Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 06:04:17 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I just lost my little brother  (Read 9611 times)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 06:01:47 AM

I can honestly say that I lost it at Post 3. So sorry, bud.

~Bruno~
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 06:05:26 AM

My condolences to your family shaggy may he rest in peace and your campaign to combat the issue of peanut allergies be a catalyst to better changes

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 06:29:53 AM

mfw this isn't enough of a hint of what they are...

I'm going to go buy some peanut butter and give it to someone that's allergic to peanuts so we can sue the peanut butter company because we didn't realize it was made from peanuts.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Keldel

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 06:32:10 AM

I am sorry for your loss.

surebet

Activity: 495
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 10:04:59 AM

Why not direct donations to an established fund?
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 10:06:50 AM

Yeah, more people would trust it that way.

pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 01:52:54 PM

By any chance was this the person that was in a coma?
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 01:55:58 PM

By any chance was this the person that was in a coma?
I don't think so. Maybe...

Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 01:56:39 PM

Sorry for your loss.

I agree that those m&m's should be shaped differently or something. Just because it's too easy for things like this to happen. I don't anyone needs to force the company to do it, but that they should just choose to do it.
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 01:57:38 PM

I'm going to go buy some peanut butter and give it to someone that's allergic to peanuts so we can sue the peanut butter company because we didn't realize it was made from peanuts.

And what about when they are out of the package in a bowl or something?
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 02:08:50 PM

It behooves a person with a food allergy to be cognizant of what he's eating.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
laughingbear
Deflationary champion

Activity: 622

www.cryptobetfair.com

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 02:09:05 PM

OK, this is stupid.  Im sorry for op's brother and all, but the company is not at fault.  If the guy had a peanut allergy so bad that a few of these would kill him, he should have avoided M&M's, esp ones that weren't in a package.  As far as donating any money to "raise awareness" how much money will it take, for the guy with a life threatening allergy, to be made aware that he better not eat the thing he is allergic to.  

I live in the deep south.  I cant drive 2 blocks with out passing 4 churches... and I still get people knocking on my door, early ass in the morning, to make SURE that I have heard of this Jesus fellow.
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 02:10:52 PM

OK, this is stupid.  Im sorry for op's brother and all, but the company is not at fault.  If the guy had a peanut allergy so bad that a few of these would kill him, he should have avoided M&M's, esp ones that weren't in a package.  As far as donating any money to "raise awareness" how much money will it take, for the guy with a life threatening allergy, to be made aware that he better not eat the thing he is allergic to.   

I live in the deep south.  I cant drive 2 blocks with out passing 4 churches... and I still get people knocking on my door, early ass in the morning, to make SURE that I have heard of this Jesus fellow.
Rage much? Grin

laughingbear
Deflationary champion

Activity: 622

www.cryptobetfair.com

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 02:13:11 PM

no, I think a little
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 02:15:39 PM

no, I think a little
Oh, then it's acceptable.

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 04:09:14 PM

Sorry to hear that man. It is the worst feeling in the world to lose a loved one. Just remember the good times and always keep him in your heart.

The only thing that can help is time.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 06:33:26 PM

OK, this is stupid.  Im sorry for op's brother and all, but the company is not at fault.  If the guy had a peanut allergy so bad that a few of these would kill him, he should have avoided M&M's, esp ones that weren't in a package.  As far as donating any money to "raise awareness" how much money will it take, for the guy with a life threatening allergy, to be made aware that he better not eat the thing he is allergic to.   

I live in the deep south.  I cant drive 2 blocks with out passing 4 churches... and I still get people knocking on my door, early ass in the morning, to make SURE that I have heard of this Jesus fellow.

It's not the companies fault, yes. I don't think anyone would argue that. I just think that many children die from peanut allergies, and it would be the right thing to do to change the appearance of the candy. Even if it saves one life, it's worth it. Remember that these are children who are going to want to eat candy and if they make a mistake, they often pay with their life. As was the case here unfortunately.
myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 06:44:52 PM

It's not the companies fault, yes. I don't think anyone would argue that. I just think that many children die from peanut allergies, and it would be the right thing to do to change the appearance of the candy. Even if it saves one life, it's worth it. Remember that these are children who are going to want to eat candy and if they make a mistake, they often pay with their life. As was the case here unfortunately.

It's one thing to say "they should change the shape of the candy." It's another thing entirely to actually do that. The shape of M&M's are a direct result of the production process. To change the shape, they'd need to completely change the process. Mars would more likely discontinue the Peanut Butter M&M's than rework the whole process.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Malawi

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

One bitcoin to rule them all!

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 07:35:18 PM

It's one thing to say "they should change the shape of the candy." It's another thing entirely to actually do that. The shape of M&M's are a direct result of the production process. To change the shape, they'd need to completely change the process. Mars would more likely discontinue the Peanut Butter M&M's than rework the whole process.

Even though I understand that this is a tragedy, most chocolates may have traces of nuts in them. Nut-allergy is a particularly nasty allergy since it blocks respiration, and trace amounts can be enough to result in a full-blown reaction with many who have that allergy.

I doubt regular M&M's are completely safe either, so they too should probably be avoided.

BitCoin is NOT a pyramid - it's a pagoda.
ThatDGuy

Activity: 728

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 07:57:26 PM

^^^^^
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: