Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:00:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin VS. GOLD  (Read 4237 times)
EEEian

Activity: 246
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 08:20:25 AM

it is neutral. which is good. i think you did a good job and it should be appreciated it if someone tries to contribute. anything can always be done a little better. we should give this guy credit. the nay-sayers should stand up to their word and simply come up with a better one. then we are talking. i bet none of them will even consider getting something together to present here.
Bas01

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 08:41:29 AM

I think at the moment bitcoin can not be considered a full replacement for gold as a world reserve. But for investors bitcoin is a good asset that can bring good profits Cool Wink Smiley
Woolles890

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 08:47:36 AM

Will the bitcoin replace the Gold? If there is A war coming everyone will run to the Bitcoin instead of the gold?
Some analyst  say that in 5 years BTC will be less than $100 while GOLD will be above 10K, your thoghts?
I did my risk mangment and split my investments, boght PAX coin to be on the safe side.

link for more info: https://payperex.com

My decision is that I will keep investing in Bitcoin and also gold. I will share my money to invest in both. Because for me between Bitcoin and gold is not an option. Both of these investment assets are highly feasible for long-term investment assets. And I'm sure if the war comes everyone will definitely choose both.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
tayecrypto

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 08:53:05 AM

Bitcoin has already surpassed Gold in terms of value. however, just like Gold, Bitcoin's value is subject to demand. If people decide to move away from BTC then the price of it will drop seriously.
In terms of war, both of them have their advantages. At the end of the day Gold has been around for almost eternity whereas BTC is still in its infancy. Having been said, BTC is more transferable and there's no limit to how much of it you can store (physically) whilst the same cannot be said for gold. #myonecent
liangweicha

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 08:58:52 AM

It sounds more like a silly joke. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Bitcoin is as valuable as gold, but it ignores the current price of bitcoin when it doesn't like it.

thom88

Activity: 75
Merit: 48

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 08:59:31 AM

Gold is for decoration and this only because its rare. if tomorrow someone would make it possible to artificially create gold (as far as i know possible but economical nonsense so far) for an affordable price, gifting your girlfriend a gold necklace is suddenly not so special anymore. so it would lose most likely its value by 99.9%.
that means, that the artificial gold creating business is a short lived one that will destroy itself.

bitcoin, as useless as gold, can not be artificially created and suddenly a massive amount of reserve found (lets say, under the arctic ice).

bitcoin has only the purpose to store value and its perfectly desinged for this.

so bitcoin is essentially the gold, made by humans, inspired by nature. Cheesy
LKing

Activity: 48

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 09:01:55 AM

Gold:

Monetry value = scarce, fungible, decent medium of exchange, potential unit of account.

Utility value = good at making physical jewlery (malleable)

Bitcoin:

Monetary value = scarce, fungible, excellent medium of exchange, potential unit of account.

Utility value = ability to record data in a global immutable encodable ledger (single source of truth)

For the people who understand golds potential but discount bitcoins. Realise that in an increasingly globalised and digital world, immutable uncorruptable record keeping is much more valuable than the ability to make jewlery.
muneeb.zain

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 09:25:57 AM

I think as bitcoin has more value then the gold as the one who buy bitcoin has more chances to make more money where as the one who buy the gold there are very less chance of the price of the gold will increase. But both the thing have there own demand and value
Robertqueen2

Activity: 826
Merit: 523

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 09:33:49 AM

No one, in my view, could give an exact answer to this question as Bitcoin still strives to get an international accreditation, but there are high expectations that Bitcoin will surpass Gold in the future. We can't deny that gold has been used for decades as a safe store value owing to its scarcity  and preciousness. However, Gold has these features as there is a limited amount of it. Moreover, Bitcoin has the feature of being decentralized. Therefore, it is a matter of trust that bitcoin should attain so as to surpass and replace Gold.

franzkie345

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 10:18:59 AM

No one, in my view, could give an exact answer to this question as Bitcoin still strives to get an international accreditation, but there are high expectations that Bitcoin will surpass Gold in the future. We can't deny that gold has been used for decades as a safe store value owing to its scarcity  and preciousness. However, Gold has these features as there is a limited amount of it. Moreover, Bitcoin has the feature of being decentralized. Therefore, it is a matter of trust that bitcoin should attain so as to surpass and replace Gold.

I think theres a big chance bitcoin can replace the gold because bitcoin will popular in every country because of the good price and we know bitcoin is ideal also for investment so theres a big chance gold will plunge the price and bitcoin will goes up the price because of people investing.
henry clinton

Activity: 76

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 10:21:51 AM

many people call Bitcoin The digital Gold. But Bitcoin is totally different. It is very volatile on the contrary we've seen that gold price do not shift that frequently. But I think both are good for investing.
extrimals

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 10:25:15 AM

I always supported only gold. My thoughts reinforced the fact that gold has a limited resource. But scientists found bacteria that secrete gold. Now I'm on the side of bitcoin) Grin Grin
arguelles84

Activity: 285

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 10:27:01 AM

So far, not many shops accept Bitcoin both online and offline. But after all, the ingot of gold, the more you will not pay off either on the websites or in the bakery. You can not buy goods directly for gold, because the times of pirates have already passed. In order to withdraw investment from gold, you will need to find a buyer for it and not the fact that the proposed sale price will suit you. Investments in bitcoin at any time can be exchanged for Fiat and displayed on the card in a variety of online exchangers or immediately buy a product for the crypt.
elementus

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 10:28:58 AM

Bitcoin and gold are literally the inverse of each other, and consequently serve very different purposes. Gold is physical, very trusted, extremely adopted and old as the earth itself. Highly liquidable. Bitcoin isn't physical one bit, trusted but not nearly as much as gold. Fairly new and not so adopted as well. Gold serves your physical asset portfolios, Bitcoin and other cryptos are more akin to stock.
st tiger

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 10:31:19 AM

The main difference between gold and bitcoin is the formation and use. Gold is an certified asset. Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency that can be used to buy gold. But now a days people using bitcoin also like an asset. But gold has the super hand because from centuries it is being used to buy and sell like asset. In future bitcoin also can use like this I think.
kiumilo0o

Activity: 81

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 10:36:08 AM

Gold and Bitcoin all have the characteristics of a currency: they are all widely accepted means of exchange; Can be replaced, durable, flexible, can split and are scarce.
Omparkash72
Copper Member

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 10:37:20 AM

The comparison of Bitcoin and gold is never fare both are unique at their own. As per today's trend people prefer Bitcoin rather then gold because it's new and having more worth , you can invest unlimited in Bitcoin it's advantage is digital currency and the same cannot be said for gold because it is store physical.i think coming years are of digital currency, which you need not to store physical you can store in your phone and use any where with just internet connection.

Grimjhow

Activity: 159

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 11:18:24 AM

for us bitcoin and gold is also a good investment, but we still choose a good investment in bitcoin, because for us it is easier to make bigger profits than gold investment.
elenora

Activity: 95

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 12:52:02 PM

There has been a widespread curiosity and urge for the comparison of Gold and the popular cryptocurrency - Bitcoin after Apple's Co-founder - Steve Wozniak commented that he thinks Bitcoin has a higher standard of value than gold and also the U.S. dollar.

By giving hefty returns in a limited span of time, Bitcoin has gained much popularity among investors. Along with that, more and more people are flocking towards the digital currency due to centralization and dubious policies of the government. This has also resulted in the surge of Bitcoin investment.

Gold has been a strong store of value since the modern history's commencement. But Bitcoin has emerged now, as a challenging alternative to Gold. Seeing the volatile nature of their markets, both Gold and Bitcoin are highly considerate to occupy a stable place in one's portfolio.

Who will be winning the game of being the ultimate long-term store of value can be judged only through a side-by-side comparison of both, as given under:

- Mode Of Payment

For a limited number of transactions, Bitcoin proves to be a more convenient mode of payment than gold, anywhere in the world.

- Limited Supply

Hard Supply of Bitcoin is capped at $21 million and is known to everyone and also the exact amount of Bitcoin circulating in the market can be easily known. Whereas it's hard to determine the exact numbers of circulation as well as the supply cap for Gold and with the new policy of incentivizing the gold miners, the supply of gold is expected to increase in near future.

This transparency of Bitcoin discards the risk of unnecessary and unpredictable inflation giving Bitcoin an advantage over gold.

- Stability

Gold has an advantage here over Bitcoin, as it has proven itself to become a store of value for thousands of years now. Whereas Bitcoin is yet to be mass-adopted and tested as it's just nine years old currently.

Also, Gold doesn't depend on the internet connection for its operations making it accessible and transferable without having technological pieces of equipment.

- Ease of transportation and transfer

One thing Bitcoin has to support is the manner by which it can without much of a stretch be transported without worrying about the size of the amount.

Gold again is regularly transported in its physical shape or through a paper variation, which goes about as an IOU. Numerous individuals incline toward the digital arrangement over paper or physical weight as moving gold around the globe in a physical format remains very troublesome.

- Storage

Since a Bitcoin balance is stored in a digital format, it can easily dwell on a PC, smartphone, or even a hardware wallet of the size of normal USB drives. You can easily carry them along regardless of the quantity anywhere in around the globe.

However, storing a large amount of gold at home isn't safe. Many investors assign other people to have the gold stored for them, which again involves a huge amount of risk. Carrying gold along is quite inconvenient as it has some fixed allowance limits and also creates high possibilities of theft.

- Security

it's obvious that Bitcoins are more secure than Gold as it eliminates any third party involvement and being digitally stored, it cannot be faked which many times happen with gold. 

Also, Bitcoins can't be confiscated by any government body but yes, Gold can be. It happened long back in the US history, where the government ordered to surrender Gold in exchange for money and coincidentally after which the USD devalued, drawing the people in hard losses.

Hence, it's evident that Bitcoin has a number of advantages over Gold which makes it a good placeholder for the long-term gains and putting your resources into Bitcoin, you have the certification that your funds won't be lost in the view of degradation. 

https://cointopper.com/guides/bitcoin-vs-gold-who-wins
elenora

Activity: 95

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 01:11:59 PM

I think bitcoin will not replace gold. In terms of security investing gold is superior because its value is more stable than bitcoin and also there is a real gold, not like bitcoin. Moreover, all countries have agreed that gold as a wealth asset. Even more people are open to gold than bitcoin.
I believe that bitcoin and hold is different from each other and they are not comparisons, bitcoin is a digital numbers while gold is a precious treasures. We can use both of them in gaining through investing but we cannot really compare both gold and bitcoin, but is i have to choose one of it i will still choose bitcoin, because I believe that bitcoin is amazing than gold.

By giving hefty returns in a limited span of time, Bitcoin has gained much popularity among investors. Along with that, more and more people are flocking towards the digital currency due to centralization and dubious policies of the government. This has also resulted in the surge of Bitcoin investment.

Gold has been a strong store of value since the modern history's commencement. But Bitcoin has emerged now, as a challenging alternative to Gold. Seeing the volatile nature of their markets, both Gold and Bitcoin are highly considerate to occupy a stable place in one's portfolio.

Who will be winning the game of being the ultimate long-term store of value can be judged only through a side-by-side comparison of both.

https://cointopper.com/guides/bitcoin-vs-gold-who-wins
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: