Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 09:51:20 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] WORLD of BATTLES - eSports Platform + connects with Twich  (Read 6904 times)
RobbieDK

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 10:36:46 PM

Pretty sick of this.

Now what?
bitstreetbankster

Activity: 141
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 11:01:44 PM

I must admit that I got fooled by that article on Cointelegraph.
huh... is there any help for our poor souls?
At least they could release that shitcoins so we can play monopoly with them...
Very, very bad situation...
tercas

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 11:05:42 PM

Good question.. Same here, was my first ICO, seems like got screwed on this one. Would be good to know whether there's any chance getting the money back?
jtbrothers

Activity: 12

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 11:13:26 PM

Good question.. Same here, was my first ICO, seems like got screwed on this one. Would be good to know whether there's any chance getting the money back?

Highly unlikely. These fuckers did a thorough job. Only thing left to do is warn others on here and anywhere else. I'm going to continually repeat that until the end of this SCAM ICO is complete.

****THIS ICO IS A COMPLETE SCAM - STAY AWAY
imickw

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:59:37 AM

I would like to sincerely thank all those that flagged this as a scam. It certainly made me question if it was truely legit.

When I dug around I found generic LinkedIn profiles with little more than employment history and social media feeds that only went back a month or so. For a company that claimed to be in development for 18 months there should’ve been more history in social media.

I emailed Twitch to see if they were collaborating, but haven’t had a reply yet.

I looked at the code on GitHub, nothing there except for the same PR crap they put on the website and when the ICO code was put up this morning, it looked cut and paste from an Ethereum template.

This certainly had me going for a while and I wanted to invest, in the end glad I didn’t. The website appears to be down now.

I feel for those that fell victim to these scum, hoping karma comes around for them. I also hope this doesn’t put people off crypto too much and we can all get better at calling this garbage out.

Ivan the programmer on YouTube does a good video on navigating GitHub if you want to learn about about it, especially for working out if there is active contributors to the project.

All the best folks
Quee9B

Activity: 4

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 03:16:51 AM

I wanted to take a minute to thank everyone who raised red flags on this one.  I almost invested in this (as my first ICO/crypto investment), but your warnings caused me to dig deeper and ultimately decide not to proceed.  Thanks again.
Kakalotarmanda

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 04:08:06 AM

Rip World of battles. Cannot access their website.
pietrossj4

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 05:38:37 AM

Good morning, I'm a destroyed father, I invested $ 50000 in NEO in January after my son was born. It was a long-term investment for my baby. Yesterday for WorldOfBattles crowsalling I sold 2120 NEOs for 298 ethereum. I trusted to cointhelegraph and I participated in the ico. I was destroyed had to be my son's future. Now I can not sleep I do not know how to tell my wife. I would like to make it over. Please I ask you if you can help me somehow. I hope anyone who reads this message can put a hand on my heart and help me. I strongly believe in the blockchain my great investment was for the future of my son, we are not a rich family. I would make it over to humbly ask for help. my ethereum address where I sent is: 0x17C1105D5e10EEB27645fC46A77a5B314dA6A70A
RobbieDK

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 06:31:45 AM

This "HaRR0o" guy, who opened this thread, is a member since 2014.
Is there any possibility he has anything to do with this? Or can he be a valid member, who promoted this 'coin'?
mashechkala

Activity: 6

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 06:41:05 AM

I'm new too and lost 0.1 Eth on this scam. Well, I'll consider this an education expense. Thank you to everybody who pointed out red flags! 
Holie

Activity: 49

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 07:47:58 AM

I'm sorry for everyone who got scammed Sad it was a very nice scam BTW.
I hope you didn't loose that much...
bitstreetbankster

Activity: 141
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 07:55:49 AM

Its amazing how they made it credible. Take a look:

https://icobench.com/ico/world-of-battles
https://cointelegraph.com/news/worlds-first-ethereum-based-esports-platform-launched
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/how-investors-can-earn-money-in-the-2-billion-market-of-esports/
https://themerkle.com/how-investors-can-earn-money-in-the-2-billion-esports-market/

It would be interesting to hear what those news outlets have to say about this mess.
I can't believe that I got fooled by those scam artists. This is a sad day. I feel so stupid.
N1CKH0LAS

Activity: 413
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:07:47 AM
Last edit: October 18, 2017, 08:21:05 AM by N1CKH0LAS

In addition to the SCAM warnings I've posted here: (with proofs) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2272833.msg23151253#msg23151253  I've also sent Cointelegraph an email with those details, but haven't received any answer yet. They didn't even remove the article from their website...

• Black Desert Online Accounts / Level 60+ Characters: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5240670.0
• Eve Plex, ISK and characters for BTC: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=341251.0
Buerra
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:49:07 AM

There is now lots of esports platform on icos even some of them looks like scam. Why we should invest to your platform?Whats different than others?
When your platform will be ready?If its not soon i dont think you could sell any tokens.
The existing platforms involve serious problems for the players. There are frequent downtimes and errors on the servers. The resolution of game disputes sometimes depend on persons who are in collusion with the opponent. Most companies are under total control of their owners, and the users' deposits are often confiscated or fall into hackers’ hands. The World of Battles decentralized gaming platform solves all the existing problems: eliminates network downtimes, checks the results of the games resolving disputes automatically, and safeguards the users’ money. These innovations significantly enhance the quality of eSports. They will make game playing completely automated, more secure, and much more pleasant.
World of Battles presents a platform where everyone has an opportunity to show their skills fairly and to build a career as a professional gamer.
The World of Battles breakthrough platform created on the basis of Ethereum’s smart contracts gives everyone an opportunity to compete in popular online games such as Hearthstone, League of Legends, Dota 2, CounterStrike: GO, StarCraft 2.

ROADMAP - https://ico.worldofbattles.io/
As my idea people now saying its much more likely scam project which is make bad reputation for you guys if you guys really on this project.
Try to show something before ico at least a beta version of project so people could make invest.
Raakkoni

Activity: 12

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:52:51 AM

Hello guys,

I had to create an account just to thank you for warning about the red flags in this one. I have been getting interested about ICOs lately and was also fooled by the article in cointelegraph. I was seriously considering to invest about 6-8 ETH in this one. Luckily I did my googling and found this thread before that. That would have been my first ever ICO investment. Scam averted with bitcointalk.

ICObench

Activity: 204
Merit: 2

ICO rating platform and a blockchain community

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 09:01:28 AM

If this is true, it is sad. We all can speculate but no one knows for sure until it is over.
It is also a good example of why we are building an expert community - to help each other out with the insights and knowledge. To step together in cases like this and to prevent them from happening if possible.

If anyone feels competent and helpful, feel free to register at ICObench and apply as an expert.

ICObench (https://icobench.com/) - ICO rating platform and a blockchain community
bambambam

Activity: 49

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 10:41:11 AM

Their site is back up.

Everyone should send messages to those news outlets to tell them to take down their articles before more people invest in this.
niobdev

Activity: 55

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 10:44:10 AM

Very interesting project.  Wink
RobbieDK

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:11:03 PM

Can someone get me the IP-addresses of those new people who are fancy about these cheating scammers? Would like to get in contact with the police department to solve this problem.

Snaguit321

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:17:51 PM

Waiting this coins to be on exchange.. already participate the ICO Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: