Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 12:13:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I just lost my little brother  (Read 9607 times)
ThatDGuy

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 05:56:33 PM

Also,

Bitcoin town is now Mason Town, no vote, no questions. That is my brothers name.

See this? This is dumb. Here I was all defending you (even though I don't like you) by tracking you back to your primary persona while people were going "Hahaha, idiotic sob story that we've seen a thousand times". So people saw me vouching for you and thus were all "Ok, this is a real thing, let's not make fun of it for the next 120 minutes". And then you go ahead and do something like this? Really? No, hell, REALLY? How fucked up is this? Do you even think about these things before you do them? Do you think anyone, do you think any single fucking person is going to trust you now? Dude, you've got great ideas, but do yourself and everyone else involved a favor and lay off the weed.

Thank you for that concise representation of a typical SA goon. Guy loses a dear family member, is still likely in shock and grief, says the first thing that comes to his mind, that being to dedicate something to the memory of his just-dead brother, and you spend a paragraph blowing up at him and calling his statement fucking stupid. It's extra super ironic considering what you posted previously about bitcoiners and compassion/charity.

I don't think that's a fair assessment of what FinShaggy's "first thing that comes to his mind" was:

SHARE THIS
My little brother was taken from us by food allergies. They were M&M's with peanut butter in them, and they looked exactly the same as M&M's. His airway was cut off and my stepdad got him in the car and started driving to the hospital. The Ambulance met him while he was giving CPR to him in the road, and they drove him to a hospital in Denver, and from there he took a care flight to a better hospital. He was hooked up to a ventilator and still had a heart beat, but his brain started swelling and eventually blood to his brain was cut off.

We don't want any family to ever have to go through this again, so please help us raise awareness of the seriousness of food allergies (and the lack of initiative when informing people of what is in products) with the link below.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=BVJUWARZV8GNE

His motivations before this thread was already quite suspect, and now this happens and in less than 3 paragraphs "donations" are asked for.  There isn't any group associated with this donation.  There is no plan for how this donation would raise awareness.  There isn't even a hacked-together website in an effort to legitimize it.

Greyhawk went out of his way to try and bring some sort of legitimacy to FinShaggy's post when he had zero reason to do so. 

Bitcoiners may well be known for their compassion and charity, and that is plenty of motivation for someone to try and take advantage of it.  Given FinShaggy's post history, I believe this is the case in this situation.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2013, 05:57:22 PM

No. I'm just saying it's better for him not to suffer. For six months I watched my grandmother suffer, and it was one of the most horrible experiences you could know of, seeing your relatives and siblings suffer.

He probably had a good life, but It's better to not see family members suffer.

Um... I don't think allergic reactions work like cancer. You get it, and you either get better quick, or you die. I'm not sure how someone could suffer for a long time from an allergic reaction  Huh

I believe they were referring to the brother being in a coma for a long time.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2013, 06:00:45 PM

No. I'm just saying it's better for him not to suffer. For six months I watched my grandmother suffer, and it was one of the most horrible experiences you could know of, seeing your relatives and siblings suffer.

He probably had a good life, but It's better to not see family members suffer.

Um... I don't think allergic reactions work like cancer. You get it, and you either get better quick, or you die. I'm not sure how someone could suffer for a long time from an allergic reaction  Huh

I believe they were referring to the brother being in a coma for a long time.
Yeah, I think he wrote somewhere in the thread.

FinShaggy (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2013, 06:15:50 PM

in less than 3 paragraphs "donations" are asked for.  There isn't any group associated with this donation.  There is no plan for how this donation would raise awareness.

So first I'm a troll because I post on Bitcointalk while I'm in the hospital, NOW I'm a troll because I am not posting everything to a fucking bitcoin site.

Try to do some research on other websites before you assume shit and make an ass of yourself. BTW, you are ignored, so you don't have to reply.

Hello,

My name is Ryan and my 11 year old brother mason went to the hospital this Friday due to peanut allergies. He had a heart attack & his brain started swelling until it cut off the oxygen to his brain. He was pronounced dead 2 days ago at 5:05pm I had no idea that peanuts could do something so horrible and my life will never be the same, so I am starting a foundation to promote awareness around the world, and possibly even work to eradicate peanut allergies. I never want anyone to have to go through what we did.

In the mean time, we are raising money and working to start a website and more. Nothing can bring my brother back, but we would like to start something that possibly turns into a label on ALL peanut products in ALL stores. Like a big red P sticker, or a picture of my brother.

The Foundation is MasonsMiracle.org

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2013, 06:34:26 PM

In the mean time, we are raising money and working to start a website and more. Nothing can bring my brother back, but we would like to start something that possibly turns into a label on ALL peanut products in ALL stores. Like a big red P sticker, or a picture of my brother.

All products that contain peanuts already are labeled. Even products that might contain peanuts, such as candy, are labeled..

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
KSV

Activity: 398
Merit: 250

SVERIGES VIRTUELLA VALUTAVÄXLING

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2013, 06:34:47 PM

how the hell did u get 2300 posts in 2 months?! u a bot? pls share your secret. . .

Trade Bitcoins @ FYB-SE ---> https://www.fybse.se
surebet

Activity: 495
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 06:48:14 PM

Try to do some research on other websites before you assume shit and make an ass of yourself. BTW, you are ignored, so you don't have to reply.

ThatDGuy

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 06:49:46 PM

in less than 3 paragraphs "donations" are asked for.  There isn't any group associated with this donation.  There is no plan for how this donation would raise awareness.

So first I'm a troll because I post on Bitcointalk while I'm in the hospital, NOW I'm a troll because I am not posting everything to a fucking bitcoin site.

Hello,

My name is Ryan and my 11 year old brother mason went to the hospital this Friday due to peanut allergies. He had a heart attack & his brain started swelling until it cut off the oxygen to his brain. He was pronounced dead 2 days ago at 5:05pm I had no idea that peanuts could do something so horrible and my life will never be the same, so I am starting a foundation to promote awareness around the world, and possibly even work to eradicate peanut allergies. I never want anyone to have to go through what we did.

The Foundation is MasonsMiracle.org

MasonsMiracle.org:

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 06:55:35 PM
Last edit: June 08, 2013, 07:19:04 PM by Matthew N. Wright

http://masonsmiracle.blogspot.com/

I had never seen so many naming coincidences before. I guess people's mindsets are all similar when dealing with grief. Either that or we're talking to Keyser Soze.

EDIT: I'm having a hard time confirming an obituary. Can't seem to find a Mason Gallagher in Midland TX. It did take a few days to get my own mother's obituary into the papers if I recall though.

ThatDGuy

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 06:59:09 PM

http://masonsmiracle.blogspot.com/

I had never realized so many coincidences in naming things. I guess people's mindsets are all similar when dealing with grief. Either that or we're talking to Keyser Soze.

Keyser Soze was so slick about it though!
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 08:12:49 PM

I don't get this at all. A kid dies because he ate something that had peanuts in it available at his home? Why would the parents even eat products that could have peanuts if they knew the outcome of having that stuff around. I'm sorry for your loss but that borders on neglect.

I'd also feel more sorry for you if you didn't have a Paypal donation link in your post. Even if you do want to "make a difference" isn't there time for that after the body's cold?

RichG

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 11:55:02 PM

It's not the dedication, it's just the way you said it. You said it in a way you were promoting your town.

Fuck you, ignored.

FinShaggy, I know you are having a TERRIBLE time, but cut it with the language. If I see one more curse from you, I will ignore you, no ifs, ands, or buts.
nottm28

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 12:15:24 AM

I, and I am sure others here 'know' grief. This guy is not displaying grief.

Just sayin'

donations not accepted
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 12:15:36 AM

Also,

Bitcoin town is now Mason Town, no vote, no questions. That is my brothers name.

See this? This is dumb. Here I was all defending you (even though I don't like you) by tracking you back to your primary persona while people were going "Hahaha, idiotic sob story that we've seen a thousand times". So people saw me vouching for you and thus were all "Ok, this is a real thing, let's not make fun of it for the next 120 minutes". And then you go ahead and do something like this? Really? No, hell, REALLY? How fucked up is this? Do you even think about these things before you do them? Do you think anyone, do you think any single fucking person is going to trust you now? Dude, you've got great ideas, but do yourself and everyone else involved a favor and lay off the weed.

Thank you for that concise representation of a typical SA goon. Guy loses a dear family member, is still likely in shock and grief, says the first thing that comes to his mind, that being to dedicate something to the memory of his just-dead brother, and you spend a paragraph blowing up at him and calling his statement fucking stupid. It's extra super ironic considering what you posted previously about bitcoiners and compassion/charity.

If you go back in this thread you will find that I a) supported Finshaggy when everyone else was calling this thread a sham by pointing out his story was real after I verified his identity b) I supported Finshaggys stance on how more education about food allergies is needed by answering YOUR questions about food allergy and c) I only lashed out at him at the moment he decided to intermingle his other project with this unfortunate death. I think your desire to hate anything "SA" overrode your normally rather rational judgement here.
myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 12:34:31 AM

People grieve in different ways.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
nottm28

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 12:41:49 AM

People grieve in different ways.

Very true. Sorry for the guy losing his bro' if it is true. I guess there's no way to tell right now...

donations not accepted
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 03:17:32 AM

c) I only lashed out at him at the moment he decided to intermingle his other project with this unfortunate death. I think your desire to hate anything "SA" overrode your normally rather rational judgement here.

You wrote a paragraph, bitching him out and calling his idea fucking stupid, when you could have took into account that he might still not be thinking straight, and either ignored him or just pointed out that, unless he owns all the land in that town, the naming of it will really be up to all the people that live there. You know, "tact." Yes, I may be biased against SA, but you're only reinforcing that bias.
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4382
Merit: 3061

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 03:38:23 AM

Nothing can bring my brother back, but we would like to start something that possibly turns into a label on ALL peanut products in ALL stores. Like a big red P sticker, or a picture of my brother.
Great plan. Because a big red P or a picture of your brother is a much clearer indication that a product contains peanuts than just the words "CONTAINS PEANUTS" in capital letters. Roll Eyes

I don't get this at all. A kid dies because he ate something that had peanuts in it available at his home? Why would the parents even eat products that could have peanuts if they knew the outcome of having that stuff around. I'm sorry for your loss but that borders on neglect.
He already explained it. His step-dad decided to buy a brand of candy which is well-known for its peanut-flavoured varieties but he didn't think that was worth bringing his glasses along to read the label, and even after he got home, where his glasses were available, he still didn't read the label, and instead just assumed it was okay for his step-son to eat it. No doubt the real reason he's collecting donations is for the defence of the upcoming negligent homicide case.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
tiberiandusk

Activity: 575

The North Remembers

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 04:36:53 AM

Bitcoin Auction House http://www.BitBid.net BTC - 1EwfBVC6BwA6YeqcYZmm3htwykK3MStW6N | LTC - LdBpJJHj4WSAsUqaTbwyJQFiG1tVjo4Uys Don't get Goxed.
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4382
Merit: 3061

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 05:36:27 AM

Oh man, I hate it when my peanuts only "may" contain peanuts. I once opened one up and there was nothing inside; it was just an empty peanut shell. I demanded a refund but they just pointed at the label. What a ripoff. Angry

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: