Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 05:51:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★ [ANN] [CRD] Credits, a new crypto with real innovation ! ★★  (Read 10552 times)
saamxx

Activity: 546
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 03:31:38 PM

it would only be 6 billion if i mined every block for 57 years lol

why not?

Let our grandchildren will receive a gift.

You'll be busy until old age, and become famous Cheesy
zackclark70 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

ADT developer

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 03:34:52 PM

Like I said, good concept, but, It'll be pumped, dumped into oblivion, and then ignored, just like the others. And, if people stop mining it, your coins never get out into the world, network dies, coin dies.

why be so negative ?

?? I'm being realistic.

i realy think this will work
Is there and reason why it wont work rather than peoples opinions ?

zackclark70 (OP)
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 03:37:32 PM

it would only be 6 billion if i mined every block for 57 years lol

why not?

Let our grandchildren will receive a gift.

You'll be busy until old age, and become famous Cheesy

i will probably only ever have a maximum of 5% of the total hashrate and as more people start mining it i will have less and less of the total hash power

Hydroponica

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

fml

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 03:37:39 PM

Like I said, good concept, but, It'll be pumped, dumped into oblivion, and then ignored, just like the others. And, if people stop mining it, your coins never get out into the world, network dies, coin dies.

why be so negative ?

?? I'm being realistic.

i realy think this will work is there and reason why it wont work rather than peoples opinions ?

Because coins can't survive with a 500 coin block size, and you want to multiply it by 20...Its very simple market research here. Don't tell the community what you want, listen, and make changes accordingly. I'm fairly certain, noone who knows anything, disagrees that the block size is retarded.

zackclark70 (OP)
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 03:45:47 PM

why be so negative ?

?? I'm being realistic.

i realy think this will work is there and reason why it wont work rather than peoples opinions ?

Because coins can't survive with a 500 coin block size, and you want to multiply it by 20...Its very simple market research here. Don't tell the community what you want, listen, and make changes accordingly. I'm fairly certain, noone who knows anything, disagrees that the block size is retarded.

the block size is 10,000 but it will only be possable to send whole credits for the first 6 months  every 6 months after that you will beable to send smaler and smaler amounts

im not looking to make credits worth 1000usd each im only looking for around 0.001 usd each / 1000 credits to 1 usd ( after 6 months then slowly gain value)

if you dont like the idea of that please dont mine credits when thay are releced  Smiley

thanks for your input

zack

RichG

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 04:04:35 PM

EDIT : Please read the whole thread as there is more info in later posts.

This coin will not be released until I am confident that everything I am trying to do will work as planned.

An idea recently came to me whilst I was sending some PXC to a friend...

Wouldn't it be great if it were possible to to send a text message with a transaction ? I started sending PM's to people to gauge if this is possible and how it could be done, and I got a lot of encouraging feedback. All I had to do was find someone that could code it. Also I needed to figure out the rest of the coin ; what crypto would I model it after, or would I design something from scratch ?

The first idea that popped into my head, was that the ammount of total coins would be such that there would be at least 100 units per person on the planet, which would put the number at....at least  600,000,000,000

The rest of the parameters are as follows :

Name : Credits
Block reward 10,000 block reward and time have to me like this to get all the credits in circulation in less than 60 years
Block time 30s
Total coin 600 billion 100 coins per person ( everyone on earth )
Difficulty change every 60 blocks ( every 30m )
Start diff 0.1 even if it started at 0.0001 it would sort itself out in 60 blocks ( 30m )
Pre-mine ZERO !
First 1440 blocks 100 credits to make it a fair launch
If I can get all this sorted it will be available to download at least 30 days before relece in an encrypted file with a very strong password

These are the innovations I would love to see implemented :

- A transaction fee of 0.01% because I think a percentage is preferable over a fixed fee.
- Being able to send a 100 character message when sending coins ( for example :  a short note describing the origin of the payment )

I do not want this to be another pump and dump coin.  I am looking for people to help me implement my ideas, and also contribute to this project in other ways.

( I can’t code to save my life but I am learning )

I would be very happy if you don’t troll in my thread
I would be very happy to hear constructive feedback

I know my spelling is bad I am working on it ( Joerii edited this for style and spelling  )

So what I’m looking for is anyone that can help me with my goals... I would like to hear from you !

Thanks for your time I look forward to reading your replies.

Zack

Update :

1- I've been talking with someone to get the logo professionally designed
2 - It looks like I'll be adding the messaging feature into an alternative wallet
3 - Still looking for someone to help code this !

You can use my service:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=226602.0
Hydroponica

fml

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 04:07:35 PM

why be so negative ?

?? I'm being realistic.

the block size is 10,000 but it will only be possable to send whole credits for the first 6 months  every 6 months after that you will beable to send smaler and smaler amounts

im not looking to make credits worth 1000usd each im only looking for around 0.001 usd each / 1000 credits to 1 usd ( after 6 months then slowly gain value)

if you dont like the idea of that please dont mine credits when thay are releced  Smiley

thanks for your input

zack

You just don't get it. After the first pump and dump;

NO ONE WILL BE MINING IT ANYMORE

Are you dense? Look at the other coins that have come out lately. It is not rocket science.

zackclark70 (OP)
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 04:19:24 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2013, 04:53:05 PM by zackclark70

why be so negative ?

?? I'm being realistic.

the block size is 10,000 but it will only be possable to send whole credits for the first 6 months  every 6 months after that you will beable to send smaler and smaler amounts

if you dont like the idea of that please dont mine credits when thay are releced  Smiley

thanks for your input

zack

Are you dense? Look at the other coins that have come out lately. It is not rocket science.

credits will only benafit people that are going to stick with it pump and dumpers wont make much / anything from it

zackclark70 (OP)
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 05:00:32 PM

sorry but im thats not what im looking for

thanks for you time

zack

MashRinx

Activity: 389

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 05:29:00 PM

the block size is 10,000 but it will only be possable to send whole credits for the first 6 months  every 6 months after that you will beable to send smaler and smaler amounts

Zack, you may not appreciate Hydro's approach, but I would suggest you at least consider taking his advice into account.

In my opinion, you should be releasing a coin with some thought as to how it would be used, not what it would be worth at any point in the future.  The market and only the market will decide that.  Artificially limiting the amount of coins that can be transacted as a way to manage their value is not going to work, and the large number of coins generated only adds to that.  You plan on having a coin that will generate 20,000 coins a minute, yet expect to be transacting in LESS of them over time?  I don't think this will not have the effect that you hope it will.
josiasrdz

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 05:46:03 PM

make it a scrypt-jane coin (like yacoin) so that is possible to mine with cpu (at least at the beginning)

17yN2CQsYGBd3jEcNcWQDua4sViVP7YmC1
zackclark70 (OP)
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 05:47:46 PM

Zack, you may not appreciate Hydro's approach, but I would suggest you at least consider taking his advice into account.

In my opinion, you should be releasing a coin with some thought as to how it would be used, not what it would be worth at any point in the future.  The market and only the market will decide that.  Artificially limiting the amount of coins that can be transacted as a way to manage their value is not going to work, and the large number of coins generated only adds to that.  You plan on having a coin that will generate 20,000 coins a minute, yet expect to be transacting in LESS of them over time?  I don't think this will not have the effect that you hope it will.

the main reason for only being able to do transactions in whole numbers to start then 1/2 credits 6 monts later and 1/4 credits  is it stops people atacking the network with spam transactions

as to how it will be used i am taling to alot of people with facebook shops about acsepting them ( facebook shops use paypall at the min and have big problems with charge backs )

zackclark70 (OP)
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 05:48:51 PM

make it a scrypt-jane coin (like yacoin) so that is possible to mine with cpu (at least at the beginning)

the problem with that is in encorages bot nets and sever farms and takes the coin away from the people

josiasrdz

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 05:57:47 PM

the problem with that is in encorages bot nets and sever farms and takes the coin away from the people

but it will set this coin apart from the huge amount of crypto coins (new scrypt "currencies" are made everyday), this coin could become an "improved" version of yacoin

17yN2CQsYGBd3jEcNcWQDua4sViVP7YmC1
Hydroponica

fml

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 06:03:11 PM

why be so negative ?

?? I'm being realistic.

thanks for your input

zack

credits will only benafit people that are going to stick with it pump and dumpers wont make much / anything from it

Oh my god, I want to choke you. If people don't mine it, it ceases to exist. Blocks do not get found, transactions do not get confirmed, coins do not move. It dies. Very few people will be willing to invest time and money into a coin, that "May be worth something, someday, I think". Lower the block reward, to help it have value NOW. Now is the critical time. Later, you can ramp up Block reward, if you want.

zackclark70 (OP)
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 10:08:25 AM

Oh my god, I want to choke you.

Relax Hydroponica ! Drink your chocolate milk, do your breath exercises.

zackclark70 (OP)
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 12:41:16 PM

i think trying to get value from the start is the wrong way to do it look at bitcoins howmany was it for a pitza ?

i can see why people start a new acount and relece a new coin with only a couple of posts lol
i am sure it will work if i did not think it would i wouldent be puting my time and mony into this  
i will edit the first post to include all the updates to credits and a couple of bountys
i am working on away to lower the block size but im sure we need 600 billion total  credits will update as i work it out
i am in talks with over 100 facebook shops about acsepting it
i have also bean talking to a couple of fairly big websites but i cant tell you more about that yet  

thanks
zack

just_me

Activity: 420

Jesus Christ Saves Sinners

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 05:38:33 PM

I think that if you change the name of the coin to creditcoin then it has a better chance.

The name of the coin is important, and I would take the 's' off the end and make it a singular name.

But if you don't agree, then please explain why the plural might be better than the singular?

Today is the day that the Lord has made, lets be glad and rejoice in it
zackclark70 (OP)
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 05:53:36 PM

I think that if you change the name of the coin to creditcoin then it has a better chance.

The name of the coin is important, and I would take the 's' off the end and make it a singular name.

But if you don't agree, then please explain why the plural might be better than the singular?

I am trying to stay away from the word coin because its not a coin realy is it ?
It also sets it apart from all the alt coins

I think the name credit sounds good it only has the (s) when there is more than 1

i am open to sugestions i have alredy changes the total number of credits and the block size

thanks
zack

zackclark70 (OP)
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 06:28:14 PM

i have edited post 1

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print