Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:11:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Claymore's miner ETH fee removed (Win 64bit only)  (Read 8715 times)
SodiumEx

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 08:48:00 PM

Another scam on claymore. Probably stealing more than he is saying too

It's actually really accurate to what he's claiming, I've been using it sense he first released it. I monitored it with Wireshark and even used sandboxie also used VMware as well as look at this patch and everything seem's fine and I get a little increased share count from the fee's. I'm pretty sure u gave 0% evidence to back up your claim. If you Don't trust it then move along and use the regular version, which nothing is wrong with that either.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
P00P135

Activity: 1123
Merit: 136

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 09:07:09 PM

Another scam on claymore. Probably stealing more than he is saying too

It's actually really accurate to what he's claiming, I've been using it sense he first released it. I monitored it with Wireshark and even used sandboxie also used VMware as well as look at this patch and everything seem's fine and I get a little increased share count from the fee's. I'm pretty sure u gave 0% evidence to back up your claim. If you Don't trust it then move along and use the regular version, which nothing is wrong with that either.

No one is going to listen to some random 2 post person, sorry.
SodiumEx

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 04:14:56 AM
Last edit: October 23, 2017, 01:40:03 AM by SodiumEx

No one is going to listen to some random 2 post person, sorry.
That's 100% fine by me. You don't have to apologize M8, it really doesn't even bother me as i'm just giving my review on it so far as I'm still using and comparing vs other mining rig's that I have with a few of my custom timing straps. They can feel free to test it them self by using Vmware with sandboxie and wireshark if they think they're at risk. I actually recommend that to everyone who downloads programs off E-net forums and such. Safety 1st
rzrwolf

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 10:57:28 AM

It seems i have a problem when entering with following config

-epool eu1.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal 0xwallet.amd -epsw x -dcoin lbc -dpool stratum+tcp://lbry.suprnova.cc:6256 -dwal rzrwolf.claymore -dpsw claymore -dcri 20,17  -cclock 1145,1150 -cvddc 900,900 -mvddc 925,900 -mclock 1950,2080 -platform 1 -mport -3334

It seems to ignore the -platform 1 line and some other lines before that
tc_

Activity: 16

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 06:42:43 PM

any idea why when i run it, it says starting miner but nothing more and the cpu utilitzation goes thru the roof and windows freezes.

we needing a framework of a certain version?

its all configured up.  any ideas?
win 10 pro, 1703, basic. 

but i can run default original start_ bat files (with address modified of course) and its hashing properly.

quochuan29

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 06:50:42 PM

Do not use this i think  it will stealing more than he is saying. I never meet a good steale.

SodiumEx

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:18:57 AM

any idea why when i run it, it says starting miner but nothing more and the cpu utilitzation goes thru the roof and windows freezes.

win 10 pro, 1703, basic. 

but i can run default original start_ bat files (with address modified of course) and its hashing properly.

what is making ur cpu spike in task manager? I'm only at 3-7% cpu with msi afterburner
Stopper

Activity: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:31:48 PM

my config is not in bat file , but in config.txt
and program wont start
what i have to do?
tc_

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:52:23 AM

win 10 pro, 1703, basic. 

what is making ur cpu spike in task manager? I'm only at 3-7% cpu with msi afterburner

I have to do  a hard reset since everything freezes,

i will have to start task man before trying again, anyone else say this works>?

does this program need a certain framework or vc redistrib?

n3g4t1v337

Activity: 37

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 03:35:46 PM

OP are you still here??
Eth_Saver (OP)

Activity: 61

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:26:29 PM

win 10 pro, 1703, basic. 

I have to do  a hard reset since everything freezes,

i will have to start task man before trying again, anyone else say this works>?

does this program need a certain framework or vc redistrib?

It was made for .Net Framework 4.7 but this seems like the program can't find right adresses and it get stuck in loop where it keeps looking..

For those who can't use their long StartupArguments it is limited to only 256 characters in this version. Config will be changed completely I hope I can work on it this sunday I didn't have time at all this week.
n3g4t1v337

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 07:22:37 PM

Thanks for replying. Will check again.
Eth_Saver (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 11:12:00 PM

I just saw that claymore released new version few days ago so next version will be for 10.1. I spent some time with it today and I have managed to manually patch everything it seems.. no crashes so far  Roll Eyes Now I need to rewrite the program because it was too simple before it will need to handle more things now. Nicehash mining will be possible in next version! http://prntscr.com/h44opy
n3g4t1v337

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:37:56 AM

Just curious, because I've never used it - why would you use claymore's miner to just mine to NH?  Isn't the benefit of NH that their miner changes algorithms to whatever is most profitable, or am I missing something?
kenshiroth

Activity: 15

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 01:55:12 PM

every body 6*rx570 Previously just 161 Mh/s
Now 164 Mh/s  Grin Grin
How do you think?
P00P135

Activity: 1123
Merit: 136

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:41:41 PM

Just curious, because I've never used it - why would you use claymore's miner to just mine to NH?  Isn't the benefit of NH that their miner changes algorithms to whatever is most profitable, or am I missing something?

People use Claymore and other miners to keep the type of coins they are mining.  Nice hash just mines whatever coin is in demand and pays you in BTC instead of the coin you are mining. 
MinerChad

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 08:39:42 PM

Hey Eth_Saver, thanks! This program is beautiful.

I have one question -- so you say that the longer you mine, the less dev-fee sessions will be given to you.  But how does the program keep track of how long you have been mining?  Like, let's say I've been mining for 4 days, and I restart my computer or the miner, will my timer be reset back to 0?  Or will the program/you know that I have been mining for 4 days?

MinerChad

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 10:36:11 PM

**5. Why did you do this?**
I made it for my own use because I wanted to try if its possible or how hard it would be. It turned out to be doable so I did it and used it for few days myself and then I decided I would share it.
I have rewrote it to make it useable for all users and make their mining easier. I have added about 60% code to check for stupid things users may do and much better error handling to ensure your mining will be absolutely flawless.

I guess you know what is proprietary CopyRights Infringement? you want us to involve with your illegal ways. better take it to yourself

Copyright infringement is the use of works protected by copyright law without permission, infringing certain exclusive rights granted to the copyright holder, such as the right to reproduce, distribute, display or perform the protected work, or to make derivative works.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright_infringement

The "ethical" issue of this thing..
If you have problem with this and you think this modification is not ethical. I have to say if Claymore didn't make milions dollars monthly of your 1-2% fees I would have agreed but in this case NO I don't think this is problem.
I doubt he could even notice! Why? Well I left a debug feature for people just like you this feature shows Claymore's wallets and show them in your miner console. So you can check his wallets and see for yourself how many bitcoins he make daily.
He has many wallets on many pools here is just one of them there is maybe 30+ of these you can look them up yourself. https://etherscan.io/address/0xc1c427cd8e6b7ee3b5f30c2e1d3f3c5536ec16f5

That is the fruit of his innovative and support approach, I am not actually defending claymore as I know him or not, its juts that he deserves what he got for writing friendly user miner.

why don't you wrote your own miner? there are open source ready for modifications out there.

rofl doubt claymore has it copyrighted or ANYTHING even close

LOL...ROFL...I bet you're not using Claymores miner aren't you? or rather you're not reading License.txt included

Copied From Claymore's License.txt

Claymore's Dual Miner License Agreement
==========

Copyright (c) 2016-2017 Claymore

1. Subject to the terms of this Agreement, you are granted a revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited and worldwide license to use this software for the internal use only.

2. You may not sell, transfer, rent, assign, lease, loan, sublicense, lend, resell, redistribute or otherwise share this software.
Further, you shall not modify, make derivative works based upon, recreate, generate, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, reverse assemble,
reverse compile or otherwise attempt to derive the human-readable form of the source code of any parts of this software.

3. You may not cancel, reduce, change, remove, block, or redirect built-in developer fee in any way (except using "-nofee" option).

4. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY,
WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.

As official as this may look, a text file with some legal seeming "agreement" means nothing.  He hasn't patented/copyrighted it, and he hasn't even released his software under ANY type of legally-recognized software license type.  It's totally fair game.  With the $120,000+ he's making a month from his 1-2% fees, Claymore could have EASILY have hired a patent lawyer to protect this.
nzalog

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 01:27:31 AM
Last edit: December 23, 2017, 10:22:23 PM by nzalog

I mean it's one thing to help others to get out of a fee which has it's ethical implications, but a whole other thing to skim part of the stolen dev fee on top for yourself.
Eth_Saver (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 09:46:45 PM

I mean it's one thing to help others to get out of a fee which has it's ethical implications, but a whole other thing to skim part of the stolen dev fee on top for yourself.

In the next release, I will add the option for users to leave part of the fees to Claymore to reduce the fee as they like to.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: