Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:04:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why People Are Not Honest.  (Read 7949 times)
moneyofthe21st

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 06:35:57 PM

Depends on what you mean by honesty. Everything is relative. You know just trying to do our best out there Wink
Clyvizcarra

Activity: 59

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 08:21:32 PM

There are many reasons why people are choosing to be dishonest. First,they are afraid to hurt other people on the truth they know. Second, about motive, some people are telling lies because they want to get what they want. Third, they want to gain more information about what they know, so they choose to hide the truth.
Temma

Activity: 32

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 08:30:13 PM

They're notin uses to people treating them
Bitbratt

Activity: 198

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 08:30:23 PM

Because everyone wants to take advantages of their fellows. The world is full of lies and unfairness. Everyone wants and demands honesty but they themselves can hardly be honest with their fellows. I goes like that, honesty begets honesty, lies begets lies. Honestly speaking, i myself cannot admit that i am 100% honest so i also cannot expect others to be honest to me 100%.
ranz1123

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:40:44 PM

Anybody can tell the truth when it’s easy and doesn’t threaten the status quo of a relationship. But as all relationships go, at some point we’ll reach a place where things get mired in misunderstanding, where we begin to make assumptions about the other, where our fantasies about each other clash with reality.
Blessed J

Activity: 178

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:30:34 AM

People don't like to speak the truth since most people don't like the truth. If you do something wrong and you decide to confess, people will not acknowledge the fact that you spoke the truth but they will rather consider the wrong you did. This actually prevents people from speaking the truth when they do wrong.
Andros3000

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:57:35 AM

I know the world is made up of honest and dishonest people. What I try to do is find the honest ones. I am a bit too honest myself sometimes, at the expense of detrimental effects. However it is the way my brain is wired. On top of that I have a 6th sense for dishonest people or people with an agenda. Something inside me senses them quick. I have always stayed away from anyone I feel is dishonest.

However there are different levels of dishonesty. When I was a kid I used to steal demo disks out of magazines at the supermarket. Thats dishonest but did not hurt anyone or anyone I know. One time I stole weed from my friend. Well I organised the weed so I saw it as my commission (so maybe im the hypocrite). However one time playing poker one of our 'friends' had secret cards. I confronted him. He denied it (even though I saw them under his leg). I confronted him and he carried on denying it. For me the cheating whilst bad was not the worst. It was not admitting he did it. That is the killer. Everyone makes mistakes (or tries their luck). However if you do not own up to mistakes or accept them then that is the worst  in my eyes. Me and this guy dont talk anymore. Our group has split in to two. However whenever I meet my friends I know I am on the right side.

But to answer your question: people are not honest because it suits their situation. Thats fine. My issue is when people are do not own up to being dishonest - thats a problem.
Joshua25

Activity: 23

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 01:04:21 AM

People tends to tell a lie because they want to protect something and they think lie is the only solution. But they did not realize that lie wont ever be a solution to any problem. Lie can only cause more troubles.
magnum357

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:39:40 AM

I think why people are not honest because of there personal interest they happy doing make lie and they make lie so that want to believe the people of there own lies people make lie are bad people.
LemonF3

Activity: 176
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:04:40 AM

Can I ask why people are not honest. As in, why is it that people don't keep to their words even when they can do so? Can't I just do business with someone without signing papers and get lawyers and witnesses and still keep to my words? Can't we get trustworthy people anymore?
That is a good question worth asking for. Why is it that we cannot always tell the thruth? Human as we are, maybe its our nature. We accept or not but we are self centered. We always consider our self, our feelings. Telling lie because we do not want our love ones or someone close to us to ger hurt. But actually, it is ourself that do not want that someone we love hate us or they might leave us. It will make us sad. See? It is our feelings that matters, it is really not theirs.
UzumakiSakuragi

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:19:37 AM

Dis honesty is sin nature of man,.and it has an origin. satan is the father of all lies, and without honesty there is no foundations of enjoyable lasting relationship , we need.Jesus

leexhin

Activity: 503
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:25:47 AM

I also want to know why other people seems to be like that I mean why can't they keep what they say or do what they told others that they would do?
Why does other people tend to break their promise and do what they want to do ?
For me I think we should just be honest if about everything it is better to hurt them with the truth than to comfort them with a lie.
Enecuum

Activity: 95
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 08:35:39 AM

I think that's fear is all is to blame. He is the cause of the lie. People are afraid of being misunderstood. afraid to look worse, fear failure. Most often we meet with lies based on fear. So if someone lied to you, try to understand what he was afraid of.
Laokong

Activity: 118

Presale Starting May 1st

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:01:50 AM

Can I ask why people are not honest. As in, why is it that people don't keep to their words even when they can do so? Can't I just do business with someone without signing papers and get lawyers and witnesses and still keep to my words? Can't we get trustworthy people anymore?

Because words are wind being released from our mouths.

What matters is actions, not words.

If a person has dealt previously in trustworthy manner, he's more likely to continue acting so.

If he hasn't, he most probably won't.

Actions matter, not words.
People do lies because they are protecting something. or its there personal interest.

sharif116

Activity: 285

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:17:52 AM

in this mysterious world I think people are also mysterious.every people can be honest but there are also working a greediness in every people.so what can they do actually for people but they can not do so.besides lack of getting something also make them dishonest.
angelinakorenovskaya

Activity: 59

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:40:22 AM

I think people are dishonest because they are keeping something within themselves.
YaNinaMurmansk

Activity: 171

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:50:28 AM

People are not honest with themselves, so others deceive.
People are weak and do not want to solve important life issues.
Kate1125

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:27:02 AM

Signing of papers regarding an agreement or a proposal is necessary when dealing with people you do not trust. People change their minds fast. We are living in a world where people want convenience and satisfaction of course. Thus, people just want assurance that what has been discusses would happen. You cannot really trust some people. Some people are not honest. They will tell lie for their benefit.
little tornado

Activity: 22

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:35:33 AM

I think, some people are not honest because they are just protecting themselves from pain whenever they are in the midst of uncertainty. Instead of  telling what is really inside them, they choose not to because they might end up losing. They fear betting. They fear expressing their real insights. Yet sometimes, they somehow regret not being honest. But they tried but, in my perception, they just felt being coward for the reason that they might be rejected. Funny. They are coward.
Bugcoin5

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:38:40 AM

Some people lack honesty because they are just a deceptive person and being honest is a trait that they do not care to possess.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: