Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:30:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Noirbits Update required Improved algos !!!!  (Read 74419 times)
zax983

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 11:18:38 AM

And what now, 40 pages still not have windows client. WTH?!

If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stbgefltc

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 11:39:25 AM

www.noirbits.com .... just saying...

zax983

Activity: 156

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 05:04:38 PM

Ok, but fix the button, coz not work now...

stbgefltc

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 06:39:32 PM

Ok, but fix the button, coz not work now...

I just warned the webmaster. Link is available in the first post of the thread also.

snaidervp

Activity: 333
Merit: 250

"Raven's Cry"

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 06:47:11 PM

everything looking good, good job Grin

yawn
david64

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 08:06:48 PM

What are the Noir Bits developers working on?
stbgefltc

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 09:11:43 PM

Adjusting the retarget algorithm to make the coin resilient to hashrate spikes, see oatmo's post above.

Possibly transaction refunds... and one or two other goodies, but there'll be more info soon.

oatmo

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 12:15:17 AM

Everything looks good since the algo update. One possible future update suggestion is that just like we have the 4 hour forced retarget for too slow, it's probably a good idea to have one for too fast as well... Something like if you get 15 blocks (30 minutes worth) in less than 7.5 minutes (running 4x too fast) then you force a retarget as well. This would more effectively handle cases where a ton of hash power gets added quickly without generating a ton of orphans.

Just a thought.

Oatmo

Indeed, with the added benefit of dettering coin hoppers. However, we need to be careful with this, as we've seen yesterday that despite us annoucing the upgrade long before the new rules, and contacting service providers, not everyone did upgrade. We can still implement the feature, but given it's not as critical, I think it needs a big delay before kicking in, at least 30K blocks, if not more. Since the retargets work properly now, we can safely assume an approximate 2 minute block time... giving about a month's delay before the new rules.
Totally Agree... Figure out if there is anything else worth updating, then make it a long ways out. Nothing is killing us at this point, it's just an improvement.
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 03:28:24 AM

stbgefltc is working on main code during his free time, please RESPECTFULLY request anything you would like. I am currently looking into getting us on a different exchange and the bank. It's a far chance, but it would change not only NRB but the face of crypto if people could start doing ordinary banking ops with it. Due to location i will not be introducing direct fiat withdrawals in that country, but it will be available at ATMs. Getting Visa to accept us is dependent on American interests so we have already begun talking to the guys who made the first BTC ATM.

There is a nation that has said if we support BTC in our bank, they will let us run parallel to normal eco line as an experiment. Our only squabble with them is that they would like the bank to set guaranteed exchange rates for fiat in their country. I am uncomfortable with this since it puts the bank in for serious losses if BTC tanks.
mercSuey

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 03:29:38 AM

Adjusting the retarget algorithm to make the coin resilient to hashrate spikes, see oatmo's post above.

Possibly transaction refunds... and one or two other goodies, but there'll be more info soon.

'transaction refunds' as in reversing transactions?
jasinlee

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 03:31:23 AM

I believe he is referring to tx fees.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
mercSuey

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 03:38:39 AM

stbgefltc is working on main code during his free time, please RESPECTFULLY request anything you would like. I am currently looking into getting us on a different exchange and the bank. It's a far chance, but it would change not only NRB but the face of crypto if people could start doing ordinary banking ops with it. Due to location i will not be introducing direct fiat withdrawals in that country, but it will be available at ATMs. Getting Visa to accept us is dependent on American interests so we have already begun talking to the guys who made the first BTC ATM.

There is a nation that has said if we support BTC in our bank, they will let us run parallel to normal eco line as an experiment. Our only squabble with them is that they would like the bank to set guaranteed exchange rates for fiat in their country. I am uncomfortable with this since it puts the bank in for serious losses if BTC tanks.

barwizi, whatever you do, do NOT accept a fixed rate.  The ongoing currency wars across the globe has instigated a race to devalue currencies between all developed countries.  This will make exports so much cheaper for said countries that other (less developed) countries will have no choice but to devalue as well, in order to keep their exports competitive.  What you would have to worry about is BTC spiking AND their currency tanking; you'll basically be giving away free BTC to that country's banking system.  And the global financial environment is ripe for both to occur.  

-Merc

EDIT:  I assumed you will be selling BTC to this country's financial system.
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 04:47:18 AM

barwizi, whatever you do, do NOT accept a fixed rate.  The ongoing currency wars across the globe has instigated a race to devalue currencies between all developed countries.  This will make exports so much cheaper for said countries that other (less developed) countries will have no choice but to devalue as well, in order to keep their exports competitive.  What you would have to worry about is BTC spiking AND their currency tanking; you'll basically be giving away free BTC to that country's banking system.  And the global financial environment is ripe for both to occur.  

-Merc

EDIT:  I assumed you will be selling BTC to this country's financial system.

thanks for the heads up, i am not too knowledgeable when it comes to deep economics but what you said makes sense.
stbgefltc

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2013, 05:38:33 AM

No, as in creating a new transaction returning funds. John sends Marks X coins in transaction A. For whatever reason, John and Mark agree to a refund. Mark creates a refund transaction B (John can NOT reverse the transaction, only Mark can decide to refund) using the X coins he received in transaction A, assuming he has not spent them, or other unspent coins Mark owns. It will in no way change the original transaction, and only the receiver of funds (Mark) can initiate it. John can only ask Mark to do it, with no guarantee Mark will.

mercSuey

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 06:46:18 AM

No, as in creating a new transaction returning funds. John sends Marks X coins in transaction A. For whatever reason, John and Mark agree to a refund. Mark creates a refund transaction B (John can NOT reverse the transaction, only Mark can decide to refund) using the X coins he received in transaction A, assuming he has not spent them, or other unspent coins Mark owns. It will in no way change the original transaction, and only the receiver of funds (Mark) can initiate it. John can only ask Mark to do it, with no guarantee Mark will.

Okay, I see.  And the significance of this, other than being able to single out specific coins from a past transaction, is the refund will not charge network fees?  But the original transaction fees (charged to John, in your example) are not refunded?

stbgefltc

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2013, 07:01:03 AM

Original fees would not be refunded... and return transaction will have fees charged accordingly to its size. Not charging fees on the return transaction would mean miners could opt it out... Who gets charged those (Mark, by having the fees deduced from the refund, or John, by having him pay the transaction fees on his own coins) is yet to be determined.

It's feasible to implement both solutions. I think that banks charge whoever requested the operation the fees, I do need to get confirmation from a banker though. Well, I know for sure that when a sender asks his bank to reverse a transaction, the sender gets charged, that's how my bank does it. Not too sure for other banks though.

It could be a good compromise to be able to set who pays them (deduce from returned amount, or charge extra fees) depending on the situation.

It's a more of a commodity feature, nothing too fancy.

Also, on a side note, for those compiling from source, walletnotify and alertnotify triggers were implemented (using Bitcoins' implementation), and are available on the master branch in Github.

ISAWHIM

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 03:37:30 PM

Where are the updated windows files?

The link on the original first-post is to an older source than the one I have?

The link I had (I assume burried in one of the non-first posts), gave me a compiled version with 7/9/2013 "modified" dates. The link on the first page gives files that are "modified" on 6/18/2013... thus, older than what I have.

Tell your coder to check his computers time, if he is compiling with an older date than reality, or update the original link on the first post so we don't have to dig to find a program that works. Unless your target is just a minority of poor coders using free OS's, and not the majority of actual people with money using Windows. (Just some food for thought. Not insulting coders, or people not willing to pay for an OS. They have their reasons, I am sure. But they are NOT going to be the primary funding of a coin. If there was anything you should have learned from BTC, it is that internal support of a poor coder leaves you trading pennies, not dollars, for years, and poor structure with "making your program available", essentially kills coins. Just look at mincoin, chncoin, ezcoin, sexcoin, hypercoin, luckycoin, powercoin and anoncoin... You don't want to follow in footsteps that lead you to an open grave.)
stbgefltc

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2013, 03:49:55 PM

The link I had (I assume burried in one of the non-first posts), gave me a compiled version with 7/9/2013 "modified" dates. The link on the first page gives files that are "modified" on 6/18/2013... thus, older than what I have.

Tell your coder to check his computers time, if he is compiling with an older date than reality, or update the original link on the first post so we don't have to dig to find a program that works. Unless your target is just a minority of poor coders using free OS's, and not the majority of actual people with money using Windows. (Just some food for thought. Not insulting coders, or people not willing to pay for an OS. They have their reasons, I am sure. But they are NOT going to be the primary funding of a coin. If there was anything you should have learned from BTC, it is that internal support of a poor coder leaves you trading pennies, not dollars, for years, and poor structure with "making your program available", essentially kills coins. Just look at mincoin, chncoin, ezcoin, sexcoin, hypercoin, luckycoin, powercoin and anoncoin... You don't want to follow in footsteps that lead you to an open grave.)

Not sure what you mean. The link in the first post points to a RAR archive containing the latest version. The DLL's are from 6/18/2013, but who cares, they're just dependencies supporting the program. The main .exe file in the archive is stamped on 7/9/2013. I double checked this.

On a side note, I am the coder. I don't get paid for this (I mine Noirbits like everyone else, and there was no premine...). I do it on my free time. This is a community coin. Anyone willing to help is welcome. Lots of people giving lessons, but not that many actually helping out....

Quite funny how most users consider they shouldn't have too do any work, and the coders should do everything. This is not paid software. Now, if you do decide to pay me, I can get more professional, but line up the cash, because I already have a full-time job coding.

snaidervp

Activity: 333

"Raven's Cry"

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 03:56:36 PM

On a side note, I am the coder. I don't get paid for this (I mine Noirbits like everyone else, and there was no premine...). I do it on my free time. This is a community coin. Anyone willing to help is welcome. Lots of people giving lessons, but not that many actually helping out....

Quite funny how most users consider they shouldn't have too do any work, and the coders should do everything. This is not paid software. Now, if you do decide to pay me, I can get more professional, but line up the cash, because I already have a full-time job coding.

Just........ that...

yawn
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 07:26:16 PM

Not sure what you mean. The link in the first post points to a RAR archive containing the latest version. The DLL's are from 6/18/2013, but who cares, they're just dependencies supporting the program. The main .exe file in the archive is stamped on 7/9/2013. I double checked this.

Please do not take advantage of his efforts, he really has done a lot. Personally m disgusted by those who only complain but can't add anything to the project. I said BE RESPECTFUL , ask nicely when you have issues. attacking him or me may have unexpected results. We have full time jobs already but we are here building this WITH NO PAY. show some decency.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: