaper, team. These are the essentials for evaluating a potential ICO

■         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■         L B X         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■
■     The London Block Exchange     ■──[│  P R E S A L E is L I V E !  │]──■
■  Facebook  ■  Twitter  ■  Medium  ■──  Download On  ──[ GOOGLE PLAYAPP STORE ]──■
dang thi bich thuy

Activity: 381

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 09:18:06 AM

UPD Best Advices:

It is currently difficult to spot scammers in ICOS campaigns as they blend in with the crowd and create campaigns like that. We mainly observe and experience, partners, teams, media channels, the amount of tokens held and Learning about campaign managers. I would say this is only a criterion for looking at, but it is difficult to prevent from the beginning.
Reinz12

Activity: 448
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2018, 09:22:01 AM

UPD Best Advices:

Dyor, that's the only way to avoid ico scams even though it's not 100%.
Currently it is difficult to sort between good ico and scams ico , because those who do are also experienced people in their fields.
Team profiles can also be deceptive, they can be picked up from linked, maybe by searching a lot about the project and team is the best way besides a tempting project
Gypat

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 09:24:28 AM

I think this is something we all yearn for: a sure way to detect scam ICO but as it stands now, I don't think there is that way. What we can do is to go by the already known ways; consider the team, the idea etc.
I will always say that before you invest, study the tean for quite some time. Don't just invest as soon as you are introduced to it.
Benjamin353White

Activity: 34

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 09:31:07 AM

It is best to invest only in things that you know well. Since you already know the basics of the product and project, you have built yourself a foundation to learn more and learn more about the technology behind the market. , supply, demand, development path, factors.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: