Bitcoin Forum
August 23, 2024, 10:09:37 PM *
News: All versions of Windows are affected by a critical security bug; make sure you update.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Future of altcoins?  (Read 6200 times)
consigliere

Activity: 476
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 09:53:00 AM

Well, I will not say that altcoins is waiting for the collapse, as the market is held not only by one bitcoin. I just think that over time, all projects that don't have a product will die.
schwarzeradler

Activity: 100
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 06:08:24 PM

Interest in cryptocurrencies is currently at fever pitch with banks, businesses, and governments racing to understand the technology and how they can exploit it. As a result, the cryptocurrency market has begun to rise exponentially, and last month reached an astonishing $378 billion in market capitalization. Whatever happens next, cryptocurrencies look certain to play an increasingly influential role in the global financial system. In today’s world, most of the blockchain coin prices are driven by scarcity model and hype which is not based on real world use case. None of the blockchain is capable enough to meet the demand of enterprise and governments. They need high transaction rate and security against future thread like quantum attack. Most of the banks are still keeping themselves away from existing blockchains because of high transaction fees, partial decentralism and future quantum attacks.TIM is a two layered blockchain-
-First layer is root blockchain which only stores Merkle hash of second layer. First layer is very light weight (approx. 4 MB data size).
-Second layer (Multigraph) is the one which stores all the transaction data in form of blocks. First layer only references the blocks of second layer. Second layer blocks are partitioned using vertical shard.
Each node (mobile device / computer running TIM core engine) in TIM network contains entire root blockchain (first layer) and only a part of the second layer blocks. Assuming there are 10,000 nodes in a network, TIM first creates cluster of nodes based on geolocation using partition technology. So the nodes which belongs to ASIA will be part of ASIA cluster and nodes which belongs to North America will belong to North America cluster. TIM call this clusters as triangles / graphs.
The transaction which is originating in North America will participate in triangle of North America only. All blocks mined in North America will be stored in each of the nodes which belong to North America region only. However, all the nodes of North America will have complete root blockchain present but only part of second layer blocks which is mined in North America. Similarly, each Node of Asia Cluster (triangle) will contain entire root blockchain of TIM but only part of second layer blocks which is mined in ASIA. This is called as vertical partition of blocks.
If the data size of entire TIM blockchain is 1 GB, then it will split among these two regions (approx. 500 MB each). So, each node of North America will store root blockchain (4 MB size) and approx. 500 MB of block data. However, in ideal scenario of 1 GB data, TIM will have many triangles (approx. 100). And data will be partitioned (using dynamic vertical partition based of geolocation) to approx. 10 MB block data. So, each node in a given triangle will have 4 MB of root blockchain and 10 MB of partitioned second layer blocks data. This will enable even a mobile device with less memory to become a node of TIM blockchain.
Triangles (cluster of Nodes) / Multigraph – Each node in the triangles communicate to each other using DAG (Directed Acyclic graph) topology. Hence, we call these triangles as graphs also. And collection of these triangles is called as Multigraph (which is the second layer of TIM blockchain). Multigraph stores entire blocks split across graph/triangles. So, if we have 100 triangles, Network will look like as below.
It is because of the DAG topology of each triangle, nodes can communicate very fast, achieving speed of 10,000 tx/sec per triangle. And if the 100 partitions are created due to the demand of transactions, then total network capacity will be around 1 million tx/sec.
However, these triangular regions are created by TIM technology on demand of transaction load. If the load increases in a given region, the TIM technology can further split triangle into two parts and there by doubling the speed of that region. TIM network auto adjusts the load based on demand and also merges the region if the demand is less. This is driven by statistical model for load balancing and using geolocation of nodes to understand the transaction load in a given geographical area.
Belmyl

Activity: 54
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 11:38:15 PM

Altcoins have future. But only good projects will survice.
As we can observe on market cap each year BTC dominance go down.
Each project can give something know to our world.
Is stupid to think that BTC will slay ALTs. BTC not give something new know this coin is only for payments nothing more
galahads

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 05:52:28 AM

There is too much altcoins and project from developer almost the same and don't have a different from previous project so many inevestor not interested with new project.  Huh
aragom

Activity: 728
Merit: 263

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 08:37:31 AM

Future of altcoin is dependent on different variables. If bitcoin keep increasing in value and people keep been positive about Cryptocurrency,  there will be development and more investment will flow in!

99% of them will be 0$ in 3 years.
there are lots of scam projects and scam ico. they took money and they dont work. or interested with project.
mostar3454

Activity: 86

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 12:34:21 PM

The HIT Protocol includes several critical pathways for HITs to flow. First, a content provider integrates the iPowow interface with content, such as a TV show. During the show, viewers are prompted with a call to action to participate in some way with the content they are watching. Viewers can respond to the call to action directly on the device on which they are watching the content or through a second device. Once viewers sign up to begin earning rewards, they can interact with specific elements of the show and accumulate HITs for their time and interaction. These valuable HIT tokens can then be used on the Digital Shopping Plaza to purchase physical and digital goods, access to more content, and experiences offered by our content partners.Get Started
The entrypoint for all viewers to access their HIT balances is the “HIT Account.” To start, adoption incentives are offered for signing up to the platform, creating a profile, and referring others. Data incentives are also offered for viewers who opt-in to provide their viewing and interaction data to support their favorite shows. This provides valuable data to brands and show creators. Gamification incentives are offered for competing on participation leaderboards, and achieving consecutive login streaks. We include milestone incentives for those reaching and maintaining HITs balance milestones and leveling-up their profiles. This encourages viewers to keep track of their HITs and engage in opportunities to increase their numbers.
In addition to driving engagement and participation, fans have the opportunity to create social profiles to display their earned recognition for activity in the community. The most dedicated and active participants of the HIT community will also be first in line for feature and content test groups as the platform develops and grows, encouraging healthy competition among users.
Earn Rewards for Watching & Engaging
Viewers earn HITs by watching and interacting with shows and ads. Poles and contests are a couple of the ways viewers can engage. Loyalty and rewards incentives are presented by broadcasters, brands and advertising campaigns, customized to viewers.
Viewers can circulate HITs by spending them to influence the trajectory of a given show. This can be done by voting and by sending donations or tips to broadcasters, streamers and content creators. This active exchange of tokens, encourages viewer participation with shows as well as with each other, strengthening the show’s fan base and the health of the ecosystem.
Tools for Shows and Advertisers
In a world where sequels are king, and building on existing universes matters (both for dollars and mindshare), iPowow has the features to match the market. To drive repeat engagement, broadcasters and showrunners are given several campaign management tools. We offer the ability to create show-specific badges and achievements matched to limited-time campaigns for brands. This highly targeted marketing is especially effective with dedicated fans of ongoing series. The incentivized model powered by HITs ultimately allows for fandom to reign supreme, providing a highly effective mechanism for networks to better understand their specific audiences.
Looking to the Future
We are committed to fostering the creation of new and exciting audience engagement applications by rewarding developers with HITs for building novel solutions on our protocol. Our Source Development Kit, or SDK, and GitHub repository will enable easy scaling, pulling from and adding to the codebase. With our application distribution system, iPowow’s worldwide partnerships for the HIT Protocol will be an attractive launchpad for apps made for the HIT token. The true power of the HIT Protocol will be unlocked by allowing developers to distribute HIT-based interactive apps across a global platform.Where do I get the most up-to-date information?

Medium: https://medium.com/@HitProtocol
Telegram: https://t.me/joinchat/GbhICkzlix0FAiTlQIzufA
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/HITPROTOCOL
Twitter: https://twitter.com/HitProtocol
DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 01:01:07 PM

Hi,

I'm just new to this forum.
What do you think of the future of all Altcoins?

I think only the good coins will survive..

Altcoins can and will survive. Not every one of them, but most definitely the top coins with real world use and actual value (like Ethereum) will. Altcoins will always be there because competition is part of everything. Bitcoin go on without having competition. Competition drives value.

I wouldn't be surprised if in the future some altcoins even come to par or even overtake bitcoin.
schwarzeradler

Activity: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 04:41:06 PM

By offering viewers with a direct path from content to commerce, we also provide content providers with invaluable knowledge about what content is most successful in generating revenue. Historically, brands and content providers needed to sort through many disparate data sources to make conjectures about which content led to purchases. By connecting to the HIT Protocol, content providers no longer need to guess about what is working and what isn’t, as HITs connect the dotted lines between viewing habits and product purchases.
Get Started
The entrypoint for all viewers to access their HIT balances is the “HIT Account.” To start, adoption incentives are offered for signing up to the platform, creating a profile, and referring others. Data incentives are also offered for viewers who opt-in to provide their viewing and interaction data to support their favorite shows. This provides valuable data to brands and show creators. Gamification incentives are offered for competing on participation leaderboards, and achieving consecutive login streaks. We include milestone incentives for those reaching and maintaining HITs balance milestones and leveling-up their profiles. This encourages viewers to keep track of their HITs and engage in opportunities to increase their numbers.
In addition to driving engagement and participation, fans have the opportunity to create social profiles to display their earned recognition for activity in the community. The most dedicated and active participants of the HIT community will also be first in line for feature and content test groups as the platform develops and grows, encouraging healthy competition among users.
Earn Rewards for Watching & Engaging
Viewers earn HITs by watching and interacting with shows and ads. Poles and contests are a couple of the ways viewers can engage. Loyalty and rewards incentives are presented by broadcasters, brands and advertising campaigns, customized to viewers.
Viewers can circulate HITs by spending them to influence the trajectory of a given show. This can be done by voting and by sending donations or tips to broadcasters, streamers and content creators. This active exchange of tokens, encourages viewer participation with shows as well as with each other, strengthening the show’s fan base and the health of the ecosystem.
Tools for Shows and Advertisers
In a world where sequels are king, and building on existing universes matters (both for dollars and mindshare), iPowow has the features to match the market. To drive repeat engagement, broadcasters and showrunners are given several campaign management tools. We offer the ability to create show-specific badges and achievements matched to limited-time campaigns for brands. This highly targeted marketing is especially effective with dedicated fans of ongoing series. The incentivized model powered by HITs ultimately allows for fandom to reign supreme, providing a highly effective mechanism for networks to better understand their specific audiences.
Looking to the Future
We are committed to fostering the creation of new and exciting audience engagement applications by rewarding developers with HITs for building novel solutions on our protocol. Our Source Development Kit, or SDK, and GitHub repository will enable easy scaling, pulling from and adding to the codebase. With our application distribution system, iPowow’s worldwide partnerships for the HIT Protocol will be an attractive launchpad for apps made for the HIT token. The true power of the HIT Protocol will be unlocked by allowing developers to distribute HIT-based interactive apps across a global platform.Where do I get the most up-to-date information?

KocaEfe

Activity: 346
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 09:15:04 AM

Hi,

I think out of all 1,600 altcoins, only 200-300 coins will survive, which really deserve a lot of attention. And everyone else will be on the periphery. Perhaps they will be used, but they will all be focused on Ethereum.
joelsamuya

Activity: 532
Merit: 41

https://emirex.com

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 09:30:15 AM

Hi,

From the date of your posted statement 2017, many things happen this year, haha, i bet everyone does and, altcoins were downtrend this year and almost all coins out there, but the best thing is that many coins and coins were introduced to the market, this is a good indication that market is transparent to the new ones, but it contributes to the market price per coin.

At the end of the day, only promising and good coins will survive.
abubakarbes9

Activity: 106

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 12:53:24 PM

Viewers could then select their choice and ultimately determine the direction of the show they’re watching. In the late Nineties, the technology wasn’t where it needed to be to make interactive TV possible. But the idea of providing viewers with opportunities to engage directly with their favorite shows stuck with me.

For the next decade I produced, scripted or edited TV shows such as “BBC Top Gear,” “MasterChef,” “So You Think You Can Dance,” “Big Brother,” and “MythBusters.” It seemed I was the only one asking how we could get the audience engaged in real-time. Why? No viewers were asking to engage with the TV show in real-time, so why change them? This is why what’s next is more important than what’s now.

In 2010, technology had developed to a place where the idea of connecting viewers directly to TV shows in real time was finally possible. I worked with a team of engineers and TV producers to build the first prototype for iPowow. A year later, our technology allowed Sports Center to pose a question live on air to the audience like, “Who will win the superbowl this year?” Viewers use their phones to go to the Sports Center vote page to pick their team and the results of the poll show up in real time in the TV studio. Viewers feel more connected to the show, and Sports Center and their sponsors learn more about their viewers.

Turns out people do want to engage more with their favorite content, but they just didn’t know it. When we presented iPowow to TV executives at Disney, Fox, and NBC, they all went for it. We’ve since worked with all the major TV networks and Fortune 500 brands from Coca Cola, to Samsung, to Lexus.

If I’d asked viewers what they wanted to change about their TV experience in 1996, they may have told me they liked it just the way it was. This is why the mantra of what’s next drives me to continue iterating novel solutions for iPowow rather than resting on our laurels as a globally known technology for enabling participation TV.

The next development for iPowow takes engagement to the next level. We are building an initiative called the HIT Protocol, which enables viewers to get paid for watching and engaging with their favorite shows. No one asked us for this invention because people didn’t know it was possible. The advent of blockchain changed that, as the technology allows for the tokenization of activities like watching and participating in TV shows.

Here are 3 steps for anticipating what’s next instead of what’s now:

Read the signs

Though people may not be conscious of what they desire beyond the here and now, they will leave hints about what they may want in the future. This is actually how Facebook and other tech platforms know more about their users than users know about themselves. People leave clues to their unconscious desires through their actions and behaviors. Facebook has been known to predict whether a user will get married or get divorced before the user has consciously made that decision.

Trust your instincts

It’s always a good idea to listen to mentors and those who came before you, but at some point you have to trust that voice in your head (or the gut feeling you get) and go for it. If I’d listened to and accepted the way things were all those years I worked in television, I never would have built that first prototype with iPowow.

Don’t stop

If you’ve successfully built a product that people want and use, great! That’s hard to do, but don’t stop there, because there’s always the next thing. This is why, despite iPowow’s work and relationships across the TV and media industry, we are now developing the HIT Protocol to further deepen the bond between viewers, content, and brands.Where do I get the most up-to-date information?

LudaIvanova7

Activity: 85

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 12:57:38 PM

what is best way to search good coin?
supahlovah

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 02:51:57 PM

Future of altcoin is dependent on different variables. If bitcoin keep increasing in value and people keep been positive about Cryptocurrency,  there will be development and more investment will flow in!

People look and follow not only bikoin, of course, he is a pioneer, but there are other coins on the market, which are also indicators
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 03:11:57 PM

Hi,

I think out of all 1,600 altcoins, only 200-300 coins will survive, which really deserve a lot of attention. And everyone else will be on the periphery. Perhaps they will be used, but they will all be focused on Ethereum.
Even I want to mention that maybe only 50 coins will have a pretty good future and only 10 will get a very good future prospect. We have to admit that there are so many Altcoins that have failed and they have lost a lot of transactions on the coin. Coin that will be great is Etherum, Bitcoin cash, Ripple, NEO, EOS and various coins that are in the top 10. So you have to be really right in choosing, investing in Altcoin will be quite risky. Altcoin is indeed one side of the development of digital currencies, with the existence of Altcoin, the crypto market will have more choices.
spartaka

Activity: 78

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 03:15:56 PM

Altcoins are under massive pressure now, as people are fleeing into less volatile assets like Bitcoin or stable coins. But this will change quickly again when the market reverses...in the long term I am not worried about alts at all. Alts drive innovation and growth.
Vlad_m

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2018, 03:58:55 PM

Hm... A lot of things are happening around us in the crypto world.

I would focus on Securities Tokens because it is more understandable for the public and it can take us closer to the mass adoption.

As an example of Securities, I would suggest Corl.

Corl is the world’s first token to represent equity ownership in a company that provides revenue-sharing financing to high-potential early-revenue companies.

Unlike traditional tokens on the market, Corl is based on a profit-sharing model and investors receive a continuous stream of quarterly dividends in the form of Ether (ETH), based on future earnings of Corl.

Here's the link for you guys https://corl.io/
ezequiel

Activity: 69

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 04:18:24 PM

They will not replace usual money but they will have their place in trading. Too much people are interested in crypto and I believe more people will invest in the future also!
namcunguyen

Activity: 412
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 04:46:55 PM

Hi,

I think Bitcoin is the currency that determines the survival of the Altcoins. If Bitcoin prices are high, the Altcoins will go up and when the bitcoin drops, the Altcoins will go down. This shows that Bitcoin is the brain cell of the Altcoins and even the ICOS campaigns that exist are also highly dependent on Bitcoin. The problem to be solved that Altcoins can be separated and not affected by Bitcoin. It is very difficult for all.
MorganFreeman41

Activity: 378
Merit: 26

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 04:59:07 PM

I have the feeling that someone very much exhausted the market and now has a lifeless corpse. I don't know what's going on and it's hard to make predictions given the situation on the market.
dewynijhof

Activity: 292
Merit: 11

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 05:04:32 PM

i think if this down trend keep going like this for next few months, may be altcoins will die and the entire market will dump cryptocurrencies forever, but this is the worst situation i can think becasue there are chacne the market will not be able to dump altcoins anymore with not enough force or good news can bring the market up.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: