Bitcoin Forum
June 06, 2024, 02:55:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 90 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I lost 80% of my bitcoins in alts, What can I do now?!  (Read 21856 times)
johstacy

Activity: 225
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 08:45:54 PM

You are not the only one xp

Most crypto trader i believe which are here in Bitcointalk, does not trade on BTC only.

Personally, my portfolio has 0% BTC and all ALTS

I can say my Portfolio value just dropped almost 55%-60%, but BTC raised 10-20%, so its around 40%

Personally i am looking at long term, so i am holding Smiley

You need to be patient. I am an unprofitable, too. But I will not sell my altcoins. I believe in these projects. When games with X2 and Bitcoin and Cash run out, good times for the ALTS will begin.

elektrohell06

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 08:47:35 PM

see a lot of coins that you have bought if this has happened better you hold it sure for some time fore the capital you use can come back even though not all, or if you are already dare to take your risk selling now and invest in other projects that my advice.
ikecuit

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 09:51:49 PM

Try to time the cycles better, but for now you must wait.
MuhNofa

Activity: 504
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 04:22:01 AM

I think the best thing you can do now is hold the coin until the price covers your losses and then sells all your coins while the bitcoin is still soaring. or you can sell now and make some cash then buy again if the bitcoin price has fallen. but that's your decision.
w5pn73

Activity: 635
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 04:31:30 AM

I think the best thing you can do now is hold the coin until the price covers your losses and then sells all your coins while the bitcoin is still soaring. or you can sell now and make some cash then buy again if the bitcoin price has fallen. but that's your decision.

And with a little bit of bad luck on your side, a few of your coins will go up again and you've potentially lost more money.
josephinerosdy

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 04:42:05 AM

Of course Hold for years until the price increased if you don't want to lose. hold for long term.
I am wondering why you use all your bitcoins to buy altcoins
howard.ashoul

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2017, 04:54:18 AM

Don't wanna promote something I'm involved in so obviously. But you can create portfolio on http://www.coinparator.com/ and simply check rates everyday. All altcoins are having random pumps and dumps. It will just jump up by 100% for a day and than fall down to original price.

You could just watch coins, that you are holding and wait for a pump. Once it jumps, just sell it (if you're not interested in holding it long term). And you're out.

My cryptocurrency portfolio: http://www.coinparator.com/. Track your coins rates for free, no registration!
snedyolo

Activity: 226
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 05:02:17 AM

Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

What can I do, HOLD or Sell or What!

It’s probably up to you. If you have nothing very important to spend it with, then you should probably hold onto them for now, then when the price is higher in the future, you could probably sell them at a good price.

rexter

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 05:04:30 AM

For me i will wait until the price value goes pump,if you sell that coin not its exactly price value it will make you more lost all your coins.
Singwala

Activity: 462
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 05:28:31 AM

First of all. Before you enter it should plan if you go to long term or short term investment. When I See You Now Now You Do not Know What You Do. Because you are losing it should not be sold until you wait for it to come again In to. dating price. But if you find that Altcoins have the potential to recover your losses, do not hesitate to sell it. Take control of emotions because it's one of those who breaks you down and can do something You do not think well

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
JINBI

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
[
T H E   G O L D E N   I C O
────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────
]
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
darthmaul

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 09:12:22 AM

You need to wait then. The kind of loss you are incurring right now is very huge, I mean the first question that strike to mind is what you were doing when they were falling for 80% loss! Thats crazy man.

The reason I’m telling you to wait is because theses are little bit potential coins and they can come back real soon no matter what. As you are already in loos that too 80%, you should wait because that would be more profitable than selling this movement. I would do the same if I’m incurring this much loss but I would not sell it at this point and that would be stupid to do. -20% is better than -80% and thats the logic behind it.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
DibiaVxosis

Activity: 187
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 10:03:24 AM

You are not the only one xp

Most crypto trader i believe which are here in Bitcointalk, does not trade on BTC only.

Personally, my portfolio has 0% BTC and all ALTS

I can say my Portfolio value just dropped almost 55%-60%, but BTC raised 10-20%, so its around 40%

Personally i am looking at long term, so i am holding Smiley

You need to be patient. I am an unprofitable, too. But I will not sell my altcoins. I believe in these projects. When games with X2 and Bitcoin and Cash run out, good times for the ALTS will begin.
Good to see this commend.I believe in some altcoin project too. I think someday altcoin will replace bitcoin.

000JC88

Activity: 159

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 10:05:53 AM

Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

HOLD, trust me, you don't need to panic sell, this is how people lost their money. Hold and in time will recover, and probably sooner than you think now.
RSM0103

Activity: 269
Merit: 12

we're Radio, online!

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 10:14:57 AM

I suggest you to hold your altcoins maybe in sometime it will go up the value of your coin but if you sell it, you would loose the money that you may earn in the next months when your coin goes up, many people here works with that strategy of trading.

CyberFM   we're Radio, online!   Whitepaper
RADIO   ANN Thread   Twitter   Telegram
btcdepo

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 10:16:59 AM

Hey there

You can`t lose until you sell !!! , If you lost %80 of your investment you must lock your private key or hardware device in a locker and open it 1 or 2 year after.

That is actually very good advice indeed. If I would have lost %80 of my investment, I would the same. If it goes lower, anyway you are in bad shape now. If it goes higher then you are safe again.

The FASTEST and MOST SECURE  Token Exchange.
▬▬  ETHERSHIFT  ▬▬  No More Waiting! Main Sale Starts Nov 05, 2018.  ▬▬  ETHERSHIFT  ▬▬
WHITEPAPER | ANN | TELEGRAM | TWITTER | REDDIT | DISCORD
smiletyson

Activity: 661
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 10:21:04 AM

you can drink cold water, the best thing you can do. Cheesy
you bought all hype coins, you deserved to lose your money.
APICEMTECH

Activity: 308

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 10:22:56 AM

You have already lost the most that you could have. Now just hold all the coins and look at the balance not before than first quarter of next year. I know this gets pretty depressing, but if you just hold you would make back all your losses.

jbautistangina

Activity: 258
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 10:31:05 AM

What you can do is to pray and hope that alts will pump back.So you can recover whats lost,i advice that you make a 60BTC40alts portfolio.

Bergiolia

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

HEXCASH - Decentralized Fund

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2017, 10:34:28 AM

You can conclude that your Bitcoin's 80% was lost because you calculated it with current Bitcoin's value. Diverting your Bitcoin to Altcoin isn't a good idea because Bitcoin price is now very high and Altcoin yet still on the ground.
You should instead use your own pocket money for Altcoin investments but it's too late for that. I think you're going to wait what happens next maybe some Altcoins will pump up next month.

Panda Trump

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2017, 10:36:34 AM

Hey there

Depends.  What alcoins were they?  A lot of people sold altcoins in hoping for additional bitcoin gold coins when the fork happens.  If they are reputable altcoins, hold them and they should go back up.

You do realize he actually mentioned the altcoins in his original post? "I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins"

Can you please read the thread before posting your garbage again? Thank you!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

To the OP:

I recommend doing what your "heart" (emotional part of the brain) tells you to do!
I always do that and I have never lost in trading! (I haven't made tons of profit either, but that's another story Tongue)

Regards,
Trump

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 90 »
  Print  

Jump to: