Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:19:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is with Bitbar ? It disappeared ?  (Read 1422 times)
virtualmaster (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 02:44:09 PM

What is with Bitbar ? It disappeared ?
It had a cool name and I was thinking to buy some of them but it seems to be to late.
I cannot find it by bter any more.
 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Calendars for free to print: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF Protect the Environment with Namecoin: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF
Namecoinia.org  -  take the planet in your hands
BTC: 15KXVQv7UGtUoTe5VNWXT1bMz46MXuePba   |  NMC: NABFA31b3x7CvhKMxcipUqA3TnKsNfCC7S
Hazard
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 02:45:09 PM

Shitcoin that had a 60% instamine on day one. Why would you want to buy?

r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 02:46:31 PM

^Known Liar, but absolutely correct in this case.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
virtualmaster (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 02:46:57 PM

Just for fun. It has a very cool name.

Calendars for free to print: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF Protect the Environment with Namecoin: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF
Namecoinia.org  -  take the planet in your hands
BTC: 15KXVQv7UGtUoTe5VNWXT1bMz46MXuePba   |  NMC: NABFA31b3x7CvhKMxcipUqA3TnKsNfCC7S
Hazard
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 02:47:32 PM

Liar? I've been very honest and upfront about everything on this forum. If there's one thing to call me, a liar isn't it.

ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 02:55:04 PM

Just like 50% of all the other "Alt"-Coins here...
mebezac

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 02:58:58 PM

Liar? I've been very honest and upfront about everything on this forum. If there's one thing to call me, a liar isn't it.

+1 Hazard is very honest about the fact that he is just crapping out useless coins instead of claiming that a copy and paste coin is somehow revolutionary.

BTC: 168d57nW72Y6DidPgE88iL7vYmpQD45dYK|LTC: LLPttXuFF2uTo2CWeEwXU5CwcUcgQ4NGd3
kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 05:44:17 PM

What is with Bitbar ? It disappeared ?
It had a cool name and I was thinking to buy some of them but it seems to be to late.
I cannot find it by bter any more.
 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

It's still on bter, their navigation had too many currency pairs, so they put it into a "more" menu, instead of having two rows like btc-e.

You can just use the direct link and book mark it:
http://bter.com/trade/btb_btc

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
kokojie
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 05:52:32 PM
Last edit: June 06, 2013, 06:11:42 PM by kokojie

60% of what? LTC had 10100 blocks mined on the first day, which is 33% of all outstanding coins at the 1 month mark (approx 30k blocks mined at the one month mark), I guess LTC must be shit too?

mill0601
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 06:00:42 PM

60% of what? LTC had 10100 blocks mined on the first day, which is 30% of all outstanding coins at the 1 month mark (approx 30k blocks mined at the one month mark), I guess LTC must be shit too?

Agreed, as a matter of fact bitbar has been the only one of the new coins to bring something new to the table and that has been consistently more profitable to mine then bitcoin. Cannot wait until it hits btc-e Wink

❘|❘ ICONOMI Fund Management Platform
LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
bnogal

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 06:10:59 PM

After days mining and a broken power supply, i was able to get 0.3 bitbar, not much, but i really think it can have a future.... having PoS
krasnyoktyabr

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 07:46:29 PM

60% of what? LTC had 10100 blocks mined on the first day, which is 30% of all outstanding coins at the 1 month mark (approx 30k blocks mined at the one month mark), I guess LTC must be shit too?

Agreed, as a matter of fact bitbar has been the only one of the new coins to bring something new to the table and that has been consistently more profitable to mine then bitcoin. Cannot wait until it hits btc-e Wink

As a curiosity, what was new about it?
computerparts

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 07:57:27 PM

It's pretty much the slowest coin out there. That's all I can think of.
krasnyoktyabr

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 08:23:03 PM

I take my question back. It was innovative because it perfected the biased instamine.

If I remember correctly, it was announced by xorxor, who started mining the coin with the creator at the start. Then everyone else was allowed to jump on after that. 2,000 coins were minted within the first 4 hours of that post, with the first two days pulling in 2,500+ coins. Since that day, only ~500 bitbars have been minted.

The only competition with that kind of instamine scam is mincoin, where the first few hundred (or was it an even thousand?) blocks were worth 500 coins each, and then every coin since then has been worth 2 coins. Smiley
kokojie
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 05:47:00 PM

I take my question back. It was innovative because it perfected the biased instamine.

If I remember correctly, it was announced by xorxor, who started mining the coin with the creator at the start. Then everyone else was allowed to jump on after that. 2,000 coins were minted within the first 4 hours of that post, with the first two days pulling in 2,500+ coins. Since that day, only ~500 bitbars have been minted.

The only competition with that kind of instamine scam is mincoin, where the first few hundred (or was it an even thousand?) blocks were worth 500 coins each, and then every coin since then has been worth 2 coins. Smiley

Your math is wrong, there's 3400 bar outstanding, how did you arrive at 500? it's least 800 or more.

At least with BTB, the instamine is not by design, but by protocol. The protocol says the more popular the coin gets, the less reward is produced by block(same as PPC and NVC). So the amount of reward is directly related to how many people mining it. Early adopter is key to every coin, LTC when one month old, has 33% instamine on the 1st day (10100 blocks mined on 1st day). so what? the amount is tiny today, anyone care LTC had a 33% instamine nowdays? no, because that's tiny now compared to the size of LTC outstanding.

mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 05:55:33 PM

Your math is wrong, there's 3400 bar outstanding, how did you arrive at 500? it's least 800 or more.

At least with BTB, the instamine is not by design, but by protocol. The protocol says the more popular the coin gets, the less reward is produced by block(same as PPC and NVC). So the amount of reward is directly related to how many people mining it. Early adopter is key to every coin, LTC when one month old, has 33% instamine on the 1st day (10100 blocks mined on 1st day). so what? the amount is tiny today, anyone care LTC had a 33% instamine nowdays? no, because that's tiny now compared to the size of LTC outstanding.

It's because BTB is based on the ppcoin source code. 2 million of those were created in the first 2 days and then production slowed down dramatically... 9 months later that 2 million is a much smaller % of the coin supply now.
A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 06:05:38 PM

The low starting diff glut was great for anyone that wanted to acquire some cheap.  Thats why the priced dropped this low, the market always "fixes" these problems.  It is a great value at current prices in my opinion.  Its name and design will give it staying power.  You can buy it on Bter or Cryptsy.
Barnacle_Ed

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 06:44:07 PM

Nice to see the BTB fanboys are still alive and deluded as ever...
turtles

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 07:10:27 PM

if you guys are really buying bitbars ive got some volcano insurance you might be interested in
BitJohn

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 07:22:01 PM

Hazard is a pretty straight forward cat. Would definitely not call him a liar
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: